Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 215117 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #540 on: October 20, 2009, 03:41:28 PM »

didn't know they were playing again

Technically, no.

Maybe some good came out of that show?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #541 on: October 20, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »

didn't know they were playing again

It was part of a settlement from a lawsuit filed by fans after they cancelled a show, so kind of a unique situation.

Aerosmith to settle lawsuit with Maui performance
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2009-04-26-aerosmith-maui_N.htm

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #542 on: October 20, 2009, 07:56:20 PM »

Absolutely amazing performance and video...hopefully this show will bring them back so they can get to work

Aerosmith returned to the live stage this past Sunday (October 18) to play a gig at Honolulu, Hawaii's Blaisdell Arena. It marked the band's first "official" gig since frontman Steven Tyler was injured during a performance in Sturgis, South Dakota, prompting several cancellations. (Note: AEROSMITH's actual first performance since the Sturgis incident took place last week at an Oracle private event in San Francisco.)

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Eat The Rich
02. Fallin In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
03. Ragdoll
04. Walkin' The Dog
05. Dream On
06. Last Child
07. Same Old Song and Dance
08. Stop Messin' Around
09. Love In an Elevator
10. Cryin'
11. Draw The Line
12. Livin' On The Edge
13. Walk This Way
14. Sweet Emotion

Encore

15. Guitar Hero Joe
16. Train Kept A Rollin'

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 08:02:32 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #543 on: October 21, 2009, 06:36:18 AM »

Cheers for that Malcolm.  Wonder how they all felt being back on stage together on these last 2 shows..  Inspired hopefully.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #544 on: October 26, 2009, 01:16:08 PM »

Steven Tyler presentation to rock Concord

October 26, 2009 12:22 PM

Tickets go on sale, Friday, Oct. 30, for DREAM ON, An Intimate Evening with Steven Tyler, Saturday, Jan. 23, 8 p.m., at the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord.

The event features a multi-media presentation including video of Aerosmith concert footage, images captured through Tyler's and the band's remarkable history, stories of life on the road, discussion of Tyler's personal journey including his struggles with addiction, a special solo presentation of two renowned songs, and a question-answer period between Tyler and the audience. All proceeds from the event will benefit Child and Family Services' adolescent substance abuse treatment and child abuse prevention initiatives.

Having spent much of his life in New Hampshire, Tyler has become the state's preeminent living rock legend and success story. ?We are thrilled at this opportunity and honored that Steven Tyler will take to the local stage on our behalf,? says Mike Ostrowski, CEO/president of Child and Family Services, in a press release. ?Tyler's willingness to share such intimate details of his life, from the challenges of the band's early years of survival to the effects of realizing the rock star dream?and the road to recovery in between, will make for a rare, meaningful and memorable presentation.?

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20091026-ENTERTAIN-910269979
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 01:31:54 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #545 on: November 02, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »

Here is some footage of Aerosmith playing at the Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix last night.  Sounds good...

"I don't Wanna Miss A Thing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7PYaYEcKLg

"Walk This Way"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41DGr_aLJMk

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?col=&section=theuae&xfile=data/theuae/2009/November/theuae_November48.xml

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:55:35 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #546 on: November 04, 2009, 02:40:42 PM »

Are AEROSMITH Headed For A Permanent Vacation?

November 04, 2009

Classicrockmagazine.com is reporting:

Classic Rock exclusive: Steven to work on ?Brand Tyler? as band members ponder a future without him?

?Once the band hit the final note and I walk off stage ? then I?ll tell you the whole story,? an exuberant Steven Tyler announced to Classic Rock minutes before AEROSMITH played a triumphant set to a crowd of over 50,000 adrenalized punters at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The future of Aerosmith looks uncertain at moment as they approach their 40th anniversary in 2010.

Since falling off stage whilst the band were on tour with ZZ TOP, Tyler has decided to pull out of a planned South American tour at the end of the year and seems intent on pursuing solo projects, as he revealed to Classic Rock.

?I don?t know what I?m doing yet, but it?s definitely going to be something Steven Tyler: working on the brand of myself ? Brand Tyler.?

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #547 on: November 04, 2009, 10:37:37 PM »

Good riddance.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #548 on: November 05, 2009, 01:48:31 AM »

Aerosmith without Steven? I don't think so! To the dude above me get a life. you spend way to much time on this board.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #549 on: November 05, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »

looks like his ego has gone straight up his ass and back out his mouth

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #550 on: November 07, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/nov/06/joe-perry-steven-tyler-has-quit-aerosmith/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #551 on: November 07, 2009, 08:45:30 AM »

I don't believe this shit. I guess they didn't learn their lessons from the previous breakup.

Fuck 'Em All.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #552 on: November 07, 2009, 09:40:05 AM »

It sounds less about drugs this time, more about egos-Joe Perry says they plan to move on with another singer it sounds like

libertad
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #553 on: November 09, 2009, 02:05:44 PM »

Hmm yes, those recent clips from Hawaii and Abu Dhabi, although they sounded good, there didnt seem to be much in the way of onstage camaraderie, though i can appreciate there's only a few clips to base that on. I've only seen them once, and relatively recently (2007 in Hyde Park) and they seemed then to be enjoying themselves as a band more, rather than going through the motions.

I'll be pretty fkn gutted if tyler does leave em, though undeniably some shit needs to be sorted.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #554 on: November 09, 2009, 02:15:26 PM »

Wow that's pretty intense if Tyler leaves the band.  At this stage in their career I thought they were doing the right thing by toning it down, touring once and a while and doing an album every couple of years.  That at least leaves them with some time to get away from each other (as I'm sure working together for about 40 years gets to you after a while).  I can see maybe one year Tyler does his own thing, then gets back with the group and does something then breaks again.  But to just leave the baby or child you helped create and give it up after 40 years is pretty much crazy! Hopefully they can work something out and get it together. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #555 on: November 09, 2009, 02:38:28 PM »

First Oasis, now Aerosmith?? 2009 hasn't been great year....

If this is true, I don't know if I can see them going on with another singer. I'm not a hardcore follower of the band - I have 6 of their albums - but I know that Aerosmith without Steven Tyler couldn't work.

Aren't they a bit old to be falling out again anyway??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #556 on: November 09, 2009, 03:45:14 PM »

These guys should have packed it in at least 10 years ago. Just my opinion.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #557 on: November 09, 2009, 11:33:11 PM »

JOE PERRY: STEVEN TYLER Hung Up On Me - Nov. 9, 2009

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry was interviewed this morning (Monday, November 9) by Chuck Nowlin of Boston's WZLX 100.7 radio station. The chat can now be streamed using the audio player below. A few excerpts from the conversation follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On whether Steven Tyler has left AEROSMITH:

Perry: "I don't know. There hasn't been any communication with his managers. He hasn't talked to anybody in the band. So [the report on Classic Rock magazine's web site is] the only thing I've seen or heard.

"Right after the [Abu Dhabi] show [on November 1], I jumped in the car and went to the airport and flew to London for the Classic Rock Awards show. And so we got back a couple of days later than everybody else and when we plugged in and got online and saw [the Classic Rock article], it was kinda... 'OK, well, I guess that's what he's doing.' I knew we were gonna be taking some time off, but I guess he just announced what he was gonna be doing during the time off."

On whether there was any talk with Steven at all during the recent shows in Hawaii and Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates:

Perry: "No. He was off in his own dressing room, he stayed in different hotels from the band, travelled on different planes. We never saw him until we walked on stage on any of those shows."

On Steven telling Classic Rock magazine that he wants to concentrate on "Brand Tyler:"

Perry: "I guess. That's what [the article] says. That's what he's gonna do. I guess. Maybe we'll get a telegram from him; I don't know.

"Like I've been saying since the tour got cancelled, we're gonna be on hiatus. He was like that during the [ill-fated AEROSMITH] tour [with ZZ TOP], too. I mean, he was pretty much travelling on his own, with his own group of people. So there really wasn't much talk about what was going on. And after he fell off the stage the second time [in Sturgis], I don't think he was physically up to finishing the tour ? even if he hadn't broken his shoulder. I knew we were gonna be off for a while, so that was it. And I guess he's announced what he's gonna do online.

"I've been pretty verbal about what I'm doing [referring to his recently released solo album. ? Ed.]. I've told the [other] guys [in AEROSMITH], I've played them the record ? at least gave them the record. I know Brad's [Whitford; guitar] listened to it, I don't know if the other guys have. But I never let it get in the way of [AEROSMITH]. But... that's life."

On whether any of the new AEROSMITH album has been recorded and whether Steven completed any vocals for the new songs before the recent tour:

Perry: "No. The only thing we have is a bunch of stuff that's been left over from past records. Some of those [songs] we were gonna put on the [next] album, but he didn't do any singing at all for this record. I can't really understand that. We had some pretty good stuff laid out, and working with [producer] Brendan O'Brien, I thought it was gonna be a slam dunk, but for some reason, he just wasn't interested."

On having AEROSMITH end this way after being together so long:

Perry: "Well, I don't really think... As long as we're still kicking, it's not over. We'll probably get bored and come back. I don't what everybody's gonna be doing. We've talked about getting someone else to sing in the band, we've talked about just doing... I don't know... whatever."

On whether they have anybody in mind as a replacement for Tyler:

Perry: "Not really. And the thing is, it can't be AEROSMITH with... at least not the AEROSMITH that we know. For it to be valid and have something real about it, it would have to be somebody that would bring something to the party. It would be the four guys that have been playing forever, and using that weapon with somebody that's got [something] to bring in. But I don't know yet. We've really just kind of got knocked back on our heels, and everybody is just kind of settling back and figuring out what's going on."

On whether he or any of the other guys has reached out to Steven:

Perry: "I did call him when we were in Hawaii, because we had some gigs that were offered to us to do in South America ? like, three gigs that we were gonna do in December. And I called him up and asked him if he would consider doing them, and he hung up on me about halfway through the conversation, so I kind of got the hint that he pretty much wants to be alone and wants to do his own thing."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130108

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #558 on: November 10, 2009, 12:23:45 AM »

Scott Weiland!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #559 on: November 10, 2009, 05:24:21 AM »

Apparently, all he said was that he wants to do some solo stuff...

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/tyler-yet-to-confirm-aero-split/

But... from Joe Perry on Twitter...
Aerosmith is definetly NOT breaking up. One of the members is doing his own thing and said so in the press. That's all I know.
Inthe meantime aerosmith is positivly looking for a new singer to work with. You just can't take 40 years of expiriance and throwitinthebin!

So he's allowed to do solo stuff, but as soon as Steven says he wants to do a solo project they start talking about replacing him? I'm not surprised that he's pissed off with them if that's their attitude.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: