Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:58:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stop The Maddness Refuge For The Fans That Are Excited About 2006 AND GNFR's
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stop The Maddness Refuge For The Fans That Are Excited About 2006 AND GNFR's  (Read 20468 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2006, 08:57:09 AM »

Gee, chastise us for fucking talking about the band. I thought that was the point of this board you nazi. The fact is, this "band" is doing stuff that is rubbing most fans up the wrong way. You dont want to deal with how fans are annoyed as yet another year is going to go by with probably no album? Dont post on this board - go and read the news and live in an Axl felating fantasy. We are allowed to express our opinion without copping shit for it from you.

Exactly who is this directed at?? If you are going to talk "big" please be clear about WHO you are talking to.? You'd better watch it.? This is not friendly board behavior.? ?no

The creator of this thread, thats who. How "friendly" is coming on a board and telling people to stop all opinions but one.

Oh so the Nazi comment was directed at me? rant learn to read, look I have no problem with debate, no problem with opinion, I even enjoy heckling back and forth but come on. How many damn slash versus buckethead threads do we need. And above all the guy who runs the board stated the guns n roses section is for supporting GNR the current version.

How freindly are your comments calling me a nazi. How freindly are the I want slash back in every damn thread. That must make bumblefoots drummer happy when he was here the other day posting. About the same time he posted there were 5 active threads going about buckethead / slash crap and the chinese / bbf threads going on. Hell poeple could not wait 5 seconds without asking the guy about CD. When is it coming out etc.

Rub the dirt out of your eyes and reread what I posted. The key to everything I posted was WE HAVE HAD THE BEST DAMN 6 MONTHS IN OVER 15 YEARS, so take a deep breath and reflect on it and be damn happy for once. Almost a day does not go by that we do not get real substantial positive news. Tour, tour dates and yesterday pigs flew and gnronline got updated. Look I'm not in anyway against freedom of opinion. And if you think I'm one of these young kids that found out about gnr last year your wrong. I have followed them from the the late 80's, to be sure it was when SCOM or WTTJ premiered on MTV. So when ever that happened that is when I got hooked. I llike all types of music, but I only really love one and that is GNR. I could care less about other bands, for me it has and always will be GNR.?

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2006, 09:02:02 AM »

Gee, chastise us for fucking talking about the band. I thought that was the point of this board you nazi. The fact is, this "band" is doing stuff that is rubbing most fans up the wrong way. You dont want to deal with how fans are annoyed as yet another year is going to go by with probably no album? Dont post on this board - go and read the news and live in an Axl felating fantasy. We are allowed to express our opinion without copping shit for it from you.

Exactly who is this directed at?? If you are going to talk "big" please be clear about WHO you are talking to.? You'd better watch it.? This is not friendly board behavior.? ?no

The creator of this thread, thats who. How "friendly" is coming on a board and telling people to stop all opinions but one.

Oh one other thing I think your comment was directed to more than just me but your internet muscle are not tough enough to speak up to the big boss. He was verry stern and directly to the point in his comments.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2006, 09:07:22 AM »

I wish people would start realising that a "reunion" is not gonna happen anytime soon.  Also they need to realise that Slash, Duff and the rest they all left the band.  That means they all QUIT!  So get over it.  I have been a fan since 1987 and believe me I was pissed when they all quit GNR but hey that is life.  I wish Axl would've called this band something else so we wouldn't have this frigging debate but he did not.  Look on the bright side at least we got a new lineup of GNR.  And I think if we give them a chance, they could blow our minds away.  If Slash and Duff moved on why can't the fans?
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2006, 09:11:19 AM »

Oh so the Nazi comment was directed at me? rant learn to read, look I have no problem with debate, no problem with opinion, I even enjoy heckling back and forth but come on. How many damn slash versus buckethead threads do we need. And above all the guy who runs the board stated the guns n roses section is for supporting GNR the current version.

How freindly are your comments calling me a nazi. How freindly are the I want slash back in every damn thread. That must make bumblefoots drummer happy when he was here the other day posting. About the same time he posted there were 5 active threads going about buckethead / slash crap and the chinese / bbf threads going on. Hell poeple could not wait 5 seconds without asking the guy about CD. When is it coming out etc.

Rub the dirt out of your eyes and reread what I posted. The key to everything I posted was WE HAVE HAD THE BEST DAMN 6 MONTHS IN OVER 15 YEARS, so take a deep breath and reflect on it and be damn happy for once. Almost a day does not go by that we do not get real substantial positive news. Tour, tour dates and yesterday pigs flew and gnronline got updated. Look I'm not in anyway against freedom of opinion. And if you think I'm one of these young kids that found out about gnr last year your wrong. I have followed them from the the late 80's, to be sure it was when SCOM or WTTJ premiered on MTV. So when ever that happened that is when I got hooked. I llike all types of music, but I only really love one and that is GNR. I could care less about other bands, for me it has and always will be GNR.?

Bumblefoot was here posting?  On what thread?  Too bad I missed it.  How cool of him.  That's what I like about him and Richard.  They are extremely fan friendly which is something we didn't have before.  You should all appreciate that you can write those guys and they answer.  Try doing this with Slash and see if he answers.   hihi 
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2006, 09:13:40 AM »

Because we are fans not Slash and Duff... peace

"...It don't really matter..."
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2006, 09:15:27 AM »

Bumblefoot was here posting?? On what thread?? Too bad I missed it.? How cool of him.? That's what I like about him and Richard.? They are extremely fan friendly which is something we didn't have before.? You should all appreciate that you can write those guys and they answer.? Try doing this with Slash and see if he answers.? ?hihi?

No not him his drummer from his NY gig the other night for his solo act, but you know they must read this stuff in amazement or confusion  becuase of some of the stuff that is posted.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2006, 09:16:38 AM »

Wow. ?So much for "Stopping the madness?," huh?

First off, I'm completely behind the new lineup. ?They've got great chemistry, they put on a hell of a show, and - better yet - they enjoy playing together. ?At a minimum, *any* version of GnR that gets Axl out on tour and actively performing and making music is better than a "GnR" that keeps Axl in seclusion. ?

The last thing I'm going to do is take shots at the band when I'm hearing new music and seeing Axl, Robin, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris, Brain, Ron, and Richard live, just becuase I might not approve of the lineup, or don't agree with what they're doing. ?It's counterproductive, it's disrespectful, and it's certainly not supportive of what the band is trying to accomplish.

I'm glad they're back, and thrilled to have them here now. That's more than enough for me (granted, having CD in my hands would be nice as well... ?peace). ?To the entire band - it's great to have you back, and I hope you're around for a long time to come.  It's meant more to me as a fan than I can say in this past year.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2006, 09:20:52 AM »

I agree. ?BUT! ?Axl is partly to blame on this one. ?If he would release CD once and for all, I think that whn people get a chance to listen to what these guys have to offer, the fans will be amazed and may start to accept this lineup and move on. ?Forgetting about the old lineup is impossible. ?They released some great music and we must not forget but for the love of God the fans can start accepting the fact that what we have now is GNR. ?And a world with GNR is better than a world without one. ?I am not saying the old is better than the new or vice versa. ?They're just different and both have different strengths. ? ok
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2006, 09:49:08 AM »

I can't imagine reunion,and gnr to play in 80-es style

People 19 left since AFD,and Axl and gnr grow up

New guys are great

I have never seen so many tree
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

I think possibly the best way to view Gn'R is not *old vs new* but as *current'era*

The Gn'R line up as been changing all along. This includes the current line up, as 2006 is different from 2002 with the departure of Buckethead and some guitarist called Tobias. As for Bumblefoot's status, well thats any bodies guess. Is he here for good or simply as long as he can stick it out or given the boot. The new Gn'R is more like the new Gn'R v1.1, or to put it simply, *Current'era Gn'RSmiley
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2006, 10:07:19 AM »

Recently I refer to them as
AFD era GnR
UYI era GnR
CD era GnR

FOr the record I think Axl should have never continued to use the name just because so many people are set on GnR being at least Axl, Slash and Duff. But he made the decision and I follow him, but things woulda been alot smoother if he woulda just went Ozzy's route after he and Sabbath parted ways. This band having the Name GnR means that CD is doomed to be a media failure, just cuz Slash isn't part of it...we all know that right?

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2006, 10:17:49 AM »

Exactly who is this directed at?  If you are going to talk "big" please be clear about WHO you are talking to.  You'd better watch it.  This is not friendly board behavior.   no

Oh one other thing I think your comment was directed to more than just me but your internet muscle are not tough enough to speak up to the big boss. He was verry stern and directly to the point in his comments.

As far as Ive seen jarmo pretty much lets this place do what it wants within reason. He locks stuff, but its mostly garbage anyway. Hes not going around telling people their opinions are "madness".
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2006, 10:24:37 AM »

Neemo, I agree with you about the different eras of GNR, but Ozzy's route was different.  He was fired from Sabbath and they did use the name after they fired him.  They had Dio and Ian Gillian as the lead singers and they continued to tour as black sabbath.  Ozyy couldn't have toured under the Sabbath name.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2006, 10:33:20 AM »

Neemo, I agree with you about the different eras of GNR, but Ozzy's route was different.? He was fired from Sabbath and they did use the name after they fired him.? They had Dio and Ian Gillian as the lead singers and they continued to tour as black sabbath.? Ozyy couldn't have toured under the Sabbath name.

yeah but...fine then Sting and Police situation or Plant and Zeppelin or Clapton and Cream

if any of those guys woulda attempted to tour and record under their orig band name it woulda been career suicide...what impact it will have on Axl remains to be seen

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2006, 10:50:25 AM »

People have different tastes in music. ?Some people will always love the old band, some will always love the new band. ?Some people like GNR, some people like Rick Astley. ?Some people love Axl, some people love Milli Vanilli. ?It is all personal taste. ?One thing is for sure, this is GNR site gets a lot of traffic, and they don't want people dwelling on the past. ?There are many here who honestly prefer the new band to the old one. ?And I agree that the popular feeling on this board may not reflect the opinion of the casual fan. ?But for now, can we just enjoy the fact that Axl is performing at his fullest abilities? ?I for one thought it sucked when disappeared all those years!!!!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2006, 10:52:08 AM »

As far as Ive seen jarmo pretty much lets this place do what it wants within reason. He locks stuff, but its mostly garbage anyway. Hes not going around telling people their opinions are "madness".

I did not say anyone person post where madness, I said stop the madness this have been a great ?6 months. Why do you have such a problem with my thread when there is garbage post day in and day out from some people. But you have a problem becuase I spoke up and say hey I'm happy with what we have right now. This is a great time to be a GNR fan. This thread is a refuge for the poeple that love what is going on. I will edit my title if that will make you happy.

BUT again you are side stepping some of the previous post.

The man in charge posted this

"Guns N' Roses is:

W. Axl Rose [vocals]
Dizzy Reed [keyboards]
Tommy Stinson [bass]
Robin Finck [guitar]
Richard Fortus [guitar]
Ron Thal [guitar]
Brain [drums]
Chris Pitman [keyboards]

If you have a problem with that, we don't care and we don't wanna see your posts here. It's been almost ten years since most of the people you are missing left the band. Deal with it.

Go post about how somebody is missing in that line up to people who care. I'm sure you can use Google and find a board for yourself to post at.

/jarmo"

You posted this

"Gee, chastise us for fucking talking about the band. I thought that was the point of this board you nazi. The fact is, this "band" is doing stuff that is rubbing most fans up the wrong way. You dont want to deal with how fans are annoyed as yet another year is going to go by with probably no album? Dont post on this board - go and read the news and live in an Axl felating fantasy. We are allowed to express our opinion without copping shit for it from you."

You got questioned on who you were referring to and you pointed at me the evil nazi thread starter. Look I do not care what you think, but when you are going to bust my balls atleast grow a set and speak up the the guy in charge because I'm no mind reader but damn I think you had a problem with more then what I typed.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

maybe i'm the only one who thinks this but, for me

Well, unfortunately for you, all those guys weren't on stage when you saw them this summer.

Therefore, Guns N' Roses in 2006 is the band I listed.

So if you're only here to point out how the rest should still be in the band or something, you're at the wrong board.

/jarmo

my point is GNR is more than Mr. X and Mr. Y at TIME T.

GNR is a huge thing that has been going for 20 years. it includes everything. there is no 2006 band, no 1987 band, there is a whole package. a name. that's all.

they're just actors in one big story. and i love the story.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2006, 11:02:06 AM »

GNR is a huge thing that has been going for 20 years. it includes everything. there is no 2006 band, no 1987 band, there is a whole package. a name. that's all.

Umm, ok....

Can you at least acknowledge the fact that certain "actors" aren't part of this chapter of the story?  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2006, 11:12:55 AM »

I have edited my first post some. My intention was not to stir up trouble but for people to reflect on the last 6 months and possible stop the craziness of the non stop complaints on the current 2006 gnr.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2006, 11:14:49 AM »

Umm, ok....

Can you at least acknowledge the fact that certain "actors" aren't part of this chapter of the story? ?Tongue

/jarmo

ahah, oh of course. of course. long gone.
i enjoy the new actors through concerts and soon a cd
i enjoy the old ones with my dvds and cd's
and they are all part of the GNR family Smiley

lets just enjoy everything Velvet Revolver, GNR, buckethead, slash, robin, everybody rock Smiley if they didnt rock they wouldnt have been in GNR. haters are just bored.

PEACE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: