Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:53:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175718 times)
Psychophobia
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2006, 11:39:53 AM »

When did Black Sabbath play last? Did they want to do the Sabbath thing before the HNH thing?

peace
They last toured in 2005... pretty much another nostalgia set. Oldies but goodies. At least they put After Forever and The Wizard back in. 

The last time they played any new material live was 2001, when they had an unreleased song called 'Scary Dreams' in the setlist.

I've had a pretty lukewarm reaction to this second reunion of the Mob Rules lineup. Sabbath are a favourite group of mine, but I'd have prefered to see the respective members continue with their solo works instead of this. I'm not expecting much of a change from the '92 tour's setlist (which I thought was boring as hell). Hopefully they'll put the three new songs into the set. I was disappointed to hear that Bill Ward wouldn't be involved. Hearing his take on a few more of the MR and Dehumanizer tunes would have been cool. Vinnie just bores me.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2006, 08:48:14 PM »

HEAVEN AND HELL ? the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, plus drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) ? has been confirmed for next year's Sweden Rock Festival, set to take place June 6-9, 2007 in S?lvesborg, Sweden. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

HEAVEN AND HELL
BLIND GUARDIAN
MOT?RHEAD
REO SPEEDWAGON
THE AUSTRALIAN PINK FLOYD SHOW
TROUBLE
KREATOR
UDO
SUZI QUATRO
GOV'T MULE
HARDCORE SUPERSTAR
BLACK OAK ARKANSAS
THUNDER
THE ANSWER
AXEL RUDI PELL
CIRCUS MAXIMUS
RANDY PIPER'S ANIMAL
TOKYO DRAGONS
ELDRITCH
LION'S SHARE
FALCONER

An exclusive New York City concert date for HEAVEN AND HELL in the spring of 2007 has already been booked but the exact details have not yet been revealed. Additional U.S. dates are being scheduled for late summer 2007.

As previously reported, Dio recently revealed to Classic Rock magazine that HEAVEN AND HELL will likely headline next year's Monsters of Rock festival in England.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2006, 07:34:38 AM »

HEAVEN AND HELL ? the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, plus drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) ? has been confirmed for next year's Sweden Rock Festival, set to take place June 6-9, 2007 in S?lvesborg, Sweden. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

HEAVEN AND HELL
BLIND GUARDIAN
MOT?RHEAD
REO SPEEDWAGON
THE AUSTRALIAN PINK FLOYD SHOW
TROUBLE
KREATOR
UDO
SUZI QUATRO
GOV'T MULE
HARDCORE SUPERSTAR
BLACK OAK ARKANSAS
THUNDER
THE ANSWER
AXEL RUDI PELL
CIRCUS MAXIMUS
RANDY PIPER'S ANIMAL
TOKYO DRAGONS
ELDRITCH
LION'S SHARE
FALCONER

An exclusive New York City concert date for HEAVEN AND HELL in the spring of 2007 has already been booked but the exact details have not yet been revealed. Additional U.S. dates are being scheduled for late summer 2007.

As previously reported, Dio recently revealed to Classic Rock magazine that HEAVEN AND HELL will likely headline next year's Monsters of Rock festival in England.

Theres some cool bands in that list!!! HARDCORE SUPERSTAR Cheesy

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2006, 04:09:58 PM »

This threads for ozzy too right?

just listened to "the ultimate sin" one of the few ozzy albums i havent heard, it rocks!!!! very different to other ozzy albums, guitaring isnt as good but the riffs and songs are great!! i love "secret loser"

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2006, 10:33:48 AM »

Ozzy Osbourne is "getting ready to tour next April" in support of his new solo album, Ozzy's wife/manager Sharon Osbourne revealed during an appearance on the "Dr. Phil" show earlier today (Thursday, December 14). "Three years this Christmas, [he's] clean and sober," she added.

Osbourne was previously said to be working on two brand new studio CDs. The first album is tentatively set for release in February 2007. Most of the music was recorded before Ozzfest in May with Mike Bordin (drums), Rob "Blasko" Nicholson (bass) and Zakk Wylde (guitar). Wylde recently announced that he had to cancel three tour dates in October with his band BLACK LABEL SOCIETY to finish up obligations in the studio in connection with the new album. The second effort will be the soundtrack to Ozzy's musical about controversial Russian politician Grigory Rasputin. The album will be released first, and then the play will debut on Broadway or as a touring show according to Osbourne.

In a recent interview, Ozzy said, "We wrote a song called 'Rasputin' (for the 1995 'Ozzmosis' album), but then it never got used, you know, and then every now and again I'd try to find this tape of songs. We wrote a bunch of songs, and I put this tape on and thought, 'You know what? That would be a great musical.' It kind of grew on its own. It's the traditional 'Fiddler on the Roof'-type of music, plus the kind of BEATLES-y kind of influence. There's this wonderful song that goes, 'How dark it is before the dawn, the day begins, a child is born.' It's beautiful. I'm really happy about it. I hope the rest of the world is. I spent 10 years of my f?king life in this thing."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2006, 10:39:21 AM »

Jon Wiederhorn of MTV.com recently conducted an interview with Ronnie James Dio about the upcoming BLACK SABBATH best-of album, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years", and the world tour alongside guitarist Tony Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Vinny Appice under the band name HEAVEN AND HELL.

"It's going to be a lot of fun to get back in front of fans and perform these songs again," Dio said. "I think this is something a lot of people have been waiting a long time for."

According to Dio, the HEAVEN AND HELL tour will kick off in Vancouver, British Columbia, on March 3 and play at least seven shows across Canada, ending in Toronto. Then the band will likely play South America, Japan, Korea, Australia and Europe before returning to North America for a U.S. tour in August or September.

Though Dio is thrilled to be able to revisit his past with SABBATH, he hasn't lain awake at night longing for a reunion. And while Iommi and Butler have wondered over the years what it would be like to play again with Dio, it was Warner Music subsidiary Rhino Records that first brought up the idea by making plans to release "The Dio Years". The label contacted Iommi's manager and said it would like to include some previously unreleased songs. Since there was nothing worthwhile in the vault that hadn't been used, Iommi contacted Dio and suggested they consider getting together to write some new material.

"About four months ago, I went over to England to Tony's house, where he has a studio," Dio said. "We started to work together, and it was really so enjoyable. After long spaces of time not working with people, you forget how good they are or how much you liked being around them."

The band isn't yet ready to announce the titles of the three new songs, but that doesn't mean Dio isn't eager to talk about them. One, he says, will be slow and doomy, the second will be midtempo and the third will be a scorcher.

"They're the perfect blend, [given] the limitations of only doing three tracks," he said. "I feel like we covered all the bases, and it's all guitar, bass, drums and voice. There are no keyboards, and it sounds excellent. And the lyrics are pretty weird. Whenever I get back with SABBATH, I seem to have this leash taken off me and I can write as weird as I want to."

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2006, 06:47:32 PM »

The band isn't yet ready to announce the titles of the three new songs,

No one told Tony  hihi

BW&BK EXCLUSIVE: HEAVEN AND HELL ? Tony Iommi Reveals The New BLACK
SABBATH Tracks!
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 at 18:08:30

Special Report By Martin Popoff

HEAVEN AND HELL guitarist Tony Iommi offered BW&BK a glimpse at the
three new tracks the band has recorded for the upcoming Ronnie James
Dio-era BLACK SABBATH compilation, due out, according to Tony, ?February
or March? through Rhino Records.

?Well, we've got one for everybody. If somebody goes, ?Oh, they're all
too slow,? we've got a slow one, a mid-tempo and a fast one. So it
should please most of the fans. The slow one is quite a heavy track.
It's called ?Shadow Of The Wind?. And Ronnie presented the first idea
for that, and then I just came up with more stuff to go with it, and
it's a really good track. Very similar to the old Sabbath style of
writing. There's not loads of things on it. It's just really basic with
the vocal.?

So it?s quite long as well?
?Probably about six minutes or something like that. And then we've got
?The Devil Cries?, which is a mid-tempo one, which again is quite a
powerful song. And I must say that Ronnie has done a fantastic job on
the vocals on all of these. He really has, and the lyrical content and
the actual melodies are very good. So that's the mid-tempo one. That's
an interesting track. And then we've got a fast one which is called ?Ear
In The Wall?, and that's? a fast one (laughs).?

Lyrically, the band has been working the way this version of the band
always had ? Dio does ?em. ?You know, they're all Ronnie's,? says Tony.
?He came up with them over that period, while he got the ideas. He got
the ideas when he heard the initial riffs, and then wrote the lyrics. So
no, Geezer (Butler - bass; the lineup is rounded off by drummer Vinny
Appice) hasn't done any lyrics. I don't think he really wants to because
he knows Ronnie can write lyrics. I don't think he involved himself.?

?Well, she seems to be OK about it,? says Tony, asked what Sharon?s view
on this situation is. ?In fact, I saw Sharon two nights ago. She came
over here for dinner. And she's not been opposed to it at all. And
again, we?re not going out as Black Sabbath.?

Will an album with OZZY come some day, as Sharon has floated as a
possibility?
?Well, I'm sure at some point we will, yeah. Again it comes down to the
time factor and what we're going to be doing. Certainly I?d like to do
an album. I always felt, a while back, we should have done an album, but
we didn't. It?s almost got to the point where I don't say anything now.
We just wait to see what happens.?

Tony also indicated that the band had yet to talk about a set list, but
many of the talk thus far had centred around this being a Dio-era only
set. As previously reported, Heaven And Hell will be commencing their
World Tour in Canada in March. There will be one exclusive US date in
New York City, but the official US dates won't begin until August. Watch
for a massive Heaven And Hell feature in BW&BK #102 ... out in February
2007!

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2007, 02:45:36 PM »

HEAVEN AND HELL ? the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, plus drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) ? has been confirmed as the headliner of this year's installment of the Bang Your Head!!! festival, set to take place June 22-23, 2007 in Balingen, Germany.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2007, 04:03:06 PM »

DOWN ? the acclaimed New Orleans band featuring CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan, drummer Jimmy Bower (EYEHATEGOD, SUPERJOINT RITUAL guitarist), bassist Rex Brown (ex-PANTERA), guitarist Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR), and vocalist Philip Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, ex-PANTERA) ? has confirmed rumors that it will tour North America in March as the opening act for HEAVEN AND HELL and MOT?RHEAD. DOWN will play a total of 10 shows as part of the package and will also perform four headlining gigs on the East Coast.

The HEAVEN AND HELL / MOT?RHEAD / DOWN tour will kick off in Vancouver, British Columbia, on March 3 and play at least seven shows across Canada, including Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City. An exclusive New York City date is also planned. ***Unconfirmed*** tour dates so far are as follows:

Mar. 03 - [To Be Announced] - Vancouver, BC
Mar. 22 - Air Canada Center - Toronto, ONT
Mar. 25 - Bell Centre - Montreal, QUE
Mar. 26 - Colisee - Quebec City, QUE

HEAVEN AND HELL ? the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, plus drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) ? will then likely play South America, Japan, Korea, Australia and Europe before returning to North America for a U.S. tour in August or September.

HEAVEN AND HELL confirmed European festival appearances so far:

Jun 6-9 - S?lvesborg, SWE @ Sweden Rock
Jun. 09 - Tampere, FIN @ Sauna Open Air
Jun. 22-23 ? Balingen, GER @ Bang Your Head!!!

The upcoming Dio-era BLACK SABBATH anthology, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years", will feature three new songs ("Shadow of the Wind", "Devil Cries" and "Ear in the Wall"), and is tentatively due this spring.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2007, 05:23:09 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne has told Dan Epstein of Revolver magazine (web site) that he has finally found the perfect setting for making records: the newly soundproofed guest house behind his Beverly Hills mansion, which he's outfitted with a mixing desk and a ProTools rig.

"When I made records before, I'd have to get up, get in a cab or car, go to the studio, and wait for everyone to turn up," Osbourne explained. "If you're already inspired before you leave for the studio, you're fucked by the time you get there! But now I have the luxury of working in my own home. I can play the music on my own sound system, and I can lie down in my room and watch my flat-screen TV whenever I like."

Unlike 2001's slickly produced "Down to Earth", the last album of original Ozzy material, the new disc promises to be a rawer and heavier affair. Recorded with the same band that backed Osbourne on his scattered 2006 Ozzfest dates ? Zakk Wylde on guitar, Mike Bordin on drums, and former ROB ZOMBIE bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson ? the album has no official producer, although longtime Mutt Lange prot?g? Kevin Churko is serving as the engineer.

"Kevin's working the machines and helping me with the songwriting," said Osbourne. "He really knows what he's doing with the ProTools, which is good because I can't work the fucking thing. I can barely work a light switch!"

"We just went in and jammed out the riffs, just like how they made 'Back in Black' and all the SABBATH record," said Wylde. "I don't need Bob Rock there to tell me what to do, like that 'Vagina Monologues' band METALLICA. When you know where you're going, you don't need to ask for fucking directions! It sounds like classic Ozzy ? there's piano ballads, there's an acoustic thing, and then there's the heavy shit. From the beginning, Oz kept saying to me, 'Zakk, we need another 'No More Tears' ? we've gotta piss all over that fuckin' record. This thing's gotta be able to hang with 'Diary of a Madman'!'"

"I always try to make a great album," says Osbourne. "It's not like I go in there and go, 'You know what? I've had a great run ? I'm gonna do a piece of shit for my next album!' But to be perfectly truthful to you, 'Down to Earth' was just a filler album to me. It did well, and some people liked it, and I loved the ballad on it ['Dreamer']. But this album I put in the same league as 'No More Tears', 'Blizzard of Ozz', and 'Diary'. It's definitely my influence of SABBATH coming out, here and there. But then again, I would have liked to see SABBATH put out an album like this at this stage of the game."

For more on Ozzy Osbourne's new solo album, pick up the March 2007 issue of Revolver magazine, set to hit newsstands this coming Monday, January 15. more information is available at www.revolvermag.com.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »

great to hear them aiming for such high standards, no more tears is my favourite ozzy album.

lmao at zakk taking piss out of metallica

html sucks
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2007, 05:53:42 PM »

Hahaha. Classic Zakk right there.

Sounds like the album is gonna be fucking killer. I can't wait. We need some real Ozzy in this world and its about time he returns with a badass record.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2007, 06:02:22 PM »

Sounds like the album is gonna be fucking killer. I can't wait. We need some real Ozzy in this world and its about time he returns with a badass record.

problem is, when no more tears was made, zakk had like his southern thing going, and wasnt all fat and greasy biker.

now hes all into bls styled stuff, and you can hear that influence on the last ozzy album, id just rather him leave that stuff in bls.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2007, 06:04:12 PM »

cool with the new ozzy

and hell yeah i'm gonna go to sweden rock festival headbanger
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2007, 06:09:04 PM »

problem is, when no more tears was made, zakk had like his southern thing going, and wasnt all fat and greasy biker.

now hes all into bls styled stuff, and you can hear that influence on the last ozzy album, id just rather him leave that stuff in bls.

Zakk was barely involved with the last Ozzy record. When it comes to the Oz man Zakk knows how to deliver I wouldn't worry about it bro.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2007, 06:20:15 PM »

Zakk was barely involved with the last Ozzy record. When it comes to the Oz man Zakk knows how to deliver I wouldn't worry about it bro.

so zakk didnt make up the riffs n stuff?

html sucks
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2007, 06:38:24 PM »

so zakk didnt make up the riffs n stuff?

I believe Tim Palmer wrote a lot with Ozzy for that record. Zakk has no writing credits on that album.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2007, 07:24:34 PM »

So when is the new Ozzy album due out?
I thought I read that it was supposed to come out February this year?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2007, 02:50:47 PM »

2007 = Great year for music!, I think, Velvet Revolver, would be a great opening act for Ozz, they both gonna release an album. ok

If the world would end today... Wink
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2007, 07:38:01 PM »

2007 = Great year for music!, I think, Velvet Revolver, would be a great opening act for Ozz, they both gonna release an album. ok

The rumor is a BLS/Ozzy tour.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: