Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:56:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 324578 times)
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #660 on: March 02, 2016, 04:48:18 PM »

Highlight for me no question ended up being a historic show. August 3rd 1991 at the Forum in LA. Longest GNR show ever. I live in San Diego so a good 2 hour drive in traffic. Saved up money and me and a buddy and 2 girls took a limo up there. First and only time at the forum. Large arena from what I remember. We had somewhat nosebleed high up seats. Skid Row opened up on time tore through their set. Ended about 8:30 to 9pm. A good 2 hour wait. Peeple were getting anxious for sure. Finally at 11pm GNR hit the stage. Over 3 1/2 hours later 31 songs!!  Crazy it was like a marathon. That limo was worth it's wait in gold on the way back. By the time got home sun was coming up

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #661 on: March 07, 2016, 11:13:24 PM »

Highlight for me no question ended up being a historic show. August 3rd 1991 at the Forum in LA. Longest GNR show ever. I live in San Diego so a good 2 hour drive in traffic. Saved up money and me and a buddy and 2 girls took a limo up there. First and only time at the forum. Large arena from what I remember. We had somewhat nosebleed high up seats. Skid Row opened up on time tore through their set. Ended about 8:30 to 9pm. A good 2 hour wait. Peeple were getting anxious for sure. Finally at 11pm GNR hit the stage. Over 3 1/2 hours later 31 songs!!  Crazy it was like a marathon. That limo was worth it's wait in gold on the way back. By the time got home sun was coming up

What a show u saw!!!

axlvai
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #662 on: March 25, 2016, 09:34:33 PM »

Shortly after noon today, est. when I saw the thread that G N' R announced a full North American Tour was one of them. Reality set in at that point that this is really happening.

beer

-KK
KillerK
Opening Act

« Reply #663 on: June 08, 2016, 09:36:01 AM »

I'm a lucky person - I've had so many.

I gotta say it's not just the music - which is amazing as we all know - but it's the people that I've met along the way. The GNR fans.

Detroit - I was having troubles crossing the border cause of being in a rented car and not having "proper papers" a GNR fan unrelated to me told the border patrol to let me in - I mean we could have spit from the border to Philmore's. ha ha ha It took some time, but I got in and was 3rd row GenAdmin. Smiley))

Atlanta - I was driving from Orlando - in a rental - speeding because there was no one on the road. I saw this beautiful mustang - shiny and new. I though it was for sale - I looked for the for sale sign. None. My heart sank. I knew I was booked. Sure enough - cherries went on. I thought to myself, "I'm never gonna make it to this concert". I'm gonna be pulled in for sure. Thankfully, the cop was a GNR fan and loved my gushing about his mustang and joke about Canadian undercovers in their K-cars - he let me go for a fine I could pay online. Considering I was a guest in his country - he could have done a lot worse. Phew! I made it!

In general, I love Axl's banter. It kind of reminds me of Adam Sandler's The wedding singer where the grumpy old man says to Adam, "we paid you to sing not to speak buddy!" and then Adam yells, "I have the mic, so you will listen to everything I have to say", then Adam goes into this AWESOME rendition of "Love stinks" ha ha ha ha It's fucking hilarious. And, you know, I've met some people that don't listen to frontman banter that are assholes like that - but I laugh it off because often it's my GNR highlight Smiley)))) Love you friend Smiley))) xoxoxoxo speak and sing all you want!

axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #664 on: November 06, 2018, 06:30:37 PM »

This is my highlite from today.

https://youtu.be/FqUni6Btx7g

Enjoy

axlvai
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #665 on: June 06, 2019, 11:20:33 PM »

Axl doin some rants about tourin, RS magazine...geffen...

https://youtu.be/FEvQDYrf2qE

axlvai
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #666 on: June 10, 2019, 04:12:49 AM »

I absolutely love this Facebook Memories they are displaying you privately. I didn't even realise it's two years to date when I was in Italy beer

Maybe not the best venue but as always so cool because Anything Goes.
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #667 on: July 28, 2019, 06:24:27 PM »

First of all... i have 33 yo. When GNR played in my country (Chile) in december 2 of 1992... i had only 10 yo and i was 4 hours of distance... and i had one TV only at home and i cant saw the show days later. (But a friend mine taped and saw everyday)

So... my highlight was saw Axl (Gnr) for first time in Chile on march 2010. I had wating a lot of time. And a earthquake 8.8 destroy a lot of stuff here... (search on YT: Chile 2010 heartquake 8.8 ) i cross my fingers to dont have a cancelled show.

We had the show. And Ax was on stage at 00:20 hrs. Hahahaha the best waiting experience of my entire life, my back was destroyed and in a moments we had to sitdown on the floor.

When Axl started the show was the best of the best. The Arena exploded. Thans to Bach for entertain the wating so...

That nite had a lot of Pro Cams from the crew!!! I hope to see that show again sometime.

And thats it. Now my future highlite is a reunion... Axl/Slash/Duff with that 3 on stage i can die happy.

Thanks.

Sorry the english.

GnR forever. #ImOnTheNightrain

Holly jezus christtttt... i dont wanna die.

axlvai
KillerK
Opening Act

« Reply #668 on: August 23, 2019, 12:48:30 AM »

My first speeding ticket! Thanks to GNR...he he he

My driving record is perfect...in Canada.

However, in the US, I got pulled over on the way to Atlanta from Orlando.

I got tix to House of Blues, in Orlando. While I was there, GNR announced a show in Atlanta. I google-mapped it and saw it was a 7-hour drive. I figured I could do it in 5.5 no probs. The driving conditions were pristine (compared to Toronto area: double the trucks, snow, sleet, hail, pounding rain, u name it). Orlando to Atlanta was dry, sunny, no rain, no hurricanes, few trucks, and/or other messes on the I-75. I figured - I got this! I could probably do it in 5, but being conservative 5.5.

I set out in a rental and was making good time. I was approaching Atlanta where the speed limit was 70 mph. I was going with the flow of traffic and had just past construction where we had to slow down. I picked up speed and was breaking out of the pack. Once broke, I saw this immaculate Mustang perfectly placed on a hillside leading down to the highway. It was nearly new, 5.0, silver and shining. I was impressed, and thinking it was for sale. I was actually looking for a 'for sale' sign. Once I passed it doing 83 mph and didn't see a 'for sale' sign, I realized it wasn't for sale. It was a highway cop looking for speeders. My heart sank. I knew I was caught.

Mr. Cop Mustang had his cherries on gunning for me, and I gave him no chase. I pulled over in my rental and awaited my fate. He came to my window and appreciated the knowingness of my mistake. He didn't even bother with the usual, "Do you know why I pulled you over"? Because he and I both knew.

After pressing down my window, I immediately said, "I thought your 'stang' was for sale". "Had I known, you were checking for speeders, I would've slowed down". "Honestly, I was going with the flow of traffick. The driving conditions are excellent, wouldn't you agree?" Insert big Canadian smiles here.

He shook his head at me, and said, "I see you're in a rental, where are you from?". I told him my story of being from Canada, never having a ticket before, and being on my way to GNR. He didn't believe that GNR was still together. I had to show him my ticket. But, once I did, he said, he'd give me a break. Instead of bringing me into the nearest cop-shop to pay my $300 fine, he'd let me go to the concert and make it on-time as long as I paid his online reduced ticket fee of $150.

I was over-the-moon and so grateful that Mustang-driving-US-highway-cop would let me make the concert on-time. And yes, I did pay my American speeding ticket online.

The things that happen on the way to GNR concerts!

That should be another HTGTH topic, right?! 

Thanks, Jarmo for your continued interest in GNR fans experiences, and thanks to all the fans out there listening and continuing to watch and love this band we adore.

My love,

Killer K Smiley

axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #669 on: September 07, 2019, 07:21:42 PM »

well.... im gonna try again  hihi

I went to Perú 2016 and Chile 2016.... i was very happy. My first time goin Lima alone and was awesome WHAT A TRAFFIC THERE! i used the public transport and a lot of fans were there too. Good gunner chat on the makin to the Monumental. Some fans really help me sharing internet with me and i could get some a very good spot for access. The row was very longgggg.

Then Chile!!!! in my place!!! Terrific!!!

I saw the first 2 latinamerican NITL tour.

So one thing happens.... Argentina was next and they got Steven! goddamn it!!!

SO PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! Kick my fkn ass with a fkn big surprise in Santiago Chile 2020!!

axlvai
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: