Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 06:58:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 213893 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2005, 03:20:23 AM »

I didn't know he was dead.  Damn, I didn't want him gone that bad...or did I?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2005, 12:14:39 PM »

What I want to hear is an album free of Desmond Child, Jim Vallance, and Bruce Fairbairn.? Not that I don't still love the newer stuff, but they need to go back to that old sound from back in the day.? Their best material is still the stuff they did in the 70's before they utilized professional song writers to help them out.? I know they're still capable of writing a great album themselves.? Joe Perry didn't have any song writing help on his new solo release and its awesome.? I want an old school Aerosmith album.

i totally agree, Pump is one of my faves, but the rest of the post-comeback albums are decent, but rather dissapointing. My fave pre-comeback is probably Rocks. Honkin' was pretty good, Aerosmith still have amazing potential, i think this new album is gonna kick ass... They are not dumb, they know that they've alienated alot of their older fans and sacrificied alot of their musical integrity to stay relevant.....but this may be their last album (i'm not sure, does anyone know what kind of record deal they have??like how many more albums their expected to make?) so i think they will deliver...and deliver big.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 12:18:42 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2005, 03:13:20 PM »

The only "crappy" albums I've heard from Aerosmith since I've been digging them since 1976 was Rock in a Hard Place ( I could get through it, but it wasn't the same without Joe and Brad, plain and simple...and that feeling was pretty much the consensus, because even the replacement players, Rick Dufay and  and Jimmy Crespo were telling them to get their shit together and rejoin) and Just Push Play (which I couldn't get through one entire listening...)...as far as the opinion that they've lost their long time fans to stay relevant, I politely disagree...maybe you didn't catch the Honkin on Bobo tour...the mix is that of a Stones Show, parents with their kids, and their kids with their kids, and so on, and so on...like that old shampoo commerical  hihi
btw...Joe Perry's new solo album is awesome and if you take the time to play the DVD portion, you'll have the pleasure of listening to a genuine musician talk about his passion...for guitars and rock n roll. ok
What was really interesting was that Joe's first Project show, Steven and couple of the guys showed up to see 'em...I did not know that Shocked
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2005, 03:56:09 AM »

I think Aerosmith as a live band and Aerosmith as a song making band are going in two different directions.  In my opinion they're a better live band now than they ever were.  They're in better physical shape cause they take way better care of themselves, and they've been playing so long that they've become even more talented musicians.  However, when it comes to there original songs they have gone steadily downhill since Pump.  Nine Lives was decent, and Just Push Play was pretty bad for Aerosmith standards.  It had its moments, but a lot of it was just way too poppy.  The musicianship on the album was also lackluster.  Even on very poppy songs like Cryin' and Angel (not that I don't love those songs) the musicianship was still impressive.  They need to find a way to capture that attitude and energy in the studio with new material.  They were able to do it in the 70's.  I don't see why they can't still do it if they really tried.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2005, 05:43:09 PM »

i never listened to them really, then the other day i heard the album pump and permanant vacation and i love them. Hope they tour again, i gotta go see em. I can also hear some of the influences that perry dude has on slash.

html sucks
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2005, 06:12:02 PM »

i never listened to them really, then the other day i heard the album pump and permanant vacation and i love them. Hope they tour again, i gotta go see em. I can also hear some of the influences that perry dude has on slash.
Go get their self-titled album and Rocks that's where the real class lies ok
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2005, 01:04:44 AM »

Well, I have all the CDs.....You're getting into the old shit......Go pick up some of the ancient shit, like Rocks (as mentioned), Toys in the Attic and Live! Bootleg........

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
anythinggoes
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2005, 04:45:57 AM »

just buy box of fire youll have all the early albums and you will be properly into one of the best if not the best Blues Rock n Roll bands in the world
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2005, 05:29:24 AM »

my first Smith album was Get A Grip.

kick arse Cool

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2005, 06:09:40 AM »

Great band choice. If u want an album of their greatest hits, get 'O Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits',  the best Aerosmith compilation.

Fuck 'Em All.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2005, 12:10:46 PM »

stay away from "Nine Lives" and "Just Push Play"

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2005, 12:36:08 PM »

i listened to that album with "shut up and dance" on. Its a fairly decent album. ok

html sucks
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2005, 02:50:23 PM »

stay away from "Nine Lives" and "Just Push Play"

agreed,

honkin on bobo is excellent too

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Johnny Rattlesnake
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2005, 10:32:38 PM »

Aerosmith Gems has it all.  Greatest Hits was the record company's GH; Gems was Aerosmith's.

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2005, 01:07:48 AM »

Oh Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits was released by Aerosmith as a "rebuttal" of sorts to the release of Young Lust: Anthology....which Aero had no say in. That's why there were two 2-disc Greatest Hits albums back-to-back.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2005, 01:48:43 AM »

Oh Yeah! is a pretty good compilation, but to truly appreciate Aerosmith you gotta buy the old albums.  The first 5 albums are all great.  That includes Aerosmith, Get Your Wings, Toys In The Attic, Rocks, and Draw The Line...all classics in my opinion.  Of the newer albums, the best ones are Pump, Bobo, and Permanent Vacation.  Get A Grip is also pretty good.  Nine Lives and Just Push Play are definitely subpar.  I wouldn't recomed Just Push Play unless you're a hardcore fan that wants to complete the collection.  Live Bootleg is a great live album, and the new You Gotta Move live DVD is one of the best live DVDs I've ever seen.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2005, 12:48:23 PM »

the new You Gotta Move live DVD is one of the best live DVDs I've ever seen.

I have to agree, especially since I'm in it beer

You have to listen to Toys In The Attic, in my opinion it is their best.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2005, 01:01:44 PM »

i find the early things a bit strange because of how different his voice is. Ive never heard it like that before.

html sucks
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2005, 12:28:08 AM »

i find the early things a bit strange because of how different his voice is. Ive never heard it like that before.
You should read their book called "Walk this way" Steven explains why he sang that way in the beginning.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
psycotron
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2005, 08:31:59 AM »

i really like the old aerosmith (sweet emotion, walk this way etc). i already have the big ones cd so i think i have enough of their 80s stuff. i only want to buy one album of their old stuff though cause i aint gotta lot of money to burn. should i buy an old aerosmith album like toys in the attic or get a greatest hits?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: