Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:13:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sep 20 - San Francisco
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sep 20 - San Francisco  (Read 84405 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #380 on: September 21, 2006, 12:52:43 PM »

I was at the show last night, and it was fantastic.  The band sounded and felt tighter than the Hammerstein show I saw in May.  I think being on the road really helped the gel.  Robin, Richard and Ron all played fantastically.  I think Ron's playing, most notably during "Nightrain" was very impressive.  Robin definitely has the most "rock star charisma" of the new band, and I was impressed with that.  I thought that the new songs sounded great, especially "Better".  I was pleased with the reception that "Better" got from the crowd on the floor (where I was), and surprised by how many people knew "Madagascar".  The show got off to a ferocious start with "Jungle", "It's So Easy", "Mr. Brownstone" and "Live and Let Die", and ended ferociously with "Paradise City".  Axl had a ton of energy, and I mean a ton.  That was very impressive.  I honestly had difficulty hearing Axl clearly during a large portion of the show.  When I could hear him, he was hitting all the notes.  He seemed at times like he hadn't yet developed the endurance that he had during the Euro tour, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time.  He sounded great during "Paradise City" and really seemed to kick it up a notch then!

I got to talk to Ron a bit before the show, and he was great, very nice.  I asked him if they will be playing more new songs as the tour went on, and he said he thought they would, then said "we have to", as if it hasn't been officially discussed yet.

Overall, an amazing and unforgettable show and I'm glad I was there.

Ali

P.S.  I decided to modify my original post because I didn't want my fatigue now to make my impression of the show seem less than it actually was Smiley
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 12:57:12 PM by Ali » Logged
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #381 on: September 21, 2006, 12:57:46 PM »

Thanks for the review Ali.  beer

I always love reading reviews.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #382 on: September 21, 2006, 01:09:11 PM »

Thanks for the review Ali.  beer

I always love reading reviews.

My pleasure.  I'll relay more details as I recover.  Ron said some more things that I can't quite recall right now.  Nothing earth-shaking, but a few tidbits.

Ali
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #383 on: September 21, 2006, 01:14:52 PM »

Oh, not sure if this came through. That 2'x3' GNR flag was $40.

You can see Ron a bit in this one.

Another one without Ron

on the urine-soaked streets of San Francisco:

Axl looks good.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #384 on: September 21, 2006, 01:17:53 PM »

we have to

at least they know Smiley

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #385 on: September 21, 2006, 03:25:59 PM »

Cool Review
from newgnr.com

09-20-06 | San Francisco, The Warfield Review
by Natalie

Hey there-

So, I saw GnR last night at the Warfield in San Francisco. The night got off to a little bit of a slow start. The doors were upposed to open at 7:00pm, but they didn't open until 9:00pm. There was a line up one whole block and wrapped around another one. The wait sucked but the crowd was cool. Lots of people in their early to mid 30s. We were all teenagers when Appetite came out, so everyone was swapping stories.

The doors opened at 9:00 and then about 9:30, Sebastian Bach went on stage. He looked good and sang pretty well. His band wasn't all that awesome.   

He played the standard Skid Row songs. "Youth Gone Wild" and "I Remember You" went well. I was never a huge Skid Row fan, but he can still hit those high notes. He and Axl are really close it seems.

So, finally, around 11pm, GnR came out, and the place just exploded. They started off with "Welcome to the Jungle and they didn't stop for another 2 and 1/2 hours. The band is KILLER. I thought three guitar players was a bit much, but they all brought something unique to the table. The drummer is amazing - seriously - amazing. They played the songs note for note, which I was glad because I know every song note for note and that's what I want to hear.

So, about Axl. He has made me so mad over the years. He is such an ass. He took an amazing thing and let his stupid ego crush it. When I think about all the music the original GnR could have made... So, I think he knew he needed to prove something. Anyway... he was fucking awesome. His voice sounded great. Seriously, his performance was near perfect, better than he used to sound live.

He was very friendly with his band, they all interacted really well. He was gracious and thankful to the crowd. No tantrums, no anger, it was really cool to see how happy he was with the show. They played everything I wanted to hear - November Rain (amazing) My Michelle, Outta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet child, Patience, they left nothing out. He was still doing the little dance and being Axl Rose, but he was mellow and happy. It showed and everyone in
that place had a rocking time.

The pyro stuff was insane. I really dug it. There were fireballs, and raining sparks, punctuating the big moments in the songs. At the end, they close with "Paradise City," and the whole theater filled with confetti.

I have been to A LOT of shows, and I would say this is near the top of all the shows I have seen. Everyone in the audience was singing every word. The pit was smoking. One of the guitarists, Robin Finck launched himself into the pit twice, and never missed a note.

It was better than I ever could have expected, and I am so glad that I went. Don't worry about the money or the time or whether you have a good seat - GO SEE THIS SHOW!

Thanks!

Natalie

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #386 on: September 21, 2006, 03:32:24 PM »

Cool Review
from newgnr.com

09-20-06 | San Francisco, The Warfield Review
by Natalie

Hey there-

So, I saw GnR last night at the Warfield in San Francisco. The night got off to a little bit of a slow start. The doors were upposed to open at 7:00pm, but they didn't open until 9:00pm. There was a line up one whole block and wrapped around another one. The wait sucked but the crowd was cool. Lots of people in their early to mid 30s. We were all teenagers when Appetite came out, so everyone was swapping stories.

The doors opened at 9:00 and then about 9:30, Sebastian Bach went on stage. He looked good and sang pretty well. His band wasn't all that awesome.   

He played the standard Skid Row songs. "Youth Gone Wild" and "I Remember You" went well. I was never a huge Skid Row fan, but he can still hit those high notes. He and Axl are really close it seems.

So, finally, around 11pm, GnR came out, and the place just exploded. They started off with "Welcome to the Jungle and they didn't stop for another 2 and 1/2 hours. The band is KILLER. I thought three guitar players was a bit much, but they all brought something unique to the table. The drummer is amazing - seriously - amazing. They played the songs note for note, which I was glad because I know every song note for note and that's what I want to hear.

So, about Axl. He has made me so mad over the years. He is such an ass. He took an amazing thing and let his stupid ego crush it. When I think about all the music the original GnR could have made... So, I think he knew he needed to prove something. Anyway... he was fucking awesome. His voice sounded great. Seriously, his performance was near perfect, better than he used to sound live.

He was very friendly with his band, they all interacted really well. He was gracious and thankful to the crowd. No tantrums, no anger, it was really cool to see how happy he was with the show. They played everything I wanted to hear - November Rain (amazing) My Michelle, Outta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet child, Patience, they left nothing out. He was still doing the little dance and being Axl Rose, but he was mellow and happy. It showed and everyone in
that place had a rocking time.

The pyro stuff was insane. I really dug it. There were fireballs, and raining sparks, punctuating the big moments in the songs. At the end, they close with "Paradise City," and the whole theater filled with confetti.

I have been to A LOT of shows, and I would say this is near the top of all the shows I have seen. Everyone in the audience was singing every word. The pit was smoking. One of the guitarists, Robin Finck launched himself into the pit twice, and never missed a note.

It was better than I ever could have expected, and I am so glad that I went. Don't worry about the money or the time or whether you have a good seat - GO SEE THIS SHOW!

Thanks!

Natalie

the drummer? the drummer!

who is the drummer?
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2006, 03:34:23 PM »

Brain  Roll Eyes
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #388 on: September 21, 2006, 03:35:05 PM »

Brain  Roll Eyes

sure?
Annie
« Reply #389 on: September 21, 2006, 03:35:48 PM »

Yes!!!!
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #390 on: September 21, 2006, 03:37:02 PM »

how do you know?
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #391 on: September 21, 2006, 03:39:02 PM »

found this review, don't know if its the right thread to post it. its about GnR in San Francisco. thea idea is : the fans were delighted but we, the press, have some complains
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/15574554.htm
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #392 on: September 21, 2006, 03:39:33 PM »

dude!  brain was the drummer!!

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #393 on: September 21, 2006, 03:40:18 PM »

have you seen him?
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #394 on: September 21, 2006, 03:40:29 PM »

An updater has posted it, on the 1st Vegas show I think.
Annie
« Reply #395 on: September 21, 2006, 03:41:27 PM »

Yes in Las Vegas when Axl introduced him and said that he and his wife named thier baby AXL!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #396 on: September 21, 2006, 03:44:35 PM »

found this review, don't know if its the right thread to post it. its about GnR in San Francisco. thea idea is : the fans were delighted but we, the press, have some complains

thanks for the review ok

it`s not what axl would like to hear at this point, but very fair imo.

and he should take the advice the writer gave him.....really...    release that fuckin`CD!!

who was the singer??   axl??  did you see him? Roll Eyes

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #397 on: September 21, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »

thanks for the review ok

it`s not what axl would like to hear at this point, but very fair imo.

and he should take the advice the writer gave him.....really...    release that fuckin`CD!!

who was the singer??   axl??  did you see him? Roll Eyes

yes, i saw a photo!
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #398 on: September 21, 2006, 03:45:49 PM »

Any notice Rob from Metallica walk in through the front, before doors opened to the public? ?I think I saw Mike Bordin from Faith No More, also a former bandmate of Rob's, standing at the side of the stage too. ?
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #399 on: September 21, 2006, 03:47:05 PM »

Axl? interesting name.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: