Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:31:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175738 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2007, 12:11:13 PM »

Former BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler has responded to a report that HEAVEN AND HELL ? the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi and Butler, plus drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) ? will only be playing songs from the Dio era of BLACK SABBATH on its upcoming world tour.

In a message posted at the Black-Sabbath.com web site, Butler said, "Since the band is called HEAVEN AND HELL, then hopefully the set list will consist of entirely Ronnie James Dio-era songs, including the three new songs" written and recorded for the upcoming compilation album "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years".

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2007, 12:14:39 PM »

This year's Gods of Metal festival will take place in two separate installments at Idroscalo in Milan, Italy. The first part of the festival will be held on June 2-3 and will feature the following artists (with more to be confirmed):

June 2-3:

SCORPIONS
HEAVEN AND HELL
DREAM THEATER
BLIND GUARDIAN
DIMMU BORGIR

The second installment of Gods of Metal will take place June 30 and will feature OZZY OSBOURNE (headliner), MEGADETH and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, among others.

There will be eight bands performing each day (a total of 24 artists over the three days). Tickets go on sale January 26.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2007, 12:15:38 PM »

According to the web site of the Polish concert promoter Metal Mind Productions, HEAVEN AND HELL ? the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, plus drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) ? will perform two concerts in Poland in June ? June 19 at Warsaw's 6,000-capacity Torwar and June 20 at Katowice's 9,000-capacity Spodek. HEAVEN AND HELL's schedule is now shaping up as follows:

Mar. 11 - Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum
Mar. 13 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
Mar. 14 - Calgary, AB @ Saddledome
Mar. 16 - Regina, SK @ Brandt Centre
Mar. 18 - Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre
Mar. 20 - Sault St. Marie, ON @ Steelback Centre
Mar. 22 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
Mar. 24 - London, ON @ John Labatt Centre
Mar. 26 - Montreal, PQ @ Bell Centre
Mar. 27 - Quebec City, PQ @ Colisee Pepsi Arena
Mar. 28 - Ottawa, ON @ Civic Centre
Jun. 2-3 - Milan, ITA @ Gods of Metal
Jun. 6-9 - S?lvesborg, Sweden @ Sweden Rock Festival
Jun. 09 - Tampere, Finland @ Sauna Open Air Festival
Jun. 10 - Helsinki, Finland @ J??hallissa
Jun. 19 - Warszawa, Poland @ Torwar
Jun. 20 - Katowice, Poland @ Spodek Hall
Jun. 22-23 - Balingen, Germany @ Bang Your Head!!! Festival

An exclusive New York City show has also been scheduled but has yet to be announced. DOWN ? the acclaimed New Orleans band featuring CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan, drummer Jimmy Bower (EYEHATEGOD, SUPERJOINT RITUAL guitarist), bassist Rex Brown (ex-PANTERA), guitarist Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR), and vocalist Philip Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, ex-PANTERA) ? will be the opening act for at least 10 of the dates. Then HEAVEN AND HELL will likely play South America, Japan, Korea and Australia before returning to North America for a U.S. tour in August or September.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2007, 05:18:15 PM »

BLACK SABBATH/HEAVEN AND HELL guitarist Tony Iommi's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"The wait is very nearly over! The final pieces of the jigsaw are being put in place ahead of an official [HEAVEN AND HELL] tour announcement early next week with full details of all confirmed tour dates and support acts. However, for those keen to get a preview of what's happening, you can tune into Eddie Trunk's radio show 'Friday Night Rocks' which airs live from New York on Q104.3 tonight, Friday 19th January 2007, from 11pm to 2am (EST) for a special announcement. Listeners around the world can tune in live via the station's website www.q1043.com."

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2007, 11:55:10 PM »

According to a posting on the web site of New York City's Radio City Music Hall, HEAVEN AND HELL ? the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Iommi and Geezer Butler, plus drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) ? will perform at the venue on March 30. Tickets are expected to be priced between $54.00 and $74.00 and go on sale Friday, January 26 at 10:00 a.m.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2007, 10:48:19 AM »

HEAVEN AND HELL members Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) and Geezer Butler (BLACK SABBATH) were interviewed by radio personality/VH1 Classic VJ Eddie Trunk on his "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM last night (Friday, January 19). According to Joe Siegler of the BLACK SABBATH fan site Black-Sabbath.com, the following topics/points were covered on the show:

* The first U.S. gig for the HEAVEN AND HELL tour will be March 30 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. There will be no opening act for this show; it's just HEAVEN AND HELL. The band is expected to play an extra-long set at this concert. Tickets are priced between $54.00 and $74.00 and go on sale Friday, January 26 at 10:00 a.m.

* There will be other U.S. dates, but not before August. No further information is currently available on which cities they might hit.

* After the Canadian tour and the New York City date, HEAVEN AND HELL will play South America before heading over to Europe for the summer festival run. A full U.S. tour will take place in August, to be followed by U.K., Japan and Australia.

* Both Geezer and Ronnie said that it is pretty likely there will be no Ozzy-era tracks played during the HEAVEN AND HELL shows. The setlist will consist exclusively of material off the "Heaven And Hell", "Mob Rules" and "Dehumanizer" albums, plus the three new songs written and recorded for the upcoming compilation CD, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years".

* Tour rehearsals start roughly two weeks from now.

* "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" will be released April 3 through Rhino.

* All three newly recorded tracks ("Shadow of the Wind", "Devil Cries" and "Ear in the Wall") will be on the "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" album. It was previously reported that only two of the songs would make the final cut, but Geezer confirmed that all three will now be included on the collection.

* There are no keyboards on the newly recorded tracks.

* Keyboards on the HEAVEN AND HELL tour will be handled by Scott Warren from the DIO band.

* Geezer did not contribute to the songwriting for any of the three new songs, and neither did Bill Ward and Vinny Appice; these tracks were written by Tony and Ronnie. Side note: DIO bassist Rudy Sarzo said in a recent interview that two of the three new SABBATH tracks contain ideas Ronnie had put forth for the next DIO album, but which ended up being used for the SABBATH collection instead.

* According to Ronnie, this was never intended to be a full-fledged reunion when it started; it was only supposed to result in a couple of new tracks being written and recorded for the upcoming compilation. He did say, however, that the opportunity to dust off the old Dio-era SABBATH tracks in a live environment was too great to pass up. Finally, he said that history has shown they can't plan too far ahead for this, and that they do not intend at this point to carry on past the tour. However, he left open the possibility for further activity once they have fulfilled their touring obligations.

* Part of the reason this project is being called HEAVEN AND HELL and not BLACK SABBATH is that they all felt that the original SABBATH (with Ozzy Osbourne) has been "back together" for awhile now, and since they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with that lineup, they wanted to avoid any confusion and decided to call this something else instead.

* Ronnie said that after the HEAVEN AND HELL touring cycle is finished, he will go back into the studio with DIO to record "Magica II" and "III" and then tour "with a stage show worthy of the story."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2007, 02:03:24 AM »

According to postings on several venue web sites (including that of the John Labatt Centre in London, Ontario), MEGADETH and DOWN will be the support acts on HEAVEN AND HELL's previously announced Canadian tour. An official confirmation is expected this coming week. The dates are as follows:

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2007, 07:04:49 AM »

both heaven and hell and ozzy will come to sweden this summer, fuck yeah headbanger

gawd i hope my friends strict parent lets him go hihi
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2007, 10:24:49 AM »

OZZY OSBOURNE, HATEBREED, WOLFMOTHER and SABATON are among the confirmed artists for this year's Hultsfred festival, which is scheduled to take place June 14-16 in Hultsfred, Sweden. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

OZZY OSBOURNE [UK]
TIMBUKTU & DAMN!
THE ARK
WOLFMOTHER [AUS]
SVENSKA AKADEMIEN
HATEBREED [US]
JUSTICE [FRA]
SEBASTIAN [FRA]
CONVERGE [US]
SALEM AL FAKIR
JOY DENALANE [DE]
GOOSE [BE]
SABATON
ASHA ALI
NEVERSTORE
ROXY COTTONTAIL [US]
RUBIK [FIN]
THE DRONES [AUS]
OH NO ONO [DK]
FAMILJEN

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2007, 03:38:49 PM »

According to a posting on BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi's official web site, MEGADETH and DOWN have been officially confirmed as the support acts on HEAVEN AND HELL's previously announced Canadian tour. The trek will feature 11 Canadian shows, along with an exciting one-night-only performance at one of the most prestigious venues in the world, New York's Radio City Music Hall. HEAVEN AND HELL reunites Iommi with Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinny Appice (drums) for the first time in 15 years.

Currently there are 12 scheduled stops, starting on March 11 in Vancouver and ending on March 30 in New York City. The HEAVEN AND HELL world tour will continue until the end of the year with shows in the U.S., Asia and Europe. Additional dates will be announced shortly.

HEAVEN AND HELL North American tour dates:

Mar. 30 ? new York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall

Tickets go on sale on January 26-27.

gnrgnr06
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2007, 03:56:53 PM »

Im Definatly getting Tickets for the Winnipeg show ok peace
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »

jsut looedk up ticket prices....$59.50 each....for Blacksabbath, Megadeth and DOwn!!! that is amazing!!! beats the hell outta $85 seats for Gnr with strippers rant

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2007, 04:40:43 PM »

Nice. I hope prices stay the same for the east coast shows. I'll be there.. Can't wait for mother fucking Down.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2007, 06:06:08 PM »

H&H presale tomorrow:

http://heavenandhell.frontgatetickets.com/

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2007, 07:58:25 PM »

Former BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler has responded to a report that HEAVEN AND HELL ? the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi and Butler, plus drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) ? will only be playing songs from the Dio era of BLACK SABBATH on its upcoming world tour.

In a message posted at the Black-Sabbath.com web site, Butler said, "Since the band is called HEAVEN AND HELL, then hopefully the set list will consist of entirely Ronnie James Dio-era songs, including the three new songs" written and recorded for the upcoming compilation album "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years".

This is going to rock.  I saw that band Rainbow about 100 times when I was very young and sneaking in bars.  ok

Why don't you just....
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2007, 10:22:21 AM »

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message in the "Forums" section of the band's official web site:

"You [the MEGADETH fans] keep getting clever and I have to keep coming up with ways to keep you guessing. Like with the HEAVEN AND HELL tour. I said before we could officially confirm the tour, 'Any tour dates are either inaccurate or premature.' I wonder how many of you got the 'premature' part and knew we were going to do this?

"Anyway, here we go again! New record, new tour, new bruises to give and get! Ah, love is in the air!!!

"So, there are going to be some kewl surprises on this new leg, but we are only going to be playing 45 minutes. Hopefully that can be massaged into 60, but this is just our first time for this record through a beautiful country that half of MEGADETH hail from now, so once we are done demolishing our way through the HEAVEN AND HELL tour, we will be back to Canada for our own dates; if not this year, for sure by Gigantour 2008.

"I look forward to seeing Ronnie and Tony, and meeting Geezer and Vinny.

"Now the problem is, do we open with 'Blackmail The Universe' or 'Sleepwalker'? It sucks to have so many fun choices to bring to you, but you know I love it.

"Time to start the old routine again to get rid of the 'pecans and pralines' ice cream and work on the old airbags. And as you saw with the new VMNTs, this tour is going to be beyond sick with solos and guitar shredding.

"I know we are going to be playing at around 180 mph to cram as many songs in the 45 minutes, much like the now famous (or infamous, if you will) Download Festival.

"I look forward to being reunited with my bandmates and crew, as well as getting back on the road. This is going to be a very interesting tour. I can't wait!

"And lastly, I am going over to Germany for the equivalent of the NAMM show in Europe for my first time, and who knows, some of you may be in for a little MegaFanClub visit and hear some of the stuff in Germany with me, while having some grog!"

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2007, 01:02:34 PM »

I got 6 tix this morning for Heaven and Hell at RCMH  ok

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »

Im grabbing tix for London Ontario Tommorow at the JLC. It should be great+

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2007, 12:51:07 PM »

According to NME.com, OZZY OSBOURNE will play the following European dates during May/June:

May 27 - Moscow, Russia - Olympissky Stadium
May 29 - St. Petersburg, Russia - New Arena
May 31 - Riga - Arena Riga
Jun. 02 - Lithuania - Siemens Arena
Jun. 04 - Estonia - Saku Arena
Jun. 06 - Helsinki, Finland - Hartwell Arena
Jun. 08 - Norway - Lerkendal Stadium
Jun. 10 - Norway - Spektrum Arena
Jun. 13 - Copenhagen, Denmark - Forum
Jun. 15 - Sweden - Hultsfred Festival
Jun. 17 - Holland - Fields Of Rock Festival
Jun. 19 - London, UK - Wembley Arena
Jun. 22 - Spain - Monsters of Rock
Jun. 24 - Belgium - Graspop Metal Festival
Jun. 26 - Prague, Czech Republic - Saska Arena
Jun. 28 - Munich, Germany - Olymialle
Jun. 30 - Milan, Italy - Idropark Festival

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2007, 12:51:42 PM »

According to Live Nation, OZZY OSBOURNE has tapped BLACK LABEL SOCIETY ? the band fronted by longtime OSBOURNE guitarist Zakk Wylde ? to support him on his upcoming European tour, which is scheduled to kick off in Moscow on May 27.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: