Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:02:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  lack of interacton with crowd
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: lack of interacton with crowd  (Read 8587 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2006, 08:05:32 PM »

Crwod interaction when done right is great but the way Axl has always done it, is lame. Half the time his interaction has nothing to do with the show and does nothng to improve the show. They're simply rants about nothing.

Please give eamples.

I remember him asking the crowd if they were having a good time, him asking for some security guys to be kicked out and him making fun of the incident in Sweden....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bono
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2006, 08:20:44 PM »

Crwod interaction when done right is great but the way Axl has always done it, is lame. Half the time his interaction has nothing to do with the show and does nothng to improve the show. They're simply rants about nothing.

Please give eamples.

I remember him asking the crowd if they were having a good time, him asking for some security guys to be kicked out and him making fun of the incident in Sweden....

/jarmo

Dude the Warren Beaty thing was lame. the stopping of YCBM at the exact same point(it's staged) on numerous occasions to lecture the crowd on throwing things(which is bad) or to kick out his own security Roll Eyes.  I think his rants are lame as hell. they come off as some guy rambling on about nothing. Asking the crowd if they're having a good time is not interaction. That's standard.  You can interact with the crowd without saying a word.  Even back when I thought Axl was the coolest I never liked his rants and always felt like rolling my eyes whe he did them.  Top be honest I've never thought there is a real connection between fans and Axl durring the shows. In my opinion he seems to distance himself from it and any interaction that he does have comes across as forced or fake in my opinion. I even felt this way at the Hammerstien gig I went to.  He's a great performer but as far as interacting and connecting with the crowd I don't think so. And yes I think you can be one without the other.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2006, 08:37:25 PM »

the Warren Beaty thing

when was it? can't you give an example more recent and clearer? Otherwise that will be taken as an example of decided improvements.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2006, 08:41:31 PM »

He interacted A LOT in RIR3 with Brazilian fans, so I dunno wtf are you talkin' about. Tongue

Bono
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2006, 08:54:06 PM »

the Warren Beaty thing

when was it? can't you give an example more recent and clearer? Otherwise that will be taken as an example of decided improvements.

Wow. Did you not read the entire post. How come some of you feel the need for such extreme specific examples. I gave the examples about stopping the song durring YCBM and in general about his rants.  that's enough. I don' t feel Axl interacts well with the crowd. I don't  feel he ever has and I don't feel he did when I saw him at hammerstein.  there, that's my current example. I saw a freaking show live in 2006 and based my opinion on that.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 09:14:47 PM »

the stopping of YCBM at the exact same point(it's staged) on numerous occasions to lecture the crowd on throwing things(which is bad) or to kick out his own security Roll Eyes

How many times has Axl stopped YCBM? I remember once in '92 and then once again in '06, its not staged. The rants were kinda boring though, I'd rather hear more songs.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 11:00:15 PM »

Wow.
And what this wow stands for?
Did you not read the entire post. How come some of you feel the need for such extreme specific examples.

I did that's why the request. In short you can't think of any clear case.

I gave the examples about stopping the song durring YCBM and in general about his rants.  that's enough. I don' t feel Axl interacts well with the crowd. I don't  feel he ever has and I don't feel he did when I saw him at hammerstein.  there, that's my current example. I saw a freaking show live in 2006 and based my opinion on that.

what holtzmn73 said.
He doesn't make rants lately. instead he makes many witty one liners to the fans and with his band mates.

Those fall flat on a man without understanding..... no
that's not his lack of interaction but yours, essesentially I'm afraid.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2006, 11:27:39 PM »

This is sort of off-topic, but the first post reminded me of something I had'nt thought about in awhile.  I saw GNR/Metallica at the Metrodome in Minneapolis.  During KOHD, the big screens showed different shots backstage.  They showed Hetfield smiling and waving at the camera, and at one point they showed Jim Martin (Faith No More was the opener--this was their last show on the tour--Mike Patton told the crowd that they were "Getting out of the ring").

Just remembered that and thought it was funny.

D

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Bono
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 12:18:44 AM »

what holtzmn73 said.
He doesn't make rants lately. instead he makes many witty one liners to the fans and with his band mates.

Those fall flat on a man without understanding..... no
that's not his lack of interaction but yours, essesentially I'm afraid.

I made my case. I? gave my examples. I'm not gonna list the entire history of Guns to prove my opinion. I saw them this year and made my opinion based on that as well as past concerts. You need to get over the fact that my opinion on this is different than yours. If you guys feel one liners and rants and stopping songs and all that shit is interaction than fine that's great. I think Axl's one liners are lame. I said it before. I don't think he comes across as a guy who feels the need or want for a connection between fan and performer durring the shows. I said I feel his "interaction" comes across as fake or forced. That's my opinion. I'm not trying to tell you guys otherwise or that you're wrong. I don't need to give any further examples. I think seeing them live this year is basis enough for me to form a valid opinion. Like I said I think he's a great performer but as far as interacting with the crowd I think he's pretty poor at it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 12:31:42 AM by Bono » Logged
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 01:39:03 AM »

Crowd interaction's kinda cheesy.

Agreed. This is Guns N' Roses - Not some kind of skidda-marinky-rinky-dink kind of Elephant Show sing along...

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 03:53:00 AM »

I hope Axl never interacts with the crowd like James Hetfield does!? Let's see, it would go something like this:

- My friends!
- My lovely friends!
- You make GN'R very happy!
- We looooove you!
- You make us feel sooooo good.
- You make us proud to be in GN'R.
- blablabla ...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 03:12:40 AM by Miggy » Logged
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2006, 03:53:46 AM »

Hahaha.. and it's so true....  rofl

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
anythinggoes
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 05:11:49 AM »

Do any of the other band members banter with the crowd?

Tommy told the Download crowd to stop throwing shit or he'd go home...

/jarmo

ha good positive interaction

i always thought the solos were crowd interaction like the Dont cry solo and the things like the band menbers going down to crowd front row at the end of the day this band plays too the crowd not at the crowd they feed of the energy and it shows through
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 06:08:47 AM »

I\m happy with his interaction with the crowd, you must take in considaretion that axl never was the fans kind of guy imo. he does what he should and I fucking respect him for the music, However it would be nice if the whole band participated more.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2006, 06:16:20 AM »

the first thing that springs to my mind re Axl's crowd interaction is Wembley 29th this year - stopping the show to tell us all about the acoustic gig happening later that night and then reading out a list of people's names who were invited to go.  i'd say that was pretty awesome interaction with a crowd!   hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2006, 06:21:44 AM »

Dude the Warren Beaty thing was lame. the stopping of YCBM at the exact same point(it's staged) on numerous occasions to lecture the crowd on throwing things(which is bad) or to kick out his own security Roll Eyes.? I think his rants are lame as hell. they come off as some guy rambling on about nothing.

Looks like your "always" means "the early 90s". He hasn't ranted about Warren since June 6th, 1992.

I guess you think the incident in Newcastle was staged as well.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Warchild
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2006, 07:34:50 AM »

OPinions Vary....maybe you can go to a fallout boy's show to "Interact"
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2006, 07:43:54 AM »

Do any of the other band members banter with the crowd?

Tommy told the Download crowd to stop throwing shit or he'd go home...

/jarmo

Grin

considering how long gnr shows are, i appreciate axl keeping the talking to a minimum, more time for music  ok

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
darkmonth
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2006, 09:12:58 AM »

Crowd interaction's kinda cheesy.

Doesn't matter ... it's part of being at a show ... and if you're saying that just to excuse it, because you're a GnR fan, that's sad.

I don't NEED the interaction... but a lot of people love it.  It doesn't matter how 'cheesy' it is.  GnR did it all the time in the old days... a show is a show.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2006, 09:47:40 AM »

i can?t see the point here unfortunately...

i saw gnr twice this year and axl was in a great mood and interacted more than i expected him to do. he was speaking to the crowd after every song at rock am ring and it never came over as cheesy oder fake.....   axl`s one of the most real guys in the music business today imo...

most people have friends, family and lovers to tell them that they?re loved..... if not let james hetfield do the job and go to a metallica concert to feel better.....  that`s not axl?s job...

oh and... perhaps it`s just striking me.... but...i`m really wondering why a guy called "bono" with a "U2" pic in his avatar and a quote from "bono" in his signature needs to bitch about axl`s way of interacting with the crowd - on this board...  are the whiners calling for reinforcement from other fanboards now???

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: