Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:56:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...  (Read 42083 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2006, 01:41:52 AM »

Oh man, where is Mysteron when we so need him?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2006, 01:41:57 AM »

Buckethead brings far more intrigue, than negative attention... anyone with music knowledge knows the man is an enigman... much like Axl Rose himself actually.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2006, 01:42:42 AM »

Buckethead's tour date was MOVED FORWARD to September 14! He is NOT playing on Thursday in Mississippi!

That doesnt matter, gnr don't have a show until sat.......

Huh?

What I'm saying is that Buckethead is not playing somewhere else on Thursday. He was scheduled to play Mississippi on Thursday and the date was moved forward. If GN'R play at the VMAs, this means Buckethead's schedule would be free.

When are the Vma's I thought they were this week?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2006, 01:43:13 AM »

Buckethead's tour date was MOVED FORWARD to September 14! He is NOT playing on Thursday in Mississippi!

Huh?

What I'm saying is that Buckethead is not playing somewhere else on Thursday. He was scheduled to play Mississippi on Thursday and the date was moved forward. If GN'R play at the VMAs, this means Buckethead's schedule would be free.

Thursday this week
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2006, 01:43:33 AM »

Why would Axl showcase Buckethead for one performance and screw up what most people already do not know is the lineup of this band.  This makes no sense marketwise. 

Frankly I like Buckets playing but his stage appearance just creeps me out and I am pretty sure he creeps out the rest of the band and I cannot imagine this being done would make them happy-

In case you don't recall the last time Americans saw the band Buckethead was with him. BH also drew a lot of attention at the VMAs. Think about it this way - you are a laughing joke in the music industry for having band members come and go so often. The LAST thing you want is to return to the VMAs after four years only to debut yet ANOTHER new guitarist! Named Bumblefoot!

I'm not bashing Bumblefoot - I'm talking critical reaction. NON-FANS would point out the fact that the band has another new guitarist. "What happened to that bucket guy?" And everyone would start focusing on this.

It makes sense if you think about it.

I don't see how this makes sense at all seeing as they just came off a successful tour with the current lineup.  It's the constant of NOT knowing who is in this band that is making the casual or maybe one time fans shy away because they don't know who is IN the band.  All this would just add for more confusion IMO and would not be a good idea. 

I don't doubt Bucket's playing but when he is on stage with them it looks more like a comedy act than a band. 

Europe is very different than the US my friend. The '02 tour proved this. Americans don't treasure GN'R quite as much as Europeans - in Europe they are considered a classic rock band more so than they are in the States. I've no idea why. I only heard GN'R when I moved to England. They played SCOM on Virgin all the time. I traveled to Italy and they were playing GN'R on a remote beach in Sicily. When I go to America people don't react the same way most of the time.

Axl called America "the wicked." He knows he's got to really impress to win over US audiences. People who watch the VMAs saw BH in 2002. Those same people will be watching the VMAs this year. What will they think when they see a new guitarist named Bumblefoot? BH never played Europe.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2006, 01:44:03 AM »

Huh?

Thursday this week

Yup, I'll be watching for sure, being a gnr fan is always a fucking rollercoaster ride.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2006, 01:44:40 AM »

the problem with this is not that it doent make sense to have him back in the band. That would make the perfect sense. Bucket is an amazing all around player. And he has th elook. Some like it some dont. But it strikes up an interest/convo. And thats always a good thing.

this isnt about whether hes good for the band though so forget that for now...couple more days till we find out whats gonna happen

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2006, 01:45:21 AM »

Huh?

Let me explain very simply...

Buckethead according to his official website was scheduled for a performance THIS THURSDAY, the night of the VMAs.

This date was mysteriously moved to September 14th. It was not updated on BH's site, but it was updated on the official website for the place he was scheduled to play.

Therefore, Buckethead is NOT PLAYING A GIG THIS THURSDAY. Which means, technically speaking, he COULD very well perform with GN'R at the VMAs without any schedule conflicts.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2006, 01:45:28 AM »

Huh?

Thursday this week

Yup, I'll be watching for sure, being a gnr fan is always a fucking rollercoaster ride.

Now that I will agree with you on beer
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2006, 01:46:29 AM »

Huh?

Thursday this week

Ditto.  beer

You have to admit after all of this, if Axl DOESN'T play we are all going to be incredibly disappointed.  rofl
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2006, 01:48:08 AM »

Huh?

Buckethead according to his official website was scheduled for a performance THIS THURSDAY, the night of the VMAs.

This date was mysteriously moved to September 14th. It was not updated on BH's site, but it was updated on the official website for the place he was scheduled to play.

Therefore, Buckethead is NOT PLAYING A GIG THIS THURSDAY. Which means, technically speaking, he COULD very well perform with GN'R at the VMAs without any schedule conflicts.

Ohh fuck man, the plot thickens, Axl Rose and Buckethead in the same building.... anything can fucking happen, even Axl flipping out and ripping off his mask. hihi
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2006, 01:48:40 AM »

Huh?

Thursday this week

Ditto.? beer

You have to admit after all of this, if Axl DOESN'T play we are all going to be incredibly disappointed.? rofl

Of course, after all this hype I have to turn on a channel I never watch and pray it's gonna be worth my while as I sit through 3 hours of emo and pop torment. ?

So they better do something good dammit! Grin
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2006, 01:48:49 AM »

Huh?

Bucketheadland has the Mississippi Nights date as Sept 14th.

You are correct that Bucket has no show for the date of the VMAs.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
EFISH
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2006, 01:49:03 AM »

haha wo guys this is just great i honeslty i love the suspense
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2006, 01:49:28 AM »

Honestly, I'd have no problem with him popping up and saying "fake"......but how much would it fucking own if he just typed... "possible".
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2006, 01:49:45 AM »

Huh?

Ohh fuck man, the plot thickens, Axl Rose and Buckethead in the same building.... anything can fucking happen, even Axl flipping out and ripping off his mask. hihi

Well I'm not saying BH is definitely going to be there...he was scheduled to play in Mississippi on Thursday and that date got pushed to the 14th. If your source is correct, and the rumor I heard last week is correct, and Buckethead plays with GN'R, then he would definitely be in the building with Axl. But if he's playing with Axl then I doubt Axl will flip out and pull off his mask.  Undecided
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2006, 01:50:07 AM »

I'm getting sick of this bullshit. All these stupid ass rumours. If they bring Bucket back, I think that would be stupid. It will just add to the jokes about not being able to keep members. Dont get me wrong, Bucket is an awesome guitarist, but he doesnt fit the band's image. Its not like 2002 where the band was all dressing different, where Axl was in his jersey mode. Axl is dressing like a fucking rock star, Robin got rid of NIN look, and they look like a real band now. Bucket would just make them look ridiculous. I say keep Bucket's parts on the record, and keep Bumblefoot for the future.

Not only that, its clear that no one but Axl really liked Bucket as a person. You can defintely tell Tommy didnt like him, plus the rumours about Robin and him fighting all the time. It will spew up bad blood if Bucket's brought back in my opinion.

KEEP BUMBLEFOOT!!!!!!!!
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2006, 01:50:43 AM »

Huh?

Thursday this week

Ditto.  beer

You have to admit after all of this, if Axl DOESN'T play we are all going to be incredibly disappointed.  rofl

Of course, after all this hype I have to turn on a channel I never watch and pray it's gonna be worth my while as I sit through 3 hours of emo and pop torment. 

So they better do something good dammit! Grin

Of course I work Thursday 4-midnight, the only day this week I work...figures...so I'll be missing the show.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2006, 01:50:59 AM »

Huh?

Well I'm not saying BH is definitely going to be there...he was scheduled to play in Mississippi on Thursday and that date got pushed to the 14th. If your source is correct, and the rumor I heard last week is correct, and Buckethead plays with GN'R, then he would definitely be in the building with Axl. But if he's playing with Axl then I doubt Axl will flip out and pull off his mask.  Undecided

Just to correct you, Bucket is performing at Mississippi Nights which is in St. Louis, not Mississippi.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2006, 01:51:13 AM »

Honestly, I'd have no problem with him popping up and saying "fake"......but how much would it fucking own if he just typed... "possible".

He is gonna torment us and not say anything so we will all be tuned in on Thursday like crazed animals waiting for some huge thing to happen, hahaha
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: