Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:18:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  adler and axl make peace in vegas
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: adler and axl make peace in vegas  (Read 41438 times)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2007, 02:26:27 PM »

shutup about a fucking reunion.? ? ?Axl and Adler have a conversation one evening almost 6 months ago in vegas and you people are crying reunion.? ? Roll Eyes

how bout some respect for the band as it is now?? ?as tommy said, 'get on board or fuck off.'? couldn't have been said better.

You are a very moving speaker.? I'm guessing about 16.? ?ok

And I'm guessing you're stuck in 1987.? Tongue

All you reunion people, go hang out in Dead Horse. Thanks.? ok

/jarmo

I'm not at all stuck in 1987. I just think it's funny how alot of people like to go on about how the original guys suck and how they aren't as good as the new guys. How can that be said when the "New Gnr" has yet to drop an album. As of yet, they cannot be fairly compared. ?The originals managed to drop several albums. Dont get me wrong, I definitely support Axl and look forward to the new album (if we ever see it) but at the same time I'm not gonna act like the originals never existed or that I hate them just because YOU think that would make Axl happy. I think alot of people on here think that if they say anything descent about the original members that means that they aren't supporting Axl, and that's just stupid. ?So again Jarmo, it's not about being stuck, it's about being open minded and seeing the obvious. ? ok
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 02:34:28 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
pumpkin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2007, 02:42:52 PM »

the back and forth on this is great....!...im going to go back to the broadcast on the net..sadly..no GNR live tonight..Leanne Rymes instead..not by choice..but she does have pipes.? ?A couple of things..axl's suite had a bowling lane 10 or more video games and strippers and fully staffed bar.? Adler and Axl were talking when i walked in..i saw no hug, handshake, or leaning back..just a conversation most likely about nothing....i won't claim to know that.? Im just saying..I saw him at the show (actually..afterward)..and then hours later saw him in the afterparty at axl's...that's pretty much it....

prob. doesn't mean anything..just meant enough to me to make a mention..nothing more..nothing less...

later....
hnb, what hotel was axl's suite at?  was it at the hardrock or was it at the palms which has a suite called the kingpin suite with bowling lanes? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2007, 02:44:28 PM »

Dont get me wrong, I definitely support Axl and look forward to the new album (if we ever see it) but at the same time I'm not gonna act like the originals never existed or that I hate them just because YOU think that would make Axl happy. I think alot of people on here think that if they say anything descent about the original members that means that they aren't supporting Axl, and that's just stupid.  So again Jarmo, it's not about being stuck, it's about being open minded and seeing the obvious.   ok

You really are clueless.

Nobody has said a word about hating the old band. On the other hand, some people live in a dream world and start drooling about a reunion as soon as it's reported Axl met Steven.

That kind of talk makes it seem there is no band and it's quite disrespectful to the current band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pumpkin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2007, 02:47:33 PM »

he probably had the penthouse suite at the hardrock
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2007, 02:49:37 PM »

Dont get me wrong, I definitely support Axl and look forward to the new album (if we ever see it) but at the same time I'm not gonna act like the originals never existed or that I hate them just because YOU think that would make Axl happy. I think alot of people on here think that if they say anything descent about the original members that means that they aren't supporting Axl, and that's just stupid.  So again Jarmo, it's not about being stuck, it's about being open minded and seeing the obvious.   ok

You really are clueless.

Nobody has said a word about hating the old band. On the other hand, some people live in a dream world and start drooling about a reunion as soon as it's reported Axl met Steven.

That kind of talk makes it seem there is no band and it's quite disrespectful to the current band.

/jarmo

in addition to that, they?re going to be dissapointed, as a reunion won`t take place in the next couple of years.....  that`s not my problem though. i just find it quite funny, how some people are delusional enough to believe in it....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:18:39 PM by WARose » Logged

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2007, 03:17:57 PM »

Dont get me wrong, I definitely support Axl and look forward to the new album (if we ever see it) but at the same time I'm not gonna act like the originals never existed or that I hate them just because YOU think that would make Axl happy. I think alot of people on here think that if they say anything descent about the original members that means that they aren't supporting Axl, and that's just stupid.? So again Jarmo, it's not about being stuck, it's about being open minded and seeing the obvious.? ?ok

You really are clueless.

/jarmo

Ok Jarmo ! You're always right ! ok
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:38:56 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2007, 03:25:57 PM »

Dont get me wrong, I definitely support Axl and look forward to the new album (if we ever see it) but at the same time I'm not gonna act like the originals never existed or that I hate them just because YOU think that would make Axl happy. I think alot of people on here think that if they say anything descent about the original members that means that they aren't supporting Axl, and that's just stupid.? So again Jarmo, it's not about being stuck, it's about being open minded and seeing the obvious.? ?ok

You really are clueless.

/jarmo

in addition to that, they?re going to be dissapointed, as a reunion won`t take place in the next couple of years.....? that`s not my problem though. i just find it quite funny, how some people are delusional enough to believe in it....

Who cares if the reunion is in the next couple years or not?? I dont?? I think it will eventually happen though. Signs keep pointing in that direction. Not to be disrespectful to the current lineup of course.? ?ok
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:30:16 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2007, 03:51:11 PM »

You're quick to point out the "disrespect" towards the old band, but I don't see you mentioning the other side of the same coin.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2007, 03:57:24 PM »

At the Sunday Vegas show he was complaining about the noise made by the people at Rehab while he was sleeping (the Hard Rock pool) so yea, there.
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2007, 04:23:31 PM »

You're quick to point out the "disrespect" towards the old band, but I don't see you mentioning the other side of the same coin.....

/jarmo

Personally, I HAVE NEVER said anything negative toward the new band. If you feel as though I have, point out the post and I will explain it. I saw them in concert twice last year, they were awesome, I love the new demos and live cuts, and I have every intention on buying Democracy (if that day ever comes).

My problem is comments like "you reunion people can go hang out in Dead Horse "and "either get on board or shut the f--- up." I don't want Izzy on the cd", "Adler is nothing but a loser junkie. I mean, have you guys forgot that it was those same people who brought you Appetite, Lies, and the Illusions (minus Adler of course). It was not Finck, Stinson, Mantia, or Ferrar. Now, do not get me wrong, I think all that were just named are extremely talented musicians, but they cannot be compared to the original lineup. THERE HASNT EVEN BEEN A STUDIO RELEASE! How can they be compared, and who is showing disrespect for the new band??? Like I said earlier, I can say Slash and Adler kicks ass and that is not a slam to Robin and Brian. If anyone think it is, that's there problem. I don't care if GNR reunite anytime soon in all honesty, as long as they do something ---- like release an album. I think I can say positive things about the original guys w/out Axl being mad at me. You should feel the same, Jarmo.? ?ok
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:42:52 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2007, 04:54:01 PM »

When you get backstage access, go to surprise club appearances etc., it is quite easy to forget the old band.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2007, 05:16:57 PM »

When you get backstage access, go to surprise club appearances etc., it is quite easy to forget the old band.

Why would anyone want to do that?
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2007, 05:35:41 PM »

Too bad this is not in any press release and either steven has said anything, so, it's not that reliable sorry,might have been someone that looked just like steven.....  Tongue

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2007, 05:37:47 PM »

Another clueless person.

Nobody is saying anything about forgetting the old band. Get it?

Is it that hard to understand?

On the subject of forgetting. How about you get over the riot? It's been over four years. Time for a new username maybe?  Tongue

Like I said earlier, I can say Slash and Adler kicks ass and that is not a slam to Robin and Brian.

Yeah, but people aren't saying that. They're saying they want them back in the band while we have a band who are planning on releasing a new album and touring in 2007... Big difference!

I think I can say positive things about the original guys w/out Axl being mad at me. You should feel the same, Jarmo.   ok

This has nothing do with Axl. I don't know why you can't get it?

/jarmo

Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2007, 05:49:58 PM »

Jarmo man, you are really too addicted to this stuff with new and old aren't you? Don't get me wrong though. I love and appreciate what the new band is doing BUT personally I (and I'm not the only one) is really into the old guys. I mean I love what Axl is doing and I can't wait for the Chinese Democracy, BUT you can't say that we disrespect the new band when we start talking about the old guys. Futhermore, 80 % of the new band is playing songs that were originally written and played by the old guys. It's not disrespectful, it's love. I also think that it is not quite fair to treat Steven like the junkey of the old band and so on and so on. And yes, I know you are going to oppose my opinion.  Grin

Just my opinion...

"...It don't really matter..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2007, 07:11:07 PM »

Wow, people keep making up shit about me the whole time.

I'm not addicted, I'm just bored with people coming here and going on and on about a reunion, that might never happen, in a time when there's a great band working on getting their name out there and playing for thousands of fans by touring.

I never treated Steven as a "junkie of the old" band. Some people do because maybe they see addiction as something that only happens to weak people.

You don't think it's fair, fair enough.

Remember that next time you see some "fan" calling any of the current band members names.

Talking of love, the current band members never said a bad word about the former members, yet we have a bunch of "fans" who can't get over the line up changes, talking shit about the current band.

I love the old band too, but that's in the past. They did some amazing things back in the day. Nobody's saying otherwise. I don't understand what kind of fans would come here and keep telling us that we shouldn't be excited or happy about GN'R because it's not the same band it as in 1987 or 1991 or 1993...

If you really think GN'R doesn't exist anymore, I suggest you go find another place to post.

Us "fools" here are quite happy to look forward to another year filled with GN'R action.

/jarmo

EFISH
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2007, 07:14:20 PM »

Now THAT is probably the best post I've ever seen Jarmo make.  yes
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2007, 07:37:15 PM »

agreed, excellent post.  And I believe the majority of the members here share those sentiments.    If 2007 kicks half as much ass as 2006, we are in for a kickass year.     beer
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2007, 07:43:49 PM »

I agree. That was an excellent post, Jarmo !?Huh Roll Eyes

Maybe I should change my username to bringbackferrar ?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 12:48:09 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

pumpkin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2007, 11:14:56 PM »

At the Sunday Vegas show he was complaining about the noise made by the people at Rehab while he was sleeping (the Hard Rock pool) so yea, there.
were you there at rehab on sunday?  i was, too.  brain was sitting next to us at the pool with a bunch of people (he was out at the pool wearing black jeans and a black tshirt if i remember correctly), and they bummed a cigarette off my cousin.  ron thal and a woman i assumed was his wife (they were holding hands if i remember correctly, very cute) came out to the pool and said hi to some people and then left again.  this was at the mellow end of the pool, the dj was over at the larger pool (there are two pools connected by a water passageway).  the shadier pool.  it's funny coz i posted a thread before about the dj talking about axl asking for the music to be turned down and i think it got deleted, but i couldn't figure out why.  maybe it wasn't  but i couldn't find it after i posted it.  anyway, i saw a guy standing out on the balcony at the top floor, all the way to the right (if you were facing the hotel from the pool) but i couldn't see who it was (my eyesight being abominable), but i couldn't help thinking.  what if it was axl.  hehe
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: