Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:26:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread  (Read 126101 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2006, 01:37:48 PM »

Crosby and Malkin are the next Jagr and Lemieux.  This is just what the Penguins need.  These guys are pretty exciting to watch. 

have to agree about that, hopefully they will play together throughout their careers, in that case, they will be one of the greatest duos ever yes

Whats great is you can see teams just watching crosby with the puck and malkin gets SO wide open to set himself up to take a quality shot.  If you focus on one of them, the other will burn you.  I think its next to impossible to cover them both at the same time.  I love Armstrong on that line too, guy is so gritty and tough.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2006, 10:17:48 AM »

buffalo loses to toronto and sundin was great, oh yeah yes first buffalo loss this season right?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2006, 11:42:25 AM »

First regulation loss....Leafs look awsome this year...I love it

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2006, 12:34:51 PM »

Leafs looked really impressive last night. They literally took Max out of the game and attacked a defense that had a rookie making his second start that night. Sabres weren't passing well and the Leafs recognized it and put major pressure on them, getting a ton of turnovers int he Buffalo end. And other than that dive that Tucker did, they played a fair game.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2006, 12:55:05 PM »

I haven't had time to watch lindros in dallas, is he any good? points in what line is he and stuff?
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2006, 09:15:30 PM »

First regulation loss....Leafs look awsome this year...I love it

What Leafs team are you watching?

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2006, 10:22:14 PM »

The one thats doing alot better then last year and just beat possible the two best teams in the league being Buffalo and Atlanta

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2006, 09:57:09 AM »

Oh _that_ Leafs...

The penguins have a game again tonight... A bit scared because of the Sharks loss, but then again.. The sharks have been pretty good all year. But the Ducks seem very solid and appear to have no regulation losses this year. I'm hoping that'll change tonight.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 10:00:55 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2006, 04:03:22 AM »

The one thats doing alot better then last year and just beat possible the two best teams in the league being Buffalo and Atlanta

Yeah, maybe the two best in the East, but that won't do them any good when the play-offs come (or as the Leafs say, "There's always next year")

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2006, 11:36:20 AM »

I am having fun watching my Flyers here in Philly - does anyone think that they can salvage the season?

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2006, 04:32:36 PM »

Sundin Out Three to Four Weeks

November 8, 2006

TORONTO (CP) -- Just when things were rolling along for the Toronto Maple Leafs they suffered a huge blow.

Superstar captain Mats Sundin will be out three to four weeks with a right elbow injury.

``It's a slight tear of the ligament,'' Leafs GM John Ferguson said Wednesday. ``It happened in the first period (of Monday's game against Philadelphia) and he played the rest of the game. He won the faceoff for the winning goal in the third period. ...

``But he was obviously under some great deal of discomfort after the game.''

Sundin led the Leafs with 19 points (8-11) in 17 games. The 36-year-old centre was especially hot in the last five games, collecting nine points (3-6).

The Maple Leafs are 5-1-0 in their past six games.

Ferguson said it's up to other forwards to step up, much like the defence did in the absence of injured blue-liners Pavel KubinaQuick View, Andrew Wozniewski, Carlo ColaiacovoQuick View and Staffan Kronwall

``Brendan Bell and Ian White along with Hall Gill and Tomas Kaberle and Bryan McCabe especially _ they were not only able to get us through that but really come through for us,'' said Ferguson. ``So this is going to be an opportunity up front. You don't replace Mats, but it is going to be an opportunity for others to demonstrate their abilities to handle more.

``Handle more responsibility, handle more ice time and be difference makers for us.''

Darcy Tucker is next in scoring on Toronto with 16 points (10-6) in 17 games, followed by Kaberle (13 points), and Alexei Ponikarovsky, Kyle Wellwood and Matt Stajan View all at 12 points apiece.

The Leafs are at Boston on Thursday followed by a home game with Montreal on Saturday. Then the Leafs get a bit of break, off until Nov. 16 at Boston.

Sundin missed 12 games early last season after he suffered a fractured lower orbital bone when his left eye was struck by a puck in the season opener.

He came back to score 31 goals and 47 assists in 69 games, his 78 points tops on the club despite missing time.

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2006, 05:05:28 PM »

damn it.. i hope mats recover quickly
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2006, 05:47:53 PM »

I am having fun watching my Flyers here in Philly - does anyone think that they can salvage the season?

Having fun?  Shocked

I used to think they could salvage it but I don't know what to think about them right now. I think they are better than they have been playing, but for whatever reason it is just not working.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2006, 09:25:29 AM »

i said it before and i'll say it again, the flyers do not have the personnel to win. they are a bad team.

still, we have two key pieces in place - i think nittimaki has the potential to be a top 3 goalie in the league. and we have forsberg.

a couple smart trades could make us competitive. we have some room under the cap which helps.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2006, 12:42:14 AM »

Flyers really need to get some speed on D and Offense - it his killing me the way they are playing - too much talent to be this bad.

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
ColdNovemberRain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2006, 03:39:13 AM »

Im still a noob here, so i dont wanna run my mouth too much Grin, but the LEAFS WILL BE OWNED BY THE SABRES ALL YEAR.  Ya got lucky and caught us on a bad night and won one game.... but the SABS are goin to the cup!!!!

yes, im born n bred hailing from BUFFALO NY!!!

Go 49ERS!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2006, 01:25:50 PM »

Raycroft is hurt now to with a groin injury I think

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2006, 01:28:49 PM »

And by the way I ment to post this a long time ago when everyone was talking about Don Cherry and all the injuries and the new equipment and Don Cherry said its not the hitting thats hurting people its the new equipment, Go back to the old equipment and there wont be so many head injuruies,etc...So when i was in Fontanes the other day I took a look at some new elbowpads and man oh man...My elbow pads are soft as hell and have gel int hem...These ones which were mens enior were hard and very pointy...Like i mean hard plastic...No wonder why people get hurt when there hit with them...Change the equipment back just like Grapes said

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2006, 06:36:57 PM »

i said it before and i'll say it again, the flyers do not have the personnel to win. they are a bad team.

still, we have two key pieces in place - i think nittimaki has the potential to be a top 3 goalie in the league. and we have forsberg.

a couple smart trades could make us competitive. we have some room under the cap which helps.

They are playing bad but they shouldn't be *this* bad. Their offensive talent is pretty good but they are getting nothing from them. I'm not sure if any trades will turn things around at this point.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2006, 02:37:46 AM »

And by the way I ment to post this a long time ago when everyone was talking about Don Cherry and all the injuries and the new equipment and Don Cherry said its not the hitting thats hurting people its the new equipment, Go back to the old equipment and there wont be so many head injuruies,etc...So when i was in Fontanes the other day I took a look at some new elbowpads and man oh man...My elbow pads are soft as hell and have gel int hem...These ones which were mens enior were hard and very pointy...Like i mean hard plastic...No wonder why people get hurt when there hit with them...Change the equipment back just like Grapes said

If I remember correctly, all pro leagues have banned hard-capped elbow pads.  However, if it has like a hard cap covered in leather, then apparently it's ok to wear them.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: