Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:18:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?  (Read 27133 times)
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2006, 04:14:20 PM »

Maybe he doesnt know yet....? Roll Eyes

Nothing is finalised yet.

If it's coming this year, something had better be finalized - a date at the very least, if not duplication, and groundwork for promotion. The main thing is that I don't really care when I find out, as long as someone knows what is going on.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2006, 04:46:09 PM »

Maybe he doesnt know yet....  Roll Eyes

If it's coming this year, something had better be finalized - a date at the very least, if not duplication, and groundwork for promotion. The main thing is that I don't really care when I find out, as long as someone knows what is going on.

As long as the actual CD is pressed and ready to ship, they really don't have to have any plan whatsoever until the record is shipped. In all honesty, they could decide on a Thursday that it's coming out the following Tuesday and pull it off.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2006, 04:48:51 PM »

yea, but i have a feeling we'll hear something LONG before CD goes to press...  if not from management or the label, it will be someone working on the production line or distribution

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2006, 04:55:23 PM »

yea, but i have a feeling we'll hear something LONG before CD goes to press...  if not from management or the label, it will be someone working on the production line or distribution

Oh I agree and I'm sure the reps will hear and report long before that too. I just wanted to make the point that they could do it that way if they wished.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2006, 04:58:07 PM »

Considering we are four months away from the new year, I would suspect that GnR' management are in the midst of finalizing a release date and promotion planning.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2006, 05:52:10 PM »

Considering we are four months away from the new year, I would suspect that GnR' management are in the midst of finalizing a release date and promotion planning.

I would say just about every waking hour for an entire staff of people is spent doing just that by this time.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2006, 06:16:27 PM »

Somehow I doubt it being he will be doing a cd tour part 2 this october... I see nothing wrong with saying what single will be released... I have neevr seen a group that can't tell you the release dates of their music when they're about to tour for that specific album..
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2006, 06:21:01 PM »

Oh I'm sure he can tell you the release date.

He just probably doesn't want to.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2006, 06:43:22 PM »

Somehow I doubt it being he will be doing a cd tour part 2 this october... I see nothing wrong with saying what single will be released... I have neevr seen a group that can't tell you the release dates of their music when they're about to tour for that specific album..

So that could be innovation right? But that would be giving them any credit for keeping the anticipation up.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2006, 07:10:17 PM »

So that could be innovation right? But that would be giving them any credit for keeping the anticipation up.

You act like a million people are waiting for this... Anticipation for who, 10,000 people.. It sounds like more excuses given by forum members why it's ok or cool for axl to leave you in the dark.. The wait has been long enough and well overdone, it's time to just tell the fans who care the real deal..
robinfinckfan
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2006, 07:31:17 PM »

You act like a million people are waiting for this... Anticipation for who, 10,000 people.. It sounds like more excuses given by forum members why it's ok or cool for axl to leave you in the dark.. The wait has been long enough and well overdone, it's time to just tell the fans who care the real deal..

10,000 people? i bet this album does 1 million first week
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2006, 07:54:42 PM »

Not excuses really and I doubt anyone here thinks it's "ok or cool" that we've been waiting for a decade with barely any news but, like it or not, that is the way that it is. Management/Axl don't care about doing things the conventional way. They clearly don't care and all the bitching about what we're owed and all that nonsense will NEVER change their minds. Seems to me that some people in the GNR world have accepted that GNR is gonna do what GNR is gonna do when it comes to giving info to the fans and some people have not accepted this. Sure, Axl could have given a release date at the VMA's but he did not. Time to move on. We've waited for so damn long a maximum of four months isn't going to kill anyone. If the year ends and Chinese Democracy is not out (highly unlikely) or does not have a release date then let the bitching continue. Until then give it a damn rest for two seconds.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2006, 08:39:28 PM »

Wow! What a shock! You've got something negative to say about the future of this album!

If you seriously believe that there are less then 1 million people interested in this album I'd be shocked.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2006, 09:32:32 PM »

^people are definitely interested.   most have just kind of gave up hope or its not really on their minds.  But whenever I mention to someone I'm a gnr fan, they always ask if its ever coming out and that they would love to finally hear it.   It will go platinum within the first week.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2006, 09:35:42 PM »

^people are definitely interested.   most have just kind of gave up hope or its not really on their minds.  But whenever I mention to someone I'm a gnr fan, they always ask if its ever coming out and that they would love to finally hear it.   It will go platinum within the first week.
I think it will go platinum right when its released. Every person who has ever been a GNR fan will buy it. Even if they know nothing about this lineup(or hate new GNR), they will buy it out of curiousity. If the album comes out at a cheap price at places like Best Buy, Wal Mart,etc., they could actually double that sales figure on release day.

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2006, 12:00:29 AM »

Now we are arguing about the hypothetical sales of an album that hasn't been released yet.

Come on - back on topic everyone.... Axl didn't give a release yet because there isn't one yet in my opinion.

I think he is just careful of his words after "Round 1!"

And to tell you the truth the release date is set by execs not axl - if we are at that point now - we should all fell lucky that there is a date.

Me personally - I bet the date hasn't been decided yet - as the promotional machine is only starting to roll again. Final details might be in place now.

Lets put it this way - the execs were most likely watching the VMA's to gauge the public reaction to Axl and see what kind of market to promote CD into.  MTV may not be the right place - but this is a buisness and these people are sharks.  The VMA's were a litmus tests for the markets they are potentially marketing to.  Europe is a sure shot - but where and how to market GNR in the US is a bigger problem.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 12:03:40 AM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2006, 12:56:53 AM »

The VMA's were a litmus tests for the markets they are potentially marketing to.  Europe is a sure shot - but where and how to market GNR in the US is a bigger problem.
Nah, I think that's a moot point. I don't see Interscope/Geffen considering regional promotion for a rock band of GNR's magnitude. I could be utterly wrong, but I'd expect a major nationwide push for CD. It makes no sense to me to bother with demographically focussed advertising either, when you know that you'll grab your core market with prime-time tv spots and print ads in the usual suspects.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2006, 02:50:51 AM »

I think 400k tops, but I was saying who is waiting anxiously for this album not who will buy it,.. People who will buy it is different then those on the edge of their seats chomping at the bit.. With the age of downloading I think 1 million units is a bit much..
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2006, 11:13:39 AM »

I think 400k tops, but I was saying who is waiting anxiously for this album not who will buy it,.. People who will buy it is different then those on the edge of their seats chomping at the bit.. With the age of downloading I think 1 million units is a bit much..

When you factor in radio and TV talking about it with the curiosity factor, this album is going to move alot more units than you think. Time will tell.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2006, 12:01:52 PM »

I'm with Mike on this one but i think 400k is pretty high for 1st week sales maybe closer to 250k...I'd say chinese democracy goes platinum, but i doubt it will do much better than TSI as far as sales, which has sold about 1.3 million copies in the US according to wikipedia

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: