Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:02:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175770 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2006, 04:44:29 AM »

Liked him in Sabbath, but that's about it.  As for the last few years on MTV associating himself with that stream of bile...

...sell out!

wtf, the only thing id say he did which i would associate with a sell out is the butter adverts. Thats about it, no one had done reality TV shows back when he did it, it wasnt selling out it was doing something different, it made him alot of money and gave him alot more fame, who can blame him. People stopped with all the "he worships the devil" shit because of that TV series.

html sucks
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2006, 11:11:06 AM »

what's your 5 favourite ozzy songs or black sabbath with ozzy on vocals?

Black Sabbath - War Pigs; Paranoid; Iron Man; Fairies Wear Boots; Sweet Leaf

Ozzy - Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley, Mama I'm Comin' Home, No More Tears, I Just Want You

it was tough to get to those lists though Wink

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2006, 03:52:12 PM »

Madrid, Spain-based webzine Rafabasa is reporting that former BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi, Ronnie James Dio, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward will rejoin forces once again under the HEAVEN & HELL banner for a number of festival appearances next summer.

According to Rafabasa, the four members cannot tour under the name BLACK SABBATH or "BLACK SABBATH with Ronnie James Dio" due to legal reasons.

No tour dates have yet been confirmed, but the band's booking agent is allegedly offering the group to the promoters of the most important heavy metal festivals that are set to take place next year.

If the report is to be believed, HEAVEN & HELL will play a set consisting of selections from every single SABBATH CD that Ronnie James Dio appeared on: "Heaven & Hell", "Mob Rules" and "Dehumanizer".

In an August 16, 2006 appearance on the syndicated radio show "Rockline", Dio had the following to say about the possibility of further collaborations with BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi:

"We've already written one [new] song together. The reason for that is that there's a release coming out, it's called 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years' ? they've already done one, of course, 'Black Sabbath: The Ozzy Years'; that was the beginning and, really, the best part of it all ? but they've decided to do one, again, 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years', and we wanted to make it a little but more special, not just give you things you've not heard from a live perspective. These are two things you'll never hear again ? two new songs. We are going to do that. It's been fun already. The one we've done ? the one that I've done with Tony has been really wonderful ? just great to realize how magnificent a player he was. You forget that after 10 years at a time that you don't work with someone. So we are gonna be doing that. And I hope you'll like it. I think it'll be great."

On the rumors of him possibly rejoining BLACK SABBATH, Dio said, "There's always rumors about everything ? about a RAINBOW reunion, about a BLACK SABBATH reunion. Our purpose was to do this because we wanted to have this product be a bit more special than anything else ? not just, 'Here's a live track you've never heard before.' I mean, that's cool, but I'm sure people have heard that. We wanted to do something a bit more special, so the whole band would write and play these songs, and? They've wanted to hear them long enough, so here they are. But it's not anything that we've talked about leading to anything other than that. No, it's for that project."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2006, 02:35:56 AM »

Madrid, Spain-based webzine Rafabasa is reporting that former BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi, Ronnie James Dio, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward will rejoin forces once again under the HEAVEN & HELL banner for a number of festival appearances next summer.

According to Rafabasa, the four members cannot tour under the name BLACK SABBATH or "BLACK SABBATH with Ronnie James Dio" due to legal reasons.

No tour dates have yet been confirmed, but the band's booking agent is allegedly offering the group to the promoters of the most important heavy metal festivals that are set to take place next year.

If the report is to be believed, HEAVEN & HELL will play a set consisting of selections from every single SABBATH CD that Ronnie James Dio appeared on: "Heaven & Hell", "Mob Rules" and "Dehumanizer".

In an August 16, 2006 appearance on the syndicated radio show "Rockline", Dio had the following to say about the possibility of further collaborations with BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi:

"We've already written one [new] song together. The reason for that is that there's a release coming out, it's called 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years' ? they've already done one, of course, 'Black Sabbath: The Ozzy Years'; that was the beginning and, really, the best part of it all ? but they've decided to do one, again, 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years', and we wanted to make it a little but more special, not just give you things you've not heard from a live perspective. These are two things you'll never hear again ? two new songs. We are going to do that. It's been fun already. The one we've done ? the one that I've done with Tony has been really wonderful ? just great to realize how magnificent a player he was. You forget that after 10 years at a time that you don't work with someone. So we are gonna be doing that. And I hope you'll like it. I think it'll be great."

On the rumors of him possibly rejoining BLACK SABBATH, Dio said, "There's always rumors about everything ? about a RAINBOW reunion, about a BLACK SABBATH reunion. Our purpose was to do this because we wanted to have this product be a bit more special than anything else ? not just, 'Here's a live track you've never heard before.' I mean, that's cool, but I'm sure people have heard that. We wanted to do something a bit more special, so the whole band would write and play these songs, and? They've wanted to hear them long enough, so here they are. But it's not anything that we've talked about leading to anything other than that. No, it's for that project."

Well, the are not touring with Ozz ,but if they tour with DIo, I'll be there anyway!  ok

If the world would end today... Wink
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2006, 10:13:06 PM »

In a recent interview with Mel Bradman of the U.K.'s Times Online, BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi, 58, recalled the outrageous practical jokes he has played on his bandmates, and their often near-fatal consequences:

"I'd been a prankster from school days, and it carried on into the band. Bill Ward, our drummer, took the brunt of the jokes. If I didn't play him up he'd say: 'Are you okay? You haven't done anything to me today.' He loved it, though maybe not everything we did to him.

"In 1973 we went to record an album in Beverly Hills. We rented John DuPont's house [heir to the DuPont chemicals fortune]. It was a lovely place ? ballroom and everything. We went rummaging around and found this gold spray paint in the garage. I thought: 'We'll get Bill with that.' We waited until he'd had a few drinks and was out of it, took all his clothes off, then sprayed him gold from head to toe. Then we found this tin of lacquer and lacquered him. He was violently ill when he came round.

"So we phoned an ambulance. You can imagine what they thought when they arrived ? seeing this bloke lying there, naked and sprayed gold. They asked us if we realised what we'd done, and said we could have killed him by blocking up all his pores. They were really pissed off. They gave him a shot of something to sort him out and told us to clean him up. So we went back in the garage and found some paint stripper. His skin went this horrible red, really sore. We laughed about it the next day, but God, it wasn't funny on the night.

"Bill and I used to have this party piece where I'd set him on fire. I'd pour alcohol on him ? the studio alcohol we used to clean marks off the machines. I'd pour it on his hands, light it, flames would appear, and it would burn off. The effect was completely superficial ? no damage done. One day I wanted to do this trick for our producer. I said to Bill: 'Can I set fire to you?' 'Not just yet,' he said, 'I'm busy.' A couple of hours later he said: 'I'm going home now, Tone. Do you want to set fire to me or what?' I got the alcohol, poured it over him, and as I lit him he went whoomph. All his hair, his beard, everything went up in flames. He dived on the floor. I thought he was laughing, but he was screaming ? and I was still pouring this stuff over him. He got third-degree burns. His mum phoned me and said: 'You barmy bastard! It's time you grew up. Our Bill might have to have his leg off.' I felt bad.

"Because I used to be the only one who could drive, it was up to me to take the band to and from gigs. But driving them home got boring, because everyone would fall asleep. One night I found this road in Birmingham that looked identical to the one Ozzy lived on. I decided to drop him off there. I watched him as he got out of van, half asleep, and tried to get into someone else's house at 4 in the morning. Then I drove off. Ozzy lived about a mile away. I did the same thing for a few nights before he finally said something. So I left it for a month, then he'd fall for it again.

"On a flight once Bill's language was particularly colourful. The woman sitting in front of him turned round and said: 'Wash your mouth out with soap.' So he went into the toilet, chewed this bar of soap, and came back foaming at the mouth. 'Is that all right?' he asked her. Another time, driving across the desert in the States, we came across a wooden shack that had 'Fireworks' written on the door. Ozzy went in and bought all the fireworks in the shop. That night, after we'd all gone to bed in our hotel ? it was newly refurbished ? I woke to see smoke coming under my door. I looked through the peephole and saw Ozzy at the end of the corridor, letting off rockets. He caused so much damage. The police came, but he didn't stop. He was totally out of it, still shooting the rockets. The sprinklers came on and all the guests ran down to the lobby in their pyjamas, thinking there was a fire. The police arrested Ozzy. They told me if we wanted him out, I'd have to go to the station and bail him out. I told them to keep him for the night. I wanted to get some sleep.

"I've known Ozzy since I was 11, from school, and he hasn't changed. He still calls me at the most peculiar times ? at 3 in the morning when I'm asleep ? and leaves silly messages. A lot of people ask me what it's like seeing him in his TV show, and I tell them that now they can see what I've had to put up with for 40 years.

"But you've got to have fun as a band. If you don't, you'll explode. You need some kind of release. A lot of the things that went on were day-to-day occurrences ? another day, another joke. This is just a taster of what went on. But this band is like a brotherhood. We have our ups and downs, but we try to make whatever we do enjoyable. We're lucky, at our age, to still be able to do this. It's fantastic. Especially since we've stopped drinking and can do it all without falling over."

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2006, 10:52:04 PM »

OZZY is the shit....he is fuckin nut...the Ozzy family are nuts,and he is the King Nut.? rofl

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2006, 03:39:01 PM »

It's Official: DIO, IOMMI, BUTLER And WARD To Reunite As HEAVEN AND HELL

A representative for BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has confirmed that the highly anticipated and much-rumored reunion of Iommi, Ronnie James Dio, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward appears to be shaping up and taking a new form. After various promoters have approached the former SABBATH bandmates' respective representatives, the guys have started taking all of this very seriously, as they have aparently wanted to reunite for some time now. It looks as if the new shape may be that of HEAVEN AND HELL — that is the moniker that the band is likely to use on their new venture. If all goes well, HEAVEN AND HELL should be hitting the road in early 2007.

"We've already written one [new] song together. The reason for that is that there's a release coming out, it's called 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years' — they've already done one, of course, 'Black Sabbath: The Ozzy Years'; that was the beginning and, really, the best part of it all — but they've decided to do one, again, 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years', and we wanted to make it a little but more special, not just give you things you've not heard from a live perspective. These are two things you'll never hear again — two new songs. We are going to do that. It's been fun already. The one we've done — the one that I've done with Tony has been really wonderful — just great to realize how magnificent a player he was. You forget that after 10 years at a time that you don't work with someone. So we are gonna be doing that. And I hope you'll like it. I think it'll be great."

On the rumors of him possibly rejoining BLACK SABBATH, Dio said, "There's always rumors about everything — about a RAINBOW reunion, about a BLACK SABBATH reunion. Our purpose was to do this because we wanted to have this product be a bit more special than anything else — not just, 'Here's a live track you've never heard before.' I mean, that's cool, but I'm sure people have heard that. We wanted to do something a bit more special, so the whole band would write and play these songs, and… They've wanted to hear them long enough, so here they are. But it's not anything that we've talked about leading to anything other than that. No, it's for that project."

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2006, 04:58:03 PM »

A representative for Ozzy Osbourne has issued the following statement regarding the reports that BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward are planning on teaming up with ex-SABBATH singer Ronnie James Dio for a tour under the HEAVEN AND HELL moniker:

"Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio are working on a project together which has nothing to do with BLACK SABBATH. There is only one BLACK SABBATH. Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill will be touring late next year along with a new BLACK SABBATH album. However, Ozzy wishes Tony and Ronnie much success in their project together."

Ronnie James Dio recently spent time in the U.K. "kicking around ideas" with Tony Iommi for a couple of new tracks to be included on SABBATH's forthcoming box set, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years". "These are two things you'll never hear again ? two new songs," Ronnie said in an August 16, 2006 appearance on the syndicated radio show "Rockline". "We are going to do that. It's been fun already. The one we've done ? the one that I've done with Tony has been really wonderful ? just great to realize how magnificent a player he was. You forget that after 10 years at a time that you don't work with someone. So we are gonna be doing that. And I hope you'll like it. I think it'll be great."

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2006, 02:17:00 AM »

good, let the boys go do a short tour with dio before returning as black sabbath with ozzy

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2006, 11:01:37 PM »

According to Ozzyhead.com, Sharon Osbourne was interviewed yesterday (Oct. 26) by Opie and Anthony on their syndicated radio show. While discussing the annual Ozzfest travelling festival, Sharon confirmed that Ozzy will be performing on the event's second stage again next year. She also said that they are trying to get ALICE IN CHAINS on the bill. Osbourne also made a quick reference to a possible 40th anniversary tour for BLACK SABBATH in 2008.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2006, 12:05:05 AM »

I love the riff on TV now from Iron man, it reminds me of my teenage years and how BS defined heavy metal. But it also is sad that heavy metal went commercial. I am 100% sure that if the band had been asked in 1970 if they wanted their song used in commercials the answer would have been a resounding: FUCK YOU.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2006, 12:23:05 PM »

Look up "A National Acrobat" - obscure, but Killer song.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2006, 02:18:23 PM »

i'm looking forward to the HEAVEN AND HELL tour, because a Dio/Sabbath show is not something a person gets to see often.  An Ozzy/Sabbath tour would be cool too, but they've already toured everywhere a lot together, when was the last time Dio/Sabbath played?
axlslasher
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2006, 09:24:22 PM »

National Acrobat and Killing Yourself To Live
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2006, 02:07:40 AM »

Ozzy Osbourne told Greta Van Susteren of FOX News that he he hopes to complete his new solo album in 10 days or so. Apparently he has been working nonstop on it and is anxious to finish it, according to Van Susteren.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2006, 11:14:57 PM »

According to a posting on Spain's MariskalRock.com web site, Ronnie James Dio revealed during an appearance at the Classic Rock Roll of Honour event in London Monday night (Nov. 6) that HEAVEN AND HELL ? the new band featuring Dio alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward ? will headline next year's Download festival, set to take place in June 2007 at Donington Park, Leicestershire, England. The group, named after the first post-Ozzy Osbourne SABBATH album, is expected to announce many other festival appearances during 2007.

Ronnie James Dio recently spent time in the U.K. "kicking around ideas" with Tony Iommi for a couple of new tracks to be included on SABBATH's forthcoming box set, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years". In addition, according to Ozzy, a BLACK SABBATH tour with Osbourne, Iommi, Butler and Ward will kick off late 2007 to coincide with the group's first new studio album featuring that lineup since 1978's "Never Say Die!"

Dio was honored with the "Metal Guru" award at the Classic Rock Roll of Honour event, which was organized by Classic Rock magazine.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2006, 05:26:07 PM »

Legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) has revealed to Classic Rock magazine that HEAVEN AND HELL ? the new band featuring Dio alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward ? will likely headline next year's Monsters of Rock festival.

Monsters of Rock returned to the U.K. festival scene at Milton Keynes Bowl this past summer, with DEEP PURPLE as headliners. Now it looks like it will return in 2007, with HEAVEN AND HELL on the bill.

The following is a brief interview Classic Rock conducted with Dio at Monday's (Nov. 6) Classic Rock Roll of Honour event in London:

Classic Rock: Speaking of Tony Iommi, there are of course rumors that you will be reuniting with him, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward as HEAVEN AND HELL next year.

Ronnie: They're absolutely true. We'll probably be doing a year of touring together. And it's looking like you'll see us at the Monsters of Rock festival, then shows in America. And after that we'll come back to the U.K. for eight or nine more shows.

Classic Rock: That's amazing news. More amazing still was that Ozzy Osbourne wished you well with HEAVEN AND HELL.

Ronnie: Yes, he did. Bless Ozzy. He's a special, special person. He's one of the creators of heavy metal music. He deserves wondrous applause, he's a wonderful man and I hope he and Sharon's lives are very, very happy.

Ronnie James Dio recently spent time in the U.K. "kicking around ideas" with Tony Iommi for a couple of new tracks to be included on SABBATH's forthcoming box set, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years". In addition, according to Ozzy, a BLACK SABBATH tour with Osbourne, Iommi, Butler and Ward will kick off late 2007 to coincide with the group's first new studio album featuring that lineup since 1978's "Never Say Die!"

Dio was honored with the "Metal Guru" award at the Classic Rock Roll of Honour event, which was organized by Classic Rock magazine.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2006, 08:45:18 PM »

s BLABBERMOUTH.NET exclusively reported on November 23, drummer Bill Ward has now officially confirmed that he will not be involved with HEAVEN AND HELL ? the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler. Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) is currently in the U.K laying down drums on the two new tracks that will be included on BLACK SABBATH's forthcoming collection, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years". In addition, Appice will be manning the drums on the upcoming 2007 tour by HEAVEN AND HELL.

In a posting on his official web site, Bill Ward writes, "I realize there has been some speculation as to whether or not I am participating in the HEAVEN AND HELL project. I want to confirm that I will not be involved in either the recordings for the upcoming CD or the subsequent tour. I want to wish the guys ? Tony, Geezer, Ronnie, and Vinny ? much success for the coming year."

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2006, 06:59:11 PM »

When did Black Sabbath play last? Did they want to do the Sabbath thing before the HNH thing?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2006, 12:52:16 AM »

Black Sabbath has so much good material it's ridiculous.

The only Ozzy era album I'm not crazy about is "Never Say Die!"  Dio's stuff is great, and so is TYR.

An amazing band that played some great bluesy hard rock songs and pioneered a handful of metal genres.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: