Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:14:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  09/17/06 Update Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 09/17/06 Update Thread  (Read 49687 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2006, 05:24:51 AM »

hey guys...just got back

some some questions, and yes there was a piano jam before NR.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2006, 05:27:21 AM »

cheers for the updates guys, greatly appreciated from the other side of the pond (and all over am sure). ?Sounds great - ?wish I'd been there...

and yes, stop whining some of you! what the hell are you on??? You're becoming the board's very own TD for chissakes! (TD - technical difficulties)

:peace:Gn'R peace
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2006, 05:28:55 AM »

Now ... :
Trully ... AXL needs to change this setlist ... its totally predictible ...
THE 2 night were just the same ...
Its has no kind of reason to do this shows ...
At least i think that a warm up show would be teasting all the bands capassity for the tour

In my previous post I asked you how many times have you seen GN'R in 2006.

I found the answer in the HTGTH fan survey.

You have not seen them once in 2006, yet you say how bad TWAT sounded in Madrid, and how boring is the setlist.

Check my previous post about the whinning. You're one of the people I'm talking about...

anythinggoes
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2006, 05:30:08 AM »

Athens: Pink Panther theme, Light My Fire and that moon, oh my God, that moon.

and dont forget anythinggoes hihi

Look people like it or lump it this will basically be the going setlist until the album is announced or released, so get over it a lot of the people going to the show havnt seen GNR live so why not give them the old songs, its not like your not getting any new ones at all is it.

Two of the eight shows i went to only had 1 new song The Blues did you see me bitching and moaning no and i didnt see anyone at them shows moaning either Maybe confussion at Wembley. The only bitching seems to be people in threads that havent even been to a show. Try going to a show you might actually find yourself enjoying it.
kevinb222
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2006, 05:34:41 AM »

Yeah.  I "watched" the East Coast and European shows from HTGTH - and "just watching" got boring and made me cynical.  Being able to stroll up twelve people from the front and hear some the best lyrics in the best rock voice is UNBELIEVABLE.  It's rock-n-roll, not brain-surgery.  Enjoy.

BTW - Forgot to mention a fellow-fan ran into Axl in the Hard Rock workout room about two hours before the show.  Amazing!!

BTW - This American thinks Europe has saved Rock-n-Roll.  Your passion and devotion are amazing.  Thank you!!
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2006, 05:38:55 AM »

I think playing four or five new songs per gig is a pretty good number until the album is out, but they could really up the excitement of these gigs if they mixed up the oldies a bit. It wouldn't kill them to throw a Civil War or Yesterdays in there once in a while. I went to all the Vegas gigs in past years, but held out this time just because I knew it would be the same show.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2006, 07:23:22 AM »

I just can't understand the moaning about the setlist. Whether it changes or not is not even relevant.

Who are the shows/setlist for? The people at the concert, right? Surely we can agree on that! It's not for people sitting on the internet counting what's played where.

The majority of people who go to the concerts go to one concert and don't give a fuck, or even know what was played at the other concerts. Some people on here are so stuck in their internet world, that they forget the real one.

@#$%Funker
SLCPUNK
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2006, 07:52:47 AM »

I just can't understand the moaning about the setlist. Whether it changes or not is not even relevant.

Who are the shows/setlist for? The people at the concert, right? Surely we can agree on that! It's not for people sitting on the internet counting what's played where.

The majority of people who go to the concerts go to one concert and don't give a fuck, or even know what was played at the other concerts. Some people on here are so stuck in their internet world, that they forget the real one.

@#$%Funker

Stuck indeed.

Again, what a bunch of fuckin crybabies.

Concert was amazing, the crowd was loving it.  Cool

There was one sour puss next to us though: Fat guy, long pork chops, thick glasses, who paid 150 bucks so he could shout "It's not the same without Slash!". While Dizzy was playing he would scream "You suck, I don't care about you, I came here to see Axl." He screamed the same type of crap at Finck too..........why would anybody pay 150 bucks to scream "Slash" at this new group? I'd make a huge bet that he was a poster on this board, friggin 10-1.

I've never seen such a bunch of unappreciative crybabies in my life then on this board. Most of all are living in 1991, wrapped up in some internet fantasy world where they know what is best for Axl, what he should play, how he should play it. Roll Eyes Get a fucking life.
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2006, 09:14:35 AM »

- Weirdest moment was hanging out near Steven Adler and his small entourage around 10:00 just outside the front doors.  (Guilty of no photos - sorry.)  They talked to some dude wearing a 'Pink Floyd' shirt who was trying to get them backstage.  It's weird to be so close to a legend, yet feel really sympathetic for him.

WTF!!!
Steve Adler was there???
please explain  hihi
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2006, 09:15:32 AM »

I totally understand the moaning about the setlists. I saw them at Hammerstein this year and while it was a great show in many aspects, it also had a huge deal of predictability.

Ill see their shows when they hit the east coast, however I really hope they start to do something new. The pre Illusion 1991 shows were so often changed it was crazy and they didnt give two shits about "pleasing the fans with hits".

I want to see what this bands capabilities are, if you are sitting on a goldmine of incredible songs, why not play them? Surely they will become the classics we all enjoy from Appetite.

I know they can nail Jungle and the rest of Appetite, and the new tunes sound pretty sweet, but you shouldnt have to play nearly 60shows of the same opening trio of songs. Its inexcusable.

Pretty Tied Up, Right Next Door To Hell, Perfect Crime, Welcome to the Jungle, Nightrain, Its So Easy, You Could be Mine, Out Ta Get Me were all used to open up the Illusions tour.

Give us some fun. ?ok

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2006, 09:21:17 AM »

Thanks for the updates people...While I was watching football yesterday I realized the GNR had just played their first show for the warmup part of the tour.....Thank God.....We should all just enjoy the fact that they ARE playing shows and they sound excellent. All the new stuff - updated setlists, album, single, video - will come to us in time. Just be patient and for those of you who are whining.......stop being selfish and appreciate the fact that you are seeing such an amazing band and an amazing lead singer in your lifetime and in your youth. Their are A LOT of things that are much more important to be complaining about like a little bitch.....CD will be in our possession in due time...... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2006, 09:31:43 AM »

- Weirdest moment was hanging out near Steven Adler and his small entourage around 10:00 just outside the front doors.  (Guilty of no photos - sorry.)  They talked to some dude wearing a 'Pink Floyd' shirt who was trying to get them backstage.  It's weird to be so close to a legend, yet feel really sympathetic for him.

WTF!!!
Steve Adler was there???
please explain  hihi

Steven Adler lives in Las Vegas. It's not hard to believe that he tried to get backstage...

welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2006, 09:35:01 AM »

Any in-depth reviews yet?

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2006, 10:24:15 AM »

I wanna hear if Adler got backstage - that would be funny.

I'd love to hear a story about that!   peace@#$%Funker
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2006, 10:29:26 AM »

I wanna hear if Adler got backstage - that would be funny.

I'd love to hear a story about that!? ?peace@#$%Funker

There's no way Adler would be allowed backstage. He's always saying he wants a reunion and has been writing to Axl asking him to do it.
Can you imagine, Axl walks off stage and Adler is there asking about a reunion and trying to get his hands on some drugs.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2006, 10:29:36 AM »

Any in-depth reviews yet?

None that I've seen. Just whining about the setlist per usual.  Undecided

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2006, 10:49:26 AM »

Where are the fucking media reviews??
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2006, 12:37:25 PM »

@#$%Funker

Stuck indeed.

Again, what a bunch of fuckin crybabies.

Concert was amazing, the crowd was loving it.  Cool

There was one sour puss next to us though: Fat guy, long pork chops, thick glasses, who paid 150 bucks so he could shout "It's not the same without Slash!". While Dizzy was playing he would scream "You suck, I don't care about you, I came here to see Axl." He screamed the same type of crap at Finck too..........why would anybody pay 150 bucks to scream "Slash" at this new group? I'd make a huge bet that he was a poster on this board, friggin 10-1.

I've never seen such a bunch of unappreciative crybabies in my life then on this board. Most of all are living in 1991, wrapped up in some internet fantasy world where they know what is best for Axl, what he should play, how he should play it. Roll Eyes Get a fucking life.

Here, here. Well said.

If you are one of the ones moaning about the setlist but havent actually seen the band - shut up and go see them.
We are the hardcore here - if you know of GNR and arent necessarily a big fan i.e. a casual fan. You would want to hear all 'the hits'. They are such a huge band with well known songs that many are undropable. You have to play Jungle, SCOM, Nov Rain etc.

Axl aint here to satisfy the few of us borderline obsessives he wants the band to be mainstream popular. We are very lucky to be hearing so many New songs (yes that includes one's played at Rio/Vegas 01) before the album is out.

He aint going to rock up and start playing estranged. Get used to it.

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2006, 12:48:11 PM »

You make a really good, correct point Greg. BUT I wouldn't make it seem too outta the question for Axl to play a song or two for the diehard fans. Many bands that are as popular as GNR play the hits plus a few for the diehard fans. It's not asking a lot from Axl and the band, but GNR will do things how they want and well, how they are used to.

Edit, sorry for making the point more based toward you Greg, but it's more just a general statement toward others. I know people have said the same things I have said, just thought I would say it though, just so it's not all kept in haha.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 12:50:57 PM by Ak1nney » Logged
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2006, 12:49:39 PM »

You make a really good, correct point Greg. BUT I wouldn't make it seem too outta the question for Axl to play a song or two for the diehard fans. Many bands that are as popular as GNR play the hits plus a few for the diehard fans. It's not asking a lot from Axl and the band, but GNR will do things how they want and well, how they are used to.

they plays 4 or 5 songs for the DiHard fans.

the casual fans don't know the leaked demos dude.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: