Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:38:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]  (Read 17872 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 07:39:30 PM »

I have no reason to NOT believe them. I can't give you their names but I can tell you one of them told me the origins behind the initial leak of IRS and how it really got online, which I can verify since he has contact with the band.

are you willing to leave this forum if it turns out to be a lie?

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 07:39:37 PM »

Get some info on the album from your insider...thats ALL i care about.

I don't even think the bandmembers know much about it at this point.  hihi

This guy has very close contact with one of the guitarists, that's about all I can say. But he has shown me proof and I trust him - he told me stuff in the past that turned out to be true. And as a contact of a bandmember he'd have to be insane to lie about stuff involving CD, he'd just get fired. He's always been honest. He doesn't know much of anything about the album.
u keep saying that.. wat the hell?...

I keep saying he's trustworthy? That's because he is.  ok
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 07:41:17 PM »

I have no reason to NOT believe them. I can't give you their names but I can tell you one of them told me the origins behind the initial leak of IRS and how it really got online, which I can verify since he has contact with the band.

are you willing to leave this forum if it turns out to be a lie?

Are you willing to leave this forum if it turns out to be right?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 07:42:07 PM »

o0ooo0oo lucky, he got YOU there  hihi rofl
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2006, 07:42:56 PM »

o0ooo0oo lucky, he got YOU there  hihi rofl

I don't even know what you're saying.  Huh
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 07:43:14 PM »

I have from confirmed sources, my head, that monkey's fly out of "brain's" butt on a nightly basis, while axl loves to attempt to shoot them down with a bow and arrow and he will be taking this wonderfull show buisness act they have been perfecting to the VMA's as his joke for the night, thus they will be performing. ?smoking

Also it would be cool if the band did actually perform a song after this bit. ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Steel_Angel
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 07:44:05 PM »

o0ooo0oo lucky, he got YOU there? hihi rofl

I don't even know what you're saying.? Huh
i was quoting lucky. and dude.. i really wish u hadnt made this thread.... now im really expecting gnr to perform..
but Damnit they Wont! Sad
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006, 07:45:57 PM »

Uh, why would Axl be there anyway? All of the other presenters are young(No offense) and popular at the moment. Now if Axl will be there at the VMA 2006, why would he be there?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006, 07:47:14 PM »

publicity
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 07:47:52 PM »

Uh, why would Axl be there anyway? All of the other presenters are young(No offense) and popular at the moment. Now if Axl will be there at the VMA 2006, why would he be there?

His performance in 2002 was the highest-rated MTV performance ever. Maybe that's a factor?
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 07:48:22 PM »

Russian, I'm supporting you on this one. SOmtimes I think that you're misunderstanding everyone...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 07:49:29 PM »

I also just wanted to point out to the nay-sayers who keep bringing up the "terrible" performance in '02 as a reason they will never perform again: it was the highest-rated live performance in MTV history. MTV doesn't give two shits about what critics say if a performance is raking in high numbers. In this case MTV would have to be crazy NOT to at least ask Axl to perform with his band since he's going to be there. MTV cares about one thing: MTV! And if an artist has been a proven success to the extremes that GN'R has been in the past, they'd take all this WELL into consideration.

And you can bet your ass Axl would have to be equally stupid to turn them down after the European tour was so succesful, his voice has improved and he's trying to get his name out there again. Have any idea how many young people watch VMAs? Yeah. It totally makes sense for them to do this.

Saying Axl is a presenter may also be a way of quieting down rumors of a VMA performance - "Well, it said he's a presenter, but then why wouldn't they tell us he's performing? He's probably just presenting." Meanwhile this gives them more room to develop this thing and they don't have to fend off rumors that Axl is in the building as they did in '02. (Remember the Pink slip-up?)

What was the Pink slip up in 2002?

I must've missed that. ?I went to bed just before GNR hit the stage back in '02. ?I heard Jimmy Fallon say stick around for a big surprise and I thought they might ressurect Biggie or something so I threw in the towel. ?I was pissed when I found out what I actually missed. ?Of course I saw it when they replayed the show ALL weekend long, but it wasn't quite the same. ?This time I'll have to glue myself to the TV and stick it out through all the crap.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

Russian, my apologies. I was saying that Axl would be there only for Chinese Democracy only. Not to present some awards for "Publicity."

Axl is known for surprises.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2006, 08:01:03 PM »

I also just wanted to point out to the nay-sayers who keep bringing up the "terrible" performance in '02 as a reason they will never perform again: it was the highest-rated live performance in MTV history. MTV doesn't give two shits about what critics say if a performance is raking in high numbers. In this case MTV would have to be crazy NOT to at least ask Axl to perform with his band since he's going to be there. MTV cares about one thing: MTV! And if an artist has been a proven success to the extremes that GN'R has been in the past, they'd take all this WELL into consideration.

And you can bet your ass Axl would have to be equally stupid to turn them down after the European tour was so succesful, his voice has improved and he's trying to get his name out there again. Have any idea how many young people watch VMAs? Yeah. It totally makes sense for them to do this.

Saying Axl is a presenter may also be a way of quieting down rumors of a VMA performance - "Well, it said he's a presenter, but then why wouldn't they tell us he's performing? He's probably just presenting." Meanwhile this gives them more room to develop this thing and they don't have to fend off rumors that Axl is in the building as they did in '02. (Remember the Pink slip-up?)

What was the Pink slip up in 2002?

I must've missed that.  I went to bed just before GNR hit the stage back in '02.  I heard Jimmy Fallon say stick around for a big surprise and I thought they might ressurect Biggie or something so I threw in the towel.  I was pissed when I found out what I actually missed.  Of course I saw it when they replayed the show ALL weekend long, but it wasn't quite the same.  This time I'll have to glue myself to the TV and stick it out through all the crap.

Pink on the red carpet at the pre show was pissed, as in drunk, she was asked what she was looking forward to and replied with "i just want to see Axl, is Axl here yet?". That was the slip up!

Dizzy has a show the night of the VMAs, if this is indeed part of some big game plan i cant see why he would have scheduled that date, especially when they have all been together on tour and information would have been easily exchanged between members.

Jonx
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 08:05:42 PM »

One of the highest rated performances and one of the poorest.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 08:08:11 PM »

Ok, I'm gonna be the first to say it.

Reunion? Roll Eyes

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 08:11:10 PM »

One of the highest rated performances and one of the poorest.

Gonna agree with you on this one. Although I thought Madagascar sounded wonderfull.

I don't think they will be playing, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 08:17:48 PM »

Reunion? Roll Eyes

Wow. That would sure suck.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2006, 08:18:24 PM »

if they do play, i would like them to play chinese democracy

Kov
1-800 UNBELIEVABLE
Headliner

gunsnroses.hu chinesedemocracy.com

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2006, 08:18:35 PM »

Reunion? Roll Eyes

I can't see that happening right now, there are too much nu-gnr stuff going on. ?Undecided

HTGTH policy:

*poof*
Gone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: