Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:24:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  09/17/06 Update Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 09/17/06 Update Thread  (Read 49680 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2006, 12:51:39 PM »

review in the on tour section! along with pics!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2006, 12:52:25 PM »

i'd like to say the new songs are really, really promizing. I liked them all. This is probbaly one of the best positive point out there.
I re-discovered "madagascar", and "Chinese Democracy" is a strong Rocker. That song is under-rated among the fans i think.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 12:56:09 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2006, 12:52:49 PM »

ya but their new songs, not older songs that the older gnr fans know. I get what you're saying though... I'm just on the side of that its not unreasonable to throw in some older songs that the diehards love.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2006, 01:10:37 PM »

not everyone here is a crybaby. Just several ish posters are.

prolly the same people will be whinning about as how they don't play enough AFD songs in the future. hihi

i'd like to say the new songs are really, really promizing. I liked them all. This is probbaly one of the best positive point out there.
I re-discovered "madagascar", and "Chinese Democracy" is a strong Rocker. That song is under-rated among the fans i think.

good call.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2006, 01:17:40 PM »

no pics from this show?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2006, 01:18:29 PM »

no pics from this show?

check out the 'GN'R on tour' section...  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2006, 01:27:57 PM »

Ok Guys, heres my review. I went to the Rainbow agian at about 5:30, started drinkin, didnt quit until 4am . Anyways, the show started and ended a bit later than Saturday. As you've already seen, same setlist, Used to love her instead of Rocket Queen. I skipped Hoobastank, went in about 10 minutes after they finished. Once Jungle started, got to the front pretty much right away. Robin was so wasted Smiley i got to hug him when he came down in front. During one song he sat down onstage and faced his amps and played for a couple minutes. At the end of patience, something happend, Axl ran of stage, I could see him yelling at someone, then right after that, and for the rest of the show, merck was running back and forth in front of the stage, almost like they were looking for someone. I was able to hear Axl a lot more tonight, he was way louder in the mix. At the end of Used to Love her, Axl said soemthing to the effect "We invited Izzy, he's off racing his truck in Mexico, but hes here in spirit" all in all, great show, I'm mad that the weekends over, oh well, I get to see them again in 2 weeks in bakersfield!!

Ok, the one moment that pissed me off.....I REALLY wanted the mic......Oh, and I noticed that Axl uses a different Mic for Paradise that he throws. Anyways, at the very end of Paradise, I moved back to the middle of the floor, where I saw the mic go the ngiht before. He throws it, goes rght over my head, I turn around, people are all jumping for iti saw it get kicked, and I jump for it....i was 12 inches away....ya know what happend?  Security was throwing people out of the way, and a security guard got it....that pisses me off...that is something for the fans, i was pissed, but oh well, nothign I can do about it, great fuckin show!!

Axl is God.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2006, 01:51:04 PM »

Ok Guys, heres my review. I went to the Rainbow agian at about 5:30, started drinkin, didnt quit until 4am . Anyways, the show started and ended a bit later than Saturday. As you've already seen, same setlist, Used to love her instead of Rocket Queen. I skipped Hoobastank, went in about 10 minutes after they finished. Once Jungle started, got to the front pretty much right away. Robin was so wasted Smiley i got to hug him when he came down in front. During one song he sat down onstage and faced his amps and played for a couple minutes. At the end of patience, something happend, Axl ran of stage, I could see him yelling at someone, then right after that, and for the rest of the show, merck was running back and forth in front of the stage, almost like they were looking for someone. I was able to hear Axl a lot more tonight, he was way louder in the mix. At the end of Used to Love her, Axl said soemthing to the effect "We invited Izzy, he's off racing his truck in Mexico, but hes here in spirit" all in all, great show, I'm mad that the weekends over, oh well, I get to see them again in 2 weeks in bakersfield!!

Ok, the one moment that pissed me off.....I REALLY wanted the mic......Oh, and I noticed that Axl uses a different Mic for Paradise that he throws. Anyways, at the very end of Paradise, I moved back to the middle of the floor, where I saw the mic go the ngiht before. He throws it, goes rght over my head, I turn around, people are all jumping for iti saw it get kicked, and I jump for it....i was 12 inches away....ya know what happend?  Security was throwing people out of the way, and a security guard got it....that pisses me off...that is something for the fans, i was pissed, but oh well, nothign I can do about it, great fuckin show!!

Thanks for the review and I can't believe the fucking security guard got the mic.  That's fucking bull shit.  I would have taken that mother fucker down for that microphone, security or not.  But I'm glad you had a fun and safe time this weekend.  That's fucking awesome.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2006, 02:10:17 PM »

What is going on with all the setlist? BORING! Boring in the sense that a ?new album is "supposed" to be right around the corner and these guys are more and more starting to look like a cover band. Also whats' with all the damn solos? Dizzy's doing solos now? Solos kill the flow of the show in my opinion. ?Whatever. how does the band sound tonight? anybody know? If they sound tight at least thats' a ?positive.

What's wrong with the setlist?? I'm sure new songs will be added to the set when the album comes out.  I went to the concert with someone that has never seen GNR live.  The setlist they have been playing is perfect for new and old fans.  Oh and the band sounded awesome on Saturday and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't sound amazing Sunday.

The solos were fine and not too long.  Dizzy's solo actually kicked ass.  Although Slash's solos kicked ass, the old GNR had a lot more solos (bagged on as being boring in the day).  Maybe you miss the 15-minute Matt Sorum drum solo.

Do you guys that bitch at the setlist really believe that playing 10 CD songs, 4 or 5 which have not been heard, would be better for GNR??  The setlist now satisifies a greater range of GNR fans and not just fans like us who know every setlist since NY.  If you want to keep moaning about the same thing every concert, why not just wait for those special accoustic 5am shows.  But then again, you will still be disappointed that the setlist doesn't live up to YOUR expectations.
chris75
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2006, 02:36:12 PM »

The set list lacks imagination for the ever fathfull followers such as ourselves but the reality is that the majority of the crowd will be experiencing new guns for the first time and also getting reaqauainted with the material after a long abscence. Also the new guys dont want to be burdend with learning more from the vast back catologue of material, the time is coming ever closer when they can display creations that they had a hand in and realy cement there prints on the guns n roses name. Dont get me wrong theres nothing that id love to hear more than civil war , estranged and dont cry, but the reality is it aint gonna happen. I would have major reservations about axl being able to do justice to these songs live even if he did decide to play to them, I am content to listen to the original\ recordings. Anybody who thinks axls voice is stronger than ever is seriously misguided, listen to knocking on heavens door from the freddie tribute in 92, the vocal histrioncs were the most powerfull of the day, there was a richness and textural depth the axl will never regain, the racous delivery that is so integral to several numbers is no longer there. The voice in general though is much better than 2002 and on the new songs especially better axl delivery is fantastic. The new material will complement axl 2006 voice and  we will get less and less old songs. This is a new band and one which is continualy evolving, I am excited and eager to hear` new material, great versions of old songs will not be enough to sustain this reincarnation of the guns n roses beast, only a relevant album which connects with a new audience will be suffice. Its not and never has been a case of winning over a disenfranchised fanbase, it,s winning over a fan base that is yet to be yours, that is the challenge. Yearning for old material while understandable is also myopic and counter productive to the goals of the band. Guns have allways given way to much time for solo meanderings and pretentious and pointless mastubatory solos, i am dissapointed that the new band is continuing with this course, its very spinal tap and utterly destroys any momentum that has been gained. The only solo i ever liked what slashs inro to double talkin jive, the godfather theme. By the way does anybody have any photos of pete Poslthewaite from the vegas show.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2006, 02:41:47 PM »

are there less solos and jams now compared to the beggining of the europeean tour?.. or you just don't post the jams in the update?
Bono
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2006, 03:02:42 PM »

Do you guys that bitch at the setlist really believe that playing 10 CD songs, 4 or 5 which have not been heard, would be better for GNR??? The setlist now satisifies a greater range of GNR fans and not just fans like us who know every setlist since NY.? If you want to keep moaning about the same thing every concert, why not just wait for those special accoustic 5am shows.? But then again, you will still be disappointed that the setlist doesn't live up to YOUR expectations.

I bitch about the set beacause to me they show a total lack of progress and forward motion by this band. The sets are almost the same as they were in 2002.  I know that the "real tour" starts on October 24th so I'll keep a bit of faith that after that point things are gonna change. I also bitch at the lack of mention regarding CD towards the fans. If these concerts are in fact warm up gigs why not just say that. If Axl were to say that then there woudl be no bitching about the setlists I can gaurentee that.. Well almost no bitching rofl
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2006, 03:07:15 PM »

who thinks axls voice is stronger than ever

Me! me! Me!
I wonder what could misguide me. maybe belcanto.  Cheesy

What's wrong with the setlist??

appearently some fans made all the shows of this year so far. lucky people aren't they?
and yet whining! hihi
chris75
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2006, 03:29:24 PM »

Well you can't lose what you lacked at conception ppbebe, Although your ignorance is still inexcusable. Im sure that many peoles minds on this forum have no reccolection what so ever pre 95.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2006, 03:39:14 PM »

Well you can't lose what you lacked at conception ppbebe, Although your ignorance is still inexcusable. Im sure that many peoles minds on this forum have no reccolection what so ever pre 95.

Why don't you lay off and let people have their own opinion....

Axl has sounded great on some of the rock am performances... such as "nightrain" for one.

peace
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2006, 03:48:06 PM »

Shockingly enough, there are people as well, or better informed than you that still don't agree with you - myself included. I'll spare you the accompanying digression on the mechanics of vocal technique. Also, as much as I could give a toss for post counts, do you really want to set the tone this early in your tenure here that you consider your comprehension of all things GNR superior to the average poster?

edit: not that I'm saying you're average ppebe.  Wink
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2006, 04:20:10 PM »

- Weirdest moment was hanging out near Steven Adler and his small entourage around 10:00 just outside the front doors.  (Guilty of no photos - sorry.)  They talked to some dude wearing a 'Pink Floyd' shirt who was trying to get them backstage.  It's weird to be so close to a legend, yet feel really sympathetic for him.

Adler was there?!?! What a sight I wonder if Axl was aware.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2006, 04:27:16 PM »

was steven adler really there??

i don?t really believe it, but it would be nice anyways.... especially if he talked to axl...

did jarmo complain about the setlist by the way?  i mean he went to 10 shows (excluding the accoustic one of course - different setlist...)

i don`t think so.... yet people who didn`t even go to one show are whining about the set list....   it just doesn?t make any sense...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2006, 04:46:13 PM »

was steven adler really there??

i don?t really believe it, but it would be nice anyways.... especially if he talked to axl...

did jarmo complain about the setlist by the way?? i mean he went to 10 shows (excluding the accoustic one of course - different setlist...)

i don`t think so.... yet people who didn`t even go to one show are whining about the set list....? ?it just doesn?t make any sense...

+1 It's so refreshing when someone actually makes a logical post.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2006, 05:00:57 PM »

are there any pictures from this show?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: