Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:29:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread  (Read 126212 times)
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #400 on: April 20, 2007, 09:51:06 PM »

let's go bruins!!

oh, wait, they aint in the playoffs...well, let's go Chris Drury...at least he's from Boston.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #401 on: April 20, 2007, 10:03:36 PM »

is the next flames/wings game in calgary as well? this sucks hihi

i hate the 2-3-2 series format no

The format is 2-2-1-1-1
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #402 on: April 21, 2007, 10:04:55 PM »

Crosby played with broken foot from mid-March on

PITTSBURGH (AP) -NHL scoring champion Sidney Crosby played the final 2 1/2 weeks of the regular season and the playoffs with a broken left foot, an injury the Pittsburgh Penguins star didn't disclose until Saturday.

Crosby revealed the injury when he explained why he won't play in the world championships in Moscow. Crosby was expected to join Team Canada for the second year in a row after Pittsburgh was eliminated by Ottawa in the first round of the NHL playoffs.

Crosby believes he broke a bone in the foot while blocking a shot March 16 against Montreal, but he didn't miss any games. He had five goals and nine assists in his final 11 regular season games and three goals and two assists in five playoff games.

"The first two weeks were pretty sore," Crosby said as the Penguins players assembled Saturday before breaking for the summer. "After a couple of weeks, it starts to heal and it got a little better after that. It just needs time. ... After a couple of weeks, it didn't have any effect."

The game after he was hurt, Crosby had a goal and an assist against Ottawa on March 18 but then went scoreless in his next three games. Less than two weeks after getting hurt, he had two goals and an assist March 25 against Boston and a goal and an assist March 27 against Washington.

Crosby was in discomfort at times during the playoffs, but made certain he would not worsen the injury by playing.

Despite getting hurt, the 19-year-old Crosby became the youngest player to win the NHL scoring title with 120 points.

Crosby is disappointed he won't play in the world championships, where he was the leading scorer last year with eight goals and eight assists in nine games.

"It would have been a huge thrill to play for Team Canada," he said.

Next season, Crosby will be entering the final year of the three-year entry-level contract he signed after being drafted in 2005. He is hopeful of working out a new deal so he won't become an unrestricted free agent following the 2007-08 season.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2007, 10:40:25 PM »

So the East is decided (I'm sure you guys already know this but whatever, I'll post it anyways)

1 Buffalo vs. 6 New York Rangers
2. New Jersey vs. 4 Ottawa

West is still waiting on Dal/Van and Cal/Det.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #404 on: April 23, 2007, 12:14:19 AM »

Those should be two great series.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #405 on: April 23, 2007, 01:14:33 AM »

Johan Franzen is a homo, and I'll be cheering for whomever plays against the Wings.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #406 on: April 23, 2007, 02:11:19 AM »

San Jose most likely i think.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #407 on: April 23, 2007, 10:42:35 AM »

Johan Franzen is a homo, and I'll be cheering for whomever plays against the Wings.

you love him hihi

SanJose is gonna be tough....i hope dallas wins hihi let SJ and Anaheim wear each other out ok

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #408 on: April 23, 2007, 04:33:28 PM »

I hope Dallas wins too but they just can't seem to buy a goal most of the time. Turco is gonna have to stand on his head again to get them a third straight win.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #409 on: April 23, 2007, 05:41:14 PM »

I hope Dallas wins too but they just can't seem to buy a goal most of the time. Turco is gonna have to stand on his head again to get them a third straight win.

I think you have that mixed up... Vancouver hasnt scored in more than 2 games  hihi
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #410 on: April 23, 2007, 05:55:40 PM »

I think you have that mixed up... Vancouver hasnt scored in more than 2 games  hihi

Dallas isn't exactly lighting the lamps much this series either. Turco is the reason they haven't he has been incredible last two games.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #411 on: April 23, 2007, 09:23:22 PM »

2007 EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS

Series "I"                       Time (ET)   #1 Buffalo vs. #6 NY Rangers      Network
Wednesday, April 25    7:00 p.m.     NY Rangers at Buffalo                  VERSUS
Friday, April 27               7:00 p.m.     NY Rangers at Buffalo                  VERSUS
Sunday, April 29            2:00 p.m.     Buffalo at NY Rangers                  NBC
Tuesday, May 1             7:00 p.m.     Buffalo at NY Rangers                  VERSUS
* Friday, May 4               7:00 p.m.     NY Rangers at Buffalo                  VERSUS
* Sunday, May 6            2:00 p.m.     Buffalo at NY Rangers                  NBC
* Tuesday, May 8          7:00 p.m.     NY Rangers at Buffalo                  VERSUS

Series "J"                     Time (ET)    #2 New Jersey vs. #4 Ottawa    Network
Thursday, April 26        7:00 p.m.    Ottawa at New Jersey   
Saturday, April 28         8:00 p.m.    Ottawa at New Jersey                    VERSUS
Monday, April 30           7:00 p.m.    New Jersey at Ottawa                    VERSUS
Wednesday, May 2       7:00 p.m.    New Jersey at Ottawa                    VERSUS
* Saturday, May 5          8:00 p.m.    Ottawa at New Jersey                    VERSUS
* Monday, May 7            7:00 p.m.    New Jersey at Ottawa                    VERSUS
* Wednesday, May 9    7:00 p.m.    Ottawa at New Jersey   

2007 WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS

Series "K"                    Time (ET)    #1 Detroit vs. Dallas/San Jose    Network
Thursday, April 26        7:30 p.m.      Dallas/San Jose at Detroit          VERSUS
Saturday, April 28         3:00 p.m.      Dallas/San Jose at Detroit          NBC
Monday, April 30          9/10:00 p.m. Detroit at Dallas/San Jose          VERSUS
Wednesday, May 2      9/10:00 p.m. Detroit at Dallas/San Jose          VERSUS
* Saturday, May 5         2:00 p.m.       Dallas/San Jose at Detroit          NBC
* Monday, May 7            TBD               Detroit at Dallas/San Jose          VERSUS
* Wednesday, May 9    TBD               Dallas/San Jose at Detroit          VERSUS

Series "L"                    Time (ET)    #2 Anaheim vs. S.J./Vancouver        Network
Wednesday, April 25   10:00 p.m.    San Jose/Vancouver at Anaheim    VERSUS
Friday, April 27              10:00 p.m.    San Jose/Vancouver at Anaheim    VERSUS
Sunday, April 29           8:00 p.m.      Anaheim at San Jose/Vancouver     VERSUS
Tuesday, May 1            10:00 p.m.    Anaheim at San Jose/Vancouver     VERSUS
* Thursday, May 3         9:00 p.m.     San Jose/Vancouver at Anaheim     VERSUS
* Sunday, May 6            TBD              Anaheim at San Jose/Vancouver     VERSUS
* Tuesday, May 8          TBD              San Jose/Vancouver at Anaheim     VERSUS

A much better tv schedule for round 2. I will get to see most of the Rangers/Buffalo series
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #412 on: April 24, 2007, 09:11:03 AM »

just for shits and giggles....if you picked the right team to advance you got 1 pt....the scores for round 1 are

Neemo - 7
Malcolm - 8 (Good Job Malcolm!)
Skeba - 5
Timothy25 - 7

so whats everybodys round two predictions?

East

(6) New York Rangers vs. (1) Buffalo Sabres? - Sabres in 6

(4) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) New Jersey Devils - Senators in 7

West

(5) San Jose Sharks vs. (1) Detroit Red Wings - Detroit in 7

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (2) Anaheim Ducks - Anaheim in 6

yeesh tough round to pick Undecided
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:27:38 AM by Neemo » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #413 on: April 24, 2007, 11:21:40 AM »

East

(6) New York Rangers vs. (1) Buffalo Sabres  - Sabres in 5

(4) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) New Jersey Devils - Senators in 6

West

(5) San Jose Sharks vs. (1) Detroit Red Wings - San Jose in 6

These should all be awsome series

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #414 on: April 24, 2007, 04:52:42 PM »

East

(6) New York Rangers vs. (1) Buffalo Sabres? - Sabres in 5

(4) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) New Jersey Devils - Senators in 6

West

(5) San Jose Sharks vs. (1) Detroit Red Wings - San Jose in 6

These should all be awsome series

I must've missed out on the original wagers but here you go for round 2:

Rangers in 7
Senators in 7

Wings in 5
Ducks in 5
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #415 on: April 24, 2007, 08:07:44 PM »

East

(6) New York Rangers vs. (1) Buffalo Sabres  - Rangers in 6

(4) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) New Jersey Devils - Senators in 5

West

(5) San Jose Sharks vs. (1) Detroit Red Wings - Detroit in 6

I gotta go with my rangers for their series. So many people think they have no chance but i think they do. Just look at a few facts from their season series. 1. 3 of the 4 games Buffalo needed overtime to beat us. 2 3 of the 4 games we had Weekes in goal. They had trouble beating our backup goalie. 3. All the wins were before December 1st. We are a different team since the break and since we got Avery. We have a much better chance than a lot of people think.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #416 on: April 24, 2007, 11:04:04 PM »

I gotta go with my rangers for their series. So many people think they have no chance but i think they do. Just look at a few facts from their season series. 1. 3 of the 4 games Buffalo needed overtime to beat us. 2 3 of the 4 games we had Weekes in goal. They had trouble beating our backup goalie. 3. All the wins were before December 1st. We are a different team since the break and since we got Avery. We have a much better chance than a lot of people think.

True... But we still swept you in the season, plain and simple... We got ya in 6!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #417 on: April 24, 2007, 11:30:26 PM »

True... But we still swept you in the season, plain and simple... We got ya in 6!

You swept a team not playing anywhere near as good as they are now BIG difference. You are gonna find it a lot harder to get the puck past Henrik. In his last 44 games he has as 1.89 GAA and a 929 save percentage. That is significantly better then Miller was for you even against the Islanders.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #418 on: April 25, 2007, 12:37:23 AM »

You swept a team not playing anywhere near as good as they are now BIG difference. You are gonna find it a lot harder to get the puck past Henrik. In his last 44 games he has as 1.89 GAA and a 929 save percentage. That is significantly better then Miller was for you even against the Islanders.

This season:

Henrik Lundqvist: GAA 2.34 Save % .917
Ryan Miller           GAA 2.73 Save % .911

Pretty close when you ask me... Plus buffalo outscored NY by over 60 goals this season in 82 games.. I like those odds...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #419 on: April 25, 2007, 04:35:03 AM »

This season:

Henrik Lundqvist: GAA 2.34 Save % .917
Ryan Miller           GAA 2.73 Save % .911

Pretty close when you ask me... Plus buffalo outscored NY by over 60 goals this season in 82 games.. I like those odds...

True but we have some guys that are scoring now that weren't including a young kid. You scored more then 4 goals against us only once and the times you scored 4 or more were against weekes. This is gonna be a great very close series.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: