Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:38:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When will there be an announcement? What will be in it? Your theories
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When will there be an announcement? What will be in it? Your theories  (Read 66936 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #400 on: March 29, 2006, 08:19:41 AM »

It's funny, GN'R are so quick to put out a press release when its bad news, but when there is some good news to put out its so draggged on. You'd think they would want to get this press release out there as fast as they can.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #401 on: March 29, 2006, 08:33:37 AM »

It's funny, GN'R are so quick to put out a press release when its bad news, but when there is some good news to put out its so draggged on. You'd think they would want to get this press release out there as fast as they can.

My assumption (and it's just that) is they want to have all their ducks in a row, all the pieces of the puzzle laid out, and everything just so....and they're not going to be goaded into releasing anything until that happens.  When everything aligns just so...we'll get a PR.

They can plan for all those pieces to fall into place by a certain date, or predict that every duck will be in a row at a particular time, but, really, the fact of the matter is, things change. My guess is, the situation is somewhat fluid (especially as it concerns Euro dates being added/scheduled)...and much of the information people are getting isn't coming directly from the front lines, but through intermediaries who's information may be even a few days (or even hours) old.  Because of that, "false alarms" aren't all that surprising.

Sometimes there are things that might be beyond their direct ability to control.  And those things might crop up quickly, or just be a culmination of delays in the process.  So it's tough, for me, to really come down on them for taking awhile to get info out.  They wanna do it once, and they wanna do it right.

Again, I'm just guessing in all this, of course....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #402 on: March 29, 2006, 08:38:34 AM »

My assumption (and it's just that) is they want to have all their ducks in a row, all the pieces of the puzzle laid out, and everything just so....and they're not going to be goaded into releasing anything until that happens.  When everything aligns just so...we'll get a PR.

They can plan for all those pieces to fall into place by a certain date, or predict that every duck will be in a row at a particular time, but, really, the fact of the matter is, things change. My guess is, the situation is somewhat fluid (especially as it concerns Euro dates being added/scheduled)...and much of the information people are getting isn't coming directly from the front lines, but through intermediaries who's information may be even a few days (or even hours) old.  Because of that, "false alarms" aren't all that surprising.

Sometimes there are things that might be beyond their direct ability to control.  And those things might crop up quickly, or just be a culmination of delays in the process.  So it's tough, for me, to really come down on them for taking awhile to get info out.  They wanna do it once, and they wanna do it right.

Again, I'm just guessing in all this, of course....

Thats a good assumption. I just think that they have enough dates announced already where they could just release the statement confirming those dates, announcing the album's release date, then just say that more dates will be coming in the future. Something along those lines would work.
bh339
« Reply #403 on: March 29, 2006, 08:43:19 AM »

Buddy, don't you get it? You're a jackass in every post...we get your point...you win...now please go back to 1987 or go listen to some more mullet metal like Blizzard of Oz... Grin

Thank you Madagas for saying what we all were thinking. ?
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #404 on: March 29, 2006, 08:56:17 AM »

Well, I thought it was strange that everyone thought there was some sort of announcement coming today in the first place. ?I think it will come, if ever, when they have the album complete. ?I am sure they will issue some sort of statement prior to the RIO show, or when announcing a warm-up gig. ?For some reason, things are not quite as complete as we thought. ?I am really interested if Tommy Stinson was involved in the rehearsals. ?I know mgt. speaks through Mysteron, but they have been a few steps behind in the past (natural, as people make personal decisions, and then let mgt. know later) regarding who is "in" or "out" of the line-up. ?The Mat's folks are beginning to whisper that their long awaited reunion is on the cusp of becoming reality. ?

I have no clue, but I would assume that in typical GNR fashion, there a surprises yet to come before RIO. ?Maybe just a new guitarist or something, but I would imagine something unexpected has happened, and we will find out in due time.

Tommy was offered to do a Mats reunion a while back. He informed Paul's people a couple of weeks ago that he couldn't do it because of GnR commitments. The Mats wanted to tour behind the new Best Of album they have coming this summer, and they are potentially releasing a box set later in the year. Any reunion was gonna promote this but Tommy is in Burbank rehearsing with Guns, so no Mats reunion this year!  ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #405 on: March 29, 2006, 09:01:48 AM »

well Mr. E mann I wish he was the only one who'd fulfill the conditions jarmo and madagus just described.  Undecided

It's funny, GN'R are so quick to put out a press release when its bad news, but when there is some good news to put out its so draggged on.

Funny? That's boringly normal. You can't tell when you'll have bad news. Bad news travels quickly.

Good news, on the other hand,... is no news.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #406 on: March 29, 2006, 03:49:41 PM »

well Mr. E mann I wish he was the only one who'd fulfill the conditions jarmo and madagus just described.  Undecided

Don't follow you on that one. Sorry.

I guess being a newbie you haven't read other threads yet. You'll see.
axlisgod
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #407 on: March 29, 2006, 07:41:06 PM »

i been so right about axl rose its sick
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #408 on: March 29, 2006, 07:49:24 PM »

It's funny, VR hasn't even been off tour for 6 months and people are calling it a hiatustheir breaking up, etc, whereas, with Axl and GnR, Chinese Democracy supposedly has been having the finishing touches put on it for years now.

to be fair that comes from teh recent comments that axl mentioned,,, They seem to be weathering whatever happened, hopefully it fuels them and makes them tighter since dirty laundry was aired...

Lets see vr stopped touring around new years , so that is equivelant to break up,. new guns have released nothing and had one failed tour,  no promo on the new tour, no cd news, no official lineup so that equals tighter then ever hihi  I love the fans
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #409 on: March 29, 2006, 08:08:10 PM »

announcement here and there and everywhere... i dont know.. I think its kinda exciting the way tings are..
There is a tour ahead, we got new pictures, know the guys are playing the shit out of the songs in at Tommys place..
Huh.. i could hear Tommys parents.. "Can u guys please be a bit more quiet? Im trying to have a phonecall"

anyway! Everything will come clear.. In the end. Nothing lasts forever, even GNR silence..  peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gordi
« Reply #410 on: March 30, 2006, 09:35:32 AM »

My opinion is there will probably be something on the official site. Perhaps a release date and possibly a tracklisting. That would be cool!  ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #411 on: March 30, 2006, 09:46:39 AM »

unfortunatly I think you'll get whatever axl wants to give at rio and nothing sooner.. Two days until april 1st...
speed_stone
« Reply #412 on: April 19, 2006, 10:13:25 PM »

21 booked show, crazy rumours about a new guitar player, leaked songs, enormous hype and thousands and thousands of excited and confused fans, and what does our man do? give us the silent treatment again. how can anyone ever predict axl rose, never forget that we are dealing with the guy who sparked riots, was arrested 20 + times and attacked fans here hihi you gotta love the guy for his sincere "fuck the world, i'm gonna do as i please" attitude alone peace please don't cancel axl, just show up and you can do whatever the fuck you want after that, people pay to see you now get your ass onstage man! Grin i can't believe i'm going to see the most talented and fucking crazy frontman of all time, sorry mods just close this if you want to, the excitement is making me delirious, i just needed to vent hihi drool
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #413 on: April 19, 2006, 10:21:39 PM »

im fucking pumped too, im like a kid on xmas, i dont think im going to get much sleep tonight, knowing tomorrow im going to order guns n roses tickets.

Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #414 on: April 19, 2006, 10:36:31 PM »

You can't announce it through a press release, thats anti-climantic. The warm up show in front of the hardcore fans would be perfect.
speed_stone
« Reply #415 on: April 19, 2006, 10:38:50 PM »

You can't announce it through a press release, thats anti-climantic. The warm up show in front of the hardcore fans would be perfect.

i love axl's unpredictability but some of us are desperate for confirmation at this point, i just want these shows to happen SO badly because i have been waiting all my life for this
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #416 on: April 19, 2006, 11:12:38 PM »

Thousands? thats all you think? id think millions...

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #417 on: April 19, 2006, 11:16:06 PM »

It will come.. my guess is the week before the NYC shows.. He usually sends them out right before the shows...
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #418 on: April 19, 2006, 11:17:13 PM »

Axl please make some kind of press release. ?nervous
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #419 on: April 19, 2006, 11:21:26 PM »

He will on May 15th.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »