Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:17:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175789 times)
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #340 on: November 13, 2008, 03:42:06 PM »

Did any of you see the new commerical for Samsung Mobile  that Ozzy is in???
It is so freaking funny.....There are many people who are asking Ozzy a question and he answers them but they don't understand what he's saying because of his thick accent. So Ozzy texts them........... rofl
Excuse me.

But just because someone has a Midlands accent does not mean they are thick.

The reason Ozzy is thick is because his brains are fried from years of drug use and alcohol abuse.
Guy......I wasn't implying a 'knock' on the Midland accent of Ozzy. Thats just the way his speech is delivered.......besides I don't think his thick accent has anything to do with drug use or alcohol abuse.......when Ozzy sings I can understand every word he's saying......... smoking
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #341 on: November 14, 2008, 12:06:48 AM »

It is so freaking funny.....There are many people who are asking Ozzy a question and he answers them but they don't understand what he's saying because of his thick accent. So Ozzy texts them........... rofl
Excuse me.

The reason Ozzy is thick is because his brains are fried from years of drug use and alcohol abuse.

Dude, i think he means strong accent not retarded. Settle Pettle.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #342 on: November 14, 2008, 07:43:47 AM »

Excuse me.

Dude, i think he means strong accent not retarded. Settle Pettle.

peace
People usually rip on the Midlands accent Wink

its an easy assumption to make.

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #343 on: December 03, 2008, 12:28:25 PM »

Happy 60th birthday to Ozzy! beer

Lots of rock singers are turning 60 these days....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #344 on: December 04, 2008, 07:45:17 AM »

Happy 60th birthday to Ozzy! beer

Lots of rock singers are turning 60 these days....

Yeah I think Alice Cooper turned 60 this year too.

Happy birthday Ozzy  ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #345 on: April 16, 2009, 03:16:11 PM »

From the working documentary of Randy Castillo, ex-drummer for Ozzy Osbourne (coming in 2010) with interviews with Nikki Sixx, Mike Inez and Slash etc.

Uncommon Passage -- interview clips 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1YGxAarIsQ

Uncommon Passage -- interview clips 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_YoQZDzpmU&feature=related

Uncommon Passage -- interview clips 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-R9GO0rKOU

http://www.uncommonpassage.com/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #346 on: May 29, 2009, 02:30:20 PM »

Lawyers representing Ozzy Osbourne have filed a lawsuit with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office against the heavy metal icon?s Black Sabbath bandmate, Tony Iommi, claiming the man responsible for some of the genre?s most memorable riffs illegally assumed sole ownership of the Black Sabbath name.

According to the New York Post, Osbourne?s suit seeks a 50 percent stake in the ?Black Sabbath? trademark. Furthermore, the filing claims Osbourne is entitled to a portion of the profits Iommi has generated through use of the band name, and suggests it was Osbourne?s ?signature lead vocals? that helped propel the band?s ?extraordinary success.? The suit also points out that Sabbath?s popularity took a nosedive during Ozzy?s absence during 1980 and 1996, when former Rainbow vocalist Ronnie James Dio took over behind the mike stand.

The suit follows one filed by Iommi in December 2008 against Live Nation. In that filing, Iommi claims the concert giant sold merchandise bearing the band?s logo, despite the 2006 expiration of a merchandising deal, reportedly worth nearly $80 million. Soon after that agreement concluded, Iommi reclaimed the band?s trademark.

Iommi?s suit argues Live Nation continued to sell more than 100 items of merchandise featuring the band?s likeness, name and logo, despite the receipt of cease-and-desist orders from the guitarist?s camp. Iommi?s suit seeks damages in the amount of three times the profits from the merchandise sales, plus a halt to the Black Sabbath product sales.

In a recent interview with Decibel magazine, both Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler said that working with Dio was actually much easier than working with Ozzy. ?Ronnie?s a songwriter in his own right ? he?s got tons of ideas,? Butler said. ?Whereas Ozzy ? in the old days, he?d come up with a vocal line and I?d write the lyrics. Ronnie is 100 percent involved in both the musical side and the vocal side, and he writes his own lyrics as well.?

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/05/29/ozzy-osbourne-suing-tony-iommi-for-black-sabbath-name/
deadflowerII
« Reply #347 on: May 30, 2009, 02:06:06 AM »

that sux...so much for ozzy and tony every jammin' again... crying...sharron would never let that happen.  Undecided
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2009, 11:02:18 AM »

OZZY OSBOURNE: 'The BLACK SABBATH Trademark Should Be Owned By The Four Of Us Equally' - May 29, 2009

Ozzy Osbourne has filed a lawsuit against his BLACK SABBATH bandmate Tony Iommi, claiming that Iommi illegally took sole ownership of the band's name in a filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Osbourne is suing Iommi for a 50 percent interest in the "Black Sabbath" trademark, along with a portion of Iommi's profits from use of the name.

The Manhattan federal court suit also charges that Osbourne's "signature lead vocals" are largely responsible for the band's "extraordinary success," noting that its popularity plummeted during his absence from 1980 through 1996.

In a statement released this afternoon (Friday, May 29), Ozzy says about his decision to sue Iommi, "It is with great regret that I had to resort to legal action against my long-term partner Tony Iommi, but after three years of trying to resolve this issue amicably, I feel I have no other recourse.

"As of the mid-1990s, after constant and numerous changes in band members, the brand of 'BLACK SABBATH' was literally in the toilet and Tony Iommi (touring under the name BLACK SABBATH) was reduced to performing in clubs. Since 1997, when Geezer [Butler, bass], Bill [Ward, drums] and myself rejoined the band, BLACK SABBATH has returned to its former glory as we headlined sold-out arenas and amphitheatres playing to upwards of 50,000 people at each show around the world. We worked collectively to restore credibility and bring dignity back to the name 'BLACK SABBATH,' which led to the band being inducted into the U.K. and U.S. Rock And Roll Hall of Fames in 2005 and 2006, respectively.

"Throughout the last 12 years, it was my management representatives who oversaw the marketing and quality control of the 'BLACK SABBATH' brand through Ozzfest, touring, merchandising and album reissues. The name 'BLACK SABBATH' now has a worldwide prestige and merchandising value that it would not have had by continuing on the road it was on prior to the 1997 reunion tour.

"Tony, I am so sorry it's had to get to this point by me having to take this action against you. I don't have the right to speak for Geezer and Bill, but I feel that morally and ethically the trademark should be owned by the four of us equally. I hope that by me taking this first step that it will ultimately end up that way. We've all worked too hard and long in our careers to allow you to sell merchandise that features all our faces, old BLACK SABBATH album covers and band logos, and then you tell us that you own the copyright.

"We're all in our 60s now. The BLACK SABBATH legacy should live on long after we have all gone.

"Please do the right thing."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=121016

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2009, 11:03:11 AM »

Ozzy Osbourne is in a new commercial...

Ozzy Osbourne - Samsung Alias 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f0Rkkp7cxQ

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #350 on: July 10, 2009, 01:35:56 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne has revealed to Classic Rock magazine that he is currently searching for a new guitarist for his solo band.

Classic Rock caught up with Osbourne last week at the Slash & Friends gig in Norway, where the whispers backstage had guitarist John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, ex-MARILYN MANSON) lined up as a possible replacement for Zakk Wylde?

"Well, I'm getting a new guitar player as we speak," Ozzy told Classic Rock, "and everyone has been saying to me for a long time, 'Get Johnny 5!' And I tried him at one time and I didn't really give him a chance. We'll see, I don't know. I haven't fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk's got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like BLACK LABEL SOCIETY. I just felt like I wanted a change, y'know?

"I've got a guy from Greece coming in ? not the musical, the country of Greece ? but I'm not going to say too much about it, 'cos I don't know myself at this point. I've got a new album, I'm working on it as we speak. I've got a studio at my house and I've got a guy called Kevin Churko, the guy that did the last album [Churko also worked on Ozzy's 'Under Cover' album, produced CHEAP TRICK's highly rated 2006 album 'Rockford', and has credits on releases by BRITNEY SPEARS, CELINE DION and SHANIA TWAIN] ? he's great to work with.

"And it's great to have your own studio. On one hand it's great and on the other it's not, 'cos when you're at the studio you can go, 'Sorry darling, I can't get home for dinner, I'm stuck at the studio?' But she can fucking come down stairs now! But I'm just enjoying my life now?"

Classic Rock: So you're taking it easy recording this album?

Ozzy: "Oh yeah. Zakk came down and did a bunch of stuff and I don't know if I want to use it but I've got it there if I do. And this Kevin Churko is a bit of an all-rounder so I'm getting back to basics in some respects. One thing about a guy who can't do all the finger-tapping stuff is that he plays better on the riffs 'cos it's not all [hums riff for 'Iron Man' followed by over-the-top widdling]."

Classic Rock: Does HEAVEN & HELL having a new album out make you more competitive?

Ozzy: "No. Not in the slightest. I really wish them well. I mean I've been out of that band three times longer than I was ever in them. But people say, 'What do you think about Dio?' He's great singer. I've grown up since the days when I used to get pissed and slag him off. For whatever it's worth, good luck to them. I don't want to make enemies ? I made enough when I was drinking, I try to make friends with people these days!"

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #351 on: July 10, 2009, 01:37:57 PM »

Zakk Wylde has commented on a brand new interview with Ozzy Osbourne in which the legendary BLACK SABBATH singer revealed that he is currently seeking a new guitarist for his solo band.

Classic Rock caught up with Osbourne last week at the Slash & Friends gig in Norway, where the whispers backstage had guitarist John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, ex-MARILYN MANSON) lined up as a possible replacement for Wylde.

Classic Rock caught up with Osbourne last week at the Slash & Friends gig in Norway, where the whispers backstage had guitarist John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, ex-MARILYN MANSON) lined up as a possible replacement for Zakk Wylde?

"Well, I'm getting a new guitar player as we speak," Ozzy told Classic Rock, "and everyone has been saying to me for a long time, 'Get Johnny 5!' And I tried him at one time and I didn't really give him a chance. We'll see, I don't know. I haven't fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk's got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like BLACK LABEL SOCIETY. I just felt like I wanted a change, y'know?

"I've got a guy from Greece coming in ? not the musical, the country of Greece ? but I'm not going to say too much about it, 'cos I don't know myself at this point.

"Zakk came down and [recorded] a bunch of stuff [for my new solo album] and I don't know if I want to use it but I've got it there if I do. And this Kevin Churko [producer] is a bit of an all-rounder so I'm getting back to basics in some respects. One thing about a guy who can't do all the finger-tapping stuff is that he plays better on the riffs 'cos it's not all [hums riff for 'Iron Man' followed by over-the-top widdling]."

Wylde, who originally joined Osbourne's band in 1987 as the replacement for Jake E. Lee, posted the following message earlier today (Friday, July 10) on his Twitter account, "I'm doing BlizzCon [convention in Anaheim, California] with [Ozzy] in August and supposed to finish up the [new Ozzy] CD in September?. This [Ozzy's comments to Classic Rockis news to me." He added, "I haven't heard anything about this. Until I talk to the Boss I don't know. I love Ozzy."

Wylde was replaced in Osbourne's band by Joe Holmes from 1995 until his return in 2001.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #352 on: July 30, 2009, 02:47:15 PM »

ZAKK WYLDE To OZZY: 'Man Up And Give Me A Phone Call And Tell Me What The Hell's Going On' - July 30, 2009

On Wednesday, July 29, Carl Sundberg from Eugene, Oregon's 101.5 KFLY radio station conducted a phone interview with Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE). When asked about his status in Ozzy's band and recent reports that Osbourne was auditioning other guitarists for his solo group, Zakk said, "I've gotta be honest with you. The boss [Ozzy] hasn't even given me a phone call, so I mean... I'm just like... I don't know what's going on over there. Are we doing this thing or are we not doing it? When I keep getting asked these questions, I go, 'Call the boss. When he tells you, then he can call me back.' I mean, it's just like... I love you, man. Whatever you want, that's cool. But if we're doing this, let's do it, and let's whoop some ass. But if you don't wanna do it, then just give me a heads-up. Call me, man. Tell me what the hell's going on. I don't know what the hell's going on over there. We're working on the new record, we'll be back in September, we'll work on finishing the record. And then we're supposed to do the tour. I mean, it's like, dude, you don't wanna play with me anymore? Fine. Play with whoever the hell you wanna play with. I couldn't give a rat's ass. Like I'm gonna get all jealous or whatever. But you know what?! Man up and give me a phone call and tell me what the hell's going on. You finished with me? Cool. I mean, it's just like... Everything's sounding like BLACK LABEL? [Referring to Ozzy's claim in a recent interview that his solo albums were beginning to sound like BLACK LABEL SOCIETY due to Wylde's involvement with both projects ? Ed.] I guess everything sounded like BLACK LABEL when I first started with you, when I was 19. It was still the same guy; I don't know what you're talking about."

Zakk's rambling response ? including a 30-second, expletive-filled rant directed at Ozzy (which wasn't transcribed above due to extensive bleeping) ? is available for download as an MP3 audio file at this location.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124461

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #353 on: July 30, 2009, 02:53:42 PM »

lol..

Zakk you have become EXTREMELY generic.

No Rest for the Wicked and No More Tears. sounded nothing Black Label.

They sounded of the time, and they both fucking rock.

BLS sounds the same almost per album, and Ozzys new stuff does sound very Black Label.

At the same time, Ozzy fucking retire if you are gonna let Sharon wear the pants all the time.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #354 on: July 30, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »

lol..

BLS sounds the same almost per album, and Ozzys new stuff does sound very Black Label.

At the same time, Ozzy fucking retire if you are gonna let Sharon wear the pants all the time.

agreed..but getting rid of Zakk is still not the answer.  How about they tell Zakk to shave the beard lose the viking helmet and try writing some songs that dont sound like Black Label?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #355 on: July 30, 2009, 03:34:06 PM »

lol..

agreed..but getting rid of Zakk is still not the answer.  How about they tell Zakk to shave the beard lose the viking helmet and try writing some songs that dont sound like Black Label?

Because Sharon wants to get some guy from America's Got Talent in the band.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #356 on: July 30, 2009, 03:36:02 PM »

?The rock is ready? for Wylde, band

Mon, July 27, 2009

Looking like Rob Zombie?s younger brother, Wylde, who often talks with a thick and garbled New Jersey/New York City accent, has carved himself out quite a career with both Osbourne (Wylde affectionately calls him ?Dad? and ?Pops?) and Black Label Society. Basically over the past three years he?s been touring with both acts. Most recently he?s been working with ?Mr. Tinkertrain? on his next studio effort.

?First of all, Dad has to put vocals on the thing,? Wylde said. ?So he?s gotta deal with that. The way we?ve always made the records is, my thing is the music department and then Dad can do whatever he wants when he sings. That?s the way it?s always been. So it?s like he?s got to knock that out, and the tour isn?t starting until June next year.

?So I was like, all right, we?ll start pumping out another Black Label Society album. It?s game on. Unlike these other bands, I don?t sit around for five years in between records. I just don?t do that.?

To be fair, it?s been three years since the last Black Label Society studio effort ?Shot To Hell.? While a concert DVD ?Skullage? came out earlier this year, Wylde said a new project is on his mind. And when it comes time to write a new CD, Wylde doesn?t make it sound like a convoluted affair.

?As soon as we get into the studio, you start knocking out,? Wylde said.

?I don?t sit around planning what?s going to happen. It?s like a box of crackerjacks. It?s like as soon as we get in there, the songs sound great, the drums sound great, and once you get bored on the heavy stuff, you sit down on the piano and write a song or break out the acoustics. And then it?s like, ?Cool, let?s get back to the heavy stuff.? You just can?t help but get inspired when you?re in the studio. That?s what it?s all about.

?We don?t do any rehearsals. I just go, ?Dude, here?s a song. Boom-bam, here?s a cool riff.? And there ya go. We have a song. And then I?ll say, ?Go watch ?Seinfeld? for a half an hour and I?ll come up with some lyrics.??

When asked what to expect at the inaugural ?The Pedal to the Metal Tour 2009,? Wylde keeps the ?Seinfeld? references coming, along with a little dose of ?Spinal Tap?-hi-jinx for good measure.

?It?s a family gathering,? Wylde said. ?It?s a festivus miracle with the Youngstown chapter of the Black Label Society. We?re going to bring the sex-itude, we?re going to bring the rock. We?ve been caressing the rock, and the rock is ready.?

http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/jul/27/8216the-rock-is-ready8217-for-wylde-band/?newswatch

Chief
Legend

« Reply #357 on: September 14, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »

an awesome old sabbath clip -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT7GgXrPzSI&feature=player_embedded#t=313

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #358 on: October 01, 2009, 05:38:17 PM »

Ozzy regrets Osbournes TV series

Osbourne has sold more than 100 million albums with Black Sabbath

Ozzy Osbourne says his family's MTV reality show was an "experiment that went wildly out of control".

The Osbournes, which ran from 2002 to 2005, showed the often chaotic domestic life of the star, his wife Sharon and children Jack and Kelly.

It introduced the Black Sabbath singer to a new crop of fans, who were hooked by his bumbling ineptitude at everyday tasks like working a TV remote.

But the star told BBC Radio 4's Front Row the attention was "really creepy".

"It was as if I went to bed in one world and woke up in a completely different world," the 60-year-old said.

"We went down to this market in Beverley Hills where you can just walk around artwork and statues and dolls and all this stuff and I got this really creepy feeling.

"I look around. People aren't looking, but I could feel eyes on me.

"I thought I was getting paranoid or something."

The star, who is promoting his autobiography I Am Ozzy, said he was not keen to repeat the experience - even though his wife has forged a career as a TV personality on shows like the X Factor and America's Got Talent.

"I don't really want to do TV. I don't like doing TV much. Sharon loves it."

Listen to the full interview on Front Row on Thursday, 1 October 2009, at 1915 BST on BBC Radio 4

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8285800.stm

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #359 on: October 01, 2009, 09:50:20 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne interview:

Interview on BBC Radio 1?s Chris Moyles Show posted. Skip ahead to 2hrs 22min in for the int. http://bit.ly/s3yMF

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: