Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:54:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Bumblefoot and Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot and Chinese Democracy  (Read 12428 times)
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 01:38:05 PM »

Delete this thread before Axl sees it ?hihi ?hihi

I prefer Bumblefoot on the album...fuck BH, but i woud like to have the album this year so...

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »

listen, i dont mean use BHs parts but have BF play them.....

im saying let BF write/improv his OWN parts....im assuming these are mostly solo's.....so, BF is good enough, experienced enough, he could record them in his own studio.....with technology today, he could record it on a lap top in his bathroom and then email the parts to axl....i dont care, do whatevre they gotta do....just record the new band member, master the album and release it....easy enough.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 01:45:59 PM »

hum, but Izzy didn't tour for the twins?

Anyways this band is about the music.
They'll put their best head forward on the album(s), and their best foot live.
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 01:48:46 PM »

I used to think maybe they should change the name but at this point I think they should stick with Chinese Democracy. What the hell at this point..... ok

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 01:49:58 PM »

listen, i dont mean use BHs parts but have BF play them.....

im saying let BF write/improv his OWN parts....im assuming these are mostly solo's.....so, BF is good enough, experienced enough, he could record them in his own studio.....with technology today, he could record it on a lap top in his bathroom and then email the parts to axl....i dont care, do whatevre they gotta do....just record the new band member, master the album and release it....easy enough.

Easy anough for you. But Axl has a lot riding on this album I dont think he wants new riffs and solos written in a rush and then added to the album. I think he may be finally happy with what he has on there now.. Why change it? Bucket was a part of GnR and a part of CD he should stay on.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 01:50:25 PM »

i think maybe there are two ways of looking at this

1. this is about Axl Rose, and who is in the band doesn't matter, there's no icon like Slash etc. etc. this way of thinking is all about AXL..... its Axl and a backing band. (if u think like this, then release the album with BH on it, doesn't matter)

OR

2. this is Guns n' Roses....yes a new band regarding members, but still a BAND. and a band is the whole part, not just the singer. (if u think like this, as i do, then get BF on it, and take BH off)

i take number 2....i want a band....a group willing to die for each other (i know i know..those days are over) but still, its the idea that its a whole band, and the members are SACRED.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 01:52:52 PM »

i dont mean new riffs.....riffs shape a song. solo's are small parts that COULD (NR, SCOM) help make the song. i think Robin's first solo for TWAT is outstanding....

but if we are talking about solos, let BF do his own. but NO, DO NOT CHANGE RIFFS...thats part of the song....or, it IS the song.

how many of us really think BH wrote songs/parts?? i see him as doing the solos only....they said he never even came into the studio, im sure they never even saw him. i dont see him, hanging out, writing music. i DO see axl and robin writing however. those two seem to have a common bond: Make this new band work.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 01:54:54 PM »

Those days are over. Bucket has a load of talent and Axl knows that so his parts will remain. I like Bumblefoot too but I would rather have BH on the album so there is the strongest guitar presence on there as could be.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 01:57:36 PM »

BLS u r correct, with BH its the strongest it can be...but he's not in the band anymore, so for me...thats just weird.

band members are sacred to me...i know, i might be thinking  like 1986, when bands were bands....but if BF is in the band, let him be IN THE BAND.

its misleading to hear BH....besides, this is small, but imagine the videos....for the solo's, they'd have to cut to Axl flying out of  a plane or something, b/c they cant make BF simulate playing BH's parts. and if they do, thats just cheesy!!!
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 02:02:28 PM »

The name Chinese Democracy probably seemed like a good idea *all those years ago*. China is a changing place and their democracy while being different to that of the US, is improving. Having never been to China myself i cannot comment on their (China's) democracy. The Gn'R track Chinese Democracy is weak compared to some of the other tracks from Axl+Co.

.as for the Bumblefoot vs Buckethead argument, its an interesting one. I for one want to hear Bucketheads input into Gn'R. I have nothing agains BF having input into Axl+Co.'s music. What would really suck was if BF was to simply hear what Buckethead had created and then atempt emulate it or worse still add his own thing at too short notice.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 02:06:06 PM by codenameninja » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2006, 02:10:06 PM »

how many of us really think BH wrote songs/parts??

Whatever you think, the members say the 8 guys together made the album(s) democratically, under the direction of mr. rose.

Delete this thread before Axl sees it  hihi  hihi

I prefer Bumblefoot on the album...fuck BH, but i woud like to have the album this year so...

No worries. He wouldn't give 2 shits about irresponsible opinions esp when it comes to the music, I bet. ok
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2006, 02:16:20 PM »

irresponsible opinions....WTF does that mean? how can someone's opinions, written on a message board, be irresponsible.

irresponsible is having a child but going out and spending your last buck on a beer.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2006, 02:19:55 PM »

They should definitely NOT re-record Buckethead's parts. Despite leaving, he was a huge contributor to whatever music the band has made over the last decade. Keep him on, let the guitar parts shine as they should, and move on. Everyone who has an interest in this album is well aware that BH is an amazing player but is no longer a part of the band. I'm expecting and looking forward to BH's killer stuff, myself
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2006, 02:44:36 PM »

BLS u r correct, with BH its the strongest it can be...but he's not in the band anymore, so for me...thats just weird.

band members are sacred to me...i know, i might be thinking? like 1986, when bands were bands....but if BF is in the band, let him be IN THE BAND.

Right, suppose BBF re-records all BH's parts, then quits the band the following day. What are you going to do? Create a new thread on how BBF's parts should be deleted and the album never released?
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2006, 02:55:43 PM »

u may say BF can play anything, and this is not meant to deviate into a debate over this, but BH is a much better guitarist, without a doubt. BF is AMAZING....but BH is out of this world. lets be reasonable here...

Well I think your wrong and seem to have little understanding of what Ron has done in the past. He is very able to create and recreate anything Buckethead did. Will it be the same? No, because Ron is Ron and Bucket is Bucket. Ron and Buckethead are two of the most prominent figures in the virtuoso scene who constantly get compared to each other for good reasons. You're absolutely entitled to have your own favorites, but have 'm without marginalizing down others. Because Ron is in no way a lesser giant compared to Buckethead. And this comes from one of the biggest Bucketheadfans.

-PEACE-

bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2006, 02:56:38 PM »

If by some coincidence this is the holdup for the album, so be it. I'd rather hear Ron... he is a better guitarist. No knock on Bucket, but he has no emotion in his playing.

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2006, 03:29:12 PM »

u may say BF can play anything, and this is not meant to deviate into a debate over this, but BH is a much better guitarist, without a doubt. BF is AMAZING....but BH is out of this world. lets be reasonable here...

OK, being reasonable; what is your objective basis for this statement? They both have ridiculous picking chops, they are both capable of eight-fingered tapping, both can be very avant garde, or very rock when they want. Obviously, they have different styles, but somehow I just don't believe that you know Ron's playing(or Buckethead's to tell the truth) well enough to judge.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2006, 03:37:35 PM »

There is nothing fucking wrong with having "Guest Guitarists" on an album. Happens all the time.

"With Special guest Buckethead." Then include Bucket in the thank you's in the booklet. Mystery solved.

But for the love of god don't rerecord his parts. He helped craft these songs. Doing that would be criminal and would forever leave a blemish on what could otherwise be a masterpiece.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2006, 03:41:22 PM »

hum, but Izzy didn't tour for the twins?

If by the "twins" you mean UYI 1 and 2. Yes he did tour. The tour started in May of 91 he left in November of 91

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2006, 05:47:57 PM »

Guns N' Roses is a "Chinese Democracy" and Uncle Axl will do whatever the fuck he wants!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: