Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:08:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 212931 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #560 on: November 10, 2009, 06:45:02 AM »

Damn, I thought the new album was going to be some new material... Not songs that didn't make the cut from older albums Tongue

Fuck 'Em All.
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #561 on: November 10, 2009, 09:59:33 AM »

nasy business

reported on BBC site as well - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8352001.stm

Shocked Shocked
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #562 on: November 10, 2009, 12:10:30 PM »

confused

AEROSMITH Drummer Joey Kramer - "The Band Is Together"

AEROSMITH drummer Joey Kramer was live on WPLR (New Haven, CT 99.1) with Chaz and AJ just minutes ago today (Tuesday, November 10th) and he was asked about the status of the band. The chat went as follows:

WPLR: Is Steven Tyler in the band?

Kramer: "Well, my partners have been misquoted and their comments have been taken out of context. I'm not going to make a statement about that on the radio. I'm going to make a statement about it in person."

WPLR: So the band did not break up?

Kramer: "No, the band didn't break up."

WPLR: The band is together

Kramer: "Yup"

WPLR: The band is like a marriage and sometimes you are in different rooms and need some space.

Kramer: "That is correct. You got it. We've gone through a lot of stuff together. It's been a 40-year marriage."

Kramer will be taking part in a discussion and book signing event at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut on November 14th. All the details are available right here.

Bravewords.com

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #563 on: November 10, 2009, 05:26:22 PM »

So Aerosmith is going to find a new lead singer to replace Steven Tyler?

FUCKING LAME   Roll Eyes
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #564 on: November 10, 2009, 11:56:12 PM »

STEVEN TYLER: I Am Not Quitting AEROSMITH! - Nov. 10, 2009

AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler joined THE JOE PERRY PROJECT (the band led by AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry) on stage earlier tonight (Tuesday, November 10) at the Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza in New York City to perform the AEROSMITH classic "Walk This Way".

According to a BLABBERMOUTH.NET source a the concert, Tyler assured the crowd that ? despite rumors to the contrary ? he is "not quitting AEROSMITH" before launching into the track, which was originally released as the second single from the band's 1975 album "Toys in the Attic".

OK! magazine reports that Tyler also appeared at last night's (Monday, November 9) 2009 Glamour Women of the Year Awards at Carnegie Hall in New York and was asked about whether he is leaving AEROSMITH. "Does it look like I'm leaving AEROSMITH?" he reportedly replied. "You know what it is, it's those people who are putting out Joe's album. Joe's doing a solo album. So people are paying attention to that."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130178
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:01:31 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #565 on: November 11, 2009, 12:03:27 AM »

Thank goodness. What the fuck has Joe Perry been on about? Huh

Fuck 'Em All.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #566 on: November 11, 2009, 12:13:47 AM »

Sounds like Joe is the one with the issues not Steven.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #567 on: November 11, 2009, 05:11:18 AM »

STEVEN TYLER: I Am Not Quitting AEROSMITH! - Nov. 10, 2009

thank god.  that was a near catastrophic event.  Hopefully they got on to the new record now.  Hopefully we could all put this madness behind us now.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:15:22 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #568 on: November 11, 2009, 05:22:03 AM »

I hope this wasn't some stupid PR trick. Tongue

Fuck 'Em All.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #569 on: November 11, 2009, 08:19:14 AM »

^^ exactly.  So much gets taken out of context though, its hard to tell.  Love that one day its all over the news "tyler quits aerosmith" then 2 days later he's bouncing on stage with the Joe Perry project! pretty funny..
hope they do sort out whats going on and we get some new music soon and come back to the UK... beer
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #570 on: November 11, 2009, 09:27:42 AM »

Joe Perry can't be that dumb to think Tyler can quit through a magazine article or an assumption through a phone call-I would imagine lawyers and so on would have to be involved over money issues, publishing rights-the Aerosmith name still draws tons of money even if they put nothing out, so I think quitting would be a little more involved than that

libertad
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #571 on: November 12, 2009, 10:42:43 AM »

From Billboard Nov 11 09:

Joe Perry says Aerosmith wont wait for Steven Tyler

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry says estranged singer Steven Tyler's surprise guest appearance at his Joe Perry Project concert Tuesday night (Nov. 10) in New York "really didn't change anything in my mind" about the status of their band.

Tyler joined Perry and company for an encore rendition of Aerosmith's "Walk This Way," telling fans before the song that "I want you to know that I'm not leaving Aerosmith."

Now, Perry tells Billboard.com that Tyler "never said he was leaving the band" but further explains that the singer "said he wanted two years off to do his other projects," which is where things become problematic.

"Aerosmith wants to work," says Perry, who Tweeted earlier in the week that the band was "positively looking for a new singer to work with." He adds, "the band's been playing together for 40 years. It's a really powerful rock band, and I don't want to see it just go to waste and I don't think any of the other guys do, either. We're gonna work and we're gonna do something -- I'm not exactly sure what yet, but the band's too good to let it sit around. We're not going to wait for Steven."

Perry says he's had one conference call during the past week with bandmates Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer, but they have not made any firm decisions about anything -- including working with another singer while Tyler is pursuing his outside endeavors. "We're waiting for things to kind of settle down, and then we'll figure out what we're gonna do. Anything is possible," the guitarist says.

Perry also says that Tyler's appearance at Irving Plaza on Tuesday caught him completely by surprise. Tyler, he says, appeared backstage just as the Project was taking its encore break. "He was really the last person I expected," Perry recalls, "and then I saw him. He said, 'How ya doin'? What's going on? What songs are you playing -- anything good or what?' I said, 'Well, we've got a couple more to go...You want to come and sit in with the band?' and he said 'Yeah' and...[chose] 'Walk This Way.'"

"I was really blown away that he came to the show," says Perry, "but he showed up and was really anxious to come and sit in and play, so I figured, what the hell? He's been my partner for 40 years, and I figured I'd let him have some fun and...give the fans an extra treat."

As for spreading Internet rumors about Tyler's health, Perry says that the singer "came and went so fast I didn't even get a chance to check him out that much...We read the Tweets and the different bits of gossip here and there, but that's stuff you need to talk to Steven about."

Perry says the Project, meanwhile, will be on the road throughout the month and then plan to resume touring in late January, though he expects to be speaking to the other Aerosmith members in the near future about their potential plans.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/exclusive-joe-perry-says-aerosmith-won-t-1004041884.story
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #572 on: November 12, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »

I think they should just come out and say none of them know what the hell's going and they'll get back to us when they do. Tongue

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #573 on: November 12, 2009, 12:59:23 PM »

Aerosmith wants to work. Yet they havent done an album since what, 2001?

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #574 on: November 12, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »

Seems pretty straight forward.

The rest of the band wants to make a record and tour.

Steven Tyler wants to do solo stuff.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #575 on: November 12, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »

I say let Steven have the time he wants to work on his solo stuff then come back and do an album. I mean Joe is getting to do his own shit but they don't t wanna let Steven? It sounds like Joe and the rest of them have their heads in their asses not Steven.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #576 on: November 12, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »

Why do solo stuff? Just do the Aerosmith album

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #577 on: November 13, 2009, 09:17:22 AM »

I say let Steven have the time he wants to work on his solo stuff then come back and do an album. I mean Joe is getting to do his own shit but they don't t wanna let Steven? It sounds like Joe and the rest of them have their heads in their asses not Steven.

But they do solo stuff while doing Aerosmith... Steven wants to stop the band while he does his
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #578 on: November 14, 2009, 03:42:36 PM »

therealedtrunk - Standing on a stage at Mohegan Sun with Joey Kramer. He says Aerosmith is moving on for now without Tyler.

therealedtrunk - Joey said his favorite band to open for Aerosmith was Buckcherry. Worst Megadeth due to fighting with Mustaine.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #579 on: November 14, 2009, 07:04:27 PM »

therealedtrunk - Standing on a stage at Mohegan Sun with Joey Kramer. He says Aerosmith is moving on for now without Tyler.

therealedtrunk - Joey said his favorite band to open for Aerosmith was Buckcherry. Worst Megadeth due to fighting with Mustaine.

Interesting, so that confirms what Joe Perry said...

AEROSMITH's JOE PERRY: We're Not Going To Wait For STEVEN TYLER - Nov. 11, 2009

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130235

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: