Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:31:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  axl shape
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl shape  (Read 16135 times)
EFISH
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2006, 11:27:41 PM »

Because Elvis ate too many cookies Grin
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2006, 11:31:45 PM »

From a health standpoint he would be considered "slightly overweight."

No, I think he'd need to gain a good 15-20 pounds to be considered overweight by normal standards.

He's 5'10 according to his mugshots, and he weighed 130 when he was arrested in 1992.

Let's assume he's 10 pounds heavier now than he was then, and currently weighs 140 pounds.

http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/av.htm

By calculating his Body Mass Index with that information, in addition to specifying that he is a 44-year old male, we get the following result:

Body Description: Underweight

Your Weight is at 3rd percentile compared to others of same Height and Age

In other words, 97% of males Axl's age that are the same height weigh more than him.

So no, he's not overweight.

In order for the BMI to say that Axl is overwight, he would have to weigh 175 pounds. According to the BMI calculator, a healthy weight for Axl is 144 pounds.
EFISH
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 11:34:41 PM »

From a health standpoint he would be considered "slightly overweight."

O?ver?weight (vr-wt
adj.

Weighing more than is normal, necessary, or allowed, especially having more body weight than is considered normal or healthy for one's age or build.

I'm sorry dude, but that is fuckin' bullshit. Overweight? Are you kidding me?:

You people are nuts. Roll Eyes

There's no point is continuing with this discussion....

Quote from EFISH? I never said that Roll Eyes hihi
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2006, 11:35:08 PM »

^^^
Fixed it dude. hihi
I hope this doesnt get removed like last time, because so what if a picture makes someone look fat, this isnt a dictatorship, but if its deleted then i understand.. anyway here it is.. proof that one picture doesnt say it all, look at the huge difference between these 2 pics...

both from the same concert by the way

The reason you can see his abs on the left and he looks bigger on the right are because he's not defined. When he's gasping for air on the left he's breathing in causing his stomach to outline his abdomen, whereas on the other photo he is exhaling causing his stomach to push outwards.

From a health standpoint he would be considered "slightly overweight." Not physically fit and not obese. In between. Just a bit over average.

O?ver?weight (vr-wt
adj.

Weighing more than is normal, necessary, or allowed, especially having more body weight than is considered normal or healthy for one's age or build.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2006, 11:36:10 PM »

i see a gut

You may need glasses and some sort of IQ test ( I suggest the peg test at the Cracker Barrel for you.)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2006, 11:39:15 PM »

The reason Axl usually keeps his shirt buttoned at the bottom is because he has love handles, he's not as overweight as he was in '02 but he isn't defined.

He wasn't overweight in 02. I saw him in LV and the dude had a six pack.

CLOWN SHOES!!!!!!!!

mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2006, 11:42:45 PM »

how was axl ripped when he was in his 20's and early 30s...
and know not really able to get ripped again...
did he work out back then...or just ripped cause of age and running around a lot

maybe he worked out... if he lost a little more weight now he'd look a lot better

He looks pretty ripped there.

Are you serious?

axl is ripped but for his age and weight its nearly impossible to get a 6 pack.  some people are just like that, i myself am ripped but because im bigger i would have to literally starve myself to a dangerously low weight if i wanted mine to show up alot  hihi
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2006, 11:45:21 PM »

^^^
Fixed it dude. hihi
I hope this doesnt get removed like last time, because so what if a picture makes someone look fat, this isnt a dictatorship, but if its deleted then i understand.. anyway here it is.. proof that one picture doesnt say it all, look at the huge difference between these 2 pics...

both from the same concert by the way

The reason you can see his abs on the left and he looks bigger on the right are because he's not defined. When he's gasping for air on the left he's breathing in causing his stomach to outline his abdomen, whereas on the other photo he is exhaling causing his stomach to push outwards.

From a health standpoint he would be considered "slightly overweight." Not physically fit and not obese. In between. Just a bit over average.

O?ver?weight (vr-wt
adj.

"Dude," do you have any background whatsoever in health?

Then stop bossing people around.

Axl is overweight. NOT obese. Overweight. Big difference.

There is build-up around the neck, arms, legs, and abdomen. He could shed twenty pounds. He isn't fat, but he isn't toned and defined, either, especially around his abs, which is indeed why he keeps the lower buttons connected.

It happens with age. Deal with it.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2006, 11:49:26 PM »

Just because someone is a little "soft", that doesn't mean they're fat or overweight. ?Axl's abs look a little soft, but lovehandles do not an overweight person make. ?It's all relative. ?Axl standing next to Jude Law will look a little heavy. ?Axl next to Kevin James looks damn svelte. ?
And he definitely doesn't look out of shape. ?He wouldn't be able to perform the way he does if he was out of shape.
He's probably in the right range for his height.  Also, keep in mind, when he was stronger, he was pretty wirey. Maybe he was underweight then.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2006, 11:50:15 PM »

There is build-up around the neck, arms, legs, and abdomen. He could shed twenty pounds. He isn't fat, but he isn't toned and defined, either, especially around his abs, which is indeed why he keeps the lower buttons connected.

You are a buffoon in need of an eye exam.

If they guy was really overweight I'd be the first to agree he was, but he is clearly not. Certainly NOT by American standards either!

Anyway, a thread about Axl's weight is pretty lame in my opinion. You can't just enjoy his music? Get a life............and an eye exam.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2006, 11:54:11 PM »

If they guy was really overweight I'd be the first to agree he was, but he is clearly not. Certainly NOT by American standards either!

Anyway, a thread about Axl's weight is pretty lame in my opinion. You can't just enjoy his music? Get a life............and an eye exam.

Heed your own advice.

This is what I wrote earlier:

Like I said before, it isn't a big deal to me either, as long as he's making good music I couldn't care less.

So you're feeding me my own medicine. I already said what you said before you said it.

I can recommend a good eye doctor to you, mate.  ok
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2006, 11:54:45 PM »

It's called becoming a MAN!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Deadfeat
Opening Act

Here Today.....waiting forever

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2006, 12:00:07 AM »

I think I remember reading something back during the UYI tours that Axl was travelling with an expensive maching that would simulate the effects of a full workout session in something like 4 minutes...Does anyone else remember anything about this???

What is Chinese Democracy?
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2006, 12:03:15 AM »

I think I remember reading something back during the UYI tours that Axl was travelling with an expensive maching that would simulate the effects of a full workout session in something like 4 minutes...Does anyone else remember anything about this???

Yeah, but those machines are really not the same as doing a full workout. I don't know if it's true, I haven't heard that story before. But those gimmick machines are the same as the "abdominizers," they really don't work the way they claim they do.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2006, 12:03:57 AM »

you guys are making too much out of this

I don't think he ever was ripped.. when he was younger he was skinnier making his abs and general body look more defined and in shape.. but I don't think it was because he killed himself working out.. and now he is just older so you can't expect him to be as skinny as he was 20 years ago.. but he is not overweight, he's not that much defined that's all but who cares about that, all that matters is if he's in shape to perform and he is cuz he wouldn't be able to do what he did this summer if he wasn't

SLCPUNK
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2006, 12:05:34 AM »

Heed your own advice.

Like I said before, it isn't a big deal to me either, as long as he's making good music I couldn't care less.

So you're feeding me my own medicine. I already said what you said before you said it.

If it's not a big deal then why are you on a message board trying to convince everybody that Axl is fat?
IndiannaRose
VIP

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2006, 12:05:50 AM »

"Dude," do you have any background whatsoever in health?

Then stop bossing people around.

Do you not know the definition of overweight? You know, the one I posted. Did you also choose to ignore DunkinDave's post on the subject? Oh, also, on my health background, I did spend my entire summer learning the foundations of fitness at school so I think I'd know what the term 'overweight' is. "The term overweight is generally used to indicate that a human has more body fat than is typical or required for the normal functioning of the body" (wikipedia). As Dunkin' Dave has assured, using the latest numbers Axl is in better shape than 97% of all men his height and weight thus invalidating your 'overweight' argument.

There is no godamn fat build up around his arms:

Neck:

Or legs:

It's all in your head.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2006, 12:08:03 AM »

Heed your own advice.

If it's not a big deal then why are you on a message board trying to convince everybody that Axl is fat?

I said Axl is not fat.

Try again.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2006, 12:10:26 AM »

Do you not know the definition of overweight? You know, the one I posted.

Yes, I do.

Did you also choose to ignore DunkinDave's post on the subject?

No, I did not.

Oh, also, on my health background, I did spend my entire summer learning the foundations of fitness at school

Ah, I see. We've got an expert on our hands.

If you cannot see the extra mass in those pictures you posted, then perhaps you should spend the next summer becoming more objective.  ok

I never said Axl is fat. He isn't. But he has extra weight on him, and that was just what I was trying to say. He's not fat, he's slightly overweight; he has some build-up in various areas, it happens with age; your get flabbier. He's not fat, he's just undefined.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 12:17:14 AM by RussianRoulette » Logged
IndiannaRose
VIP

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2006, 12:17:09 AM »

Do you not know the definition of overweight? You know, the one I posted.

Yes, I do.

Did you also choose to ignore DunkinDave's post on the subject?

No, I did not. Axl is not 140 pounds.

Oh, also, on my health background, I did spend my entire summer learning the foundations of fitness at school

Ah, I see. We've got an expert on our hands.

If you cannot see the extra mass in those pictures you posted, then perhaps you should spend the next summer becoming more objective.  ok
Are you seriously saying Axl's build is a mess? Haha, just look at that last picture I posted. Oh yeah, what a mess. rofl rofl rofl

You are only seeing your own version of the truth.

Hah, look at all this flabby mess!:

It's so flabby....it doesn't flab! That's just too flabby! Shocked

This is just beyond ridiculous. rofl Hah, believe what you want.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 12:20:50 AM by IndiannaRose » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: