Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:51:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 13 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 13 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena  (Read 132418 times)
Rusmurf
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2006, 10:39:15 AM »

Anyone have a full set list? I liked the new song in the middle, want to know the name.

Kickass show, nice small arena. I loved the instrumentals of beautiful and don't cry.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2006, 02:10:34 PM »

16 songs + 4 solos/jams in the regular set + a 2-song encore.  11:05pm - 1:20am, 2 hours and 15 minutes.

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Brownstone
4. Live And Let Die
5. Knockin' On Heavens Door
6. Robin Finck Solo
7. Sweet Child O' Mine
8. You Could Be Mine
9. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
10. The Blues
11. Better
12. Band Introductions/Richard-Robin Solo [Beautiful]
13. Out Ta Get Me
14. Band Jam/November Rain
15. Down On The Farm!!!
16. Bumblefoot Solo [Don't Cry]
17. My Michelle [With Sebastian Bach]
18. Used To Love Her
19. Patience
20. Nightrain
----ENCORE-----
21. Chinese Democracy
22. Paradise City
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2006, 06:01:46 PM »

SUCH AN AMAZING SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!  (And I met Axl afterwards which helped) I almost threw up :-)

where did you see axl??  i wished i had stayed around, but i had to leave right away.  I almost threw up too...during november rain

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
Fitz
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2006, 07:25:39 PM »

whats up with the Christina Agulera guitar solo.  fucking gay.  is this Guns N' Roses or Gays N Retards?  PATHETIC.
Rocket Killer
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2006, 10:33:26 PM »

whats up with the Christina Agulera guitar solo.? fucking gay.? is this Guns N' Roses or Gays N Retards?? PATHETIC.

Soo why are you on this message board then.If you don't like Guns N' Roses soo leave.

Does anyone has any pics up yet from the show?
I wanna see them....should of brought my camera in
gnfnr2006
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2006, 11:58:23 AM »

Well that was one hell of a concert!!! Axl sure seemed happy to be there and the crowd was really into it huh? I would really like to have a recording/dvd of the show....anyone got any ideas?
BTW, is light street a bad part of baltimore?......we ended up in the ARAB part of town around 2 AM.....I think we are luckier to get out of there than we were to go to the concert !!!
But seriously.....i need a video or recording of the show....help me out !!!

GNFNR
funkhouse9
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2006, 12:16:44 PM »

If anyone has any decent pictures from the show, I'd be forever grateful if someone could pass them along.  I'd have brought my camera if I thought I'd have gotten it in and not gotten thrown out.
gnfnr2006
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2006, 12:21:31 PM »

There are already several videos on the Balt show on www.youtube.com     search either guns n roses baltimore or just search guns n roses and then list the results by the date added.

Please- someone help me out with some DVD or bootleg info.......Thanks !!

GNFNR
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2006, 01:42:45 PM »

whats up with the Christina Agulera guitar solo.  fucking gay.  is this Guns N' Roses or Gays N Retards?  PATHETIC.

If you weren't ignorant, you'd realize it's not a Christina song, it was actually written by a friend of GNR guitarist Richard Fortus, and Christina covered it.

But I wouldn't expect someone who uses the phrase "Gays N Retards" to actually have any knowledge.......
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2006, 02:53:18 PM »

SUCH AN AMAZING SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!  (And I met Axl afterwards which helped) I almost threw up :-)

where did you see axl??  i wished i had stayed around, but i had to leave right away.  I almost threw up too...during november rain

I waiting around for about 2 hours outside  Grin
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2006, 03:07:37 PM »

You met Axl!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you just say hi or kick ass show?Huh?? What was the interaction like? Did you take a pic with him?

Puking doesn't make me horny.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2006, 03:08:37 PM »

Did you hit him on the ass and say fire up Axl?

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2006, 03:58:26 PM »

SUCH AN AMAZING SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!? (And I met Axl afterwards which helped) I almost threw up :-)

where did you see axl??? i wished i had stayed around, but i had to leave right away.? I almost threw up too...during november rain

I waiting around for about 2 hours outside? Grin

OmG you are so lucky!? I was out there too (I was wearing a skirt and boots and holding some T-shirts)...? Bumblefoot came out a few minutes before Axl, and I was talking with him while the line to meet Axl was forming...? After talking with Bumblefoot for a little while, I hurried over to the Axl line...? There was only one person ahead of me before that guy with the gray hair and beard led Axl onto the bus.? ?I was so close!!!...? But yet so far.? Cry
gnfnr2006
« Reply #233 on: November 15, 2006, 07:53:50 PM »

SUCH AN AMAZING SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!? (And I met Axl afterwards which helped) I almost threw up :-)

where did you see axl??? i wished i had stayed around, but i had to leave right away.? I almost threw up too...during november rain

I waiting around for about 2 hours outside? Grin

OmG you are so lucky!? I was out there too (I was wearing a skirt and boots and holding some T-shirts)...? Bumblefoot came out a few minutes before Axl, and I was talking with him while the line to meet Axl was forming...? After talking with Bumblefoot for a little while, I hurried over to the Axl line...? There was only one person ahead of me before that guy with the gray hair and beard led Axl onto the bus.? ?I was so close!!!...? But yet so far.? Cry

How close did you get to Axl...?    Good Job !! Smiley
vedderone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »

I got to meet Tommy Stinson and Sebastian Bach. I left around 2:45 I was hoping to meet bumblefoot and Axl I guess I missed them by about 40 minutes. I wish I would have stayed. Oh well I got tommy and bach to sign the GNR poster. I cant wait to frame it and hang it up. BTW I was in line at 12:30 pm and was front row dead center. I met some really cool fans while in line def a show and experience I will never ever forget!
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2006, 08:44:05 PM »

Just wanted to say it was cool meeting some of you at the Wharf Rat.  Definitely a cool bunch of rockers. Hope everyone had as kickass of a time as I did and got home (or on to the next show) safely. Perhaps our paths will cross again in the GnR universe in the future.
mike

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2006, 11:03:57 PM »

How close did you get to Axl...?    Good Job !! Smiley

Pretty close!  Just out of arm's reach!  (Not that I tried to grab him or anything -- crazy fan is one thing; creepy fan is a whole 'nother story!  Haha!   Grin)

I got to meet Tommy Stinson and Sebastian Bach. I left around 2:45 I was hoping to meet bumblefoot and Axl I guess I missed them by about 40 minutes. I wish I would have stayed. Oh well I got tommy and bach to sign the GNR poster. I cant wait to frame it and hang it up. BTW I was in line at 12:30 pm and was front row dead center. I met some really cool fans while in line def a show and experience I will never ever forget!

OmG you must've been right near me, too!  I should've figured that at least a few of the fans who were crazy enough to stand outside that long were from here, and/or some of the other GNR fan sites, and said something...  But by then, I was so tired, hungry, and cold, it was all I could do to just stand there.  It was worth it to have met Bumblefoot, who was very gracious for signing something for my friend while listening to me chatter for a few minutes.

Actually, everybody I met two nights ago was super cool, including inlikeflynn420 up there ^ .  I too hope that I cross paths with some (more) of you in the GNR universe in the future.
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: November 17, 2006, 02:59:29 PM »

You met Axl!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you just say hi or kick ass show?Huh?? What was the interaction like? Did you take a pic with him?

I did get a pic with him. He was really cool and really patient. I know its not really his thing to hang around but he signed alot of stuff, shook  alot of hands and took pics. He was really awesome... and SO beautiful up close.

I actually barely said anything to him except asking to shake his hand and take a pic. I was so freaked out. I said that I was shaking and he told me it was because it was cold outside. of course, thats not why i was shaking :-) He's awesome.

I met Bach and Bumblefoot too. Bumblefoot was really sweet. He actually offered to me to take a pic. Bach just looked hot :-)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #238 on: November 17, 2006, 11:14:50 PM »

here's a review someone named Gabe sent me that was meant to be published in a local DC paper but wasn't:

Just when I thought rock ?n roll was all but completely dead and buried, the reconstituted Guns N? Roses band blew through Baltimore?s 1st Mariner Arena and shredded the place Monday night.
         There was high drama before this show because eccentric frontman Axl Rose cancelled a concert in Portland, Maine a few days earlier. Portland city officials told the band they couldn?t drink alcohol on stage. What? I wondered if anyone would have had the balls to tell that to Frank Sinatra and his Rat Pack before political correctness began creeping into every facet of our lives and sucking the joy out of a harmless good time. like a  rock concert. Nobody told Frank what to do. Nobody tells Axl what to do. Bravo, aging waster.
       Fortunately, town fathers in Baltimore were not on some sanctimonious crusade like their provincial downeast counterparts in Maine. As expected, Axl and the new boys were fashionably late taking the stage. They didn?t start ripping and tearing  until 11:15PM ,  but it was worth the wait.
      The first song? Take a guess. It was ?Welcome to the Jungle? at 110 decibels, with Axl coming out of the smoke and flames like a cross between Jim Morrison and Eddie from ?Eddie and the Cruisers.? I thought to myself, ?Axl has lost at least 30 pounds, his voice sounds good and he actually appears?happy! Gosh, his meds, legal or illegal, must be working just fine tonight.?
     To be honest, the on again, off again career of Axl Rose over the past decade has inspired more contempt than endearment  from this fan and I was ready to walk away from the show thinking, ? This prick needs to pack it in and get a job selling flat screens
At Best Buy.?
    Instead, Axl?s inspired performance sent this clear message to fans at the 1st Mariner Arena and beyond: ?I perform when I am good and ready and when I do you?ll be glad you came or wish you did. Either way, I don?t really give a damn?.
    The new Guns N? Roses has a three guitar lineup which added extra fullness to ?Sweet Child o? Mine?, ?November Rain?, ? Live and let Die? and  the killer encore finale, ?Paradise City.? I loved the fact all of Slash?s lead guitar runs were played note for note. Every song sounded like they did on record going back to ?Appetite for Destruction.? Perhaps even better. This band was not gacked to the 9?s on smack and played with discipline and focus. Would you want to be onstage with Axl Rose and miss a note or a cue? I wouldn?t.
    Fear can be a good thing and the guys on guitars did their job as if beefy roadies were waiting to pummel them offstage if they let psycho boy down. Fortunately, I would guess they were allowed to die another day.
   Late in the show Axl told the audience , ?Its great to be playing Baltimore, the setting of my favorite show ?The Wire?. Big applause from the crowd. It figures ?The Wire? is

an Axl favorite. Its all about drug dealing, corrupt cops and murder. Welcome to the Jungle, indeed.
  At the end of the show the crowd was covered in little paper rose petals fired from wind cannons as ?Paradise City? came to a screeching end. The band locked arms and took a collective bow like rock gods from the mid-70?s. I saw Aerosmith 15 times before 1980 and this concert had the same feel as those shows when it was over. My ears were ringing. I looked at my watch. It  was 1:45AM. Axl and his friends drank onstage all night and held nothing back. I never thought Axl or the reconstituted Gunners band would be this good. I?m sure Axl was smirking to himself as he walked offstage, like a
heavyweight boxer who had just pummeled a loudmouth challenger into jelly. And good for him. Long live rock n? roll.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2006, 02:26:26 AM »

^ Not a bad review.

I think the guy's timing is a little off (I was at the show and texting updates to a member of this board and my records show an 11:05pm - 1:20am set), and I don't appreciate him referring to Axl as "psycho boy", but I concur with his take on the the three guitar lineup adding fullness to GNR's classics, and I really like that GNR won him over in spite of himself.

Thanks for posting that, Chief.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: