Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 06:58:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  What would you do if your life was threatened?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would you do if your life was threatened?  (Read 4262 times)
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« on: September 27, 2006, 12:25:15 AM »

Let's take a hypothetical situation;
This is hypothetical, believe me.

There's a guy after me because of a bussiness deal that went bad, sometimes starting a company does that and the guy has some major money issues and he needs someone to blame.

Usually I don't let people intimidate me, but the guy is losing it, he even came to my appartment, refused to leave and threatened and blackmailed me. My girl was there hearing the whole thing.

I made a serious call to my friend after that and gave him some details if something happens. To me, or worse, to us.

So as I see it I got three options.

a. raise the ammount of money he needs and hope he ain't trying to blackmail me again. This makes me pay the losses.

b. call my "friends" who will call him, but then I'll be a target for the friends from his side, but I'm positive my puppies are far more sick if need be. This won't cost me a thing unless they need to break some bones or make the guy dissapear. Again, his friends will do far worse to me, if they don't chicken out. Or I get a nice visit of our friends from blue.

c. I'll call the cops, who really can't do shit, 'cos all there is are some lame threats and after his hearing he'll prolly come after me, sure after that he'll do some time, but that doesn't really warm my heart much.

Any advice?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 12:29:03 AM »

There's a guy after me because of a bussiness deal that went bad, sometimes starting a company does that and the guy has some major money issues and he needs someone to blame.

Usually I don't let people intimidate me, but the guy is losing it, he even came to my appartment, refused to leave and threatened and blackmailed me. My girl was there hearing the whole thing.

I made a serious call to my friend after that and gave him some details if something happens. To me, or worse, to us.

a. raise the ammount of money he needs and hope he ain't trying to blackmail me again. This makes me pay the losses.

b. call my "friends" who will call him, but then I'll be a target for the friends from his side, but I'm positive my puppies are far more sick if need be. This won't cost me a thing unless they need to break some bones or make the guy dissapear. Again, his friends will do far worse to me, if they don't chicken out. Or I get a nice visit of our friends from blue.

c. I'll call the cops, who really can't do shit, 'cos all there is are some lame threats and after his hearing he'll prolly come after me, sure after that he'll do some time, but that doesn't really warm my heart much.

Any advice?

What do you mean by "us" ?  GNR fans?   nervous
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 12:37:21 AM »

Hypothetically speaking... you go to the cops.  Once someone blackmails you and you pay, they will always keep coming back.  Always. Give it to the cops and let them deal with it.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 01:38:59 AM »

Any advice?

What do you mean by "us" ?? GNR fans?? ?nervous

hypothetically my family, which is my dogs, me and my gf.

Natasha23 I've been thinkin' about that, since I got a witness and all, but he won't be locked in for this, and even if he would, then there's his friends.

Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 06:10:04 AM »

Fuck the cops dude, you have to do it all alone. Just try to speak to the guy and explain that it's not your fault. What exactly were the threats?

"...It don't really matter..."
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 08:36:46 AM »

To put me six feet under.

So I called my friend, who is also his friend and had him work as diplomat and I kinda slipped to him a few facts knowing he would  warn the guy after that saying something like "you don't know what you're getting into so try to chill a bit and think straight".

Then I waited for a day and called a few people just to make my point clear.

Then I called my friend again since I had a plan that would suit us both good, and after that I called the guy who threatened me and told him about the plan.

For some reason he was much more polite, I dunno is it because there's some light at the end of the tunnel, or have he heard that I got quite good a "health insurance".

Anyway, he ain't bothering me anymore.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 09:36:06 AM »

u should have..learned kick boxing,? beat'em to death, make ur girlfriend record, put some music over it and post it on youtube.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 09:38:46 AM by frozen inferno » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 11:23:59 AM »

u should have..learned kick boxing,? beat'em to death, make ur girlfriend record, put some music over it and post it on youtube.

youtube is a good site on the internet ! i like !

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 07:26:40 PM »

Carry a giant wrench with you in your car.  It works wonders.......I found this giant wrench that was like about 16 inches long and heavy as hell.  I put it in under my truck seat.  A few months later I was leaving a bar one night in Oklahoma and five dudes started talking shit to my friend.  The one grabbed him by the neck and the others started coming my way so I grapped old faithful and took one swing and they backed off.  Luckily I didn't hit anyone or that thing would have probably popped their head open quicker than a nutcracker.  But yeah, I call it Taluhla.  Just arm yourself.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 02:39:44 AM »

Carry a giant wrench with you in your car.  It works wonders.......I found this giant wrench that was like about 16 inches long and heavy as hell.  I put it in under my truck seat.  A few months later I was leaving a bar one night in Oklahoma and five dudes started talking shit to my friend.  The one grabbed him by the neck and the others started coming my way so I grapped old faithful and took one swing and they backed off.  Luckily I didn't hit anyone or that thing would have probably popped their head open quicker than a nutcracker.  But yeah, I call it Taluhla.  Just arm yourself.

I allready have my old trusty crowbar and the pipe of a paintball gun. I carried a stripped handweight that looked a lot like a mace, since I had screwed the lokc pieces from bot ends to on end, I once emptied a house full of people partied when the party went too big.. sure I also had my dog with me, not one even approached trying to pick a fight.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 09:44:23 PM »

IF the diplomatic way Failed.
Never in your life give him more money than he deserve. Confront that problem you have the truth and bright side to win  Grin

No man can be my equal
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 10:42:11 AM »

Being in Law Enforcement my advice to all of ya is as follows, it is always wise to report things like this. Its true that the cops cant do much but it is so importaint to begin building a record of incidents so perhaps a case can be built. Also when serious threats of violence are made an investigation is conducted and the accused poser of threats is interviewed sometimes the police encounter is enough to "scare em" which inturn stops the issue all together
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 09:33:43 PM »

i would tell em to get a spoon and eat my arse  hihi  peace

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 09:36:18 PM »

I, too, would advise him to eat Gunna_girl01's arse.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 12:01:01 AM »

I'd like to eat Gunna_girl01's arse myself.  Cool
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 01:06:54 AM »