Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:57:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227829 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  09/17/06 Update Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 09/17/06 Update Thread  (Read 49663 times)
Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2006, 04:22:10 AM »

Setlist:

1. Intro
2. Welcome to the Jungle
3. It's so Easy
4. Mr. Brownstone
5. Live and Let Die
6. Fink Solo
7. Sweet Child O' Mine
8. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
9. You Could Be Mine
10. Piano Moving Jam
11. Dizzy Solo
12. Blues
13. Band Intro
14. Better
15. Fortus Solo - Beautiful
16. Out Ta Get Me
17. Piano Moving Jame
18. Axl Piano Solo - November Rain
19. Ron Solo
20. My Michelle
21. IRS
22. Used to Love Her
23. Patience
24. Nightrain

Encore
25. Madagascar
26. Paradise City

AGAIN, THANKS A LOT for your uploading ...
You rock
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2006, 04:22:21 AM »

damn
thank you for all your had work u made my night dude love it thank u to u and cotis

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2006, 04:22:53 AM »

damn
thank you for all your had work u made my night dude love it thank u to u and cotis

You're welcome.... and I hope everyone enjoyed the updates! peace peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Bono
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2006, 04:22:59 AM »

What is going on with all the setlist? BORING! Boring in the sense that a ?new album is "supposed" to be right around the corner and these guys are more and more starting to look like a cover band. Also whats' with all the damn solos? Dizzy's doing solos now? Solos kill the flow of the show in my opinion. ?Whatever. how does the band sound tonight? anybody know? If they sound tight at least thats' a ?positive.
Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2006, 04:23:13 AM »

damn

AND COTIS !! FOR SURE ...
than you both guys !!
Bono
« Reply #185 on: September 18, 2006, 04:23:36 AM »

damn

You're welcome.... and I hope everyone enjoyed the updates! peace peace

yeah cheers for that. Pretty cool that you did that for everyone. beer
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2006, 04:24:27 AM »

My hat's off to Cotis... You're welcome, on behalf of both of us. 

beer

LLAD
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2006, 04:24:59 AM »

Good work you 2! ok
Thank you!!
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2006, 04:26:09 AM »

Good work you 2! ok
Thank you!!

Sure.. maybe they'll fix this darn Karma point now (and for EFISH) hihi

Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2006, 04:28:30 AM »

Now ... :
Trully ... AXL needs to change this setlist ... its totally predictible ...
THE 2 night were just the same ...
Its has no kind of reason to do this shows ...
At least i think that a warm up show would be teasting all the bands capassity for the tour

Anyway, I'm happy that AXL is still doing shows, and his voice is great
The band have always sounded great in 06'
Bono
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2006, 04:33:40 AM »

Now ... :
At least i think that a warm up show would be teasting all the bands capassity for the tour

Anyway, I'm happy that AXL is still doing shows, and his voice is great
The band have always sounded great in 06'

I agree. It's getting really lame. Again though I suppose there's a method to all this. Maybe all this stuff is just a warm up for the "real tour" which starts October 24th. If nothing changes after October 24th than I don't think theres' ever gonna be an album. Like you said though the one positive thing is the band sounds good even if the shows are mostly a tribute to old Gn'R. Roll Eyes
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2006, 04:36:09 AM »

The show ended at 1:32..

The first review says 'FUCKING AWESOME'

This is it for me.. all updates are consolidated on the first page. 

Enjoy! Goodnight! And remember...

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW
- Blues GNR

Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2006, 04:38:20 AM »

The show ended at 1:32..

The first review says 'FUCKING AWESOME'

This is it for me.. all updates are consolidated on the first page.?

Enjoy! Goodnight! And remember...

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW
- Blues GNR

Good Night !!
Take care

i'm going right now too ... Cheesy
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2006, 04:42:41 AM »

man, i just woke up....

sounds like a good show

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2006, 04:44:27 AM »

Thanks for those who provided the updates. I greatly appreciate your patience and work to rely the messages to us.
I think the guys should of played some new material during the Vegas shows, maybe they are just freshing up and they will throw some new stuff into the cali warmups. I dont really want to bitch about the setlists because I am very happy that we have the honor to have this band playing live again. These warmup shows are going to mostly have the die hard fans in attendance and most of us already know what setlists have been played during the Euro tour, and during the Vegas shows, we are mostly the only ones bitching. However the general people in the US need to know Chinese is really going to be coming out before they support this band, and what better way to do that than mix in a couple more new songs. Keep the staple Guns songs and dish out some new material. This is a reason why the 2002 tour shows did not sell out. Most people need a product to support it. Again I am not bitching I am happy as fuck to have Axl and the guys back in the states playing music. I have supported Guns since I was 8 years old and I dont want them to fail they hold the potential to rule the world again.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2006, 04:48:03 AM »

We will not hear a previously unheard song before the release of the single/album. I strongly believe this. At the very least, tonight I was hoping to hear Rhiad with the new band and the restored voice or at least an Illusion song.

But it's all good since Axl is out and touring.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
kevinb222
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2006, 05:17:53 AM »

Saw '91 in Dallas, '92 or so in Seattle and Vancouver, as well as House of Blues 01.01.01 and Joint 01.01.02.

This show was REALLY good.  Thoughts:

- No Rocket Queen.  They did play "Used to Love Her". 

- Axl seems much more comfortable then past Vegas shows.  It's great to see them after the European tour so they are at the top of their game rather than a true warm-up.  Axl had major sound difficutlites and bitched specifically about feedback on the right side.

- I'm pretty sure he mentioned that he asked Izzy to be there but it just didnt' work out so he sent his best wishes.

- I bumped with the crowd on the front right.  Not sure why people show up early so they can stand there and get pissed if you jump around.

- Two of the Hoob guys came down near the end to watch from the crowd.  They were mouthing the AFD lyrics and seemed awed.

- Most amazed that I was the only one in that section who knew lyrics to new songs.  I guess a Sunday night crowd is not going to be die-hards who traveled to be there, just locals.  (I came from LA.)

- Weirdest moment was hanging out near Steven Adler and his small entourage around 10:00 just outside the front doors.  (Guilty of no photos - sorry.)  They talked to some dude wearing a 'Pink Floyd' shirt who was trying to get them backstage.  It's weird to be so close to a legend, yet feel really sympathetic for him. 

- Some guys on my side were throwing cups and flipping off Axl.  I don't get it??  Must be locals who squeezed in.  Security eventually caught up with them and dragged them out.  Impressive!! Axl dodged a highly arched cup and kept his cool.

- Chatted up a couple of random people.  Amazed that three of people I spoke to were huge '90's fans yet don't follow any website.  I plugged this HTGTH incessantly.

- For whatever reasons, was disappointed by the '02 Joint performance.  This one rocked so immenesly I was wishing I went the night before.

- Great show.  As Hammerstein and Hammersmith folks know, the small arena is an amazing experience.  I'm blowing off Inland Invastion and San Diego, hoping the pop up here again.

Hoping CD released soon!!
-K
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2006, 05:18:19 AM »

I think I know why Axl doesn't want to play TWAT ...
Its because in Madrid it was horrible ... and only because of his voice
It requests to much of his vocal capassity ...

Excuse me but I was in Madrid and TWAT was amazing. The reason why they won't play it is cause it's a long and difficult song for the crowd to get into... It's like playing Estranged back in 1991 before the albums were out.

Now ... :

How many shows have you attented so far in 2006?

For all the others that keep on crying about the same setlist. It's getting boring.

All you do is sit back at home, read the internet, and cry cause they won't change the setlist. You're not at the show.

Everybody who's going to the shows loves them. At least the majority.

I mean, GET REAL. Go to a show, if you don't like it don't go again.

But this constant whinning about the same setlist is annoying.

I've been to 6 shows on this European tour and they were all amazing, even though they played mostly the same songs at every show.

However each show was different.

Madrid: TWAT, CD, and let's not forget the soundcheck we got to listen before the show.
Lisbon: One of the biggest festivals in the world, Tommy broke his bass, amazing show
Athens: Pink Panther theme, Light My Fire and that moon, oh my God, that moon.
Wembley 1: Sailing, Izzy with the band and 2 other covers
Acoustic: Well, no need for any comments on this one
Wembley 2: You gotta move by Izzy and Del, Sebastian singing the last song and half of nightrain

I'm getting really pissed off at all of you who sit at your pc, read the updates and all you can say is:

"THIS IS NOT EXCITING, CHANGE THE LIST".

All I can tell you is:

YOU ARE NOT EXCITING, GO TO A FUCKIN SHOW!

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2006, 05:21:38 AM »

Read this guy's post carefully and tell me he didn't get excited.

Get a fuckin ticket and go to a show, then cry all you want. But please stop doing it on the update threads while you're back home...

Saw '91 in Dallas, '92 or so in Seattle and Vancouver, as well as House of Blues 01.01.01 and Joint 01.01.02.

This show was REALLY good.  Thoughts:

- No Rocket Queen.  They did play "Used to Love Her". 

- Axl seems much more comfortable then past Vegas shows.  It's great to see them after the European tour so they are at the top of their game rather than a true warm-up.  Axl had major sound difficutlites and bitched specifically about feedback on the right side.

- I'm pretty sure he mentioned that he asked Izzy to be there but it just didnt' work out so he sent his best wishes.

- I bumped with the crowd on the front right.  Not sure why people show up early so they can stand there and get pissed if you jump around.

- Two of the Hoob guys came down near the end to watch from the crowd.  They were mouthing the AFD lyrics and seemed awed.

- Most amazed that I was the only one in that section who knew lyrics to new songs.  I guess a Sunday night crowd is not going to be die-hards who traveled to be there, just locals.  (I came from LA.)

- Weirdest moment was hanging out near Steven Adler and his small entourage around 10:00 just outside the front doors.  (Guilty of no photos - sorry.)  They talked to some dude wearing a 'Pink Floyd' shirt who was trying to get them backstage.  It's weird to be so close to a legend, yet feel really sympathetic for him. 

- Some guys on my side were throwing cups and flipping off Axl.  I don't get it??  Must be locals who squeezed in.  Security eventually caught up with them and dragged them out.  Impressive!! Axl dodged a highly arched cup and kept his cool.

- Chatted up a couple of random people.  Amazed that three of people I spoke to were huge '90's fans yet don't follow any website.  I plugged this HTGTH incessantly.

- For whatever reasons, was disappointed by the '02 Joint performance.  This one rocked so immenesly I was wishing I went the night before.

- Great show.  As Hammerstein and Hammersmith folks know, the small arena is an amazing experience.  I'm blowing off Inland Invastion and San Diego, hoping the pop up here again.

Hoping CD released soon!!
-K

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2006, 05:21:53 AM »

I think I know why Axl doesn't want to play TWAT ...
Its because in Madrid it was horrible ... and only because of his voice
It requests to much of his vocal capassity ...

Excuse me but I was in Madrid and TWAT was amazing. The reason why they won't play it is cause it's a long and difficult song for the crowd to get into... It's like playing Estranged back in 1991 before the albums were out.

Now ... :

How many shows have you attented so far in 2006?

For all the others that keep on crying about the same setlist. It's getting boring.

All you do is sit back at home, read the internet, and cry cause they won't change the setlist. You're not at the show.

Everybody who's going to the shows loves them. At least the majority.

I mean, GET REAL. Go to a show, if you don't like it don't go again.

But this constant whinning about the same setlist is annoying.

I've been to 6 shows on this European tour and they were all amazing, even though they played mostly the same songs at every show.

However each show was different.

Madrid: TWAT, CD, and let's not forget the soundcheck we got to listen before the show.
Lisbon: One of the biggest festivals in the world, Tommy broke his bass, amazing show
Athens: Pink Panther theme, Light My Fire and that moon, oh my God, that moon.
Wembley 1: Sailing, Izzy with the band and 2 other covers
Acoustic: Well, no need for any comments on this one
Wembley 2: You gotta move by Izzy and Del, Sebastian singing the last song and half of nightrain

I'm getting really pissed off at all of you who sit at your pc, read the updates and all you can say is:

"THIS IS NOT EXCITING, CHANGE THE LIST".

All I can tell you is:

YOU ARE NOT EXCITING, GO TO A FUCKIN SHOW!

exactly. I don't get the whining either. The shows are awesome and every show has it's unique specialties.  ok

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: