Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:44:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175739 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #400 on: May 30, 2010, 01:01:33 PM »

Rocker Ozzy Ozbourne loves Lady Gaga's over-the-top style

May 30 2010

Ozzy said: "The 90s were so boring because you didn't know who was in the band and who was the road crew.

"They were all wearing the same clothes with the same hair. They can take the p*** out of us bands back in the 80s but at least you knew who the stars were.

"We had a bit of a thing about us, a sense of something. We made an effort in the big hair days.

"At least we tried to look a bit special and made an effort.

"That's what we are - we are dreamweavers and should look the part."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/music-news/2010/05/30/rocker-ozzy-ozbourne-loves-lady-gaga-s-over-the-top-style-86908-22296923/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #401 on: June 07, 2010, 11:11:37 AM »

New Osbourne Tracks Arriving Early Via 'Rock Band'

Ozzy's 'Rock Band' debut features six-pack of songs due June 15th

un 07, 2010 8:20 AM EDT
Ozzy Osbourne fans will get a chance to preview three tracks from his latest album Scream one week before the disc's June 22nd release thanks to a new platform for the Prince of Darkness: Rock Band. On June 15th a six-pack of solo-career-spanning songs will hit the Rock Band store. "I hope Rock Band players around the world are ready to have their living rooms invaded by me!" Osbourne says in a statement. While Rock Band challenges gamers' mastery of instruments, the Ozzy pack will surely test the vocal chords of amateur singers everywhere.

The pack includes Scream's lead-off single "Let Me Hear You Scream" (check out a preview of the song's video here), "Soul Sucker" and "Diggin' Me Down." Ozzy's hit "No More Tears," No Rest for the Wicked's "Crazy Babies" and Black Rain's "I Don't Wanna Stop" round out the set, which will be available as downloadable content for PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360. The June 15th track pack marks Ozzy's Rock Band debut; he'd previously made seven appearances on Guitar Hero games.

Check out video game avatars of real-life rock stars, from Kurt Cobain to Metallica.

Ozzy recently visited Rolling Stone to talk about Scream, the passing of Ronnie James Dio and the possibility of a Black Sabbath reunion ("I never say never"). Osbourne also previewed his massive trek in support of Scream ? which includes six Ozzfest dates with M?tley Cr?e and Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford ? revealing he wants to add some older gems to his set lists. "I have such a body of work to pick from now I want to try some different songs other than 'Iron Man' and 'War Pigs,' " Ozzy told RS. "I'll always have to do 'Paranoid' because that's my anthem. I wouldn't mind doing 'Fairies Wear Boots' or something different just to see how it goes."

Ozzy Osbourne DLC Pack 01
"Crazy Babies"
"Diggin' Me Down"
"I Don't Wanna Stop"
"Let Me Hear You Scream"
"No More Tears"
"Soul Sucker"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/109857

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #402 on: June 08, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »

Ozzy's new music is auto tuned Rob Zombie b sides. This guy needs to go away.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #403 on: June 14, 2010, 02:46:54 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne wants unsigned act

(UKPA) ? 1 hour ago

Ozzy Osbourne is searching for an unsigned band to open for him at the iTunes festival.

The Prince Of Darkness has teamed up with MySpace to give one up-and-coming act the rock opportunity of a lifetime, supporting him at London's Roundhouse on July 3 as he returns with his superb new album Scream, out on June 21.

Ozzy said: "Throughout my career I've felt this obligation to give up-and-coming bands a leg up in the music business. I've taken out bands from Motley Crue to Metallica to System Of A Down and Slipknot on their first big tours. I'm looking to give a new band a huge f**"ing break by having them open the show."

Copyright ? 2010 The Press Association

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #404 on: June 14, 2010, 07:54:49 PM »

Hear Ozzy Osbourne's New "Life Won't Wait" Now

Preview the hard-charging track off June 22nd's Scream

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player.php?xmlData=ozzyosbourne/oo_scream_data.xml

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2010, 01:56:05 AM »

The entire album, is available for streaming here:

Ozzy Osbourne "Scream"

http://www.myspace.com/ozzyosbourne

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #406 on: June 16, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »

Ozzy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last night:

"Let Me Hear You Scream"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaC3b8XIPPg

"Shot In The Dark"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_8Tze7tgo

Interview 1 & 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRCVMciEyTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoFHOMF6hpM

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #407 on: June 18, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »

Ozzy Talks OZZFest, 'Scream' Tour, Biopic

by Gary Graff  |   June 18, 2010 11:04 EDT

Ozzy Osbourne is looking forward to the return of OZZFest for six dates this summer. But he won't hazard a guess about the long-term future of the headbanging package, which took 2009 off after holding just one show during 2008 in Dallas.

"We're bringing it back, and...if it takes off again, fine. If it doesn't, that's also fine because it's been great for us," Osbourne tells Billboard.com. "I'm really happy we've been able to launch new bands into the arena; a good few many bands got success from the OZZFest. But since we didn't do it, there have been a few other festivals pop up," referring to the three-year-old Mayhem Festival and this year's upstart Uproar tour. And, Osbourne adds, "There's not that much dough around. People don't have that much dough 'cause of the recession. But we'll see what happens. You never know. It could go, and it could not."

Osbourne is, however, pleased that M?tley Cr?e will be part of OZZFest, which kicks off Aug. 14 in Devore, Calif., and reunites the two acts who last toured, memorably -- and debauchedly -- in 1984. "They're good old friends of mine," Osbourne says. "The 1984 tour...was the most fucking crazy tour I ever did in my life. I can't remember it, but I remember I used to wake up every morning or come around and think, 'What the fuck went on last night?' And as the day went on I got informed about what the craziness was. Everyone keeps asking me, 'Hey Ozzy, did you really snort a line of ants?' Y'know what? The answer is that I don't fucking know -- but it's very possible.

"But I can tell you right now I don't think (OZZFest) will be a rerun of the 84 tour, 'cause we've all matured a bit."

Osbourne is also looking at an 18-month world tour to promote his new album, "Scream," which comes out on June 22. Meanwhile, he's also focusing on literary pursuits; after the best-selling success of his autobiography, "I Am Ozzy," earlier this year, Osbourne says ghost writer Chris Ayres told the singer he has enough material for a second book. A movie adaptation of "I Am Ozzy" is also in the works, and Osbourne says he hopes "an unknown guy from England" will get the role over an established actor.

Meanwhile, his son Jack is working on a documentary about Osbourne's life and career. "He's just in the process of editing," Osbourne reports. "He won't let me see anything yet, but he's got some very interesting people he's interviewed. The only thing I said to him was, 'Jack, don't be all nice. Put some people who don't particularly care for me in there.' I'm not afraid of that. I haven't been mister fucking wonderful all the time. I've done some pretty fucking stupid things in my life -- probably will continue to do stupid things. That's what life's about."

On top of all this, Osbourne is raising eyebrows with a new weekly "Dr. Ozzy" health column for the Britain's Sunday Times -- which seems a stretch for someone who freely acknowledges "I'm lucky I'm not six feet under, pushing up daisies with all I've done to myself."

"It's not serious," Osbourne says of the endeavor. "I mean, I'm the last fucking person to ask for help. I"m not a fucking doctor. I don't know what I'm talking about most of the time...But a lot of what I talk about is basically common sense. I know when you're in that hole you want somebody to help you out of it, and it's very hard for a lot of people to ask for help. So if they fee like they can ask me and I can give somebody some sensible information, maybe I can help, you know?"

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/ozzy-talks-ozzfest-scream-tour-biopic-1004099119.story?tag=hpfeed

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #408 on: June 18, 2010, 03:55:37 PM »

Another interview with Ozzy:

Ozzy Osbourne chats about his new album 'Scream', getting sober and why Lady Gaga is so great!.
June 18, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA-gHVfyJvo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #409 on: June 19, 2010, 03:05:39 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne Discusses 'Scream' and Sabbath

Posted on Jun 18th 2010

http://www.spinner.com/2010/06/18/spinner-interview-ozzy-osbourne-discusses-scream-and-sabbath/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #410 on: June 20, 2010, 05:29:23 PM »

Here is some studio footage of Ozzy and a four part interview with Ozzy & Sharon on Fox News' "On The Record With Greta Van Susteren":

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/#/v/4247111/uncut-ozzy-screams-in-the-studio/?playlist_id=86925

And the studio footage and four part interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FoxNewsChannel#p/u

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:23:14 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #411 on: June 20, 2010, 06:04:32 PM »

The album is amazing! The first 3 songs are awesome! Best thing i heard from Ozzy since Down to Earth!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #412 on: June 21, 2010, 03:27:31 PM »

A couple of things on Ozzy:

AssociatedPress ? June 21, 2010 ? Legendary rocker Ozzy Osbourne talks about his new album 'Scream,' and how he feels that reality show 'The Osbournes' was 'kind of an experiment that went crazy.' (June 21)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcBriuQxxr4

OSBOURNE GIVES SHARON PERMISSION TO 'PULL THE PLUG'

http://www.pr-inside.com/osbourne-gives-sharon-permission-to-r1960334.htm

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #413 on: June 22, 2010, 02:01:47 PM »

OZZY OSBOURNE: 'Let Me Hear You Scream' Video Released - June 22, 2010

"Let Me Hear You Scream", the new video from OZZY OSBOURNE, can be viewed below. The clip was filmed last month with renowned Swedish director Jonas ?kerlund, who has previously worked with METALLICA, SATYRICON, RAMMSTEIN, MADONNA and THE PRODIGY, among others.

Watch here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141954

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #414 on: June 22, 2010, 02:58:35 PM »

This is video of Ozzy performing "Let Me Hear You Scream" on Lopez Tonight and an interview with Sharon.

Sharon Osbourne was on Lopez Tonight on the 21st June 2010. She spoke about her 28yrs of marriage to rock legend Ozzy Osbourne, her husbands health Column in the London TImes, America's Got Talent, illnesses and Chat Roulette

"Let Me Hear You Scream"

Here: http://www.tbs.com/video/index.jsp?cid=186029#

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:12:14 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #415 on: June 24, 2010, 02:00:33 PM »

Ozzy "Scream" TV commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOacDEAx1g4

A couple of signings in London and Birmingham:

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=1080

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #416 on: June 24, 2010, 09:15:02 PM »

From Billboard:

The Prince of Darkness is king of the Mainstream Rock chart. Ozzy Osbourne notches his second No. 1 in a 30-song discography on the list that dates to 1981, as "Let Me Hear You Scream" charges 2-1. Osbourne first led with "I Don't Wanna Stop" for five frames beginning this week in 2007

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #417 on: June 25, 2010, 06:51:39 PM »

Nothing really groundbreaking, but Scream isn't a bad album. Diggin' Me Down, Time and especially Let It Die stuck out to me on the first listen. Ozzy sounds good throughout it. Parts of his performance on Diggin' Me Down made me think of Sabbath's Sabotage....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #418 on: July 06, 2010, 03:55:38 PM »

The Prince of Darkness Is a 'Scream'

AssociatedPress | July 06, 2010

Rock legend Ozzy Osbourne talks about his new album 'Scream,' writing songs and how he keeps it real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtQv11_E35w

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #419 on: July 11, 2010, 10:33:37 AM »

TONY IOMMI On The Future Of HEAVEN & HELL And BLACK SABBATH - July 11, 2010
Paul Cole of the Sunday Mercury recently conducted an interview with the legendary BLACK SABBATH/HEAVEN & HELL guitarist Tony Iommi. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

On late HEAVEN & HELL/BLACK SABBATH singer Ronnie James Dio:

"I first met Ronnie at a party in Los Angeles, and we got on well. I liked him straight away because he wasn't flash like many of the people in this business. He was a nice guy, very down to earth.

"So when things weren't working out with Ozzy (the rock wildman was sacked in 1979 after becoming increasingly unreliable) I called Ronnie and invited him over for a rehearsal. He'd just left RAINBOW, and was free.

"Call it fate if you like. He was really good. I played a couple of guitar riffs I'd been working on, and he just sang away. By the time we'd finished, I knew he was the new BLACK SABBATH singer.

"We hit the road on a long tour, and it was always going to be difficult for Ronnie to step into Ozzy's [Osbourne] shoes. At first the crowds were chanting: 'Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy!' but Ronnie was a blindingly good singer and worked the crowds well.

"Within a few dates, he'd been accepted. We played the U.S., Europe, Australia and Japan and it got better with every gig.

"Ronnie had the common touch. He preferred a good pint of real ale to bourbon or champagne, and he'd spend hours after the gigs just chatting with the fans, posing for pictures and signing autographs.

"When he came to rehearse at my house in the Midlands, he'd stay at a posh hotel but was always slipping out to find some spit and sawdust pub and sit at the bar, talking with the regulars.

"Had Ronnie not come along when he did, I think BLACK SABBATH would have ended there and then.

"But he had such a unique voice, and was so utterly professional, that he gave us good reason to carry on. He gave us something new."

On Ronnie's death:

"The first inkling we had that anything was wrong came when Ronnie complained about stomach ache. At first we all just thought that he had an acid tummy. You never expect the worst.

"Ronnie took painkillers but nothing seemed to shift it. Just before we went onstage one night, I said to him: ?You want to go and get that checked, you know.' He said that he would when he got time.

"On some nights he was in agony onstage but he'd just carry on. Sometimes he was on his last legs, but he insisted on completing each and every show of the tour. For Ronnie, the show must go on.

"After the tour we had to take a break. I have problems with my left hand, and I went in to have stem cell treatment to see if it would ease the pain.

"Ronnie was going to go off and do a short solo tour during the break but decided to go and see his doctor. He was referred to hospital for tests and they found the cancer. He had a tumor in his stomach."

"I couldn't believe it. I still can't believe it. I was talking with Ronnie right up to the week before he passed away, and he was optimistic. He told me the chemotherapy seemed to be working.

"The tumor had been shrinking and they gave him the go-ahead to come back out on the road.

"Our summer tour got the green light and we were constantly on the phone, talking about what songs we'd do.

"Ronnie was really excited. We were going to try out some new songs; the band was really tight; we were on fire. He was so looking forward to the European tour. It was going to be a new lease of life.

"But early in May they found that the cancer had spread to Ronnie's liver, and things went downhill pretty quickly. We cancelled all the tour dates, still hoping against hope that he'd pull through. He was a fighter.

"It wasn't to be. Geezer Butler (bass player with HEAVEN & HELL and BLACK SABBATH) spent a lot of time in hospital, sitting by Ronnie's bedside. He went through it all with him, and he was there right to the end.

"I'd had to come back to Britain but I kept in touch by phone and by e-mail. Then I got the call I'd been dreading. Geezer told me that he didn't think Ronnie had long left to live. I tried to get the first flight out there but I was too late.

"I wasn't quick enough to say farewell. He died on May 16. In the end, I flew out for the funeral on May 30. We were all devastated by his passing. He was one of a kind, and can never be replaced."

On the upcoming July 24 tribute concert at the High Voltage festival in London's Victoria Park:

"This will be the very last gig we play as HEAVEN & HELL. We chose the name because the band comprised the BLACK SABBATH lineup that made the 'Heaven And Hell' album. We couldn't carry on under that name without Ronnie. It just wouldn't be right, and none of us has the desire to do that. We wouldn't call ourselves BLACK SABBATH either."

On being joined at the upcoming tribute concert by singer Glenn Hughes and Norwegian frontman Jorn Lande:

"Glenn sang at Ronnie's funeral, doing a great version of 'Catch The Rainbow'. Jorn is best known in the U.K. as the singer for MASTERPLAN.

"He sounds spookily like Ronnie. We had thought about bringing him in on the summer tour as a back-up. If Ronnie had felt too weak or too tired, we'd get Jorn to deputize. But, of course, it was never to be."

On what's next for Tony Iommi:

"We'd like to do something, and carry on playing. But in what form ? and with what singer ? I don't know.

"Geezer is back in Britain this week so we can rehearse for the tribute. Maybe then we'll have time to see what the future holds."

On whether a full-blown BLACK SABBATH reunion on the cards:

"I spoke to Ozzy while I was in Los Angeles after Ronnie's funeral, and he said he'd give me a call when he got to England on his own tour. But I've not had that telephone call yet.

"Ozzy and I have a complicated relationship but we've always kept in touch, no matter what else might have been going on. Would I play with Ozzy again? Who knows? It's weird with me and Ozzy.

"There can be all sorts of shit going on but when we talk, it's like nothing bad has ever happened. Once the tribute is done, we can all sit down and decide what it is exactly that we'd like to do."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142821&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29&utm_content=Twitter
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: