Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:41:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...  (Read 42081 times)
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 01:28:46 AM »

I heard Slash was comin' back.

I heard it was Traci.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 01:29:32 AM »

Bumblefoot was NEVER intended to be a permanent replacement, he was just temporary for the '06 tour. They have actually been negotiating for BH to come back to the band because Axl really felt like Buckethead was a vital part of the band's new image and style - he wanted a fresh, edgy guitarist who could bring more attention to the band and vice versa. When BH left it was basically because he was bored of not doing anything, and now with the tour starting up again this was when I first heard a rumbling that management was negotiating with Bucket to play the American leg of the tour and possibly rejoin the band.

The other obvious reason for this is because they are planning on playing a new song at the VMAs and Buckethead is required because he helped create the song and Axl probably feels he'd be better at it than Ron, since Ron didn't actually write the parts, if you catch me.  ok

EDIT: Keep in mind these are not verified. Just things I've heard. The only thing I know for sure is that there were negotiations going on at some point w/ Buckethead to rejoin, but they had fallen through before. But I think it's highly likely he'll be at the VMAs, there's definitely something going on, and the person who told me the band is playing wouldn't lie.

This would also explain why Ron said he hadn't heard anything about playing at the VMAs.  hihi
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 01:30:22 AM »

BS.

gnrevolution.com
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 01:30:31 AM »

Just what we need now, another band member shake up.? I can't believe this, honestly.

It is in NO WAY verified, in fact I wouldnt mind if Mysteron came in here and shot it down. I just posted info I got from an unbiased source with no motivation to seek attention, I discussed this via im's with a long time board member, and he reccomended I post it here. I was just going to not post anything, but I have no reason to think some guy on some random board would just make shit up for no reason about Buckethead.

Well I clicked on the thread link you posted and it was locked. ?That pretty much sums it up in my eyes. ?
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 01:31:02 AM »

This is just ridiculous.. why would BH be there? Gn'R is doing great now, they don't need him and I don't think he needs Gn'R either.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 01:31:12 AM »

it would make sense if Bucket was going to rejoin the band. Most people dont know about Bucket leaving, and BFoot joining so it wouldnt be a factor.

Plus Bucket was frustrated that the album still wasnt out yet so if Axl calle dhim up and said hes ready its something that could be a possibility

but overall i highly doubt this rumor.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 01:31:48 AM »

Here is the BIGGEST reason I do not believe this........

Buckethead has tour dates scheduled that conflict with gnr tour dates, so I dont forsee him on the tour.

However, the guy did say it was a "one off" and bh has not rejoined.

So the tension builds. peace
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 01:32:52 AM »

it would make sense if Bucket was going to rejoin the band. Most people dont know about Bucket leaving, and BFoot joining so it wouldnt be a factor.

Plus Bucket was frustrated that the album still wasnt out yet so if Axl calle dhim up and said hes ready its something that could be a possibility

but overall i highly doubt this rumor.

We don't know everything that goes on within GN'R. For all we know BH could have said (or, err, his puppet could have said!) he wouldn't play with the band again until the album had a release date or something. The reason he left was definitely because he was fed up with doing nothing and wanted to go on tour and release the album.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 01:33:14 AM »

However, the guy did say it was a "one off" and bh has not rejoined.

which is why this rumor is bogus.

We don't know everything that goes on within GN'R. For all we know BH could have said (or, err, his puppet could have said!) he wouldn't play with the band again until the album had a release date or something. The reason he left was definitely because he was fed up with doing nothing and wanted to go on tour and release the album.
agreed.Im aware Bucket wanted to move on with CD and thats why he left. He wanted Axl to release it.

I can totally see Bucket coming back into the band. But this rumor states its a "one off" which tells me its bogus. Plus who nknows if the band even wants Bucket back because as we all know they didnt get along...{my guess Robin,Tommy,Bucket}
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 01:35:30 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 01:33:29 AM »

YOU HAVE TO BE A MEMBER TO POST IN THIS THREAD.....

CLICK ON THE MUSIC FORUM LINK, NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT GNR IN THAT FORUM.....

http://forums.facethejury.com/show_message.asp?cat_id=13&thread_id=74441&time=3&prev_thread=74440&next_thread=74442
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2006, 01:34:13 AM »

Why would Axl showcase Buckethead for one performance and screw up what most people already do not know is the lineup of this band. ?This makes no sense marketwise. ?

Frankly I like Buckets playing but his stage appearance just creeps me out and I am pretty sure he creeps out the rest of the band and I cannot imagine this being done would make them happy-
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2006, 01:35:47 AM »

It was posted in this forum and got 4 replys....

people dont care enough to make up gnr rumors to impress people......

http://forums.facethejury.com/threads.asp?cat_id=13
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2006, 01:36:08 AM »

Why would Axl showcase Buckethead for one performance and screw up what most people already do not know is the lineup of this band.  This makes no sense marketwise. 

Frankly I like Buckets playing but his stage appearance just creeps me out and I am pretty sure he creeps out the rest of the band and I cannot imagine this being done would make them happy-

In case you don't recall the last time Americans saw the band Buckethead was with him. BH also drew a lot of attention at the VMAs. Think about it this way - you are a laughing joke in the music industry for having band members come and go so often. The LAST thing you want is to return to the VMAs after four years only to debut yet ANOTHER new guitarist! Named Bumblefoot!

I'm not bashing Bumblefoot - I'm talking critical reaction. NON-FANS would point out the fact that the band has another new guitarist. "What happened to that bucket guy?" And everyone would start focusing on this.

It makes sense if you think about it.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2006, 01:36:26 AM »

Well it's better than performing with Christina Aguilera.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2006, 01:38:02 AM »

The info he got said it is a "one off" performance, who know is anything else has/is being negotiated.....

I think it's a real possibility and I am pretty sure gnr is playing..... peace
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2006, 01:38:37 AM »

Buckethead's tour date was MOVED FORWARD to September 14! He is NOT playing on Thursday in Mississippi!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2006, 01:38:56 AM »

There is no evidence that GnR are going to perform at the VMAs. Axl is 'scheduled to appear.'

There is no evidence that Bucket was contacted after or during the Euro tour.

Bumble still has plans for the US tour even though no one in the band really likes him.

I would love for this to happen, but the music world must literally move great distances and heavens converge in full harmony before this reunion occurs.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2006, 01:39:40 AM »

Buckethead's tour date was MOVED FORWARD to September 14! He is NOT playing on Thursday in Mississippi!

That doesnt matter, gnr don't have a show until sat.......
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2006, 01:40:22 AM »

Why would Axl showcase Buckethead for one performance and screw up what most people already do not know is the lineup of this band.? This makes no sense marketwise.?

In case you don't recall the last time Americans saw the band Buckethead was with him. BH also drew a lot of attention at the VMAs. Think about it this way - you are a laughing joke in the music industry for having band members come and go so often. The LAST thing you want is to return to the VMAs after four years only to debut yet ANOTHER new guitarist! Named Bumblefoot!

I'm not bashing Bumblefoot - I'm talking critical reaction. NON-FANS would point out the fact that the band has another new guitarist. "What happened to that bucket guy?" And everyone would start focusing on this.

It makes sense if you think about it.

I don't see how this makes sense at all seeing as they just came off a successful tour with the current lineup. ?It's the constant of NOT knowing who is in this band that is making the casual or maybe one time fans shy away because they don't know who is IN the band. ?All this would just add for more confusion IMO and would not be a good idea. ?

I don't doubt Bucket's playing but when he is on stage with them it looks more like a comedy act than a band. ?
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2006, 01:41:06 AM »

That doesnt matter, gnr don't have a show until sat.......

Huh?

What I'm saying is that Buckethead is not playing somewhere else on Thursday. He was scheduled to play Mississippi on Thursday and the date was moved forward. If GN'R play at the VMAs, this means Buckethead's schedule would be free.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: