Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 208171 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #840 on: May 26, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »

As long as there are no outside writers this album has what it takes to be awesome.

They have been bringing in outside writers on all their albums as far back as Permanent Vacation-they share writing credits on several songs on each album with them.

libertad
overmatik
« Reply #841 on: May 28, 2012, 12:50:30 PM »

As long as there are no outside writers this album has what it takes to be awesome.

They have been bringing in outside writers on all their albums as far back as Permanent Vacation-they share writing credits on several songs on each album with them.

That was an imposition from the record company. The same happened to Alice Cooper on the Trash album. The difference now is that they have no pressure from the company so they should, IMHO, keep the writing in the house, unless they don't think they are able to still write great songs by themselves.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:53:27 PM by overmatik » Logged
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #842 on: June 16, 2012, 10:04:38 PM »

Love "Legendary Child" - been cranking it all night!

Somehow I missed this lol

Heard it for the first time today

I think its great.. Sounds very Get A Grip/ Pump era.. I like the tune alot

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #843 on: June 16, 2012, 10:47:22 PM »

Album delayed until October.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #844 on: July 13, 2012, 12:31:06 AM »

Video for Legendary Child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iXNwEaQoJU&feature=player_embedded

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #845 on: July 13, 2012, 12:44:27 AM »

Also

http://www.wwtdd.com/2012/07/steven-tyler-is-leaving-american-idol/

Steven Tyler is leaving ?American Idol?

Giving credence to the rumor that ?American Idol? will have three all new judges next season, Henifaa Yopez told the Today show this morning that ?maybe it?s time for me to go?, and now Steven Tyler?who could have dragged this out for months to be the center of attention like some media whores?has released a statement saying it?s definitely time for him to go.

?After some long ? hard ? thoughts ? I?ve decided it?s time for me to let go of my mistress American Idol before she boils my rabbit. I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I?m back ? but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I?ve got two fists in the air and I?m kicking the door open with my band.?

Meanwhile, Randy Jackson is laying low, screening phone calls from Fox, and hoping no one remembers to deactivate his key card.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #846 on: July 15, 2012, 11:30:32 AM »

Pulled out Get a Grip after about 14 years and damn it's so damned good!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #847 on: July 19, 2012, 01:13:44 PM »

Steven Tyler on Aerosmith's New Album: 'It's the music that's keeping us alive'

JULY 17, 2012

So is the new album full of rockers?

No. I wrote a song called "Beautiful," and it was looked upon by the other guys as not Aerosmith. It's off the beaten path. But anything that I question these days, I just go, "Fuck it, let's do it." And there's another full-bodied melody song called "It Could Have Been Love." I can't get away from it. My dad went to Juilliard and played a Steinway, and when you've been given the gift of music, you've got to play to your muse. Otherwise it's gonna bite you in the ass. [Laughs]

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/steven-tyler-on-aerosmiths-new-album-its-the-music-thats-keeping-us-alive-20120717#ixzz215cDawTi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #848 on: August 19, 2012, 08:37:13 PM »

Last week got to see Aerosmith live for the first time in Bristow, Virginia. It was a good show. It was nice to hear some for Get A Grip. Heard they are going to go on a large tour next year.     

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #849 on: October 17, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/aerosmiths-steven-tyler-and-tom-hamilton-on-luv-xxx-track-by-track-premiere-20121017

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
overmatik
« Reply #850 on: October 18, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »

This website is streaming 10 out of the 15 tracks of the album: http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Music+From+Another+Dimension/7896275
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #851 on: November 26, 2012, 12:40:18 AM »

Aerosmith's new cd is the worst piece of shit released this year. nervous

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
overmatik
« Reply #852 on: December 04, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »

I was just waiting for someone to throw the ball...  hihi

Yes, it is painful to listen to, actually. I mean, all that talk about working with the same producer of their 70s classics and when the album is released there are more ballads than Just Push Play! I just can't understand how the guys could have gone with that. That time Steven spent on American Idol has completely spoiled him...  no
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #853 on: January 04, 2013, 09:47:43 PM »

This

Terrible fucking CD

Get Joe Perry away from the fucking mic please.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #854 on: June 19, 2014, 07:25:51 AM »

Just saw them live for the first time!
Steven sounds and looks just great... Rest of the band looked like they couldn't quite follow

But it was a very good show and as mentioned above those new songs (they played 2 I think) especially Freedom fighter (wish Joe Perry on vocals) really suck

Opening act were Walking Paper and they were very good, playing quite a few new songs

Like peeing clouds!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #855 on: December 13, 2014, 11:06:31 AM »

Steven at the Nobel peaceprice award show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjjlwp6sXEI

if thats not good enough try http://tv.nrk.no/serie/nobels-fredspriskonsert/MUHU21000114/11-12-2014  at 1h and 02ish mins. ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #856 on: December 13, 2014, 02:04:08 PM »

Steven at the Nobel peaceprice award show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjjlwp6sXEI

if thats not good enough try http://tv.nrk.no/serie/nobels-fredspriskonsert/MUHU21000114/11-12-2014  at 1h and 02ish mins. ok

More than Words  ?! ... peace
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #857 on: April 06, 2016, 02:42:51 PM »

STEVEN TYLER Says AEROSMITH Is 'Probably Doing A Farewell Tour' In 2017

AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler has told Rolling Stone that the band will return to the road in 2017. "We're probably doing a farewell tour," he said. The singer added: "Look, there's two bands that still have the original members, us and THE [ROLLING] STONES. I'm grateful for that. Whether we do a farewell tour or go into the studio and do another record, I'm just excited about it."

In the meantime, Tyler will spend most of 2016 nurturing his solo career, including playing thirty solo shows between May and August leading up to the release of his debut solo album.

In May 2015, Tyler released his first country single, "Love Is Your Name", which reached No. 1 on the Billboard Country Streaming Songs chart. He followed it up with "Red White & You", which came out in January.

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry seemed dismissive of Tyler's country debut, telling USA Today in an interview: "Hey, if I didn't know him when I heard the song I'd go, 'It's okay, next.' I'm not going to say anything else about that."

He added: "Steven is in Nashville doing whatever he's doing. He's got a [bleeping] rhinestone cowboy hat going 'Yippee ki yay.' I don't know what else to say about that."

Tyler's full-length country debut is tentatively due later in the year. The effort will be released via Dot Records, the legendary label that Scott Borchetta and his Big Machine Label Group revived in 2014.

The AEROSMITH singer's country album will feature songs that he has written and recorded in Nashville with writers like Paslay, Hillary Lindsey, Cary Barlowe and THE CADILLAC THREE's Jaren Johnston.

AEROSMITH guitarist Brad Whitford said last year that he was less than thrilled with Tyler's plans to devote most of 2016 to his country-tinged debut solo album. He said: "I guess he seems to think his solo career is going to go great guns and he doesn't seem to realize ? in my opinion ? that his fans around the globe want to see him in the context of AEROSMITH and don't really care for whatever he thinks he's going to do. I don't know if he gets that, but, hey ? that's what he wants to do. I can't put a gun to his head."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #858 on: April 07, 2016, 08:59:37 AM »

Awww man, that's too bad they will no longer be touring. I might try and see them in 2017 - if I can afford... kinda sold the farm with my GNR ticket(s) LOL. But they are my second favourite band after GNR (however, I have yet to see them in concert). Funny how Tyler's bandmates perceive his new solo gig. They put out some great music in the 1970s - 1990s. Steven Tyler is already 68. Kinda depressing... oh well, better than the alternative!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #859 on: June 21, 2016, 07:14:58 PM »

STEVEN TYLER Says AEROSMITH's 'Farewell' Tour Will Launch In 2017

During a live call-in interview on "The Howard Stern Show" on SiriusXM satellite radio earlier today (Tuesday, June 21), AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler revealed that the band will embark on a farewell tour in 2017. Tyler, who will release his first-ever solo album, "We're All Somebody From Somewhere", on July 15, added the caveat that the tour will probably last "forever."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: