Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:16:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 25 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 25 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills  (Read 93421 times)
Rust In Peace
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2006, 06:44:32 PM »

3 Days 0 Hours N' 47 Minutes ... Till I'm hopfully gona be at the palace I dunno I set it for 7:30 so I'll prolly get there earlyer ... God I can't wait, This is gona be sweet. This is the first time I'm goin to see gn'r when my parents when in 02 I was only in 8th grade so I couldent go. *Tear*
OTT
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2006, 12:10:07 PM »

Nothing major, i'm not sure if it's already been posted but thought some of you guys might want to read it.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061124/OPINION03/611240389/1032/ENT
amdelos
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »

Does anybody knows if there's a wardrobe in the palace, which entrance to go to and when the doors to the palace opens?

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2006, 04:42:08 PM »

Does anybody knows if there's a wardrobe in the palace, which entrance to go to and when the doors to the palace opens?

What do you mean by the term "wardrobe"?

As far as entrances and times, the doors open 90 minutes before the first act according to the Palace which would mean they'll open at 6:30. Pretty much everyone uses the West entrance for some reason.  If you're looking to get to the floor fast I would recommend the East because it's on the opposite side and you'll still be able to get to the floor from that side.

Still not sure what you mean by a "wardrobe" though...  Smiley

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
amdelos
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2006, 08:03:52 PM »

What do you mean by the term "wardrobe"?

As far as entrances and times, the doors open 90 minutes before the first act according to the Palace which would mean they'll open at 6:30. Pretty much everyone uses the West entrance for some reason.? If you're looking to get to the floor fast I would recommend the East because it's on the opposite side and you'll still be able to get to the floor from that side.

Still not sure what you mean by a "wardrobe" though...? Smiley

Oaky Thanx......I thought of a place where you can put your jacket during the show. Maybe wardrobe is a wrong term sorry for that....Coat drop off should have been a more appropriate term.
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2006, 08:27:49 AM »

Leaving for Detroit/Auburn Hills in about 4 or 5 hours for my 235 mile road trip......see you all at The Post or @ the show.  peace

To say what we are thinking.
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2006, 01:29:04 PM »

cant wait for the show! Smiley  im feeling a good show considering they last time they were here axl walked off stage after patience....so hopefully i can finally see PC and NT for the first time yes

will be interesting to see if EODM actually play tonight or if axl really kicked them off.
manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »

Does anyone know what they will stop selling beer? They usualy stop around 10:15 @ shows that ens at 11:00, but for a show that wont begin till 11:30 they better not cut it off early.
Blackls2
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2006, 08:37:09 PM »

Please tell us the time the opening bands play so we can arrive accordingly for the Chicago show.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2006, 09:27:46 AM »

Did anyone else at the pre-party find the WRIF chick to be the most annoying woman ever to grace a microphone??

We ended up going to The Palace much earlier then we wanted to because she was SO annoying.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: November 26, 2006, 11:33:42 AM »

Please tell us the time the opening bands play so we can arrive accordingly for the Chicago show.

cant really remember, but i think it might have been 8, 9, 10, and 11:30 for GNR (estimating).  When I got there at 8, the opening band was already playing, and they had about 20-30 minutes inbetween the opening bands and a lil longer for GNR.
Mauve_All
Rocker

« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2006, 09:33:39 AM »

You might want to check this link-- not a bad review IMO

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061126/UPDATE/611260357

I'm a drinker with writing problems
http://www.myspace.com/mauve_all
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2006, 07:06:01 PM »

Here's a review I just found, pretty decent:

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/112806/loc_2006112807.shtml

Web Exclusive
Guns N' Roses, Tenacious D Rock The Motor City

Web-posted Nov 28, 2006

By GARY GRAFF
Of the Oakland Press

Forget the BCS standings. On Saturday night, the Detroit metro area hosted a battle for the title of Most Awesome Rock 'n' Roll Band on the Planet.

Advertisement
Duking it out in separate corners were Guns N' Roses, which really did set? rock's standard for awesomeness in the late '80s and rocked the Palace of Auburn Hills with a very late but fierce display of muscular hard rock, and Tenacious D, the comic metal duo of actors Jack Black and Kyle Gass who had a devilishly good time?convincing the crowd at?Detroit's Masonic Temple Theatre that it was "the greatest band of all time."

Like many college football polls, no clear-cut winner could be determined, but both shows had abundant merits tempered by a few shortcomings.

No discussion of a Guns N' Roses concert can be had without mention of the time issue, of course. The group, whose sole remaining founding member is frontman W. Axl Rose, hit the Palace stage just after 11:30 p.m. Saturday - more than 70 minutes after former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach finished his opening set and late enough for one to see Tenacious D and still make it out to the Palace in time for GNR's start. But it also gave the already fired-up but sparse-looking crowd of just over 7,500 time to get a bit drunker and rowdier and start a few more fights during the wait.

Rose made light his reputation during the two-hour and 15-minute showing, explaining that "for me, this is morning. Consider me your Captain Kangaroo. I'm just here having a good morning workout time with my friends in Michigan." Maybe so, but it was late-night for the crowd, and who, after all, does Rose's self-involved temperament really serve? Certainly not any underage fans who may have had to leave due to curfew restrictions - especially if they drove to the Palace. Certainly not any of the fans who had to endure the lengthy wait.

And certainly not the band or the show itself. Saturday's crowd was a shadow of the size of audience GNR used to command, a function of the band's diminished footprint since its last set of fresh material was released in 1993. And you can bet some of the reluctance to turn out for the show was a function of the near-certainty that Rose and company would be late - assuming they played at all (and last-minute cancellations have been known to happen) or didn't bugger out early, as Rose did during GNR's 2002 visit to the Palace.

As it was, GNR gave the faithful the works this year - and as potent a rock show as any band turns out these days. It was heavy on favorites - "Welcome to the Jungle," "It's So Easy," "Mr. Brownstone," "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Patience," "Nightrain," the epic "November Rain," "Paradise City" and covers of Paul McCartney & Wings' "Live and Let Die" and Bob Dylan's "Knockin' on Heaven's Door." GNR also offered a generous helping from the long-awaited and still-unreleased "Chinese Democracy" album, including the biting title track, the industrial-flavored "Better," the melodic epic "The Blues," the charged "I.R.S." and the moody "Madagascar."

Changing tops a half-dozen times, Rose looked leaner and even more animated than when GNR was last here, and his trademark wail as in good form. The band, particularly longtime keyboardist Dizzy Reed and more recent guitarists Robin Finck and Richard Fortus, proved able replacements for the original GNR cast, although the solo spots that padded the show - a gratuitous hard rock indulgence in the best of circumstances - seemed particularly superfluous given the late hour, and significant clumps of fans trooped out as the show went on so that maybe half were around as the confetti swirled overhead as the band played "Paradise City" when most bars were making last call.

And that late start is for who's benefit again?

---

I cut the review of Tenacious D.
alexh0618
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2006, 10:07:31 PM »

has anyone found any pics of the concert yet?
mr.leaktastic
Banned
Opening Act

I luv u

« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2006, 01:05:45 AM »

Does anybody know what Axl said..after he said something like this "I use to have a guitar tech from Detroit................." ____________________..."I've always wanted to say that here."..

What did he say?!?..
He said it a few times during the night...
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2007, 09:18:42 PM »

I was there it rocked hard! Definetly a decent crowd of 8,000 being the fact Michigan is stuck on bullshit hip-hop and stuff, it was wild and at times Axl blew my mind, also the band was good. I can't wait for GNR to come back again, hopefully they do an outside concert at Pine Knob next time! Or even a smaller venue like Royal Oak music theatre that way we can be up close and personal.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: