Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 05:44:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?  (Read 27119 times)
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2006, 10:28:48 AM »

I mean there's no way there's no date set already
Your entire argument depends on that statement being true, which is incredibley unlikely.
Even if we weren't talking about the most anticipated album by one of the most famous
names in the music industry, there's no way that the record label would keep a release date
a secret. In fact, these days most companies of any type within the entertainment industry
work towards a pre-set release date which is usually announced before a project is even
begun. If there's one thing that you can count on here, it's that once a date is set in stone
interscope/geffen will be battering you over the head with it every day until that date passes.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2006, 11:26:55 AM »

Your entire argument depends on that statement being true, which is incredibley unlikely.
Even if we weren't talking about the most anticipated album by one of the most famous
names in the music industry, there's no way that the record label would keep a release date
a secret. In fact, these days most companies of any type within the entertainment industry
work towards a pre-set release date which is usually announced before a project is even
begun. If there's one thing that you can count on here, it's that once a date is set in stone
interscope/geffen will be battering you over the head with it every day until that date passes.

At this point I feel all of the "there's NO WAY it's coming this year" arguments are invalid until we hit January 01 2007 and Chinese Democracy hasn't been released.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2006, 11:42:10 AM »

At this point I feel all of the "there's NO WAY it's coming this year" arguments are invalid until we hit January 01 2007 and Chinese Democracy hasn't been released.

Listen to this guy people.^^^^^....Come winter time, we will all be playing the album in our cars on our way to work....with the windows open no matter how cold it is....fuck it

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2006, 11:50:11 AM »

Like I've said already, don't believe anything until you have the album in your hands.  It's the only surefire way to avoid potential disappointment.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2006, 11:56:17 AM »

Like I've said already, don't believe anything until you have the album in your hands.? It's the only surefire way to avoid potential disappointment.

True but....I am not going to kill myself if it doesn't happen...it's just another thing to look foward to besides football. With all the appearances Axl is making..the tour in Europe..the USA....I really can't see it not happening...and I am fully aware that this is GNR we are talkin' about.    peace

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »

Why the hell do you need this album so much? Why can't you just be happy with the tour?
I am afraid there has been so much expectation built on for the album, that there is no way in the world it is going to live up to it. And most people will start bitching even more after they hear the album.
I am actually very concerned, given the fact we've basically heard half of the album, being in the form of demos or live performances. I still love the new songs and I think tehy are great compared to anything else that's out there these days. However, in the GN'R standards, these songs at best come halfway close to the Illusions songs.....

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
flickn
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2006, 12:22:03 PM »

merck , fortus , and axl said this year , so it's gotta come
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2006, 12:24:34 PM »

Why the hell do you need this album so much? Why can't you just be happy with the tour?
I am afraid there has been so much expectation built on for the album, that there is no way in the world it is going to live up to it. And most people will start bitching even more after they hear the album.
I am actually very concerned, given the fact we've basically heard half of the album, being in the form of demos or live performances. I still love the new songs and I think tehy are great compared to anything else that's out there these days. However, in the GN'R standards, these songs at best come halfway close to the Illusions songs.....

Including the leaks we have heard...I would be satisfied with "the blues" and "madagascar" studio versons (which will sound amazing) with one heavy rocker "the general" or whatever. The only other listenable new albums in rock are Korn and Tool....everything else pretty much blows elephant dick....it will be a very good and successful album. ?yes

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2006, 12:25:27 PM »

I've never understood the thinking process at Camp GN'R.  The VMA's would've been a perfect opportunity to reach out to the maximum number of casual music goers that for the most part will now have no idea that the CD is coming out even after the release date is finally given.

To make matters worse, word is GN'R are once again planning to start touring the US without the album.

I just don't get it. Huh

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2006, 12:25:28 PM »

I'd say the Tuesday before Thanksgiving so it is in the stores for the biggest shopping day of the year.
flickn
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2006, 12:28:05 PM »

touring the us without a album is specualtion and rumor at best .....the official tour according to AXL isn't until october 24 th

....anybody have a idea where they will be playing ?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2006, 01:00:43 PM »

And here we are already in September with no word.? If they plan to get it out before the tour, they're gonna be cutting it extremely close.

flickn
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2006, 01:08:59 PM »

its possiable in theory that the cd's are done mastering and packaging are ready as well as shiping , just hush hush to limit free ripping off the internet
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2006, 01:10:18 PM »

And here we are already in September with no word.  If they plan to get it out before the tour, they're gonna be cutting it extremely close.

that`s not the plan actually....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2006, 01:32:12 PM »

However, in the GN'R standards, these songs at best come halfway close to the Illusions songs.....
Are you kidding? The demos for Better, IRS and TWAT sound more fully-developed than half of the songs on the UYIs. Would you rather have those three or Shotgun Blues, You Aint the First and My World?

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2006, 01:33:02 PM »

I'd say the Tuesday before Thanksgiving so it is in the stores for the biggest shopping day of the year.

Only in America, so please stop thinking about JUST yourselves.

Thanksgiving is ONLY celebrated in America, not Europe, Australasia and Asia where they will get massive sales too.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2006, 01:35:09 PM »

Maybe Axl does nopt decide the exact day, perhaps the record company does for lining up promotion, etc. Once Axl delivers a completed albu, then the date is set by the label ( I guess)

Maybe he hasn't handed over CD yet?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2006, 01:39:25 PM »

Maybe Axl does nopt decide the exact day, perhaps the record company does for lining up promotion, etc. Once Axl delivers a completed albu, then the date is set by the label ( I guess)

Maybe he hasn't handed over CD yet?

It's a bit of both, usually (band and label) when coming up with a date.? But I think the label DOES get the final yea or nay, to some degree.

Maybe he hasn't, maybe he has.? There's no way of knowing without some comments by someone "in the know".? Really, that leaves a very small handful of people...and they typically let Axl do the yacking about specifics like that.? And we know Axl's not exactly forthcoming about details on anything.

They said before, and during, the Euro tour that they were going to work on the finalized track list during the tour, and finalize it when the tour ended.? Hopefully, they're well on their way through that process (or done with it) and either getting ready for, or are in the midst of, the mastering process.? Here's hoping.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2006, 01:39:42 PM »

Thanksgiving is ONLY celebrated in America, not Europe, Australasia and Asia where they will get massive sales too.

America is the largest single free market for consumption of pretty much anything. GNR are an american band on an american label. You do the math.

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2006, 01:44:23 PM »

Sorry...we're selfish....at least I am....... hihi..but you're right... peace

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: