Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:21:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Tool
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tool  (Read 77280 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2006, 02:44:46 PM »

I've been listening to Undertow today.  My god Maynard sounds so different now that he did back then and The music is way more.....dark? disturbing? dunno what word to use to describe it. And the sound is much more raw, I forgot how much I loved that album.....until today ok

And the cow licking it's own asshole is still fucking funny as hell rofl rofl

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2006, 02:40:19 PM »

Yes! Now i have tickets to Two Tool shows this Summer, one to the Roskilde Festival in Denmark, and one to the Quart festival in Norway!

This will be the best ting ever  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2006, 09:34:01 PM »

excllent!!

does anyone know when the hammersmith apollo tickets go on sale?

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2006, 04:23:15 PM »

Kerrang!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Tool are the final headline act to be announced for this years Download festival. The three day-event, which takes place at Donington Park on June 9,10,11 will see the enigmatic LA art-metallers closing the proceedings on the Friday evening on the Main stage. It will be the band's first UK appearance since 2002.

"Were really excited, " says bassist Justin Chancellor. "Its a huge honour for us to be asked to close Friday night at the horny mother of English rock festivals. I always imagined playing Donington as a kid, so I wont be taking this opportunity lightly. This is the kind of experience weve been patiently working towards - cant wait, see all you bastards there!"

Tool are gearing up to return with their first new collection of material since 2001's gargantuan 'Lateralus'. Kerrang! was granted an exclusive listening session to the just-completed, as yet-untitled fourth album, which is due out May, and can reveal that anyone expecting the shadowy Californian quartet to have gone soft with age willl be sorely disappointed. True to form, Tools upcoming opus is a 77-minute prog-metal odyssey, packed with plenty of eight minute-plus twisted riff-a-thons, odd-tempo polyrhythms and the bands trademark, eerie interludes. Its also arguably their heaviest, most punishing material since their 1993 breakthrough album 'undertow'.
The upcoming 11-track album has certainly been the bands most laborious and challenging record to complete, taking a mammoth five years to write (some of the material stems from pre-lateralus sessions), during which keenan recorded and toured with his other band A perfect Circle.
Tool also spent five months, in the company of QOTSA/Melvins engineer Joe Barresi, in three different LA studios over autumn 2005 recording it.

"Weve all been listening to a lot of Meshuggah" admits guitrist Adam Jones. "I see a lot fo them in us and us in them, and they really have a very experimental prog side to them. I dont think it was like, 'Okay right here were going to play like Meshuggah', but more, 'Oh my god thats come out a messhugah moment'."

"We have the most retarted president weve ever had, and were frustrated and thats the reason its a little heavier this time" reveals drummer Danny Carey. "that level of frustration back like when we first got hte band together: we were products of that fucking Reagan thing, we were pissed off and bummed-out, we had that angst, and now its coming forth again: like it or not were products of our environment. Were pissed off again"

No stranger to weaving social and political frustrations into his tortuously articulate lyrics, singer MJK who released the politically-motivated covers album, 'eMOTIVEe' with APC in 2004, has chosen another approach this time around.

"I think for me, and this is just personally, the last few years have really been crushing" Keenan confesses. "For me, as an artist, I needed to see on some level if speaking my mind would actually inspire people - you see the sky falling and you feel like youve got to say something. I think of prior tool albums 'AEnema' and 'Lateralus', lyrically, I had this idea of trying to share things and push some kind of higher purpose - enlightenment, this global consciousness thing - and everything thats going on nowadays has kind of left me a little disappointed, a little bummed.

"So I think on this album Ive talked more about my personal stuff, things that I needed to get off my chest," he adds. "Its a little cynical and its almost like coming from a sad place. Theres some hope in it, but its more back to rock and roll basics, just experessing some very big sadness thats from the gut."

"This is our blues record, were singing the blues!" Jokes Carey.

"The difference is before, we had that young spunk and we thought we could actually say something and help people realise these thigns, " continues Keenan. "But now, the anger is more of a frustrated anger, and me sitting back and going, 'Okay, im going to shut up now, Im going to stop ranting and trying to be chicken little telling you that the sky is falling, Im going to just let you guys get hit in the head'."

Tools as-yet-untitled album is due to hit shelves in May.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANT WAIT!!! i hope there arent many interludes since the album itself has only 11 songs lol.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2006, 06:30:37 PM »

This is gonna be one of the best records of 2006 , i tell you! ok

If the world would end today... Wink
BA
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2006, 06:36:21 PM »

it will be the best record since lateralus!

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
Evolution
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »

Due to the fact i'll be seeing Tool at Download i feel i should sample some. Any recmmondations?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2006, 07:01:16 PM »

Stinkfist, Hooker with a Penis, Third Eye, Schism, Lateralus (the song...) probably give a fair assesment...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2006, 07:10:35 PM »

And also Opiate, Sober, Eulogy, and they did a great remake of No Quarter as well.
Evolution
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2006, 07:13:54 PM »

Thanks chaps. I'll get back to you  Smiley
BA
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2006, 07:46:14 PM »

dont forget pushit or third eye.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2006, 09:12:07 AM »

dont forget any fucking Tool song. 46 & 2, Jimmy, H.   ok

Im gonna se them in Roskilde, and Norway! This is sooo great!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
BA
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2006, 10:01:44 AM »

but then we could just carry on all day.
hooker with a penis,prison sex,undertow,basically they are all great songs

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2006, 11:32:44 AM »

I'll go old-school and suggest Hush yes

"why don't you just go Fuck yoursellllllllllllllllfffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
*dugadugadugadugadugadug* (heavy Guitar & Drum noise)
"Just kidding"

hihi

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2006, 10:44:23 AM »

from Tool's official site:

03 Mar 06
JUST IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED...

The artwork for the upcoming Tool album is going to the separators/printers today, therefore it will eventually be leaked out that the name of the album is (drum roll.......) ' 10,000 days '

... so there it is.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2006, 10:54:43 AM »

' 10,000 days '

hmmm Undecided eehhh,

kinda reminds me of Disturb's album title Embarrassed '10,000 fists' for obvious reasons hihi

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2006, 12:57:12 PM »

' 10,000 days '

hmmm Undecided eehhh,

kinda reminds me of Disturb's album title Embarrassed '10,000 fists' for obvious reasons hihi

yea its kinda odd.... i mean look at their other titles:
Opiate
Undertow
Aenima
Lateralus
10,000 Days

i dunno it just doesnt seem to fit right... .this could another one of their jokes y'know, i mean Laterauls was originally called Systema Enclepieda or some shit and like all the magazines bought into it and stuff then they said they were joking and the real title was Lateralus lol.

Although they are Tool, and they always manage to surprise us so... .maybe this really is the title, cuz im surprised!! lol

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2006, 01:40:03 PM »

yea its kinda odd.... i mean look at their other titles:
Opiate
Undertow
Aenima
Lateralus
10,000 Days

Don't forget "Salival" ok

I hope it is a cover for the real title, "10000 days" sounds dumb Embarrassed

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2006, 03:09:54 PM »

Tool rule so fucking much! Purchased Lateralus the other day, only to get home and find that i already have it anyway! In fact its the third time ive owned it, lost the first copy. Purchased a second copy, inevitably forgot about it and then purchased a third!

Im listening to copy 2 now! Brilliant stuff. I love getting high to this! smoking
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2006, 12:02:45 AM »

Tool rule so fucking much! Purchased Lateralus the other day, only to get home and find that i already have it anyway! In fact its the third time ive owned it, lost the first copy. Purchased a second copy, inevitably forgot about it and then purchased a third!

Im listening to copy 2 now! Brilliant stuff. I love getting high to this! smoking

that album is so amazing, the lyrics, sound, production/mixing, everytihng about it so good. my favorite songs are probably the grudge, parabola, and reflection but they are all excellant. its definitely one of my favorite albums ever and def. my fave Tool album.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: