Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:36:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  December 10 - Everett, WA @ Everett Events Center
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 10 - Everett, WA @ Everett Events Center  (Read 74044 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2006, 08:35:04 PM »

Does anybody know how full this show might be?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
victoriacanucker
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2006, 01:13:40 AM »

Well you can still get tickets, so I assume it won't be too full.
conjurer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2006, 02:30:40 AM »

I just got mine yesterday...I talked to them on the phone, and was suprisd to get a ticket in section 118 (right beside the stage)...so I asked her how I was able to get such a great ticket at the last minute...was this a sign that tickets were not selling well and that because of low ticket sales, something might happen? (hey, I have a right to be cautious, I have had tickets to see them 3 times, twice they cancelled)...she said the show was sellling very well, but the promoter had just released a bunch more tickets they didn't need...so sounds good...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
victoriacanucker
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2006, 05:34:37 AM »

I could be wrong, but it seems theres more people coming to Everett than who actually live there who are going to attend the show. I was thinking 5 o clock would be a good time to line up for front row floor seats. THought?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2006, 08:39:47 AM »

Camera's are a no-no. I got an email from Everett Events Center today giving directions and all that. They even have limo rides for those that want to arrive in style.

I have an important question: my friend that is coming with me can not leave Portland with me till 4:30pm. Does that leave enough time to get to Everett by 8ish? Mapquest says it does but I have heard about Seattle traffic. Please help if you have driven from Portland to Everett or Seattle more than I have.

Thank you.
Seattle traffic sucks so much, it doesn't matter what time of the day it is either, north or south bound, it may not be so bad, due to the fact it will be a Sunday at least, just hall ass as much as you can, if all else fails, you might be late to the opening act, who cares as long as you are there on time to see Axl and Bach.  Good Luck!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
AxlisOld
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2006, 11:17:08 AM »

I snuck my camera in and I think I got some good pics. Front on the rail in GA. It was a bitch sneaking shots while the head guards weren't looking.
hrova_gnr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2006, 12:47:08 PM »

Anyone know the setlist?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2006, 03:29:34 PM »

Awesome Show!  I will give you a little review of the things that I saw that you don't always here about when reading a review.  I will first post the songs that they played.  And besides the beginning and the end, I'm have no idea what the order was, but this is close.

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Better
Sweet Child O'Mine
Knockin On Heavens Door
The Blues
Out Ta Get Me
Used To Love Her
Rocket Queen
I.R.S
You Could Be Mine
My Michelle (with Bach)
November Rain
Patience
Nightrain

Encore..

Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
Paradise City

They also had solo's for Dizzy, Richard, Robin, and Bumblefoot.

Ok, some things that I want to talk about that you normally don't get from a review.

Sebastian was very enteraining.  He got the crowd really going.  Put on a great show!  My buddy was actually making fun of him before the show, but came out of it saying "Sebastian really surprised me, that was awesome!"

Secondly, you can really tell that they are prolonging the stage setup and opening acts to time in with GNR's start time of 11:30pm.  I've been to a GNR show in the past where the lights go down, and you still wait 40 minutes.  Last night, Sebastian got done around 10:45 and the stage-crew didn't turn off all the lights until around 11:30.  Only a minute or two later, GNR hit the stage.  I think this is good because people don't get all pissy.  If people see the lights go out, they then expect a show.  Therefor, if you just prolong everything, people know there not coming on yet.  Plus, word seams to be getting around that GNR won't hit the stage until atleast 11:30.  I heard a lot of people mentioning that before the show.

Third, I thought the new songs got a really good reaction.  You can't expect people to hear something they have never heard before and be jumping all around.  I was both up front and also in the back sitting down for the show, and saw good reaction.  When I was sitting, just about everyone around me showed there appreciation (by clapping) for the new stuff, it was good to see.

Fourth, people have complained in the past about people leaving the show early.  I'm not going to say this didn't happen, because I saw a lot of people leave while I was sitting.  However, the people that were leaving were stoked.  I heard people walking out saying "wow, what a show", or "that was awesome"  The reason isn't because people think the show sucks, it's that people leave a Guns show because it's so late and they have jobs to go to the next morning.  Yeah, there are always a few people who don't like the show, but the majority of people last night were really into it.         

Fifth, I thought the new songs that were played were played a hundred times better when I have seen them in the past.  I personally love "Better" when I listen to it in my car, or house.  But LIVE, I have to say I.R.S, and Chinese Democracy were very fuckin impressive.  People around me started to head bang on those songs and really got into it.  For their encore, they opened with Democracy in a way that I've never seen them.  Robin stood upper middle stage and shared an opening riff similar to Welcome To The Jungle.  It obviously wasn't the riff of WTTJ, but the it reminded me of it.  People really liked that intro.

Lastly, I want to say that I think this album is very close to being released.  I say that because of how they played there new songs last night, and 5 at that.  Yeah, Axl may not say anything on stage about how "this is a new song on Chinese Democracy", but the way they presented there new stuff last night, and the way they played it, that's promotion right there!  During CD for example...Robin starting off with an awesome riff to get everyone going, Chinese pictures on the big screen in the back, flames going up behind stage during the whole song!  People knew it was new stuff, and new stuff that wasn't too fuckin bad, if you know what I mean.

It was a great concert and especially for the regualar fan.  What I mean by that is ofcourse, us true die hards have been getting pretty much the same setlist for ever now, and know the new GNR like the back of our hand.  However, the regular fan doesn't.  They go to a GNR show to listen to songs like November Rain, Paradise City, Patience, etc., and that's what they get.  They also get GNR introducing 5 new songs to fans off their forthcoming album.  For me, like I said earlier, I went back and sat down for much of the concert.  That wasn't because I didn't enjoy, but because I wanted a different view.  I have seen them plenty over the past years and wanted to get a different perspective.  What i saw were people really enjoying what they were watching and hearing comments like "Axl's back" or "that was awesome", and seeing people get excited and say "look at him go", while he was running from one end of the stage to the other.  We all know Axl's style and what he does or used to do.  It's nice to see people getting a chance to see it again.  We as die hards obviously want more all the time, but what we have to remember is that we are the minority.  Don't worry, the regular fan is having a blast!     

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
anythinggoes
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »

Cool review thanks for that  ok
mattkipper
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2006, 08:24:31 PM »

ktucker, were you there with your friend/brother ?
Phloyd
Opening Act

Phloyd was here

« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2007, 08:43:10 PM »

heres my review(s)(i posted one review and another based on the crowd atmosphere) i posted on chinesedemocracy.com

Mon Dec 11, 2006
The show was in-fucking-sane. I went with my dad, it was so fun.
The doors opened around 7:15-ish, then we budged in line at the side of the merchandise table, bought shirts, got our seats. Shortly after 8:00 the Suicide Girls came on. Prior to this i had no clue who they were, but now i'm a fan, especially after watching them pour chocolate sauce all over each others bodies. About 20 minutes after SG was Helmet, they were good, but not too many people were entertained, myself included. Then after about a half-hour Sebastian Bach was on. He is Fucking amazing!! The guy has so much energy, and got the crowd really going. Then he did some stupid,but funny, rant about youtube and myspace: "...mytube, yourtube, his tube...... your space, her space..." After he was done we had the 40 mintue wait(sure seemed like it) for Axl and the band of misfits. After about 20 minutes people seemed kinda pissy, i kept thinking "where the fuck is that ugly cornrowed bastard?!". Then the lights went out and the intro music hit, which was kinda bleh.....

Then 'dun nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu', it did that about 4 more times. Then "YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!!!!!!!!" andn a loud BOOM!!! Everybody was going completely nuts and sang through till Better. Most people around me (in the stands) sat down during Better, i was probably one of the few within 20 feet around me who knew the song. Then, if i remember correctly, was Robins Solo, which is when i realized i had a headache. Not man y people dug the solo...... then Sweet Child O'Mine started and everybody was on their feet again. During Dizzy's Solo/ The Blues everybody seemed a bit impatient. I was kinda disappointedf during "Used To Love Her" (love that song) it took Axl singing the first half before anybody sang along...... Once again not mabny people were buying IRS...... In You Could Be Mine most people jum[ped at the loud explosion, myself included. Then Bach came on with commentary by Axl "....thats a nice piece of bass......." Axl's piano solo and november rain were good, but most people sat down during this.... The funny thing about the concert was that after Nightrain some people actually got up and started to leave, tools. Chinese Democracy was awesome, and Madagascar was met with people sitting, except me(i know the song off by heart and was one of three people in my section standing up). Paradise City had the usual energyu that it always has.... then at the end Axl gave out his mic stand, and threw the mic, which i guy a few rows down from me caught. Then the show was over and my father and i had to tackle the 230am drive to vancouver, we got home at 430 and 2 1/2 hours later my dad had togo to work... fun./......

and number 2
Tue Dec 12, 2006
most of the fans were being asses....
GET OVER IT, JUST BECAUSE AXL IS THE ONLY ORIGINAL MEMBER IT DOESNT MEAN THAT GNR CANT ROCK THE FUCK OUT!!!

i was in the stands on the dizzy side of the stage, about 30 feet from Richard Fortus.117 row 10 #6 about a 70 degree(just a guess) angle away from the right speaker.

i had my cell phone up during all the slow/mellow songs, but after a minute or two gave into peer pressure and put it down

i was one of the few in the stands who was going nuts, not only when axl walked to our side, but the whole time. i only sat down 4 times only because my feet hurt and it was just solos.

i felt proud of myself when it was a newer song and axl walked to our side and i was the one of the few standing in the stands
People werent really into the new stuff.... same goes for some of the old, like November rain or used to love her.

i didnt really dance, just bopped up and down a little bit, but went fucking insane for Paradise City.

it was a late night but that isnt an excuse for the way a majority of the fans were at times

I have to add something about the band here:
as i told my dad after the show:
"the new guys are very unique and alothough many people bitch about the new band, these new guys add to the existing songs making them, well better? in a different context. the band has such a different amazing sound added to their old stuff, it makes for a good non-repeated/worn-out-album experiance." -Phloyd Dec.11/06 2:30am

that was alot/hard for me to say..... i was losing my voice and ears were ringing....

once again: good fucking show....

my ears finally stopped ringing this morning (tuesday 8am PST)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: