Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:37:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot Chat @ RosesOfVelvet Last night!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot Chat @ RosesOfVelvet Last night!  (Read 25741 times)
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2006, 07:23:44 PM »

Has anybody ever asked Ron Thal about his thoughts on Buckethead? I think that would be interesting.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
robinfinckfan
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2006, 07:25:15 PM »

Muse > most modern rock bands.

end of story.

and axlrosehunny, calm down, dear lord. ?i thought it was pretty cool seeing other stuff that bumblefoot likes, do we necessarily have to know every little detail about his life with gnr? ?he's not here to give you information about the band, honestly. ?it was just a cool chat that brody organized and it was cool that it was totally spontaneous. ?jeez. ?how do you WANT the conversation to go?

member: so when's chinese democracy coming out?
bumblefoot: can't tell you that
member: have you heard any new songs besides the ones we've already heard
bumblefoot: can't tell you that
bumblefoot: sorry got to go bye

No now that would have been an interview not a chat.. ?Ugh

Honestly I dont know what I would have asked him, becuase I am on the spot. ?But if I knew the chance was there for some kinda chat I would have a bunch of questions lined up, you know...

I really dont know anything about bumblefoot, so a chat like this might have been good to learn something about him right. ? That fact that he was a music teacher was cool to know, but then it didnt go any place.....

I really dont want to get in a debat about him anyways, becuase that is another can of worms. ? But I dont even think he is a member of the band. ?Just a touring musican

yeah there could of been more substance to it but, a online chat with a GnR member is hella cool regardless of where it goes. he's not gonna go in depth for legal reasons and yes- axl would sue his ass off if he was like yea albums comin out ?nov.14 th, were doin 12 new songs live, etc..etc.. take it for what it was, a cool experience for some fellow gunners ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2006, 07:26:07 PM »

i dunno i asked the gnr guitarist some guitar questions and then some questions about gnr and his past and stuff...then about his latest solo album...how to go about meeting gnr after a gig...

i mean, to say that the questions asked were stupid, is kinda like calling those who asked the questions stupid. we knew he wasn't gonna answer stuff about the album or singles or future albums or tours...so we respectfully didn't ask them...as to who might like reading it...fans that want to get to know one of the new guitarists of GnR a bit better. also with 20 some people all saying shit at once it's kinda hard to get a string of questions flowing.

sorry you didn't like it....but it's cool you can have that opinion peace and next time you talk to ron you can ask him better questions yes (but everybody lay off axlrosehunny he's allow to say it sucks...i thought more people would have by now...hell afterwords i was like doh fuck i should asked him this and i shoulda asked him that....hell it was only confirmed @ 9:15pm EST that he would be on @ 9:30pm EST hihi )
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 07:28:19 PM by Neemo » Logged

axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2006, 07:31:36 PM »

i dunno i asked the guitarist guitar questions and then some questions about gnr and his past and stuff...then about his latest solo album...how to go about meeting gnr after a gig...

i mean, to say that the questions asked were stupid, is kinda like calling those who asked the questions stupid. we knew he wasn't gonna answer stuff about the album or singles or future albums or tours...so we respectfully didn't ask them...as to who might like reading it...fans that want to get to know one of the new guitarists of GnR a bit better. also with 20 some people all saying shit at once it's kinda hard to get a string of questions flowing.

sorry you didn't like it....but it's cool you can have that opinion peace and next time you talk to ron you can ask him better questions yes (but everybody lay off axlrosehunny he's allow to say it sucks...i thought more people would have by now...hell afterwords i was like doh fuck i should asked him this and i shoulda asked him that....hell it was only confirmed @ 9:15pm EST that he would be on @ 9:30pm EST hihi )

Thanks dude.  I mean no disrespect for the people asking the questions and I dont want it to seem like I was or am just trying to start any shit over this. 

Your above post puts it in good context.  I just wanted to get a little more out of it, but thats for next time I guess.

Hockey starts tonight!   So I am out

later

If you dont like me, blow me!
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »

hey Neemo, how did bumblefoot tell you go about meeting gnr after a gig?  you can drop me a PM if you want, this is kinda off topic. 

axlrosehunny, i think its fine that you have that opinion, and i meant no offense behind what i said, i just didn't understand your logic, but i'm clear on it now.  Wink
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2006, 07:38:54 PM »

hey Neemo, how did bumblefoot tell you go about meeting gnr after a gig?? you can drop me a PM if you want, this is kinda off topic.?

axlrosehunny, i think its fine that you have that opinion, and i meant no offense behind what i said, i just didn't understand your logic, but i'm clear on it now.? Wink

actually his answer is up there...but it wasn;t very helpful Undecided hihi kinda a hope and pray thing i guess. hopefully with the travel being less than it was in europe we'll get more of a chance to meet them on this leg.  ok

Neemo : so any tips on catching gnr after a gig ron?

Bumblefoot : Neemo - thats a tough one. The security, transportation and travel situation is always different - sometimes there's time to hang and say hello, other times we gotta jump in the bus and head off to the next city, just enough time to wipe the sweat, grab our shit and go...

DoubleTalkingJive :    I actually met you Bumblefoot behind Hammerstein and you were so nice, thanks for being so cool

Bumblefoot : To me, the show aint complete till ya wind down and hang with people, bring shit back down to normal, and connect with everyone more personally, ya know? Thats why id sneak out the back door after all the NY shows... give people some shit to eBay - lol

BLS-Pride : im gonna try and meet you ron in jersey.. ill prob be the only guy there with a BLS shirt on

Jim Bob :    i wouldnt ebay anything the band gives me

DoubleTalkingJive :    Ron you were/are super cool, it was a great end to a great night

WeHeldTogether
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2006, 07:41:28 PM »

oh, i see.  well i'm going to the december 19th show in LA, and its the last show for a month.  so i don't think they'll be rushing to go anywhere, haha.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2006, 07:44:02 PM »

oh, i see.? well i'm going to the december 19th show in LA, and its the last show for a month.? so i don't think they'll be rushing to go anywhere, haha.

yeah i'm goin to toronto so there is a day off and they only gotta travel about 5 or 6 hours to get to quebec so i hope they will stick around after that gig too Smiley

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2006, 07:46:13 PM »

I have an idea.....
KelsisZero
Headliner

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2006, 07:55:09 PM »

sigh.....and of course my computer has to die the night before this happens... Sad

September 20th, The Warfield, San Francisco
December 17th, Gibson Amphitheater, Los Angeles
EFISH
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2006, 07:59:21 PM »

shoulda asked him that....hell it was only confirmed @ 9:15pm EST that he would be on @ 9:30pm EST hihi )

Try logging in to RosesofVelvet like a normal evening, scroll down to see the usual empty chat.. and see that Bumblefoot is there. Then clicking it, and my internet crashes. I freak out, replug it, thank god it works, I get in there, and all of a sudden, im in a chat room with my idol!

haha, yeah talk about notice!  Grin
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2006, 08:32:09 PM »

The members had no clue this was gonna happen.  I thought we did have some cool questions but as everyone said we were limited as far as what we could ask.   It was more in fun then into getting info or drilling him about anything.  Agreed a question about his thoughts on BH would have been cool but again, he replaced BH and in my opinion I don't think I'd want to bring BH up, it's like bringing Slash up it could get weird.   Anyhow, everyone is entitled to there opinion, it was fun and we aren't trying to say it was anything more then that.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Bono
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2006, 08:32:54 PM »

This has to be one of the worst interviews I have ever heard.

I know it was short notice, but being a little prepared always helps.? The people asking the questions were sucking his ass so much!? Unreal.? What was with all the inside questions about lams side projects and indy bands, give me a break.? The Muse suck, why didnt some one tell him that!? I was on this forum for the Inland show and everyone thought that they sucked!?

If you guys are going to give and interview try and do a better job.? ?That is 20 mins of my life I will never get back, because I had to read that horrible interview thinking it was going to get better.

Bono<---? ?"The Muse should open in Edmonton and Calgary"? I would personaly boo them off stage, then hunt you down!

Wow. First off if you really thought "The" Muse sucked you'd at least know they're not called "The" Muse. It's just Muse. Name me one song then we'll talk. ?Oha dn Ron said he liekd Muse so next tiem you come in the chat and tell a member of Gn'r that you're gonna boo their opening act off stage. I'm sure they'll appreciate your attitude. As for hunting me down well go for it. Maybe I'll wear my Vertigo U2 shirt(grey with black sleaves with a big U2 logo on the back) to Edmonton or calgary which ever you prefer. Keep ?in mind ?though that ?it's alot harder to act tough in real life. Sure you apologied but even still that post was pretty fucking rude. Are we supposed to believe that had you been in the chat you'd have ?asked more CD questions. ?BULLSHIT! Every single person in there showed respect and even though all of us were dying to ask those questions we're smart enough and respectful enough to know that Ron couldn't answer those questions and by asking them we'd be ruining thew whole thing. Plus none of us from what I saw were kissing any ass. Just being respectful of a guy who didn't have to do what he did. When Axl does a chat with us we'll ask CD questions untill then keep it shut.

Thanks Brody for setting it up. great job! ok
Bono
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2006, 08:42:49 PM »

Also I thought the question were great. We found out Ron's a Yankees fan(whos' oddly pulling for the mets too Huh) and he likes Boxing. I also like his answer when i asked him about any reservations about joining the band. he answerd that in great detail and unfortunately i don't think brody was able to post his entire answer. We talked about music and Dimebag and who Ron's guitar inspirations/influences were/are.  There's no way anyone in their right mind who'd have bombarded him with CD questions. the vibe in the chat was like a bunch of people just shooting the shit. Why ruin that.  I think the way it went off might encourage Ron to think maybe he'll do it again. If we were to act like a bunch of freak fanboys and girls trying to get inside inof why woudl anyone want to do that for the fans.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2006, 08:53:44 PM »

Mr. Ron Thal is just mind-blowingly personable!  What an amazing human being.  I'm proud he's a part of GNR.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bono
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2006, 08:57:24 PM »

Mr. Ron Thal is just mind-blowingly personable!? What an amazing human being.? I'm proud he's a part of GNR.

So True. everything I've ever heard about the guy form peole who ahev met him say he's just a  great guy. last night really makes me wonder why more bands don't do that. I'm not sure what Ron's schedule is like but he spent an hour and a half with everyone in the chat and that hour and a half made everyone's week.  An easy thing to do that results in huge appreciation from the fans. ok
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2006, 09:01:18 PM »

And he is a firm believer of Lemmy.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2006, 10:39:10 PM »

I think its great that Ron is so cool with the fans, but this shit is nuts. This is less of a band and more of a dictatorship when nobody except Axl seems to have any clue what is going on. If Lars or Kirk from Metallica did an interview do you think they would ever say, "sorry please see management about that" -Hell NO! I think Ron is great but he seems to be on the same leash as the rest of the band. 

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2006, 10:46:20 PM »

This has to be one of the worst interviews I have ever heard.

I know it was short notice, but being a little prepared always helps.  The people asking the questions were sucking his ass so much!  Unreal.  What was with all the inside questions about lams side projects and indy bands, give me a break.  The Muse suck, why didnt some one tell him that!  I was on this forum for the Inland show and everyone thought that they sucked! 

If you guys are going to give and interview try and do a better job.   That is 20 mins of my life I will never get back, because I had to read that horrible interview thinking it was going to get better.

Bono<---   "The Muse should open in Edmonton and Calgary"  I would personaly boo them off stage, then hunt you down!

Wow. First off if you really thought "The" Muse sucked you'd at least know they're not called "The" Muse. It's just Muse. Name me one song then we'll talk.  Oha dn Ron said he liekd Muse so next tiem you come in the chat and tell a member of Gn'r that you're gonna boo their opening act off stage. I'm sure they'll appreciate your attitude. As for hunting me down well go for it. Maybe I'll wear my Vertigo U2 shirt(grey with black sleaves with a big U2 logo on the back) to Edmonton or calgary which ever you prefer. Keep  in mind  though that  it's alot harder to act tough in real life. Sure you apologied but even still that post was pretty fucking rude. Are we supposed to believe that had you been in the chat you'd have  asked more CD questions.  BULLSHIT! Every single person in there showed respect and even though all of us were dying to ask those questions we're smart enough and respectful enough to know that Ron couldn't answer those questions and by asking them we'd be ruining thew whole thing. Plus none of us from what I saw were kissing any ass. Just being respectful of a guy who didn't have to do what he did. When Axl does a chat with us we'll ask CD questions untill then keep it shut.

Thanks Brody for setting it up. great job! ok

Woooo, so someone took this personally.  Listen you are a fellow Canadian.  But if you want to rock I am Section 113 Row 10 Seat 4 of the Calgary show.  Stop by.  Have a beer.  Want more, bring it, dont sing it.

I said nothing of asking CD questions.  I posted my thoughts earlier, go back and read.  You read one post and judge my entire thread of conversation...    Bono sucks...

Anyways....  The Muse do suck.  I cant name 1 song, because I dont know one song.  Only time in my life I heard them where at Inland.   I can name you that one song that went on for 40 mins.  Its called shit.   The part about looking you up and shit was a joke, get over home boy.  The fact that this band is crap is true and if they were in Canana I would be sick, as would many other HARD ROCK FANS.

One thing you should take to heart though winner.   I did say that most of the people in the chat were sucking BBF Ass's.  But  out of them, you were by far the worst.

No hard feelings......

If you dont like me, blow me!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2006, 10:56:13 PM »

Honey, it's been obvious for years that there's a gag order on players in the band for years regarding stuff that you "really want to know". Also a lot of stuff that they may plain not know about. There would really be no point in asking. It wouldn't have accomplished anything.

It was nice of Foot to do a chat for that long.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: