Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:28:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  adler and axl make peace in vegas
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: adler and axl make peace in vegas  (Read 41453 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2006, 03:30:55 PM »

Well let's see, IF this is true then this now means Axl has made peace with 2 original members.? If he and Slash ever see eye-to-eye again, Duff would probably follow suit which would then mean a GN'R Reunion wouldn't be out of the question.

But having said that, I would only want to see it AFTER the release of Chinese Democracy and AFTER Axl proves he is just fine without them.

Why would you reunite something that fell apart so badly in the first place?

Money.? And because tons of fans are dying for it (not me, for the record).

Axl obviously went from a band that didn't work to finding people that do work as GN'R, and so did Duff and Slash with VR. I don't think Axl or any of the other former members would swap that for a ticking time bomb.

Time heals a lot of wounds.? That, and the guys are 40-something now, not 20-something.? I'm sure they could all find a way to co-exist if they really wanted it.

And to say that Chinese Democracy is something Axl just needed to get out of his system and then discard, that, I think, is extremely disrespectful towards everybody involved with making the new GN'R record, especially Axl.

I certainly didn't say "it was (is) something Axl just needed (needs) to get out of his system and then discard."? I think everyone is in full agreement that Chinese Democracy is Axl's ultimate project.? Releasing it and having it do well would not be in vain just to prove he doesn't need his former band mates.? It will be the product of something Axl loves to do, which is make music.? This will be the pinnacle of his talent and the full culmination of over 10 years of work and resolve for him and his current lineup.

What I am saying is:? IF there ever is a reunion (I don't care if there is or not, as I like the new lineup just fine), I don't want to see it until sometime after Chinese Democracy has seen the light of day and come full circle.? I already know Axl was the main creative force in the original Guns.? The proof is in the pudding.? Listen to the new GN'R, and compare to VR.? Nuff said.? But, there are those in GN'R/Axl Haterville that don't believe he can be successful without them.? Those are the ones I'd love to see proven wrong and have the truth shoved up their asses instead of seeing a reunion before the new album.? That would be the true disrespecting of all this time and people who have worked on the album.? And of course all the haters could set back and say:? "See?? Told ya he couldn't make it without them." and blah blah.

But, getting back on topic - if it's true that Axl and Adler made peace, that's great.? peace

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2006, 03:40:16 PM »

I already know Axl was the main creative force in the original Guns.  The proof is in the pudding.  Listen to the new GN'R, and compare to VR.  Nuff said.

I think you could argue that neither band has been as productive without Izzy as they were when they were a cumulative force with him. I mean let's be serious here, we haven't heard a rock song from either band that is anywhere close to the original Guns best work, not to mention Estranged and NR smoke the ballads from both bands we have heard so far.

So to say Axl was the main creative force is a little ass-backwards because neither he, nor the VR guys have surpassed the work they made together in their seperate bands. What was the common denominator of their work together: Izzy.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2006, 05:15:43 PM »

Well let's see, IF this is true then this now means Axl has made peace with 2 original members.? If he and Slash ever see eye-to-eye again, Duff would probably follow suit which would then mean a GN'R Reunion wouldn't be out of the question.

But having said that, I would only want to see it AFTER the release of Chinese Democracy and AFTER Axl proves he is just fine without them.

Why would you reunite something that fell apart so badly in the first place?

Money.? And because tons of fans are dying for it (not me, for the record).

Axl obviously went from a band that didn't work to finding people that do work as GN'R, and so did Duff and Slash with VR. I don't think Axl or any of the other former members would swap that for a ticking time bomb.

Time heals a lot of wounds.? That, and the guys are 40-something now, not 20-something.? I'm sure they could all find a way to co-exist if they really wanted it.

And to say that Chinese Democracy is something Axl just needed to get out of his system and then discard, that, I think, is extremely disrespectful towards everybody involved with making the new GN'R record, especially Axl.

I certainly didn't say "it was (is) something Axl just needed (needs) to get out of his system and then discard."? I think everyone is in full agreement that Chinese Democracy is Axl's ultimate project.? Releasing it and having it do well would not be in vain just to prove he doesn't need his former band mates.? It will be the product of something Axl loves to do, which is make music.? This will be the pinnacle of his talent and the full culmination of over 10 years of work and resolve for him and his current lineup.

What I am saying is:? IF there ever is a reunion (I don't care if there is or not, as I like the new lineup just fine), I don't want to see it until sometime after Chinese Democracy has seen the light of day and come full circle.? I already know Axl was the main creative force in the original Guns.? The proof is in the pudding.? Listen to the new GN'R, and compare to VR.? Nuff said.? But, there are those in GN'R/Axl Haterville that don't believe he can be successful without them.? Those are the ones I'd love to see proven wrong and have the truth shoved up their asses instead of seeing a reunion before the new album.? That would be the true disrespecting of all this time and people who have worked on the album.? And of course all the haters could set back and say:? "See?? Told ya he couldn't make it without them." and blah blah.

But, getting back on topic - if it's true that Axl and Adler made peace, that's great.? peace

My statement wasn't meant to imply that you in particular said or felt it was something he needed to get out of his system, but rather a counter-argument to the idea that it would be easy for Axl to abandone the current GN'R and his work with them for money. I believe he has more integrity than that.
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2006, 05:25:23 PM »

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!

I've always liked Adler.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »

Reunion after the whole ChiDem saga. That's what it means.
They will be "old" but they will still play Rock n' Roll, like the Rolling Stones or something.

"Welcome to the pension", "Paradise Hospice", "Get in the Wheelchair mother fuckerhihi
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 05:39:36 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2006, 05:39:46 PM »

this is going off topic!!!!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2006, 05:43:45 PM »

steven is a weak junkie.....he blames axl for his heroine use..what a crock of weak ass shit.....go toa damn rehab and take the needle out of your arm and stop hooking up with guys and clean up your act
read one of setevesn recent inetrviews where he admitted to doing gay shit
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2006, 05:47:33 PM »

steven is a weak junkie.....he blames axl for his heroine use..what a crock of weak ass shit.....go toa damn rehab and take the needle out of your arm and stop hooking up with guys and clean up your act

Admitted it. Thats fucking funny. Its like Richard Simmons coming out of the closet. Steven sucked dick for Coke. He is fucking Chris Rock from New Jack City. Fucking white lips.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2006, 06:41:17 PM »

My contact says she's asked Adler twice about it and he's changed the subject both times. Not saying it didn't happen, just giving an update.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

Something you guys didn't know already but Axl had Izzy ring our tour manager back in early February while we were on the G2R + Adler Appetite tour asking how Steven was holding up nowadays i was in the same room when this happened. Maybe something will come of this.? ok

Yea I heard this a while back, hopefully something will come out of it!? peace

Roll Eyes  ok, what we're gonna hear next : ....Axl rides a pink elephant at nights just ta joyride around L.A city?, for GOD's sake stop fakin' for once!!!  yes

u must show real proofs before  affirmin' something   rant
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2006, 08:10:22 PM »

Something you guys didn't know already but Axl had Izzy ring our tour manager back in early February while we were on the G2R + Adler Appetite tour asking how Steven was holding up nowadays i was in the same room when this happened. Maybe something will come of this.  ok

Yea I heard this a while back, hopefully something will come out of it!  peace

Roll Eyes  ok, what we're gonna hear next : ....Axl rides a pink elephant at nights just ta joyride around L.A city?, for GOD's sake stop fakin' for once!!!  yes

u must show real proofs before  affirmin' something   rant

agh pet go away!
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2006, 08:35:24 PM »

Something you guys didn't know already but Axl had Izzy ring our tour manager back in early February while we were on the G2R + Adler Appetite tour asking how Steven was holding up nowadays i was in the same room when this happened. Maybe something will come of this.? ok

Roll Eyes? ok, what we're gonna hear next : ....Axl rides a pink elephant at nights just ta joyride around L.A city?, for GOD's sake stop fakin' for once!!!? yes

u must show real proofs before? affirmin' something ? rant

agh pet go away!

ya get hurt by me cuz u never show any proof befor postin' ur lies  hihi
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2006, 09:50:59 PM »

so, has this story even been confirmed? if not, why hasn't this topic been locked? 
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2006, 10:14:24 PM »

At this point I am not sure Adler would be an effective drummer. I prefer  Brain right now. So let them talk and reconcile, but  I don't want to see Steven back in the band or doing "guest" appearances a la Izzy.
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2006, 10:35:20 PM »

all yall need to STFU about your reunion talk.  IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! LET IT FSCKING GO!
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2006, 11:20:30 PM »

it would be cool if they did make up, and at least got on speaking terms again, if for no other reason then because of the fact that they were friends and they have a certain history together.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2006, 11:45:58 PM »

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! LET IT FSCKING GO!

I am sure any Pink Floyd you had asked in 2004 would have told you the same thing about the possibility of ever seeing David Gilmour and Roger Waters on the same stage ever again. In 2005, 25 years later, the moment happened, and it brought the house down. It may have only been 4 songs, but in the world of music, never say never.
AxlsRoses
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2006, 12:58:56 AM »

Someone post a link to where steven says he sucked D**K.  I'd like to read that!  rofl
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2006, 12:23:59 PM »

Roll Eyes? ok, what we're gonna hear next : ....Axl rides a pink elephant at nights just ta joyride around L.A city?, for GOD's sake stop fakin' for once!!!? yes

u must show real proofs before? affirmin' something ? rant

agh pet go away!

ya get hurt by me cuz u never show any proof befor postin' ur lies? hihi

What lies did I post? How can a pet like you hurt me?

Agh go away! loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
shoup
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2006, 12:32:47 PM »

Axl has talked with Izzy, Steven (if true), Matt, Slash (if you believe the press release).

Axl give Traci, Roberta, Teddy Zig Zag, and of course Duff some love to man. hihi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: