Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:09:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  General questions about the North American tour 2006-7
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: General questions about the North American tour 2006-7  (Read 27827 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: October 06, 2006, 06:52:57 AM »

Here you can post general questions about the tour.

Meaning, not specific to one show or location.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 06:55:19 AM »

I was thinking I need to get an American prepaid phone card once I get to the East Coast, so that I don't have to pay the overpriced International rates from my phone company.

One that'll work in Canada as well.

I'll mostly be using it to send text messages.

Any suggestions?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 04:30:32 AM »

thats a tough question , there are hundreds of different phone cards, if you are using a moblie, maybe best to stick with the card of the carrier, cause you may wind up paying for the call regardless. BUt I'm not quiet sure , I'm sure others will know better.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 07:46:16 AM »

I've found out that T-Mobile and Cingular have a prepaid plans...

I heard the phone number you get is local to where you get it. So if you buy it in NYC and call another NYC cell, it's a local call. But if you go outside NYC and call a NYC cell, then it's a long distance call.

Apparently you have to pay for incoming calls as well?

Over here the phones are all "national". It doesn't matter where the other person is located....

/jarmo

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 07:19:32 PM »

I've found out that T-Mobile and Cingular have a prepaid plans...

I heard the phone number you get is local to where you get it. So if you buy it in NYC and call another NYC cell, it's a local call. But if you go outside NYC and call a NYC cell, then it's a long distance call.

Apparently you have to pay for incoming calls as well?

Over here the phones are all "national". It doesn't matter where the other person is located....

/jarmo

With cell phone everything is long distance as far as I know.....no local calls. So, it is kinda like Europe.

Yes, you also pay for incoming call as national (even if they come from outside the country).

Most of the providers of pre-paid cards charge you some initiation fees and may even force to sell you a phone....I am not sure if you bring your phone whether it will work on their SIM cards.....Most phones in the USA are not even GSM phones, believe it or not.

I suggest finding somebody on the east coast that can let you borrow their phone for the time you are here. It won't cost them a thing for you to call within the US and messages (if not prepaid) are only 10 cents a piece. If you wanna call internationally, buy a cheap calling card with a PIN that lets you dial a tall-free number or some local number and connects you to Europe from there. You can call those numbers from both the cell phone or any other phone (even a street phone although there's an additional charge from a street phone). I use such cards to call Europe from my cell and it costs me like 5 cents per minute.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 11:26:54 AM »

Here's a website that sells cheap international calling cards.
http://smartlink.pushline.com/p/?id_from_country=182&idcountry=211

As you can see there are even as low rates as 1 cent per minute from US to Sweden. Of course, there are other charges, like maintenance, tax, etc. So, it is probably a little more than 1 cent but certainly very very cheap.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 11:38:40 AM »

Thanks.

I guess I need to figure out how to get the cheapest possible text messages.

Since that's what I mainly use my mobile phone for.

Last time I went on tour abroad I got a $100 bill when I got home.... So it would be nice to have a prepaid card.

/jarmo

anythinggoes
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 11:48:40 AM »

Thanks.

Last time I went on tour abroad I got a $100 bill when I got home.... So it would be nice to have a prepaid card.

/jarmo

when i was in Florida my Internet browsing was free on my mobile im hoping it will be the same again i have about 5 sim cards so hopefully i can get something on one of them if not it could be a dear old trip just wish i could do a few more shows.

Another thing i have to collect some ticketsfrom the venue will i be able to do it on the day before the show or can it only be done on the day of the show.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 02:31:03 PM »

Thanks.

/jarmo

when i was in Florida my Internet browsing was free on my mobile im hoping it will be the same again i have about 5 sim cards so hopefully i can get something on one of them if not it could be a dear old trip just wish i could do a few more shows.

Another thing i have to collect some ticketsfrom the venue will i be able to do it on the day before the show or can it only be done on the day of the show.

Do you mean you have tickets at Will Call?  If you mean Will Call @ MSG you can pick them up anytime the day of the show-

Will Call:
Pick-up tickets anytime the day of the show. Customers must present the actual credit card used to place the order and two forms of ID, including a photo ID.

Box Office Hours:
Event Days:*
Monday - Friday from 9:00am to 1 hour after event start
Saturday from 10:00am to 1 hour after event start
Sunday from 12:00pm to 1 hour after event start

http://www.thegarden.com/boxoffice_info.html
anythinggoes
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 04:49:34 AM »

Thanks.

/jarmo

Do you mean you have tickets at Will Call?? If you mean Will Call @ MSG you can pick them up anytime the day of the show-

Will Call:
Pick-up tickets anytime the day of the show. Customers must present the actual credit card used to place the order and two forms of ID, including a photo ID.

Box Office Hours:
Event Days:*
Monday - Friday from 9:00am to 1 hour after event start
Saturday from 10:00am to 1 hour after event start
Sunday from 12:00pm to 1 hour after event start

http://www.thegarden.com/boxoffice_info.html

Ok thanks that may pose a problem as i may be needing to move these tickets on.  Huh
mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 12:21:11 PM »

Jarmo,

Another request you could make in the "review" section is only people that were actually at the show post reviews.  Otherwise you get a lot of second/third hand reviews.  Just a thought!   peace

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92
Fargo Dome, Fargo ND 3/21/93
Target Center, the "Buckethead" tour
Target Center 11/13/11
mitchgo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 11:02:13 AM »

I apologize if this is a stupid q or if it's answered elsewhere...but here goes:

I read on the gnr.com site the following tidbit:

"...with Sebastian hitting the stage every night at 8 pm followed by the Special Guest at 9 pm and Guns N' Roses shortly after 10 pm and lots of great music in between."

Does this mean

a. there will be a special guest at every show appearing between Seb. and GnR? and/or
b. that GnR will not be on prior to 10pm at any given show?

I'm just trying to plan my evening here at the portland me. show on 11/6, and was also potentially concerned about GnR sets being cut off due to curfews (not sure if the Cum. Civic Ctr has one, but i've never seen a show go past midnight there).

Thanks for any light you guys can shed and apologies again if this info is available elsewhere.

MG
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 10:31:28 PM »

I apologize if this is a stupid q or if it's answered elsewhere...but here goes:

I read on the gnr.com site the following tidbit:

"...with Sebastian hitting the stage every night at 8 pm followed by the Special Guest at 9 pm and Guns N' Roses shortly after 10 pm and lots of great music in between."

Does this mean

a. there will be a special guest at every show appearing between Seb. and GnR? and/or
b. that GnR will not be on prior to 10pm at any given show?

I'm just trying to plan my evening here at the portland me. show on 11/6, and was also potentially concerned about GnR sets being cut off due to curfews (not sure if the Cum. Civic Ctr has one, but i've never seen a show go past midnight there).

Thanks for any light you guys can shed and apologies again if this info is available elsewhere.

MG

I believe a and b are correct.  If you don't have Papa Roach at your shows at 9 then it will be someone else.  Sebastian is slated to be the 1st opener for all shows except the 2 he cannot attend, I believe Halifax and Puerto Rico if I am not mistaken.
rlj1010
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 04:30:21 PM »

Hey there,

I was just wondering if anyone received their tickets from the special Tickets.com / Gunsnroses.com presale yet?

I've been waiting forever, and there's no info online or in my email confirmation, about when we should expect them.

If you did already receive yours in the mail, about how long before your show did they come?

Thanks!
ftheup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 09:03:02 PM »

I'm with you rlj, I've asked tickets.com and just get a generic response.  "tickets will be there at least 48 hours prior to the event."
rlj1010
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 10:07:50 PM »

Yeah, it's really annoying...

I've ordered from Tickets.com before with no problem, but that's for certain venues that ONLY deal with Tickets.com exclusively.

Most of these are Ticketmaster exclusive venues, that normally don't deal with Tickets.com, so that's why I'm a little concerned.

Anyway, if anyone has received their Tickets.com tickets, please let us know...

Thanks!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 10:17:26 PM »

Does anyone know what the overall response to the tour is?  I mean how well are tickets really selling outside of the MSG and Nova Scotia shows?  Did management really think sales could be like they were in Europe, or did they play on sales being similar to 2002?

WalrusOct9
Headliner

one, two, three, fourteen

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 01:29:08 AM »

Anyway, if anyone has received their Tickets.com tickets, please let us know...

Thanks!

I got mine in the mail last week for the Chicago show.  I've done a few other presales through them before, the tickets always came before the show date, but sometimes they did cut it a little close.

My question is...what is the setup of the GA floor?  I assume it's just one big floor space, but after U2 did the "heart" on the 2001 Elevation tour, a lot of bands have included ramps that go into the crowd, which also act as kind of a divider so that there's less people crammed up in the front and thus fewer injuries, etc.  I know Aerosmith did something like this, as did Van Halen on the 2004 tour, so I'm wondering if Guns is doing something similar.  I doubt it, but it's possible, so I thought I'd ask.  Thanks!
gnfnr2006
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 11:47:37 AM »

ok everyone....
Ive been to 2 shows on this tour- Greensboro NC and Baltimore MD. I think the NC show was the better of the 2- 25 songs, 2.5 hours, RQ, IRS, CRAZY.....

They were both FUCKN AWESOME....some of you dont like the new band..whatever. I never got to see the original lineup so I can only imagine.....but I dont think there is a replacement for Slash.
So, back to the question at hand.....if you could go to any of the remaining shows, which would it be?

Even more specifically...pick one out of the 4rescheduled for January- or dont- but thats what I need advice on.

I am going to go to one more and I think Reno is the one......whatta bout u?

If you have not been to a show this year- dont miss it. I really think AXL is at 100%, if not 110% !!!!

GNFNR
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2006, 11:19:05 PM »

Even more specifically...pick one out of the 4rescheduled for January- or dont- but thats what I need advice on.

I am going to go to one more and I think Reno is the one......whatta bout u?

If you can only do one show in Jan, I suggest San Diego:
1. It is going to be warm.
2. It is the most beautiful city in Cali.
3. The arena is a pretty good size.
4. It is the last show of the leg of the tour, so there might be something different.
5. The later the better with regard to the album release.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: