Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 06:15:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228038 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan  (Read 21386 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 04:18:48 AM »

i guess if you catch the mic then hide it and get out of there ok
Bono
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 04:22:10 AM »

Yup. No point in sticking aroudn after Axl has thrown away his mic hihi Just put it in your pants and get the hell outta there.
Brody
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 05:06:01 AM »

this isnt just a gnr thing.. Ive seen security take the mic away at other concerts
Progress
Rocker

Where's my beer??

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2006, 05:55:51 AM »

Doesn't Axl use common Shure Beta 58 mic's?Those don't cost that much money....

I think the whole deal with the security guard taking it,was just him wanting it for himself...they might be worth alot of money on e-bay...Not 10 grand though Wink

grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 05:57:21 AM »

next on heretodaygonetohell:  Bumblefoot dives into the crowd to get his guitar pick back!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2006, 06:03:40 AM »

Yup. No point in sticking aroudn after Axl has thrown away his mic hihi Just put it in your pants and get the hell outta there.

haha i was just about to post almost the same thing..
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2006, 06:06:11 AM »

I'm not sure Axl throws his mic in the crowd for a lucky fan or to be Axl Rose?  hihi

Also, I think that mic is $10,000, so I doubt it's managements intent to give a lucky fan a mic like that.
He changes mics during PC, so the one he throws in the audience isn't the one he uses during the whole show..so my guess..the ones he throws are cheap ones.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Bono
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2006, 06:07:55 AM »

Doesn't Axl use common Shure Beta 58 mic's?Those don't cost that much money....

I think the whole deal with the security guard taking it,was just him wanting it for himself...they might be worth alot of money on e-bay...Not 10 grand though Wink

I thought they were Fischer Price microphones rofl ?At least thats what they look like. he's the only one I've evers een who use those dumb looking mics with the over the top foam on them.He should use the mics that bono uses. he always sounds percect as far as clarity goes.

Shocked Oh no you didn't just mention U2 in the Guns section! Yes I did Grin Seriously though maybe Axls mics are part of the sound problems he ?seems to have sometimes. theres' no reason his voice shouldn't be able to project over the music all the time.
And there's no way these things are worth 10 Grand rofl
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 06:12:07 AM by Bono » Logged
Bono
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2006, 06:09:10 AM »

Also in this day and age of being accepting and non discriminating I think maybe the title of this thread should be changed.? I know it wasn't ment in any hurtful way but even still it sets a bad precident and sends a bad message as well as presents all Gn'R fans in the wrong/bad light? when such a phrase seems to be so openly accpeted on a? public forum. just a thought.

Cheers Ignatius ok
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2006, 06:09:44 AM »

It?s the first time I hear something like this. I could be wrong but back in the day I read in a magazine that the reason why Axl throwed the mic to the audience is because they let it open for them to say something once they get the mic. I don?t know if it?s true though.

I also read that Axl?s mic in the UYI tour cost about $500 not &10  000 confused

Anyways, I think the security guy just wanted the mic for himself and used his security status just to get it. It was a venue, but do you imagine if it was an arena?No way they could get the mic back.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Bono
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 06:14:28 AM »

It?s the first time I hear something like this. I could be wrong but back in the day I read in a magazine that the reason why Axl throwed the mic to the audience is because they let it open for them to say something once they get the mic. I don?t know if it?s true though.
Well in 1993 in edmonton we could hear the microphone hit the ground but when the guy picked it up and yelled into it nothing came out. I dont' think there's anyway they'd leave the mic on for the crowd. giving the Gn'R crowd an open mic woudl not be a good idea hihi
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2006, 06:30:10 AM »

Well in 1993 in edmonton we could hear the microphone hit the ground but when the guy picked it up and yelled into it nothing came out. I dont' think there's anyway they'd leave the mic on for the crowd. giving the Gn'R crowd an open mic woudl not be a good idea hihi

but they (the soundguys) could turn it off right?
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2006, 06:34:30 AM »

I also read that Axl?s mic in the UYI tour cost about $500 not &10? 000 confused

Anyways, I think the security guy just wanted the mic for himself and used his security status just to get it. It was a venue, but do you imagine if it was an arena?No way they could get the mic back.

Back during the UYI tour i got to see Gn'R perform at an outside gig. At the end of the show Axl launched the microphone though the air. While it was traveling (spinning) at high speed through the air, the sound was playing through the speakers, the sound then ended with the microphone hitting something (probably someones head) and that was that, no one used it to speak into. ?I cannot image for one minute the microphone was recovered by security afterwards. I've seen photo's from the gig and Axl appears to use the microphone though out the whole gig, although he made have used a different one for Novemberain, i cannot remember such details.
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2006, 06:35:18 AM »

Same thing happened with Buckethead's nunchuks at Vegas '01. Security later collected them from the fan who caught them.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2006, 06:36:40 AM »

Same thing happened with Buckethead's nunchuks at Vegas '01. Security later collected them from the fan who caught them.

It sounds to me like security guards abusing their position. If Buckethead gives something to a member of the audience then it is for keeps  ok
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2006, 06:56:51 AM »

That sucks... Most security are assholes, so I wouldn't put this past them at all. rant

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2006, 07:04:22 AM »

It sounds to me like security guards abusing their position. If Buckethead gives something to a member of the audience then it is for keeps? ok

..having said that, if Buckethead launched his nunchuks into the air (like he does) and they went into the audience, then i guess on the grounds of safety, securtiy would recover them from the audience. When Buckethead hands out toys to the audience, they are for keeps.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2006, 07:36:45 AM »

after the sunday night show, i was heading back to my room upstairs.? three guys were in the elevator with me.? i asked them if they went to the show and they said, "yeah, he caught axl's mike," pointing out one of the guys, but that a security guard tapped him on the shoulder and took the mike back as they were leaving the theater.? i said, "did you ask him why?"? and they replied that there was no reasoning with him.? i was like....i wonder why?? that just doesn't make sense to throw it out into the audience and then have someone go out and take it back.? and they said, "i guess he doesn't want to buy a new mike."? ?i said, "so axl looks like he's giving his mike to some lucky fan every night and no one knows the truth but the person who caught the mike.? ? i bet people are busting each others heads to get that mike- worse than bridesmaids gunning for the bouquet thrown at a wedding, and then to have a security guard take it back, it's terrible."? they were like, "yeah, he dove onto the ground to get that mike." sounds fucked up and like a total bummer.? has anyone else heard of such things? do you think axl has them do it? or did the security guard just take it upon himself to do that?

I'm not sure Axl throws his mic in the crowd for a lucky fan or to be Axl Rose? ?hihi

Also, I think that mic is $10,000, so I doubt it's managements intent to give a lucky fan a mic like that.

$10,000 for 1 mic. $1000 max i'd say, not that i know much about mic's? peace

the most expensive recording mikes are around $3,000. A live microphone would not go over $1,000, you're right
marcelj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2006, 08:01:37 AM »

Have you ever noticed Axl changes his mic for Paradise City?

The last song of the night, is a different mic,  the he throws away....

(just like Kurt Cobain always uses a Fender, but for the last song picks up a Squar to distroy....)
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2006, 08:05:39 AM »

i think the security is supposed to get the mic back, but when they fail it's just bad luck. i've heard stories like this before
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: