Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:05:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stop The Maddness Refuge For The Fans That Are Excited About 2006 AND GNFR's
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stop The Maddness Refuge For The Fans That Are Excited About 2006 AND GNFR's  (Read 20287 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 03:25:33 PM »

Some people are taken this abit to seriously and besides, but if you want it that way here is my 2 cents.

You just can't expect people not to miss the founding members of the band, it's just crazy to think you can. Yes there is a new band now and most people are in full support of that and this is a great place to discuss the current lineup. But what I don't get is when people say "people need to stop living in the past" it has shit to with "living in the past" it's just not forgetting what Guns N Roses was and what the band at that time ment to a hell of alot of people.

The general public/the world at large is always going to see Slash as GnRs guitarist, plain and simple. You can't erase what the band did. GnR were known for being this dangerous group of people that for a very short period of time (from 87-93) made musical history, how the hell do you expect people just to forget it?

I support all era's of the band  if I didn't I wouldn't be here. But to me there are two versions of the same band: THE Guns N Roses and THIS Guns N Roses. The current lineup is GnR but it isn't "the" GnR. If Axl wants this lineup of the band to be taken seriously he needs to release the lineup once and for all and enough of this bullshit and give this lineup it's own identity instead of living in the shadows of another band.

.i bet the new line up would release CD tomorrow if they could  Wink
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 03:27:43 PM »

Some people are taken this abit to seriously and besides, but if you want it that way here is my 2 cents.

You just can't expect people not to miss the founding members of the band, it's just crazy to think you can. Yes there is a new band now and most people are in full support of that and this is a great place to discuss the current lineup. But what I don't get is when people say "people need to stop living in the past" it has shit to with "living in the past" it's just not forgetting what Guns N Roses was and what the band at that time ment to a hell of alot of people.

The general public/the world at large is always going to see Slash as GnRs guitarist, plain and simple. You can't erase what the band did. GnR were known for being this dangerous group of people that for a very short period of time (from 87-93) made musical history, how the hell do you expect people just to forget it?

I support all era's of the band  if I didn't I wouldn't be here. But to me there are two versions of the same band: THE Guns N Roses and THIS Guns N Roses. The current lineup is GnR but it isn't "the" GnR. If Axl wants this lineup of the band to be taken seriously he needs to release the lineup once and for all and enough of this bullshit and give this lineup it's own identity instead of living in the shadows of another band.

some valid points there, and I dont expect anyone to just forget the old band..  I still remember them, its just tiring to see every thread turn into whining about the fact that slash or whoever is gone and then it goes to old vs. new.    its not like the mods here stop people from talking about it, just go to Dead Horse.   This is 2006, not 1992 so theres no reason to bring the old guys into the topics here.  Its not about hating the ex-members or disrespecting them, its about supporting the 2006 era.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 03:27:51 PM »

Guns N' Roses is:

W. Axl Rose [vocals]
Dizzy Reed [keyboards]
Tommy Stinson [bass]
Robin Finck [guitar]
Richard Fortus [guitar]
Ron Thal [guitar]
Brain [drums]
Chris Pitman [keyboards]

/jarmo

maybe i'm the only one who thinks this but, for me

Guns N' Roses is:

W. Axl Rose [vocals]
Dizzy Reed [keyboards]
Tommy Stinson [bass]
Robin Finck [guitar]
Richard Fortus [guitar]
Ron Thal [guitar]
Brain [drums]
Chris Pitman [keyboards]
Duff Mckagan [bass]
Slash [guitar]
Gilby Clarke [guitar]
Izzy Stradlin [guitar]
Matt Sorum [drums]
Steven Adler [drums]

cause GNR is more than a punctual thing. it's a whole experience. and when i say i like GNR, i'm talking about the whole package, my old dvds, and my newly donwloaded mpeg.

that's it. there is no new band, old band. there is this whole fuckin thing called Guns n' Roses that started 20 years ago and is still going.
The NAME is everything. members come and go. they are part of the name history.
they don't control it.

GUNS N' ROSES is GUNS N' ROSES no matter who they are, as long as the music rocks.

for all that i know, Velvet Revolver IS Guns n' Roses, it's whole damn universe.

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 03:28:26 PM »

ahh i dun see VR ?touring and putting there whole self into it.i do see axl's return the best ever !
so for the old members who aren't in g n' r now.oh well go for it axl do your best.and i think his best is the best ever.and do believe when the time is right cd will be out on shelves in stores.don't worry bout ?dat.

the one an only horsey !
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 03:32:09 PM »

Think of it like this:

I am a Chicago White Sox fan.

I loved them when they had Frank Thomas, Carlton Fisk, Bo Jackson, Jack McDowell, etc.

Those guys don't play for the White Sox anymore.

I still love the White Sox.

Does this make any sense?  heh

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 03:32:31 PM »

I personally don't think that anyone is asking anyone to FORGET the old lineup because of course they were the ones who made a huge impact on history initially. ?But it's the constant pining for reunions that are probably not going to happen that get annoying. ?

If you don't respect this band for what it is today you really don't have a place on this board, IMO-or you do, just in the other sections....however you want to look at it. ?

But if you are simply a member here to bash the current lineup and re-hash the past you probably need to find a new hobby.

Guns N' Roses is:

W. Axl Rose [vocals]
Dizzy Reed [keyboards]
Tommy Stinson [bass]
Robin Finck [guitar]
Richard Fortus [guitar]
Ron Thal [guitar]
Brain [drums]
Chris Pitman [keyboards]

/jarmo

If you are here to support these guys listed above, then you are in the right place-

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 03:33:23 PM »

I support all era's of the band? if I didn't I wouldn't be here. But to me there are two versions of the same band: THE Guns N Roses and THIS Guns N Roses. The current lineup is GnR but it isn't "the" GnR. If Axl wants this lineup of the band to be taken seriously he needs to release the lineup once and for all and enough of this bullshit and give this lineup it's own identity instead of living in the shadows of another band.

some valid points there, and I dont expect anyone to just forget the old band..? I still remember them, its just tiring to see every thread turn into whining about the fact that slash or whoever is gone and then it goes to old vs. new.? ? its not like the mods here stop people from talking about it, just go to Dead Horse.? ?This is 2006, not 1992 so theres no reason to bring the old guys into the topics here.? Its not about hating the ex-members or disrespecting them, its about supporting the 2006 era.

EXACTLY

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 03:35:19 PM »

HEY!!!? YOU RE-POSTED THE BELOW POST FROM PAGE ONE TO PAGE TWO AND REPLACED THE PAGE ONE ONE WITH A "WHAT"!!!? ?hihi

Guns N' Roses is:

W. Axl Rose [vocals]
Dizzy Reed [keyboards]
Tommy Stinson [bass]
Robin Finck [guitar]
Richard Fortus [guitar]
Ron Thal [guitar]
Brain [drums]
Chris Pitman [keyboards]

/jarmo

Guns N' Roses is:

W. Axl Rose [vocals]
Dizzy Reed [keyboards]
Tommy Stinson [bass]
Robin Finck [guitar]
Richard Fortus [guitar]
Ron Thal [guitar]
Brain [drums]
Chris Pitman [keyboards]
Duff Mckagan [bass]
Slash [guitar]
Gilby Clarke [guitar]
Izzy Stradlin [guitar]
Matt Sorum [drums]
Steven Adler [drums]

cause GNR is more than a punctual thing. it's a whole experience. and when i say i like GNR, i'm talking about the whole package, my old dvds, and my newly donwloaded mpeg.

that's it. there is no new band, old band. there is this whole fuckin thing called Guns n' Roses that started 20 years ago and is still going.
The NAME is everything. members come and go. they are part of the name history.
they don't control it.

GUNS N' ROSES is GUNS N' ROSES no matter who they are, as long as the music rocks.

for all that i know, Velvet Revolver IS Guns n' Roses, it's whole damn universe.

what

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 03:35:40 PM »

I personally don't think that anyone is asking anyone to FORGET the old lineup because of course they were the ones who made a huge impact on history initially. ?But it's the constant pining for reunions that are probably not going to happen that get annoying. ?

If you don't respect this band for what it is today you really don't have a place on this board, IMO-or you do, just in the other sections....however you want to look at it. ?

But if you are simply a member here to bash the current lineup and re-hash the past you probably need to find a new hobby.

Guns N' Roses is:

W. Axl Rose [vocals]
Dizzy Reed [keyboards]
Tommy Stinson [bass]
Robin Finck [guitar]
Richard Fortus [guitar]
Ron Thal [guitar]
Brain [drums]
Chris Pitman [keyboards]

/jarmo

If you are here to support these guys listed above, then you are in the right place-

Could not of said it better myself

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 03:37:15 PM »

Well, unfortunately for you, all those guys weren't on stage when you saw them this summer.

Therefore, Guns N' Roses in 2006 is the band I listed.

So if you're only here to point out how the rest should still be in the band or something, you're at the wrong board.

Jarmo have a word with velimir and Jim Bob Smiley

Stop acting all holy now. ?Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2006, 03:37:29 PM »

We support G N R, however they are constituted...BUT WE NEED AN ALBUM, NOT A REPEAT OF 2002
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2006, 03:38:11 PM »

Well, unfortunately for you, all those guys weren't on stage when you saw them this summer.

Therefore, Guns N' Roses in 2006 is the band I listed.

So if you're only here to point out how the rest should still be in the band or something, you're at the wrong board.

Jarmo have a word with velimir and Jim Bob Smiley

Stop acting all holy now.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2006, 03:40:39 PM »

hihi

This is against the rules.

-1 karma.

One step closer to banning.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2006, 03:47:43 PM »

It's an exciting time for any real GN'R fan

Sit back and just enjoy the ride  peace
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2006, 03:49:42 PM »

We support G N R, however they are constituted...BUT WE NEED AN ALBUM, NOT A REPEAT OF 2002

I do not think that will happen, 2006 has been so different. Axl is happy the guys look happy.  Look at the stuff that happend during the europe tour axl kept on rocking. 

It is time to rule the world again.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2006, 03:51:10 PM »

It's an exciting time for any real GN'R fan

Sit back and just enjoy the ride? peace

Thanks for the support.

Again Mysteron thanks for everything and we really appreciate everything that is going on. Only a few bad apples  hihi

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Shirell
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2006, 03:52:05 PM »

I'm loving the 'new' band, no complaints here Smiley ?*happy...happy...happy*
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2006, 03:52:18 PM »

There's a brazilian song wich says:

"its you who loves the past and can't see how the new is always coming'"

IMO, you can love the old band as much as you can. But they are gone, and you can't do anything but deal with the new. Whinning will not help at all and you'll miss how great this new band is and how you can enjoy it for what it is.

I am tired of whinning about Slash's departure 10 years ago.
I am tired of whinning about how Robin is not Slash.
I am tired of bitching about Buckethead/BBF.
I am tired of bitching about Pittman's synths.

It's a waste of time be in a board that supports the new band just to complain about it. Maybe people likes to get pissed, I dunno...

codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2006, 03:56:02 PM »

I'm loving the 'new' band, no complaints here Smiley  *happy...happy...happy*
That's a very good call. I will like the new band so much more when they tour with CD  beer

..a proper CD tour, i'll go and se'em again then. The last time was back 2002.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 04:01:02 PM by codenameninja » Logged
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2006, 03:56:22 PM »

There's a brazilian song wich says:

"its you who loves the past and can't see how the new is always coming'"

IMO, you can love the old band as much as you can. But they are gone, and you can't do anything but deal with the new. Whinning will not help at all and you'll miss how great this new band is and how you can enjoy it for what it is.

I am tired of whinning about Slash's departure 10 years ago.
I am tired of whinning about how Robin is not Slash.
I am tired of bitching about Buckethead/BBF.
I am tired of bitching about Pittman's synths.

It's a waste of time be in a board that supports the new band just to complain about it. Maybe people likes to get pissed, I dunno...

I think poeple just like to post or argue.

I'm thrilled to death about the last 6 months. I'm looking forward to what is yet to come.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: