Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:48:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 215177 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #440 on: October 03, 2007, 12:41:48 AM »

What do you expect from rock's #2 biggest corporate whore?

Kiss did the same thing. A grand to get your photo taken with the band, and this was after Ace & Pete left.

... Aerosmith has a long way to go if they want that #1 spot.

I was thinking the #1 spot was held by Bon Jovi...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #441 on: October 03, 2007, 12:47:15 AM »

These meet and greet things are getting to be pretty ridiculous.

But hey!  We gotta recoup some of the losses from downloading, right?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #442 on: October 03, 2007, 01:03:52 AM »

Aerosmith is not worth $1000 to me.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Chief
Legend

« Reply #443 on: October 03, 2007, 02:34:46 AM »

at this point i don't even know if i'd pay 10!

Aerosmith is not worth $1000 to me.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #444 on: October 03, 2007, 09:38:54 AM »

I was thinking the #1 spot was held by Bon Jovi...

Not a chance!  Until you start seeing Bon Jovi coffins and they start labelling their next 5 tours a "farewell tour", Kiss has that spot locked up.
CSS
« Reply #445 on: October 03, 2007, 12:19:02 PM »

The meet and greet is a bit too much though.

A bit? hihi

It's crap.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #446 on: October 03, 2007, 11:05:03 PM »

It makes VR's $250 seem like a bargain. I'm glad I went to that, but theres no way I'd pay 1000 for Aerosmith.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #447 on: October 04, 2007, 05:46:44 AM »

^ yeah, I'd might fork out $250 to meet Slash and the guys(but probably won't), but I wouldn't pay $1000 to meet anyone.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Chief
Legend

« Reply #448 on: October 04, 2007, 05:54:58 PM »

250 is still way too much.
i wouldn't pay that to meet someone.  i might join a fan club for 30-40 bucks if i had a chance for meet n greet though.

It makes VR's $250 seem like a bargain. I'm glad I went to that, but theres no way I'd pay 1000 for Aerosmith.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #449 on: October 05, 2007, 06:47:03 AM »

I've met some of my favorite acts after shows, becuase they are down to earth(including Dizzy this last weekend)...
Granted they're no where near the status of aerodeath or ozzy, they coulda charged $15, $25 and had fans there pay it.. But no, they know the value of fans  Roll Eyes
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #450 on: December 26, 2007, 05:17:30 AM »

Anybody have this show in lossless format on cd, no mp3

Aerosmith 12th of March 1998 Yokohama

Also looking for some recent shows.

Please PM me your list and we can sort something out. ok
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #451 on: December 26, 2007, 12:30:17 PM »

how about visiting an aerosmith forum for this? ok
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #452 on: December 26, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »

Good place to start I guess hihi

Do you know of any??
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #453 on: December 26, 2007, 04:05:51 PM »

dunno if they have any good forums to be honest with you.

try torrents sites

ive got a cool 1988 bootleg, A quality id say in sound.

html sucks
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #454 on: December 27, 2007, 07:46:45 PM »

aeroforceone.com

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #455 on: December 27, 2007, 10:13:05 PM »

http://throwndown-videos.net/

used to be an aerosmith site, its down I guess?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #456 on: January 12, 2008, 03:43:37 PM »

Interesting....

AERO-SMART MOVE
TYLER CAPITALIZES ON TAX LAW AND DEALS CATALOG
By PETER LAURIA

January 10, 2008 -- In a deal that capitalizes on a recent change in tax law, Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler has formed a strategic partnership that includes the sale of an interest in his band's publishing catalog to Primary Wave Music Publishing, The Post has learned.

Terms of the deal, expected to be announced today, were not disclosed, but music industry sources estimate the pact - which covers 160 songs written or co-written by Tyler - is worth about $50 million.

Included in the deal are the rights to many of the hit songs that led to Aerosmith's reemergence on the rock scene beginning in the late 1980s, including "Love in an Elevator," "Dude Looks Like a Lady," "Janie's Got a Gun," and "Jaded."

Tyler doesn't own the rights to Aerosmith's 1970s-era hits like "Dream On," "Sweet Emotion," and "Walk This Way," which have led critics to refer to Aerosmith as the American version of The Rolling Stones.

Founded by former Arista and Virgin Records head Larry Mestel, Primary Wave has grown into one of the 10 largest music publishing companies in the US thanks to an acquisition pace that is averaging more than one deal per month.

The Tyler partnership marks the company's 19th purchase since it was founded just 18 months ago.

Primary Wave also holds an equity stake in the rights to The Beatles' songs written by John Lennon and the publishing catalogs of Kurt Cobain, Daryl Hall and John Oates, Steve Earle and others.

The deal with Tyler, however, may have more to do with a recent tax law change than anything else.

Prior to 1996, a songwriter of Tyl er's stature would have been subject to an ordinary in come tax rate of 38 percent if he sold his copyrights. However, two years ago, the government changed the tax code so that Tyler and others are subject to a capital gains tax of about 15 percent.

In an interview with The Post, Mestel said that he saw "enormous opportunities to market Steven's music."

According to Tyler's attorney, John Branca, the large-lipped singer has been impressed with how Mestel has promoted the other works under his aegis.

"Steven's a creative guy, and seeing what Larry has done with Cobain's catalog was very persuasive for him," Branca said.

Mestel has managed to find commercial uses for Cobain's music that avoided outraging Nirvana purists, including having the plot line of an episode of the CBS show "Cold Case" told through eight Nirvana songs.

"I love the passion and commitment that Larry and his team put into marketing songs," said Tyler. "Primary Wave's expertise will ensure that my catalog will continue to rock generations well into the future and boldly go where no songs have gone before." peter.lauria@nypost.com

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #457 on: January 13, 2008, 09:31:22 PM »

Any word on the new album??

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #458 on: February 15, 2008, 03:40:10 PM »

New Guitar Hero gives sweet emotion to Aerosmith fans
By Scott Hillis Fri Feb 15, 10:16 AM ET

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Activision Inc on Friday unveiled a new "Guitar Hero" video game focusing on the rock band Aerosmith, taking the billion-dollar franchise in a new direction.

Called "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith," the new game will arrive in stores this summer, a surprise to many analysts and fans who had expected the next title to come out closer to the year-end holiday shopping season.

Aerosmith, known for hits such as "Dream On" and "Sweet Emotion," is the top-selling American rock band of all time, with sales of 66.5 million albums in the United States alone.

The game will feature about 30 Aerosmith songs as well as others from various acts that have opened for the band. The price has not yet been set.

"The premise is that it's going to cover the 30-plus years of the band, from high school all the way through the rock superstardom of today," Kai Huang, head of Activision's RedOctane unit, which guides development of the franchise, told Reuters in an interview.

In the "Guitar Hero" games, players try to press colored buttons on a guitar-shaped controller in time with notes cascading down the screen. If the notes are hit, the song plays properly, and the player earns points.

Since the original "Guitar Hero" was released in late 2005, the series has gone on to sell more than $1 billion. Depending on the version, a bundle including the game and a controller costs from $80-$100, while the stand-alone game costs $40-$60.

When Activision reported quarterly earnings last week, analysts grilled the company on its plans for the franchise, expressing concern that sales would slow this year because many players who bought earlier versions with guitars would opt to buy the lower-price stand-alone game disks.

Huang said Activision had not yet decided whether it would offer a special controller with the Aerosmith game.

NEW DIRECTION

The focus on a single band marks a new twist for the franchise, whose three main titles featured dozens of artists spanning classic rock, grunge, metal, punk and other rock subgenres. Last year, Activision also released "Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s" with songs from that decade.

"It's just a completely new way to interact with this music and with Aerosmith, and we think there's more opportunity to do that in the future," Huang said.

By spotlighting a single band, the company has also come up with a way to counter rival music game "Rock Band" from Viacom Inc unit MTV and Electronic Arts Inc, Activision's top competitor.

"Rock Band," which includes drums and a microphone as well as a guitar, each week has offered new songs that can be downloaded to consoles like Microsoft Corp's Xbox 360 and Sony Corp's PlayStation 3.

The music industry is eyeing "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band" as a way to revive flagging sales. "Rock Band" and "Guitar Hero 3," both launched last fall, have together sold millions of songs at about $2 each via download.

Speaking of Aerosmith's willingness to work on the project, Huang said: "They recognize that it can deliver their music in an innovative and new way. It's a new distribution platform for them."

To recreate the sense of attending an Aerosmith concert, developers held motion-capture sessions with band members, including energetic frontman Steven Tyler and lead guitarist Joe Perry.

"As you play," Huang said, "you're going to be seeing Joe and Steven doing their moves onstage."
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #459 on: February 16, 2008, 10:10:15 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080215/music_nm/activision_guitarhero_dc

the interesting part for gnr fans.

The game will feature about 30 Aerosmith songs as well as others from various acts that have opened for the band.

------------

could one of the mods explain how this isn't related to gnr. preferably the one who moved it.

gnr opened for aerosmith,
new aerosmith version of guitar hero has songs from various acts which opened for them
gnr songs on new version of guitar hero seem quite likely....

« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 10:19:25 PM by Alan » Logged

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: