Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 02:25:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228008 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  After Chinese Democracy, Axl should release an album called...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: After Chinese Democracy, Axl should release an album called...  (Read 14776 times)
themovieaddict.com
« on: September 12, 2006, 09:55:55 PM »

..."The Persevering Magic Dolphins of the 4th Dimension and the Trial of the Caterpillars from Mars."

He should make it a concept album like "Ziggy Stardust." I'm not joking. Don't misunderstand this as spam or something, because it's not. I think it would be brilliant. He spends fourteen years making a mega-expensive album, then a year afterwards releases a small, cheap concept album with a terrible album cover featuring magical-looking dolphins jumping through a lake on the planet Mars with giant furry caterpillars in the background, and in the foreground there is Axl in an astronaut's suit floating around and his face is very poorly Photoshopped into the suit, so his face is inside the astronaut's face bubble, and then in cheesy blue BOLD FONT at the bottom it has the entire title, except it's so long they have to print the second line smaller and the third line so small you can barely read it.

I'm not joking, I think something funny like that would be brilliant for Axl and regain some respect from people who think he takes himself too seriously.
robinfinckfan
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 10:00:36 PM »

..."The Persevering Magic Dolphins of the 4th Dimension and the Trial of the Caterpillars from Mars."

He should make it a concept album like "Ziggy Stardust." I'm not joking. Don't misunderstand this as spam or something, because it's not. I think it would be brilliant. He spends fourteen years making a mega-expensive album, then a year afterwards releases a small, cheap concept album with a terrible album cover featuring magical-looking dolphins jumping through a lake on the planet Mars with giant furry caterpillars in the background, and in the foreground there is Axl in an astronaut's suit floating around and his face is very poorly Photoshopped into the suit, so his face is inside the astronaut's face bubble, and then in cheesy blue BOLD FONT at the bottom it has the entire title, except it's so long they have to print the second line smaller and the third line so small you can barely read it.

I'm not joking, I think something funny like that would be brilliant for Axl and regain some respect from people who think he takes himself too seriously.

Well there was the spahgetti incident.

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 10:04:50 PM »

That wasn't a silly album, though. He should make something silly and funny that would make people go, "WTF? Axl Rose did THAT?!"

And an album cover that looks like a 5-year-old made it or something. It would be so funny, and Axl would gain a lot of respect.

He should record it it one sitting and just have fun with it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 10:06:47 PM by RussianRoulette » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 10:08:04 PM »

Um..

drugs are bad?

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 10:08:42 PM »

Okay, I seriously feel dumb now for reading your post.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 12:27:19 AM by King Sand » Logged

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 10:10:10 PM »

Okay, I seriously feel dumb now for reading your stupid post.

Whatever. If you don't agree then that's fine, but I would love to hear a nice silly little concept album.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 10:10:53 PM »

That wasn't a silly album, though. He should make something silly and funny that would make people go, "WTF? Axl Rose did THAT?!"

And an album cover that looks like a 5-year-old made it or something. It would be so funny, and Axl would gain a lot of respect.

Whatever drugs you're on, please share them around, as it seems you've taken way too many for yourself... hihi

Release a stupid album and Axl will gain respect?

Hmmm... I don't think so rofl

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 10:12:46 PM »

Whatever drugs you're on, please share them around, as it seems you've taken way too many for yourself... hihi

Release a stupid album and Axl will gain respect?

Hmmm... I don't think so rofl

I don't take drugs.

I do listen to Vanilla Ice though?  Huh
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

I love it. And the funny thing is everyone here bitching about what a stupid idea it is will probably buy it.

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 10:22:49 PM »

I love it. And the funny thing is everyone here bitching about what a stupid idea it is will probably buy it.

It'd be hilarious if Axl just wrote a nine-minute-long epic about....dolphins!  rofl

It could start off like November Rain and turn into this massive tribute to dolphins.

"I feel the flippers, they're gettin' wetter
And through the water you tend to glide
Seems every dolphin I've ever wanted, dear
Has gone away and left me dry
Whoa oh oh

[massive guitar solo with dolphin sound effects]

I love you so much
Never leave me ever again
You magical dolphin you!"
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 10:26:12 PM »

Dude, you want a stupid concept album?  Buy STYX: Kilroy Was Here
This is really not that funny of a topic.

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 10:26:58 PM »

See this in my original post?

Quote from: Me
I'm not joking...

ok
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 10:27:06 PM »

I hope Axl has a son so he can tour behind it by then. (Whatever it's called)

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 10:28:11 PM »

I hope Axl has a son so he can tour behind it by then. (Whatever it's called)

Yes, it could be a father-son effort! That would be awesome.
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 10:28:57 PM »

it aint the 60s............

i think he should do an electronic dance album with other singers like

gustavo cerati
bono
madonna
shakira
sebastian bach

this is a song about your fucking mother!
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 10:30:12 PM »

it aint the 60s............

i think he should do an electronic dance album with other singers like

gustavo cerati
bono
madonna
shakira
sebastian bach

Yeah, maybe Giorgio Moroder could contribute to The Dolphin Anthem I was talking about earlier, that'd be cool.

Madonna, no. Bono? Yes. And also Tom Waits. And Vangelis.

That would be a beautiful song. Vangelis and Axl Rose with Tom Waits? Damn.
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 10:32:11 PM »

yes....georgio moroder and axl could write a soundtrack to a wicked movie........

this is a song about your fucking mother!
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 10:35:46 PM »

Actually this thread is far superior to the 120-something pages of BS speculation about whether Axl is going to announce the date of CD during the MTV VMAs when it was CLEARLY stated that he would only be there to annunce a band/award.

So nward with this album, especially if it means more new music without having to wait another 13 freakin' years.

ILoveGNRandPhysics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 11:08:03 PM »

Yes, and then he could change his name to Jefferson Starship... Oh, wait...

No trees were killed in the making of this post; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 11:21:53 PM »

Dude, you want a stupid concept album?  Buy STYX: Kilroy Was Here

Haha...

"I guess I just came up short with songs about... ROBOTS"
-Tommy Shaw

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: