Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:19:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread  (Read 126244 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2007, 03:41:48 PM »

Buffalo Trade for a Pair

Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier announced today the team has acquired center Dainius Zubrus and defenseman Timo Helbling from Washington, in exchange for center Jiri Novotny and Buffalo's first-round selection in the 2007 Entry Draft.

Zubrus, 28, (DAYN-ihs ZOO-brus) has played in 60 games for the Capitals this season, recording 20 goals and 32 assists, along with 52 PIMs. Currently in his 12th NHL season, Zubrus has 352 points (134+218) in 670 games with Washington, Montreal and Philadelphia. Last season was Zubrus' best in the NHL, finishing with 57 points (23+34) in 71 games, including 13 PP goals and 5 GWG. He also has 14 points (7+7) in 36 career playoff games. Zubrus was originally selected by Philadelphia in the first round (15th overall) in the 1996 Entry Draft.

Helbling (25 years old, 6-3, 217 lbs.) has one assist in 11 career NHL games with Washington and Tampa Bay. He was originally selected by Nashville in the sixth round, 162nd overall, in 1999 Entry Draft. He was traded to Tampa Bay by Nashville for Tampa Bay's eighth-round choice (Pekka Rinne) in 2004 Entry Draft, Feb. 25, 2004. Washington signed Helbling as a free agent on August 8, 2006.

Novotny was Buffalo's first-round choice (22nd overall) in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. He had 13 points (6+7) in 50 games with Buffalo this season.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2007, 03:58:11 PM »

Oilers trade forward Smyth to Islanders

Unable to reach a long-term deal with their heart-and-soul player, the Edmonton Oilers instead traded Ryan Smyth to the New York Islanders for prospects Ryan O'Marra and Robert Nilsson and the Islanders' first-round pick in 2007.
The two-year, $7 million US contract Smyth signed in 2005 expires after this season, when he will be eligible for unrestricted free agency. It remains possible, therefore, that Smyth could re-sign with the Oilers in the summer ? assuming today's trade didn't sour his thoughts on the prospect of a return. And, of course, the Oilers would still have to meet his asking price.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »

according to TSN no GM's knew about it....so they couldnt have possibly picked the best offer on him...why do this?

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2007, 04:04:37 PM »

according to TSN no GM's knew about it....so they couldnt have possibly picked the best offer on him...why do this?

Mabye they really like the two prospects?
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2007, 04:06:43 PM »

Stupid stupid stupid. Gotta keep Smyth, what is wrong with them?

Ted Nolan's got the Islanders playing above their skill and now with Smyth I see them in the playoffs.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2007, 04:09:26 PM »

fuck that....they are in a playoff hunt....he is their heart and soul player....hes young and the fans love him....it makes no sense...they had money to sign him .... unless they dont think hes worth the money Undecided i dunno i wish detroit woulda got him instead of bertuzzi hihi anyway sad day if i was an oiler fan.... ?Cry i mean i got a soft spot for them always...its just a puzzling move

yeah CC....its gonna be a log jam into the playoffs in the east

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2007, 04:19:53 PM »

Centre Boyes goes from Bruins to Blues

The Boston Bruins have parted ways with centre Brad Boyes, trading him to the St. Louis Blues for defenceman Dennis Wideman.Boyes has 13 goals and 34 points this season.The 24-year-old had a team-best 43 assists and finished second on the squad with 69 points in 2005-06 season. He finished third among first-year players in the league in assists and points and earned a berth on the NHL All-Rookie Team.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »

fuck that....they are in a playoff hunt....he is their heart and soul player....hes young and the fans love him....it makes no sense...they had money to sign him .... unless they dont think hes worth the money Undecided i dunno i wish detroit woulda got him instead of bertuzzi hihi anyway sad day if i was an oiler fan.... ?Cry i mean i got a soft spot for them always...its just a puzzling move

yeah CC....its gonna be a log jam into the playoffs in the east

I agree Neemo... No way they shoulda let him go... but they just might do it so they can get those guys, then resign him next year... Fucked up in my book, but whatever!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2007, 10:26:01 PM »

Ryan Smyth to the New York Islanders?

stupid stupid oilers rant

That's what ESPN is saying too.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2007, 11:36:16 PM »

Oh you Buffalo homers...

I give up.

In other news, I did a combination of the funky chicken, the safety dance, and Snoopy's dancing from A Charlie Brown Christmas for a full two hours straight upon hearing of the Penguins 4 trades-- Laraque, Roberts, Kwiatkowski, and a goalie bound for the AHL for 2 prospects and 3 picks.

Three of the Pens' big four holes got closed with those trades.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2007, 12:32:02 AM »

Stupid NJ...

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2007, 01:14:49 AM »

Oh you Buffalo homers...

I give up.

Good, because you know you lost  Grin

Dude if it happened to your team you'd know whats up...
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2007, 11:46:40 AM »

It's happened to my team.

I got over it.

Shit happens.

Deal with it.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2007, 10:29:04 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/hockey/nhl/03/02/kaberle.leafs.ap/index.html?eref=si_hockey

See you let these worthless thugs get away with this shit, and it keeps happening.... The NHL really needs to get tough on this horse shit  no
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #234 on: March 03, 2007, 11:52:25 AM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/hockey/nhl/03/02/kaberle.leafs.ap/index.html?eref=si_hockey

See you let these worthless thugs get away with this shit, and it keeps happening.... The NHL really needs to get tough on this horse shit  no

Cry me a river.  If the players don't like it, they should learn to defend themselves.  Remember? Like hockey USED to be?

Shit happens, you deal with it.  And shit will happen.  You either defend yourself, get someone to defend you, or you don't play.  Don't castrate the game just to appease the whiners and anti-fighting, anti-hitting, anti-everything faction.

Don't blame Janssen for the hit, blame the Leafs for not coming to their teammates aid.  I saw the hit, Kaberle should have been expecting it.  Janssens kept coming at him from the front, and hit him with a clean hit.  It's not Janssen's fault that Kaberle CHOSE to turn away and just imagine that he was no longer a legal target to be hit.

Kaberle brought this on by himself, as did the Leafs as a whole by not having anyone to counteract the potential for physical play.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2007, 12:11:29 PM »

^ Janssen jumped up into the hit. That's over the line regardless of the 'toughness' you want in the game. The Leafs should have ran Brodeur and head-hunted some stars to respond. You can't let a player of Kaberle's quality take hits like that, especially when they're going to need him to push past Montreal and Carolina to get in the playoffs.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2007, 02:10:25 PM »

See you let these worthless thugs get away with this shit, and it keeps happening.... The NHL really needs to get tough on this horse shit? no

Cry me a river.? If the players don't like it, they should learn to defend themselves.? Remember? Like hockey USED to be?

Shit happens, you deal with it.? And shit will happen.? You either defend yourself, get someone to defend you, or you don't play.? Don't castrate the game just to appease the whiners and anti-fighting, anti-hitting, anti-everything faction.

Don't blame Janssen for the hit, blame the Leafs for not coming to their teammates aid.? I saw the hit, Kaberle should have been expecting it.? Janssens kept coming at him from the front, and hit him with a clean hit.? It's not Janssen's fault that Kaberle CHOSE to turn away and just imagine that he was no longer a legal target to be hit.

Kaberle brought this on by himself, as did the Leafs as a whole by not having anyone to counteract the potential for physical play.

Wow you are unbelievable.... Dont blame him for the hit, it was clean?!!? The guy jumps toward his head 3 seconds LATE... Its worthless...

I'm not anti-hittng, anti fighting, or anything like that... Until a guy leaves on a strecher because of a cowardly player.....

Yes, Toronto should have responded, they're physical enough of a team to do so!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2007, 02:17:20 PM »

Cry me a river.  If the players don't like it, they should learn to defend themselves.  Remember? Like hockey USED to be?

Shit happens, you deal with it.  And shit will happen.  You either defend yourself, get someone to defend you, or you don't play.  Don't castrate the game just to appease the whiners and anti-fighting, anti-hitting, anti-everything faction.

Don't blame Janssen for the hit, blame the Leafs for not coming to their teammates aid.  I saw the hit, Kaberle should have been expecting it.  Janssens kept coming at him from the front, and hit him with a clean hit.  It's not Janssen's fault that Kaberle CHOSE to turn away and just imagine that he was no longer a legal target to be hit.

You're fucking pathetic, How is someone supposed to defend themselves when there knocked out cause of an elbow to the head, it was 3 going on 4 seconds late and Kaberle was turning up ice to jump into the play because he was out of the play which means there was no need to hit him, It was a gutless move and fuck I wish someone would have ended his career for that, I cant wait until they play in a few weeks, Theres a difference between hitting,fighting,etc and dirty hits, That was just plan dirty and uncalled for

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2007, 06:02:54 PM »

NHL suspends Devils' Janssen for hit

The NHL has suspended New Jersey Devils tough guy Cam Janssen three games for his hit on Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Tomas Kaberle.

I came up with an idea while I was watching this, What do yas think about if jsut in certain situations where it was somehting obvious, not for all occasions but somehting obvious where the player was hurt as a result of a headshot or super late hit or whatever, if the player is hurt then the person who hit him is suspended until that player is cleared to return, Now remember its only for certains occasions where its obvious there was an intent to injure or whatever, what do yous think?

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #239 on: March 04, 2007, 12:49:57 AM »

NHL suspends Devils' Janssen for hit

The NHL has suspended New Jersey Devils tough guy Cam Janssen three games for his hit on Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Tomas Kaberle.

I came up with an idea while I was watching this, What do yas think about if jsut in certain situations where it was somehting obvious, not for all occasions but somehting obvious where the player was hurt as a result of a headshot or super late hit or whatever, if the player is hurt then the person who hit him is suspended until that player is cleared to return, Now remember its only for certains occasions where its obvious there was an intent to injure or whatever, what do yous think?

Dont like that idea... It should be at least time and a half, but preferably DOUBLE, what the injured player misses  ok
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: