Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  when will CD get mastered?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: when will CD get mastered?  (Read 4449 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« on: September 16, 2006, 07:03:40 AM »

that will be the real sign that the album will be definitely out this year.
so far we had no news of the cd getting mastered, and I guess it usually takes a few weeks to master.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 07:37:08 AM »

Takes a couple of days usually. For Chinese Democracy, I'd say expand that to a week. With the tour starting tonight, you would expect the mastering to be done.  The break between warmups and tour you would expect to be for promotion, so the album should be finished by now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastering

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

so far we had no news of the cd getting mastered

That doesn't mean anything, I wouldn't expect to hear any news, this is GnR. I remember some guy who's sister's friend's cousin's, sister in law, or something like that, said it was getting mastered. That was about six months ago, so that rumour was bullshit.

SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 07:44:16 AM »

how long is a piece of string??

Huh

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 07:48:48 AM »

Huh

Double the length from the middle to one of the ends. ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 07:55:54 AM »

That doesn't mean anything, I wouldn't expect to hear any news, this is GnR. I remember some guy who's sister's friend's cousin's, sister in law, or something like that, said it was getting mastered. That was about six months ago, so that rumour was bullshit.

nah. I'd expect the info to be made public.
the mastering companies are not used to the paranoid security GNR is used to.
in december last year some mastering company had a GNR album on its list as being mastered, but they later said it was not cd...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 07:59:49 AM »

nah. I'd expect the info to be made public.
the mastering companies are not used to the paranoid security GNR is used to.
in december last year some mastering company had a GNR album on its list as being mastered, but they later said it was not cd...

If GnR told them not to reveal any details, and put them under contract not to release details, they would not do so. Doesn't everyone involved have to take on a vow of secrecy?

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 08:25:11 AM »

we'd know it instantly.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 09:22:10 AM »

we'd know it instantly.

Why would we know instantly? If GNR made them sign a contract with legal ramifications if any info leak, then we wouldn't know.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 09:34:21 AM »

1st. GNR would not make them sign a contract
2nd the company would not sign it
       - they wouldnt sign it because it's imposible for the company to keep it a secret
       - and even if the company were to oblige to keep it a secret, the news would have found it's way to the surface through an unofficial channel.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 09:38:54 AM »

- they wouldnt sign it because it's imposible for the company to keep it a secret
       - and even if the company were to oblige to keep it a secret, the news would have found it's way to the surface through an unofficial channel.

You honestly think GNR wouldn't make someone sign a confidentiality agreement? So you think that everyone close to the band has just been not talking about anything they may know to be nice?

As for the second part, it's actually not that hard to get a company and it's employees to go along with something like that.

My point in the end is that, I'm pretty sure everything to do with the album except the announcement and actual release is done at this point. I mean, we're getting it within the next 15 weeks. All that stuff's gotta be done I would think.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 09:40:42 AM »

It might already be mastered, we dont know.  Obviously something from GNR was being mastered, we just dont know what

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 09:58:03 AM »

? ? ? ?- they wouldnt sign it because it's imposible for the company to keep it a secret
? ? ? ?- and even if the company were to oblige to keep it a secret, the news would have found it's way to the surface through an unofficial channel.

You honestly think GNR wouldn't make someone sign a confidentiality agreement? So you think that everyone close to the band has just been not talking about anything they may know to be nice?

As for the second part, it's actually not that hard to get a company and it's employees to go along with something like that.

My point in the end is that, I'm pretty sure everything to do with the album except the announcement and actual release is done at this point. I mean, we're getting it within the next 15 weeks. All that stuff's gotta be done I would think.

gnr might request it, but nobody in their sain mind would sign it.

imagine this. 
firm signs the agreement that the info wont leak.
chris pittman gets high, tells it to a prostitute.
prostitue leaks it.
firm gets sued and must pay millions.
there's no legal way to controle that, so there's no way that they would sign such a ridicules agreement.

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 10:01:02 AM »

It might already be mastered, we dont know.? Obviously something from GNR was being mastered, we just dont know what

I agree, but that was in december.
axl in january said the album isnt complete.

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 10:18:49 AM »

imagine this. 
firm signs the agreement that the info wont leak.
chris pittman gets high, tells it to a prostitute.
prostitue leaks it.
firm gets sued and must pay millions.
there's no legal way to controle that, so there's no way that they would sign such a ridicules agreement.

What world do you people live in???

A. Do you think the secrecy clause will state that the firm would pay millions for simply telling people 'they are the client who is currently mastering Chinese Democracy"?? This isn't a cure for AIDS or anything they're working on.. Now maybe if they leaked the CD and the album was "coincidentally" on the internet two days after they began mastering it, then yeah, penalties would be up in the millions.

B. Do you think, when offered to master an album, a client would actually choose not to because of the way they want it handled very discreetly? If so, fine, turn down the offer, GnR can goto another client who will accept to do it privately. Movies and DVD's are handled this way all the time. Do you know how many people touched the mastered Star Wars films before they were released.. How many people knew ** SPOILER** Darth Vader fell into a volcano at the end of the final Prequel?!! Secrets are kept in the industry.. And while people are looking forward to this album, it's in no way as anticipated by the public as the Star Wars or LOTR movies..

C. Do you think anyone would take a prostitute's word that she "knows" Guns N Roses new album is being mastered, let alone care?? Man I can't wait for that post, that would be the be-all-end-all of posts in this forum.  "Hi, I was picking up a prostitute in LA last night, and I was playing WTTJ, well, you're not gonna believe this, but she said she slept with the keybordist the night before, and he told her the new record is being mastered AS WE SPEAK.. OMG!! "
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 10:23:42 AM »

that will be the real sign that the album will be definitely out this year.
so far we had no news of the cd getting mastered, and I guess it usually takes a few weeks to master.

SOON!
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 10:26:51 AM »

A. Do you think the secrecy clause will state that the firm would pay millions for simply telling people 'they are the client who is currently mastering Chinese Democracy"?? This isn't a cure for AIDS or anything they're working on.. Now maybe if they leaked the CD and the album was "coincidentally" on the internet two days after they began mastering it, then yeah, penalties would be up in the millions.

tru! it's not the cure for aids. why the fuck keep it a secret that it's being matered?

B. Do you think, when offered to master an album, a client would actually choose not to because of the way they want it handled very discreetly? If so, fine, turn down the offer, GnR can goto another client who will accept to do it privately. Movies and DVD's are handled this way all the time. Do you know how many people touched the mastered Star Wars films before they were released.. How many people knew ** SPOILER** Darth Vader fell into a volcano at the end of the final Prequel?!! Secrets are kept in the industry.. And while people are looking forward to this album, it's in no way as anticipated by the public as the Star Wars or LOTR movies..

well you did know that star wars was being edited/released. you knew almost every member of the cast.

C. Do you think anyone would take a prostitute's word that she "knows" Guns N Roses new album is being mastered, let alone care?? Man I can't wait for that post, that would be the be-all-end-all of posts in this forum.? "Hi, I was picking up a prostitute in LA last night, and I was playing WTTJ, well, you're not gonna believe this, but she said she slept with the keybordist the night before, and he told her the new record is being mastered AS WE SPEAK.. OMG!! "

it doesnt need to be a prostitute... many credible people would know

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 10:38:12 AM »

credible people wouldn't tell.

Huh

Double the length from the middle to one of the ends. ok

does that make a hairs breadth? or a braids length?
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 10:40:07 AM »

credible people let the songs leak on the internet... intentionaly or unitentionaly they did.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 10:49:54 AM »

Then they are not credible.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: