Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:51:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread  (Read 126188 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2007, 06:35:18 PM »

The Los Angeles Kings have traded centre Sean Avery and prospect John Seymour to the New York Rangers for right winger Jason Ward along with prospects Marc-Andre Cliche and Jan Marek.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2007, 10:43:53 PM »

How ridiculous are the penguins right now?  Have they lost a game in 2007??  Of course I get the NHL center ice package LAST year when they sucked ass and this year decided to save some money - what a dumb move that was.  I'm missing some great games.  Thank god for youtube.

I don't know who is going to get rookie of the year, Malkin or Staal.  Staal is playing so well right now, first NHL career hat trick tonight.  Pens take down the Leafs in OT.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2007, 11:32:33 PM »

Gaustad is a big loss for the Sabres. Paille and Stafford better mature quickly.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2007, 11:22:40 AM »

How ridiculous are the penguins right now?? Have they lost a game in 2007??? Of course I get the NHL center ice package LAST year when they sucked ass and this year decided to save some money - what a dumb move that was.? I'm missing some great games.? Thank god for youtube.

I don't know who is going to get rookie of the year, Malkin or Staal.? Staal is playing so well right now, first NHL career hat trick tonight.? Pens take down the Leafs in OT.

Yes....hard to believe, but the Pens are on fire again.  It's been a long time coming, but I'm so glad to see that it's here, and even better - without the looming shadow of Lemieux.   I've been in the habit of NOT watching for so long, that I keep missing more games than I want to...
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2007, 11:57:30 AM »

The Hurricanes have acquired centre Josef Vasicek from the Nashville Predators in exchange for centre Eric Belanger.

The Nashville Predators picked up the veteran defenceman they were seeking Saturday when they sent centre Eric Belanger to the Atlanta Thrashers for defenceman Vitaly Vishnevski. The trade was the second in two days for Belanger, who was acquired by Nashville from the Carolina Hurricanes for centre Josef Vasicek.

The Calgary Flames have nabbed the most coveted defenceman on the market more than two weeks before the NHL trade deadline. The Boston Bruins traded defenceman Brad Stuart, forward Wayne Primeau and a conditional draft pick to the Flames on Saturday for defenceman Andrew Ference and forward Chuck Kobasew. The Flames expect both Stuart and Primeau to be in the lineup on Sunday when Calgary ends a three-game road trip in Detroit.It's the second big deal made by Flames GM Darryl Sutter in the past two weeks. Calgary acquired centre Craig Conroy from Los Angeles on Jan. 29.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2007, 12:01:32 PM »

what a joke the bruins have become

they gave away thorton....now 2 of the 3 guys they got for him are

Andrew Ference and Chuck Kobasew Roll Eyes the GM should be hung by his toenails on the back of a zamboni hihi

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2007, 01:37:21 AM »

Gaustad is a big loss for the Sabres. Paille and Stafford better mature quickly.

Spacek is out indefinitely with a broken hand... Bummer!!  Undecided
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2007, 01:01:15 PM »

Ladislav Nagy is a member of the Dallas Stars. Dallas acquired the forward from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for winger Mathias Tjarnqvist and a first-round draft pick.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2007, 03:26:49 PM »

Spacek is out indefinitely with a broken hand... Bummer!!? Undecided

Yea, but they can just move Paestch back to defense (he was playing forward temporarily). Spacek's a fine player, but Paestch is a very good young player.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2007, 12:46:20 AM »

Spacek is out indefinitely with a broken hand... Bummer!!? Undecided

Yea, but they can just move Paestch back to defense (he was playing forward temporarily). Spacek's a fine player, but Paestch is a very good young player.

Of course..But Paestch was so killin it as a forward.... I think he coulda brought alot to the table there... but its good he can do both!

Although if Connely makes it back in time for the Playoffs headbanger
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 12:53:26 AM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2007, 04:34:18 PM »

They don't have to cap room for Connolly to return unless they make a move at the deadline.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2007, 08:24:18 PM »

Do you think if Connely is ready to go they wont play him??

I think Darcy will be pretty much forced to squeeze him in....
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »

Oh, if Connolly is coming back, they'll move someone. Last year, Connolly was a huge catalyst for guys like Max and especially Kotalik. His playmaking is very valuable. I just don't know who'll have to be moved, or if there's some complex cap stuff they can work out.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2007, 09:47:39 PM »

IMO This is one of the few bad moves Darcy has made... There was no reason to sign him to that kind of money, when he wouldnt be playing for the season...
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2007, 04:16:02 PM »

Doan agrees to five-year deal with Coyotes

Sources tell TSN that Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan has agreed to a five-year deal for a total of almost $23 million to remain with the organization.

Doan's agent JP Barry met with Phoenix management in Florida earlier this week and the negotiation continued through last night en-route to striking the deal.

The contract hasn't been signed and there are some "house keeping" issues to be resolved, but the key components, the term, the dollars and a highly coveted no-movement clause have been agreed to.

Doan, originally drafted 7th overall by the Winnipeg Jets in the 1995 Entry Draft remains the only active player on the Coyotes roster who transferred to Phoenix when the franchise relocated in 1996.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2007, 05:39:38 PM »

IMO This is one of the few bad moves Darcy has made... There was no reason to sign him to that kind of money, when he wouldnt be playing for the season...

Connolly isn't getting huge money, and he's a great player they thought could be back in January. They were wrong, but I'm glad he's still here.

As for Doan, well without Nagy around they can pay Doan any amount of money to stay for the rest of his career.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2007, 08:06:39 AM »

i went to the devils-canadiens game last night in the meadowlands. good game...there was an incredible fight AND a penalty shot. devils look good and could win it all this year.

that's a decent arena they play in. but i'm looking forward to checking out the new one in newark next season.

and the arena was empty. there was a couple thousand people there. you could literally sit in any section you wanted.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2007, 08:33:08 AM »

I really have been avoiding posting here... Usually when I post here, the next game the Penguins lose.

I'm defying destiny here, but here goes.

It's been amazing last 15 games for 'us' (I also don't like to use that term since I really have nothing to do with them winning). Despite Crosby not scoring in the last 8 or 9 games, the Pens are 13-0-2 in the 15 game run and 9-0-1 in their last 10. Clearly the hottest team in the league at the moment. And for now pretty securely going to the playoffs. Though it is so close in the east that they could easily drop, I don't see that in the cards if they stay healthy and keep playing like that. One thing that I am a bit worried about is the way 2 or sometimes 3 goal leads are blown a bit too easily. Till now the wins have kept on coming, but there's gonna be that day when you won't get that second chance and hope that you would've held on to that lead.

The next game is away at New Jersey (first of the 4 times "we"'ll be playing them within a month if I'm not mistaken) and that should say a lot about the current condition (like the 13-02 streak isn't saying enough).

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2007, 07:43:07 PM »

Forsberg headed to Predators

Sources tell TSN the Nashville Predators have agreed to trade Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a first round pick and a third round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for Peter Forsberg.

It is important to note that while the two teams may have agreed on the players involved, the deal is not official until it is approved by the league via a trade call involving both teams and NHL Central Registry. Sources say that call has not been completed, so it is premature to say that the deal has been finalized, only that it has been tentatively agreed to by both teams and it is expected.

Forsberg was on the ice for warm-ups for Thursday's game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, but he was scratched from the lineup.

In 40 games with the Flyers this season Forsberg has 11 goals and 29 assists.  He is also leads the Flyers with a +2 plus/minus rating.

Forsberg has missed 16 games with a variety of injuries this season including a concussion, an injured groin and a sore back.

Details to follow.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2007, 01:22:55 PM »

Sakic scores 600th as Avs top Flames

It wasn't the prettiest goal Joe Sakic has ever scored, but it was more than enough to put him into some very select company.

Sakic scored twice, including his 600th career goal into an empty net, and added three assists to lead the Colorado Avalanche to a 7-5 win over the Calgary Flames on Thursday night.

Sakic became the 17th player in NHL history to record the 600-goal plateau. He joins Brendan Shanahan and Jaromir Jagr, who both achieved the milestone earlier this year with the New York Rangers.

''The opportunity was there and it's not something that you'd write up, but I'll take it any way I can,'' Sakic said. ''The most important thing is getting the win.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: