Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:33:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Question: When will GNR come to the Midwest?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question: When will GNR come to the Midwest?  (Read 5552 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 10:26:24 PM »

GNR are the most played band on the highest arbitron rated station (cuts across all formats) in Midwest--98.9 The Rock out of Kansas City.  Huge signal, and wildly popular.  They play GNR every hour, talk about GNR non-stop, play leaks, have DJ's that post on this site, etc!!  GNR are very popular, still, in KC. They are played at teh Chiefs and Royals games--every game!!  There are some red-necked mullet-heads that think Axl is soft who live deeper into Missouri (remember in Mizzou, there are 10 million people and about four last names), but really, this demographic was lost by 1990 anyways.

stugots
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 10:28:50 PM »

I'm 2hrs west

I'm two hours east (of STL, not KC).? Although, people in STL still bitch about the riot, they'd all be standing in line for tickets.? I just wish they wouldn't hit the midwest in the middle of winter or flu season.?? Tongue

I live in st. louis and was at the concert with the riot, I still live about 5 miles from the complex where it took place and nobody's "still bitching about anything" .? I'm not sure where your getting your info or if you just thought you sounded cool saying it.? ?

So, you speak on the behalf of St. Louis?

If st. louis needs someone to speak on their behalf sure, but I mainly wanted to inform the gentleman that said people still bitch about the riot that he's talking out his ass.? IMO it wasnt much of a riot in the first place, totally blown out of proportion.?

I live in Missouri and when you say the name, you get the riot and the hatred of axl rose that follows. I have the st.louis dvd and the place was in shambles afterwards.

Not everyone hates them and the show would sell out but st.louis hasn't forgotten about it and Missouri hasn't either

BULLSHIT.......the only part that was in shambles was a little bit of the stage and right around it. ?Yea in that DVD they're gonna make it look as bad as possible, shock value. ?If that was as much destruction st. louisans could do in a real riot I'm embarassed. ?It was a poor excuse for a riot bottem line. ?(btw I didnt particapate in any of the shit that did happen). ?I never even considered it a riot till I got up the next morning to go to work and they had RIOT on the front page.

Web Hosting & eCommerce Solutions
http://www.hostofthetown.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 10:52:02 PM »

It's good how the tours worked out, a mostly outdoor European and UK tour in the summer, and an indoor US tour in the winter, I'm hoping for a Houston date.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 12:23:14 AM »

I hope they play Chicago, Moline, Rockford, Madison, and Milwaukee.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 12:53:36 AM »

I live in St. Louis and it's not an issue.  KSHE skipped playing Led Zepplin one day at 5, that never happens, and played GNR followed by Skidrow.  I took that as booked, Richard's coming home and he's bringing the band.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 01:01:11 AM »

I live in st. louis and was at the concert with the riot, I still live about 5 miles from the complex where it took place and nobody's "still bitching about anything" .  I'm not sure where your getting your info or if you just thought you sounded cool saying it.

I never said STL wouldn't welcome a GN'R gig.  To the contrary, I said they'd be standing in line for tickets.  But people in STL still bitch about the riot.  You're a liar if you say otherwise.  I've even heard the Cardinals baseball broadcasters bitching about it. 
stugots
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 09:25:29 AM »

I live in st. louis and was at the concert with the riot, I still live about 5 miles from the complex where it took place and nobody's "still bitching about anything" .? I'm not sure where your getting your info or if you just thought you sounded cool saying it.

I never said STL wouldn't welcome a GN'R gig.? To the contrary, I said they'd be standing in line for tickets.? But people in STL still bitch about the riot.? You're a liar if you say otherwise.? I've even heard the Cardinals baseball broadcasters bitching about it.?

Your an idiot, I never said that you said STL wouldnt welcome a GNR gig.  Altough I'm a big GNR fan, I probably wouldnt go see them if they did come.  I live in STL everyday if you go up to somebody and mention the name Axl Rose sure they'll remember him from the riot but if ya say he's coming in concert pretty soon they couldn't care less.  Nobody's sitting around bitching about what happened almost 15 yrs ago.  I dont beleive for a second you heard the Cardinals broadcasters bitching about it, you are truly an IDIOT, you just made that up because those are the only people from STL you ever hear talk.
 I'm saying some people may still hold a bad opinion but nobodys still bitching about it,  you make it sound like were all down sitting under the Arch holding rallys bitching about Axl. 

stugots
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 09:28:12 AM »

I live in St. Louis and it's not an issue.? KSHE skipped playing Led Zepplin one day at 5, that never happens, and played GNR followed by Skidrow.? I took that as booked, Richard's coming home and he's bringing the band.

Thank for the input man, I thought I was out here by myself.   beer

Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2006, 09:44:23 AM »

I'm originally from St. Louis and think they would be well-received, this would be BIG news- A large amount of publicity for AXL and the band. I don't see how he can actually be "banned" from St. Louis.  That concert never took place inside the city limits.  To my knowledge, he has only actually played in St. Louis twice- once at the old St. Louis Arena (Checker Dome) when they opened for Aerosmith, and another time at Busch Stadium when they opened for the Stones on the Steel Wheels tour.  That concert was at the UMB Bank Pavilion (formerly known as Riverport Amphitheater) and is in Maryland Heights, MO. 

I think it would be cool for Axl to stop in and play one of the small theaters- the Fox or the Pageant or go for the big audience at the Savvis Center.  He has a better chance at selling out the Savvis center than he does some of these other larger arenas he's booked so far.  St. Louis is basically a blue collar Rock city- unlike Philadelphia, it is a very understanding and forgiving place.  In my opinion, he should play there.
stugots
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 10:16:17 AM »

I'm originally from St. Louis and think they would be well-received, this would be BIG news- A large amount of publicity for AXL and the band. I don't see how he can actually be "banned" from St. Louis.? That concert never took place inside the city limits.? To my knowledge, he has only actually played in St. Louis twice- once at the old St. Louis Arena (Checker Dome) when they opened for Aerosmith, and another time at Busch Stadium when they opened for the Stones on the Steel Wheels tour.? That concert was at the UMB Bank Pavilion (formerly known as Riverport Amphitheater) and is in Maryland Heights, MO.?

Truer words never spoken.   Smiley  Glad to hear someone who knows what they're talking about.  I live in Bridgeton which I'm sure you know is right next to Maryland Heights.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 03:36:03 PM »

I'm originally from St. Louis and think they would be well-received, this would be BIG news- A large amount of publicity for AXL and the band. I don't see how he can actually be "banned" from St. Louis.  That concert never took place inside the city limits.  To my knowledge, he has only actually played in St. Louis twice- once at the old St. Louis Arena (Checker Dome) when they opened for Aerosmith, and another time at Busch Stadium when they opened for the Stones on the Steel Wheels tour.  That concert was at the UMB Bank Pavilion (formerly known as Riverport Amphitheater) and is in Maryland Heights, MO. 

I think it would be cool for Axl to stop in and play one of the small theaters- the Fox or the Pageant or go for the big audience at the Savvis Center.  He has a better chance at selling out the Savvis center than he does some of these other larger arenas he's booked so far.  St. Louis is basically a blue collar Rock city- unlike Philadelphia, it is a very understanding and forgiving place.  In my opinion, he should play there.
St. louis does rock.  I'm from that area too.   Haven't been there in over 10 years though.    I dont know I always thought after what happened GNR would never go back to STL.
stugots
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 08:56:07 PM »

I'm originally from St. Louis and think they would be well-received, this would be BIG news- A large amount of publicity for AXL and the band. I don't see how he can actually be "banned" from St. Louis.? That concert never took place inside the city limits.? To my knowledge, he has only actually played in St. Louis twice- once at the old St. Louis Arena (Checker Dome) when they opened for Aerosmith, and another time at Busch Stadium when they opened for the Stones on the Steel Wheels tour.? That concert was at the UMB Bank Pavilion (formerly known as Riverport Amphitheater) and is in Maryland Heights, MO.?

I think it would be cool for Axl to stop in and play one of the small theaters- the Fox or the Pageant or go for the big audience at the Savvis Center.? He has a better chance at selling out the Savvis center than he does some of these other larger arenas he's booked so far.? St. Louis is basically a blue collar Rock city- unlike Philadelphia, it is a very understanding and forgiving place.? In my opinion, he should play there.
St. louis does rock.? I'm from that area too.? ?Haven't been there in over 10 years though.? ? I dont know I always thought after what happened GNR would never go back to STL.

I'm not sure if they'll ever come back either, but if you havent been here in 10 years, the neighborhood is not like it used to be, its changed quite a bit.  I have a feeling if they had any kind of riot now days it would be alot worse, gunfire etc. 

cineater
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 09:50:28 PM »

No your not alone.  Keep your eye on the St. Charles Family arena.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 09:54:12 PM »

Axl needs to make a homecoming show to Indiana.  rant  nervous  crying  drool  Huh
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2006, 04:47:29 PM »

Cool, they just got a show in Ohio... we're getting closer to Chicago, now!  peace

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: