Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:50:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...  (Read 41947 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2006, 03:05:52 AM »

They locked this same thread at MyGNR.  Babies!  People should have some freedom of speech even if it is to discuss rumors.
Shiryu
Headliner

« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2006, 03:07:33 AM »

They locked this same thread at MyGNR.  Babies!  People should have some freedom of speech even if it is to discuss rumors.

Didn't see this thread there...BTW...did the site get hacked AGAIn? Huh

Shiryu.

*We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!*
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2006, 03:07:49 AM »

I'll add two points before I go to bed.

1)  I think all of the talk about Axl changing the lineup too much and that turning the casual audience off is totally unfounded.   To the casual fan, Buckethead being replaced by BBF or vice versa registers as pretty insignificant.   To the broader audience, either it's the original band or it is not.  I know we tend to overanalyze/theorize because we are 'hardcore' fans, but you have to look at things from a wider angle sometimes.

2) I just hope they DO perform and we see who the guitarist is.   I just wish Axl would come out and set some things in stone.  There's so much speculation wasting space on these boards..... and I would hate to see the number of posts in the past 2 years that center around being pro-BH or anti-BH.....   a total waste of space.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2006, 03:08:15 AM »

Mysteron will most likely shoot this down tommorow, but I believe it should be posted because it came from an unbias source on a non-gnr message board. I also had good dialogue with the poster and he seemed annoyed I kept asking questions.. lol at him not understanding gnr fan obsession.
santacruzbot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2006, 03:08:33 AM »

I know people who've spoken with Bucket about the whole GNR thing and my first reaction to this rumor is that it's bogus because Bucket has had nothing positive to say about his GNR experience lately (to put it nicely!). Conversely, no one in GNR (except Brain of course) has had much nice to say about Bucket.

However, he is in Southern California, he doesn't have any conflicting dates, and he did participate for several years in the writing and recording of Chinese Democracy. If it is actually coming out with Bucket's parts on it, I could see why he would want to put himself out there with the band. He put as much into it as anyone and I'm sure he'd like to get some acknowledgment for his contributions.

He obviously isn't participating in the upcoming "tour" because of previous touring commitments, but that wouldn't preclude him participating in a later tour, once the album actually comes out. I'm sure he'd be more interested in touring behind an album which he contributed so much too than playing the same setlist of mostly old songs that he has no connection too night after night.

I'd personally love to see a reconciliation. Bumblefoot can play, but he hasn't really carved out a niche, and Bucket back in the band would definitely sweeten the comeback for me.

On a side note, Brain mentioned to a fan a while ago that he would possibly be playing some shows with Bucket in the Bay Area in August. Obviously that didn't come to pass, but maybe he was referring to some planned GNR shows that got put off for some reason...? Just speculating here...

We'll see on Thursday I suppose!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2006, 03:08:43 AM »

They locked this same thread at MyGNR.? Babies!? People should have some freedom of speech even if it is to discuss rumors.

Didn't see this thread there...BTW...did the site get hacked AGAIn? Huh

Shiryu.

Not that I can see, I was just reading it a min ago-

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=78096

Some other sites got hacked though, I read earlier today. ?One run by gunsguy
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2006, 03:10:40 AM »

The fellating of Buckethead by his supporters in this thread is astounding.

To me, it's not about being a hardcore BH fan and wanting to see him in this band because of htat.

I want GnR to be the best band they can be - and be credible. Robin Finck has emerged and Richard Fortus has evolved. Buckethead has accomplished so much in his short career and is an absolutely undeniable talent. Bumblefoot is a session musician with limited chops.... he brings nothing to the table worth mentioning. Buckethead brings instant credibility to this band.

man, you think a guy with a mask who talks through puppets and wears a kfc bucket on his head brings credibility??? confused

you are right in saying that bh has undeniable talent, but if we believe most things we hear, bbf was asked to join one week before the first show this year. so that means he had one week to learn bh's solo and all the songs, that not to shabby in my book and doesn't tell me he has "limited chops".

i hope ron stays, back in 2002 most folks i talked to thought gnr had become a complete circus, a sideshow and bh's image just fuelled this perception of the band.

Gnr has moved on in my opinion, image wise and with their attitude, so i dont see the need for bh to return

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Shiryu
Headliner

« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2006, 03:11:25 AM »

Cool, thanks ok I guess it's only on my pc confused .........I know, poor GunsGuy no

Shiryu.

*We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!*
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #188 on: August 29, 2006, 03:11:50 AM »

Well, before I go to bed let me say one last time...........

I HOPE TO GOD THIS IS TRUE.. peace
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2006, 03:13:28 AM »

Mysteron will most likely shoot this down tommorow, but I believe it should be posted because it came from an unbias source on a non-gnr message board. I also had good dialogue with the poster and he seemed annoyed I kept asking questions.. lol at him not understanding gnr fan obsession.

Shame on people for not understanding GNR obsession! ?I have had the disease now since I was 13 in 1988 and haven't been cured yet! ?

Well, I guess I will see what has transpired with this manana, I am off to bed!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2006, 03:13:49 AM »

We just have to wait for the actual show to see if it's true or not. Or a press release hihi I just don't see a reason why Bucket would want to join Gn'R.. or why Axl would want him to join for one show. He should just keep the current line-up running..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2006, 03:16:05 AM »

Your perpetual ignorance in this thread is astounding.

I've given you plenty to reply to. You've chosen to forego responding in a mature manner. Oh, sure, in the beginning you were all fired up and ready to go - until you were continually proven wrong on almost all accounts. Now all you can muster is an inept, inane remark about "supporters" of Buckethead.

You may be surprised to find that I'm not a Buckethead supporter and hated him when he was in the band. But I like him a lot more now after seeing Ron play with them.
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2006, 03:18:26 AM »

man, you think a guy with a mask who talks through puppets and wears a kfc bucket on his head brings credibility??? confused

In the end, real rock music is judged on the music.      Pop music is all about image.

Do I like Bucket's image? NO. Do I wish he'd just be himself somtimes? Of course.

But there's one thing I know.   He can outplay Ron Thal, and its not a close match.

I don't think you'd ever hear people say "Thal's lead on the album is pretty weak, but at least the guy doesn't wear silly costumes!"   or "Buckethead's "TWAT" solo on Chinese Democracy is amazing, but his persona really distracts from the work!"

With real rock and roll music, you are judged on your merits.
Or you should be.

I think anyone who has ever made a comment about BH's 'stupid persona' needs to stop and think why we are on this message board. The music of GnR.   This isn't the red carpet with Joan Rivers.
Shiryu
Headliner

« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2006, 03:24:34 AM »

We just have to wait for the actual show to see if it's true or not. Or a press release hihi I just don't see a reason why Bucket would want to join Gn'R.. or why Axl would want him to join for one show. He should just keep the current line-up running..

Because they're going to announce a release date ok you wouldn't want to promote that with the lead guitarist of the cd not being present  Sad

Kannon.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 03:36:33 AM by Shiryu » Logged

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2006, 03:30:23 AM »

I hope Buckethead isn't going to be there. I hope this is all bullshit (the BH part), and that if the band is going to perform, they'll do so with Ron Thal. Enough of the fucking freak show.

I don't think this band needs another member switch. It's already a fucking joke, no need to turn it pathetic ...

I like the band as it is right now, better than ever ! I want those guys on the stage if it happens.

Well, we'll see peace

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
UK SUBS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2006, 03:35:29 AM »

Interesting isn't it.
As much as BBF has generally been embraced by GNR fans it's clear BH still holds a lot of effection with the fans also - Kinda get the feeling people would drop BBF in a heartbeat for BH to return on Thursday evening.

Hook your heart monitors up!
 Wink
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2006, 03:37:17 AM »

It could be true..

On the Trunk interview, Axl didn't really slam Buckethead. He just talked about him as any other person...

So maybe...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #197 on: August 29, 2006, 03:37:26 AM »

Because they're going to announce a release date ok you wouldn't want to promote that with the lead guitarist of the cd not being present  Sad

Kannon.

Well you have a point, but would they really announce the date at the VMA's rofl

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
greendog
« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2006, 04:07:23 AM »

well i hope to god this aint true... i prefer BBF as a player and member of GnR. He's got the GnR feel.

also,

BBF said he thought they werent playing the VMA's, so im calling bullshit.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #199 on: August 29, 2006, 04:16:46 AM »

if buckethead performs even once with GNR i will cry like ive never cried before.  IN A BAD WAY.  that weirdo leaving the band was a blessing, right now GNR looks like a rock band and bumblefoot is just as good.  remember that to get into the US mainstream image is everything, nobody wants to see some KFC chicken bucket wearing freak.

EDIT: that guy is a freakin forum troll who posted that, look at his threads being locked.  just by reading his posts for a few seconds i got annoyed with him.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 04:20:57 AM by mdttkk » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: