Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:58:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  be happy people Axl said CD THIS YEAR!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: be happy people Axl said CD THIS YEAR!!!!!!  (Read 33207 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2006, 09:38:46 PM »

This was the first I've ever heard of John Norris.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2006, 09:40:58 PM »

uhhh. you're crazy..^^

i know what a fuck you hand shake looks like(see how axl was moving back? it looked like he was freaked out)..ive been getting them from teachers over the years... those werent it..

hihi Axl's a class act he as forgotten the past. Back in the day Norris wasn't the most favorable reporter for GNR at MTV and Axl usally like to avoid him.

what's this axl/ john norris fued? someone educate me

It not really a fued, it just unspoken. Kinda have to had been there. It's NOT official! There is no official fued between Axl and Norris, everyone chill. Sorry to spread confusion around this simple little nugget.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
EFISH
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2006, 09:41:56 PM »

uhhh. you're crazy..^^

i know what a fuck you hand shake looks like(see how axl was moving back? it looked like he was freaked out)..ive been getting them from teachers over the years... those werent it..

Dude, Im telling you that is how he shakes hands with everybody. See that pic of him shaking hands with Queen Latifah? He does the same weird shit lol yes
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2006, 09:45:23 PM »

uhhh. you're crazy..^^

Dude, Im telling you that is how he shakes hands with everybody. See that pic of him shaking hands with Queen Latifah? He does the same weird shit lol yes

hihi

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2006, 09:59:17 PM »

I hope what Axl said is true, he seemed a little "here and there" with his answer to John Norris* (who he doesn't really like from old days) FINGERS CROSSED! Lips Sealed Grin  I'm positive he'll pull through- c'mon Axl! rant peace

*That's why Axl gave him the "Fuck You" hand shake twice. The first hand shake he squeezed Norris' hand hard, watch and you can tell.
When did Axl ever say he hated Norris?? nervous Norris has always been pro GNR like Loder. Here and there answers?? confused Axl was pretty blunt and to the point. A 'fuck you' handshake?? Gimme a break. Axl knows who at MTV has supported him all these years, and I doubt he would be giving out "fuck you" handshakes to those people.

You are the perfect example of someone overanalyzing a situation.

I never said Axl has anything against MTV. Why don't you take a closer look at GNRhistory and you'll find that Axl doesn't really have a high opinion of John Norris. There has always been a bit of tension between the two. It's ok if you don't see it, it was so subtle....
Clue us in to your Godly knowledge. I have been a fan since 87, and I've NEVER seen Norris have an anti GNR stance.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2006, 10:02:09 PM »

I hope what Axl said is true, he seemed a little "here and there" with his answer to John Norris* (who he doesn't really like from old days) FINGERS CROSSED! Lips Sealed Grin  I'm positive he'll pull through- c'mon Axl! rant peace

*That's why Axl gave him the "Fuck You" hand shake twice. The first hand shake he squeezed Norris' hand hard, watch and you can tell.
When did Axl ever say he hated Norris?? nervous Norris has always been pro GNR like Loder. Here and there answers?? confused Axl was pretty blunt and to the point. A 'fuck you' handshake?? Gimme a break. Axl knows who at MTV has supported him all these years, and I doubt he would be giving out "fuck you" handshakes to those people.

You are the perfect example of someone overanalyzing a situation.

I never said Axl has anything against MTV. Why don't you take a closer look at GNRhistory and you'll find that Axl doesn't really have a high opinion of John Norris. There has always been a bit of tension between the two. It's ok if you don't see it, it was so subtle....
Clue us in to your Godly knowledge. I have been a fan since 87, and I've NEVER seen Norris have an anti GNR stance.

Nor have I. I think the only reporter to openly take an opposite stance an artist on MTV was Kurt "Self Proclaimed King Of Pop Michael Jackson" Loder.  Cool

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2006, 10:54:41 PM »

If anything it was Axl being shocked by that monstrosity of a gay haircut on John Norris' head.  Christ even Axl's braids are stylish as all hell to that doo Norris was sporting.  It looked like a dead bleached cat spread out on his head.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2006, 11:13:06 PM »

geez. He just looked just a tad on the shy side. that's all.

Why does everyone assume that these are warm-up shows? Maybe they aren't playing 10+ warmup shows...

Maybe the band just likes playing for the hell of it?

That's what Axl called them.
I don't have it handy but he didn't refer to all 10 shows as warmups did he? but to the shows before KROQ's Inland Invasion one, if my memory serves me correctly.

Or would he say to kroq that headlining their festival was a warmup?

"We've announced our Vegas warm up shows on the 16 & 17 and then we'll be doing some warm up shows in San Francisco"

hehe My memory serves me right. 
These are the 4 shows preceding the Inland Invasion one.
They are doing 2 shows in San Francisco. 

He didn't call other 6 shows warmups. 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2006, 11:30:51 PM »

Besides whatever he called them, he said the tour starts on October 24th on MTV so I would gather anything before that is warm up shows.

Besides? Roll Eyes

You can always say each show is a warm up for the next show.
Maybe the tour starting on around the 24th Oct is different than the one that prolly ending on around on the 5th of oct, like, the west coast mini trip and the us tour.

Listen to the whole interview. As I said earlier, I think he said that there wouldn't be much intervals between tours and they were playing 5~7ish new songs (at the upcomming shows).
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2006, 11:37:32 PM »

Why does everyone assume that these are warm-up shows? Maybe they aren't playing 10+ warmup shows...

I don't have it handy but he didn't refer to all 10 shows as warmups did he? but to the shows before KROQ's Inland Invasion one, if my memory serves me correctly.

"We've announced our Vegas warm up shows on the 16 & 17 and then we'll be doing some warm up shows in San Francisco"

hehe My memory serves me right.?
They are doing 2 shows in San Francisco.?

He didn't call other 6 shows warmups.?

If the tour doesn't start until Oct 24 then they are warm up shows.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2006, 11:51:48 PM »

Besides whatever he called them, he said the tour starts on October 24th on MTV so I would gather anything before that is warm up shows.

Besides? Roll Eyes

You can always say each show is a warm up for the next show.
Maybe the tour starting on around the 24th Oct is different than the one that prolly ending on around on the 5th of oct, like, the west coast mini trip and the us tour.

Listen to the whole interview. As I said earlier, I think he said that there wouldn't be much intervals between tours and they were playing 5~7ish new songs (at the upcomming shows).

Wow, people really misconstrue words around here.? Tour starts officially on October 24th at least that's what he said in the Norris interview.? Anything before that is a warm up for their tour.?

You can't always say that each show is a warm up for the next show when the tour is started.? It's just a tour.?

I don't remember him saying anything about short intervals between, but I only listened to the interview once and I don't have it to go back and listen to it repeatedly to quote him word for word.

At any rate he has 4 warm up shows for the Inland Invasion and then 5 warm up shows for the tour.? ?Roll Eyes

edit:? So I went and found the interview and he did indeed mention the 4 shows before the Inland Invasion as warm ups.? Didn't mention the others but I would think that is because they were not announced and were still in the process of being set up.? Also he never said a word about short intervals between tours, he said he didn't like having the time off now that he is back touring.? Also said that they had been plaiyng 4-6, 7 new songs on the European tour and that they would likely add to it as the tour progressed, not that they would be playing 5-7 new songs in the upcoming shows.

And the Tour kicks off on October 24th according to Axl in the MTV interview.

Just so we are not misconstruing each others or Axl's words!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 12:16:13 AM by jemin » Logged
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2006, 05:22:50 AM »

hehe My memory serves me right. 
They are doing 2 shows in San Francisco. 

He didn't call other 6 shows warmups. 

If the tour doesn't start until Oct 24 then they are warm up shows.

No. They arent... lol. Why can't they just be random shows? Doesn't mean their warmups.

Their just shows anyways.. who cares what their called.

Actually if you wanna be fair.. its still part of the 2002 World Tour according to GNROnline.com  hihi

gnrevolution.com
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2006, 05:25:38 AM »

Actually if you wanna be fair.. its still part of the 2002 World Tour according to GNROnline.com? hihi

rofl
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2006, 08:10:20 AM »

So, when must they master the record to be able to press it and release it this year?

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2006, 08:42:39 AM »

So, when must they master the record to be able to press it and release it this year?

no clue..... but I'm betting on a Christmas release.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2006, 09:27:40 AM »

no clue..... but I'm betting on a Christmas release.

If so, we're still on a fourth month countdown at this point...after 10 years, that's nothing.  Bring it on!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: