Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:36:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Halifax, NS - November 20th
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Halifax, NS - November 20th  (Read 26740 times)
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 05:19:02 PM »

I was gonna fly to see them in Toronto or Boston  this is awesome!!!!!!!!!! gonna be a big show i wonder who will open for them??
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »

Mysteron...any chance for a pre sale for the Halifax November 20th show?HuhHuhHuhHuh

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Jono
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 06:07:47 PM »

Pre-sale would be the shit. Has anyone bought tickets online from ticketatlantic.com before? I don't think you'd need to camp out if you can buy them online at 9am saturday.
maddog001
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 06:29:08 PM »

Has anyone ever been to a conert at the metro centre with general admission on the floor.  The people i am going with probably won't want to wait in line the whole day.  Would i therefore be better off going for lower bowl or will it be easy to make it towards the front?
Jono
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 06:34:26 PM »

Has anyone ever been to a conert at the metro centre with general admission on the floor.? The people i am going with probably won't want to wait in line the whole day.? Would i therefore be better off going for lower bowl or will it be easy to make it towards the front?

That's exactly the dilemma I am having right now. If it's too hard to get to the front I'll just go with lower bowl, close to the stage.
maddog001
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 06:36:27 PM »

Looking at the seating plan, a half decent lower bowl seat would be at centre ice at least.  It is a dilemna.  If it was just me going, i would have no problem getting up front.
daubs
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 06:40:35 PM »

you have to get there pretty early to get up front. i dont like the floor just cuz then people start pushing and i find its hard to watch the show. ill take a seat for sure.

and im just going to camp out 80% for the hell of it and 20% to make sure i get a ticket
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 06:43:44 PM »

Yeah, I've got six people coming with me so I don't think I'll be hitting the floor.

ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 06:46:24 PM »

Waiting outside a stadium is BADD way to get tickets now.
In the amount of time the first 5 people get tickets, they could be sold out because of the internet.

When Pearl Jam played here in St Johns last year, I knew people who waited outside for almost 2 days and we first in line, and ended up with worse seats than I bought from the website. As soon as tickets went on sale, I was clicking my way to getting them online, as was pretty much everyone else in the province. Half the people in the lineup outside the stadium didn't even get tickets because it sold out so fast.

So... while it is a great story to camp out to get tickets, it's definitely not the smartest thing to do these days.

I have a feeling this show will cost me $500 or so if I can get tickets....

Also...
Looks like some people in Halifax aren't so excited:
http://media.locals.ca/localsconf/viewtopic.php?t=75221
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2006, 06:53:33 PM »

I hope axl thinks of this stupid place called edmonton, i know if i were him i wouldnt even consider it but maybe theres a small c hance
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

Waiting outside a stadium is BADD way to get tickets now.
In the amount of time the first 5 people get tickets, they could be sold out because of the internet.

When Pearl Jam played here in St Johns last year, I knew people who waited outside for almost 2 days and we first in line, and ended up with worse seats than I bought from the website. As soon as tickets went on sale, I was clicking my way to getting them online, as was pretty much everyone else in the province. Half the people in the lineup outside the stadium didn't even get tickets because it sold out so fast.

So... while it is a great story to camp out to get tickets, it's definitely not the smartest thing to do these days.

I have a feeling this show will cost me $500 or so if I can get tickets....

Also...
Looks like some people in Halifax aren't so excited:
http://media.locals.ca/localsconf/viewtopic.php?t=75221

Well we can't expect everyone in Hali to be excited...but I don't care, they are coming and I'LL be there.

Slash_N_Roses
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2006, 08:09:22 PM »

NICE NICE NICE, I live in Fredericton, New Brunswick. I'll be there for SURE! HUGE HUGE HUGE, what a night it'll be

beer smoking
daubs
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2006, 08:14:16 PM »

thats a really good point. but for me, i think going outside is the best. because 1.i dont have a credit card, 2.if i used my parents (Which is an option), i still have the problem of my friends cuz we all want to go together. so i figure i will just line up.
maddog001
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2006, 08:19:18 PM »

So would everyone recommend the floor even if there is 6 or so people going with me.  I cannot decide what type of tickets to try for.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2006, 08:22:38 PM »

Yes i definitely would.  I was on the floor at almost all the shows ive seen and its much better view wise anyway.. if you havent seen these guys yet or its been a while the floor is the way to go!!!

peace

So would everyone recommend the floor even if there is 6 or so people going with me.  I cannot decide what type of tickets to try for.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
daubs
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2006, 08:36:33 PM »

i dont like the floor for these reasons:

1.people trying to push ahead of you to get to the front (ive been in the front all the times ive gone)
2.crowdsurfers/moshers. i dont have aproblem with it, its just i want to watch the show,not worry about somebody coming down on my head or trying not to fall over the people next to me.

so i would rather have a seat where i can watch the show and not worry about anything else. but thats just me...

does anybody know if there are any problems with buying online tickets in terms of too many people trying to do it or what? Ryan_of_lax?
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2006, 08:52:36 PM »

Halifax...Axl singing November Rain to us in November...how cool is that!!! ok

dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2006, 09:23:48 PM »

floor or seats?Huh whats the best??
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2006, 09:42:16 PM »

Its gonna be a joke if this concert doesnt sell out. Thats why im a bit nervous about GNR comming to small places like this without an album to show they are a kick ass band.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2006, 10:51:54 PM »

It took me about 10 minutes of constantly clicking refresh to get onto the Ticket Master site the morning the Pearl Jam tickets went on sale. But, I never heard of anyone not being able to get into the site after 10 minutes or so, and the show sold out in a half hour. Whereas, there were lots of people in the lineup outside the stadium who didn't even get tickets because there's no way the people working at the ticket windows could keep up with the online sales.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: