Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 02:50:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  There is (almost) no competition
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: There is (almost) no competition  (Read 17787 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2006, 06:36:08 PM »

You've got a good point about Axl/ ChiDem promotion: Axl DOES look annoyed everytime he has to talk about the album...
Is GN'R promoted the way they should be? absolutely not. I think we all agree about that. Just look at gnronline... no need to say more.
You want my real opinion on it? I think the potencial is here, the new songs are good, the music is quality BUT Axl is scared of something, He is scared to fail. He is scared not to make a record as good as the old GN'R albums. Inside him, i'm sure he knows he hasn't succeeed to "replace" Slash. It's probably much harder than he ever though... i also guess his cellphone must ring 10 times a day with people telling him "Please Axl, call Slash!".
I guess he is probably under pressure...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:35:00 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Bono
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2006, 06:43:32 PM »

You've got a good point about Axl/ ChiDem promotion: Axl DOES look annoyed everytime he has to talk about the album...
Is GN'R promoted the way they should be? absolutely not. I think we all agree about that. Just look at gnronline... no need to say more.

It is truely ridiculous. It also says alot to me how close(far) the album actually is from being finnished. I mean c'mon now let's get some hype going for this. By not giving a specific relase date and basically telling the interviewer to "shut it" when it came to the album it speaks volumes. Where's the single, where's the promo, why isn't the official website updated? It's more like the official site on how not to run a  band's official site. Like Is aid in another thread in my opinion the earliest thisn album coudl come out is December 12th. And that's if shit gets rolling on Monday. Axl said "this year" I wonder if he was aware that it was the end of August when he said it. rofl
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2006, 12:31:56 PM »

beeing "old" is not a problem to sell records and be popular: U2 are older than Axl and the teenagers love them, Madonna is 48 years old and all the teenagers love her. She even represents the famous fashion-cloths Company "H&M". It's not about age. It's all about 2 things:
- Music
- Promotion/Marketing

oh wait... Bob Dylan is 67 years old... his new album is #1 on the Billboard Charts this week...

I gaurentee you it's not teenagers buying Bob Dylans album. It'd be the same if The Beatles or Elvis or Paul McCartney put out an album. thats' not hititng the young demographic. Lets' see how well Bob Dylan sustains this. It won't be a number one album for weeks on end like Green Day was. His core group of fasn will buy it and that'll be it. U2 and Madonna are different than Gn'R becasue they never went away. They've beena mainstay so there's the recognizable factor going for them. You're right it is about music and promotion(Bob Dylan was promoted on ipod maybe that helped) but are we really gonna see Axl or Gn'R management promote this album the way it should be? I doubt it. Axl doesn't even want to talk about it in interviews and in fact he looks annoyed when people ask him about it. Is Axl gonna do an ipod commercial? he should but he won't.

Bob dylan is fuckin awful man! he writes good songs that people cover better!
anyways on topic, it doesnt matter how old axl is, U2 is a good exam[ple, Vr is another.........

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: