Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 08:05:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ex??White-Boy Poseur?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ex??White-Boy Poseur?  (Read 13418 times)
robinfinckfan
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2006, 10:28:13 PM »

I really don't  think it's a big deal.

didn't axl wear thongs and ass-less chaps?

didn't axl have his hair teased and wear make-up?

didn't axl change his image as AFD released in july, 87?

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2006, 09:22:29 AM »

Just read the verses to Bad Apples and that pretty much sums up the lives GN'R were living in the UYI days, and probably a similar life to what Axl is living right now.

destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2006, 10:45:23 AM »

Yeah, they were basically living like homeless, but they were doing it by choice.

Slash came from a moderately wealthy family, the rest of them *could* have gotten regular jobs, and lived normal lives.? It's not so easy when you grow up in the ghetto, for many young men, drug dealing and gang violence is the de facto standard.

Guns N' Roses was "living the life", but it was a life they chose, they could have stepped out whenever they wanted.

edit:? More to the point, the life they chose was the life of partying.. not violence.? And yeah, okay, it's hardcore in a sense, but it's not the same thing.

That's a bunch of bull, it doesn't matter where you live, you don't have to resort to violence and selling drugs to kids. It's not hardcore to be out there shooting each other, it's stupid. I think Axl just feels guilty now for being rich, but he shouldn't. He had it rough in LA, but he got through it, and it's good that he realizes he's lucky and blessed, but so is NWA. A lot of people have it rough, but they work hard, and eventually things get better. It's not Axl's fault that people from Compton don't have as good a attitude about it as he does. They really don't have it that bad themselves if they'd stop shooting each other.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2006, 11:10:28 AM »

Yeah, they were basically living like homeless, but they were doing it by choice.

Slash came from a moderately wealthy family, the rest of them *could* have gotten regular jobs, and lived normal lives.  It's not so easy when you grow up in the ghetto, for many young men, drug dealing and gang violence is the de facto standard.

Guns N' Roses was "living the life", but it was a life they chose, they could have stepped out whenever they wanted.

edit:  More to the point, the life they chose was the life of partying.. not violence.  And yeah, okay, it's hardcore in a sense, but it's not the same thing.

That's a bunch of bull, it doesn't matter where you live, you don't have to resort to violence and selling drugs to kids. It's not hardcore to be out there shooting each other, it's stupid. I think Axl just feels guilty now for being rich, but he shouldn't. He had it rough in LA, but he got through it, and it's good that he realizes he's lucky and blessed, but so is NWA. A lot of people have it rough, but they work hard, and eventually things get better. It's not Axl's fault that people from Compton don't have as good a attitude about it as he does. They really don't have it that bad themselves if they'd stop shooting each other.

Did you miss the point completely?

It isn't about if one lifestyle was in any way justified. It also wasn't about feeling quilty for being rich. It was as simple as this:

GNR thought they were just the baddest men on the planet for how bad they had it. Then when NWA came up and he saw how they lived, he realized they were far from living the worst life you can life.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2006, 12:12:40 PM »

Does it really matter?
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2006, 12:18:38 PM »

I like NWA but actually GNR was living more on the streets preappetite than NWA was....ice cube was in COLLEGE for architecture during the straight outta compton days and before that he lived with his parents........Dre and Yella were DJs at clubs...I think Axls hardon for NWA contribted to the decline of GNR..
Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2006, 02:24:26 PM »

Eazy wuz a hardcore muthafucka... what was that playa doing befo' Straight Outta Compton" came out?  I ain't seen that brutha in a minute, sheeeeeeeeeeittt.  It's too bad that he had AIDS.  I liked him the most.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2006, 05:11:46 PM »

Axl Rose started out screeching about being ?just an urchin livin? under the street,? but in the thirteen years he?s been working on the oft-delayed album Chinese Democracy (at a price that?s exceeded $13 million), he?s had time to reflect on heavy-metal posturing.?

Exactly what it says, has had (plenty of) time to reflect on his career as one of Rocks biggest Icons living today.?

?We thought we were so badass,? he said in the greenroom at the VMAs. ?Then N.W.A. came out rapping about this world where you walk out of your house and you get shot. It was just so clear what stupid little white-boy poseurs we were. It was like, ?All right, we can give up the act.? If you?re talking about which lifestyle is more hard-core, the one where you get shot always wins.?

Possibly thinks that given his life style, those he mixed with (and I do mean Steve, Slash, Duff in the main) and having stayed clean(certainly in comparison to the others) what a fortunate escape he's had.? VR may or may not be a decent band (you decide) but the're not exactly pull up trees are they...? Axl hasn't released the album cos it isn't (or wasn't should I say) to his liking.? It's his ass on the line, it needs to good because the World at large are expecting it to be bad, if it is bad then the the "we hate to say we told you so" merchants will be peddling their message loud and clear.? The time taken is legendary, but it will be good, a classic even, with some tracks to come for a second, third and forth album.? There is a plan, the plan is to resurrect Axl Rose and Guns n Roses as the band he originally wanted it to be.? There won't be booze and drug driven performances, no non appearences and a genuine desire to complete shows, (look how he stuck with Donnington despite the early glitches).? The band has been labled by some as Axl and the session musicians,? he doesn't want that I think, but to ensure the creditablity of the other members they need recorded perfomances that have their names on,? AFD, UYI,SI,LE all have the work of the original members to compare with, the recorded music is the gauge on what they are being judged, not their own ability to perfom songs that they are recording, which I believe is happening.?

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
dewdewboy
Banned
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2006, 10:46:01 PM »

"We thought we were so badass," he said in the greenroom at the VMAs. "Then N.W.A. came out rapping about this world where you walk out of your house and you get shot. It was just so clear what stupid little white-boy poseurs we were. It was like, 'All right, we can give up the act.' If you're talking about which lifestyle is more hard-core, the one where you get shot always wins."

Hummmm, what a Joke Axl has become. Has to make fun of the old band to make himself look better to the MTV crowd. I wonder what he will say about himself in another 20 years... Its a joke that this man wasted so many, MANY hours of your peoples lives on this message board.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2006, 10:47:29 PM »

ALREADY POSTED.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2006, 10:48:10 PM »

its in another thread, thanks anyway
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2006, 10:48:49 PM »

:killmyself:
another thread with the same thing

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
dewdewboy
Banned
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2006, 10:49:52 PM »

I rele dont know how anyone can have ANY respect for a man who has lied to them for this many years.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2006, 10:50:54 PM »

I rele dont know how anyone can have ANY respect for a man who has lied to them for this many years.

This article was already posted.  Please learn to use the search.

This is the main reason why mods can barely post because they are too busy moving stuff to where it belongs. Angry
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2006, 10:51:41 PM »

I really don't know how your mother didn't decide to abort you as a fetus You're right, I agree with you.  Roll Eyes

Axl Rose has ALWAYS said he never liked the hair metal scene. This is nothing new. That's why we got the UYI records and that's why Slash and Duff left. Axl never was into that stuff and he wanted to distance himself from it.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2006, 10:52:25 PM »

I "rele" can't believe you can't spell "really."

And I really can't believe you think we care about your posts. Are you sad because you really believe Axl and Co. was more badass than NWA?  hihi

gnrevolution.com
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2006, 10:53:02 PM »

And I really can't believe you think we care about your posts. Are you sad because you really believe Axl and Co. was more badass than NWA?  hihi

That's called a good old-fashioned BURN!  ok
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2006, 10:53:06 PM »

now it's getting ridiculous though, are the VR boards really sending out soldiers like minneapolisnewsman said?? hihi

Like peeing clouds!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2006, 10:54:17 PM »

And I really can't believe you think we care about your posts. Are you sad because you really believe Axl and Co. was more badass than NWA?? hihi

I really can't believe he joined a GNR fan forum just to post this.?

If you don't like the band why are you here?

Too much free time on your hands?

now it's getting ridiculous though, are the VR boards really sending out soldiers like minneapolisnewsman said?? hihi

Yea it's Scott Weiland using 50 usernames, hahaha! rofl
Steel_Angel
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2006, 10:58:46 PM »

Its a joke that this man wasted so many, MANY hours of your peoples lives on this message board.

^^^^ why abortions are legal.. stop posting here. fuck off.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: