Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:39:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 212927 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #640 on: February 01, 2010, 01:11:10 PM »

Maybe it would take an Aerosmith minus Steven tour to fail spectacularly for Joe Perry to realize what's up.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #641 on: February 01, 2010, 01:55:58 PM »

Lead guitarists.

Psh.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #642 on: February 02, 2010, 10:33:20 AM »

Official: Steven Tyler Tried Out For Led Zeppelin

02/02/2010

t?s true ? Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler auditioned to replace Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin.

It was early in the summer of 2008 that a rumour began circulating about Tyler trying out for Zeppelin ? six months after the band?s reunion gig with Robert Plant on vocals at London?s O2 Arena.

?And it?s a rumour that Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry now confirms.

Perry tells Classic Rock:

?Steven disappeared and I called around. Somebody said that he was in London trying out for Led Zeppelin.

?It?s something I?ve never talked about before outside of the [Aerosmith] family, so to speak, and kept out of the press.

?It?s a kind of window into how hard it?s been to keep the partnership together.

?It?s certainly not the first time things like that have happened ? that?s the downside of our relationship.?

The audition came about through Henry Smith, a childhood friend of Tyler?s who?d worked with Zeppelin.

In fact, Tyler invited Smith to accompany him to the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in 2007, where the pair sat at a table with Zep guitarist Jimmy Page.

From various reports it transpires that Tyler came to the Zeppelin rehearsals unprepared, and under the impression that he would be writing new material with the band.

This resulted in some shambolic sessions, some embarrassing, awkward moments ? and the Plant-shaped lead singer post still vacant.

Perry caught up with Page at last November?s Classic Rock awards where the Zep six-stringer filled him in on what exactly happened during Tyler?s try-out.

Perry says: ?Page said he felt really awkward about the audition, but ultimately it was a group decision.?

Tyler returned to the States believing that Aerosmith were oblivious to his Zep escapade, and things carried on as normal until the singer took his infamous tumble from the stage at an Aerosmith gig in Dakota.

It ultimately dawned on Perry that Tyler was working to a different agenda, leading to his decision to try and look for a new Aerosmith frontman.

* The March issue of Classic Rock, which goes on sale tomorrow, February 3, features Joe Perry on the front cover and contains more exclusive Aero-revelations.

Estranged Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler may resort to the courtroom to prevent the band appointing a new singer ? read the full story here.

Last week Classic Rock was first with the news about guitarist Joe Perry?s quest for a new Aerosmith singer.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/official-steven-tyler-tried-out-for-led-zeppelin/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #643 on: February 02, 2010, 01:02:07 PM »

Here is a two part interview with Joe Perry with K-Rock 97.5.

He talks mostly about Steven Tyler/Aerosmith and says from what he's seen on the internet "Steven really doesn't have any long term plans of being in the band.  He may agree to do a couple more shows...I don't know." (Part 1 @ 4:50)

http://www.k-rock975.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM2ceTApxBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cijlv-i4Udk

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #644 on: February 02, 2010, 05:19:31 PM »

Here is a two part interview with Joe Perry with K-Rock 97.5.

He talks mostly about Steven Tyler/Aerosmith and says from what he's seen on the internet "Steven really doesn't have any long term plans of being in the band.  He may agree to do a couple more shows...I don't know." (Part 1 @ 4:50)

http://www.k-rock975.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM2ceTApxBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cijlv-i4Udk

Wtf is this guy smoking?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #645 on: February 02, 2010, 06:30:36 PM »

Steven Tyler + Joe Perry= Aerosmith.  It is not Aerosmith if one of them is missing...especially Tyler.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #646 on: February 03, 2010, 03:57:51 AM »

Official: Steven Tyler Tried Out For Led Zeppelin

This just gets weirder and weirder...

Fuck 'Em All.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #647 on: February 03, 2010, 03:12:32 PM »

More from Joe Perry:

JOE PERRY Would 'Definitely' Consider Getting Female Singer To Front AEROSMITH - Feb. 2, 2010

Classic Rock Revisited editor Jeb Wright recently conducted an interview with AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry for the "Decades Of Distortion" show on the Arkansas City, Kansas radio station KACY 102.5 FM. The chat is now available for streaming in three parts below.

When asked if there is any truth to Classic Rock magazine's recent report that Perry asked Paul Rodgers if he would be interested in replacing Steven Tyler in AEROSMITH, Joe said, "I mean, obviously that would be a thought, because he is one of my favorite singers of all time, and I got a chance to meet him at Classic Rock Awards [in London] a couple of months ago. But I think that he's a really? him being English from that earlier generation, I don't think that it would work. I mean, it's more than just somebody who can sing. I would love to do ? and I probably will ? do some tracks with him. As a matter of fact, I think THE JOE PERRY PROJECT is gonna open a tour with them in April in England. The original BAD COMPANY is gonna get back together and they asked me to open the show. So we will be playing together, but I don't think that he'll be? We're young kids to him. I just don't think it's the right chemistry. Technically, I know he's got the chops ? I mean, I know he can sing anything he wants ? but I think that it's a little bit more than just if he can sing the songs."

Regarding whether AEROSMITH would consider hiring a female singer to replace Tyler, Perry said, "Oh, definitely! No one in the band's brought that up, but sometimes they need a little? You've gotta think out of the box. Oddly enough, a lot of the bands I was in before I had AEROSMITH, I had female singers in the band and it was really good ? a lot of great songs. So that's definitely a possibility."

Audio: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134466

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #648 on: February 03, 2010, 04:09:43 PM »

This is just starting to get hilarious. I'm almost hoping this whole thing kills off the band. They haven't been relevant for a long time.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #649 on: February 03, 2010, 06:41:47 PM »

I wish Joe Perry would just stop talking.
RickRoses
Opening Act

« Reply #650 on: February 04, 2010, 02:06:47 AM »

It was early in the summer of 2008 that a rumour began circulating about Tyler trying out for Zeppelin ? six months after the band?s reunion gig with Robert Plant on vocals at London?s O2 Arena.

thats a bit of a dick move by perry. if steven wanted that to be known he woulda said something. like.... fuck off joe! perry is being a fucking idiot about the whole thing. dude, you're a fucking multi-millionaire. if your singer wants to take a break, its not like you're gonna go broke. chill.

PS: i saw the joe perry project open for motley crue about a week and a half ago. they sucked. perry is nothing without steven.

The Best Fuckin' Day Of My Life
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #651 on: February 04, 2010, 04:04:44 PM »

thats a bit of a dick move by perry. if steven wanted that to be known he woulda said something. like.... fuck off joe! perry is being a fucking idiot about the whole thing. dude, you're a fucking multi-millionaire. if your singer wants to take a break, its not like you're gonna go broke. chill.

PS: i saw the joe perry project open for motley crue about a week and a half ago. they sucked. perry is nothing without steven.

Its not like he doesn't have good reasons for taking a break either. Rehab for pain killers and he needs leg and foot surgery. Seriously give the guy a break. Joe is being such a complete ass. I've lost all respect i had for him.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #652 on: February 06, 2010, 07:06:28 PM »

Joe Perry: ?Tyler?s Still In Aerosmith?

06/02/2010

Joe Perry has exclusively told Classic Rock that Steven Tyler will remain a member of Aerosmith, even though another singer is being brought in.

The guitarist now says of the situation:

?Steven hasn?t quit the band, nor have we sacked him. We?re taking the attitude that he?s going on a vacation from Aerosmith. While he?s away working on other projects, the rest of us (Perry, guitarist Brad Whitford, bassist Tom Hamilton and drummer Joey Kramer) want to carry on playing live. So we will be bring another singer to make this happen.

?We?re not daft enough to think we can replace Steven, and that?s not our plan. But after 40 years of working together we just don?t wanna stop. How long with Steven be away? He says it?ll be two years, but I believe he?ll be back a lot sooner. It may end up that we only do 10 shows with the new person!?

Perry also commented on those singers currently being linked with the Aerosmith slot.

?Every day there appears to be a new name mentioned. All that happens is that someone puts a suggestion on the internet, it?s picked up by others, and within 24 hours that person is the singer we?ve chosen! The reality is that we know a lot of vocalists, and have sounded out some of them as to whether they?d be interested in joining the band. Right now, no-one?s been offered the job.

?The four of us talk all the time on the phone, and we will get down to making the choice after I finish my tour with the Joe Perry Project. As it stands, we are open to all possibilities. We may even choose a female vocalist. Why not? There are some women out there with great voices.?

Aerosmith aim to sort out the situation in the Spring, and get back on the road in the Summer. And Perry hopes the new, temporary line-up will also do some songs the band haven?t done for years.

?All I can say is that this should be a really exciting time for the band. It?s a chance to do something a little different, before Steven returns.?

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/joe-perry-tylers-still-in-aerosmith/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #653 on: February 09, 2010, 09:41:57 PM »

Blue Bombers sue over lost Aerosmith concert

Singer Steven Tyler's injuries forced cancellation

February 9, 2010

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are suing a concert promoter for last summer's cancelled show by rockers Aerosmith.

The football club claims it lost more than $97,000 in expenses it incurred planning for the show that had been scheduled for Aug. 7, including hiring staff and preparing Canad Inns Stadium.

"There are a whole bunch of people that need to be paid, that need to be fed, there's equipment to be engaged, there's equipment to be set up. I'm just hitting the tip of the iceberg," said Bob Sokalski, the club's lawyer.

The lawsuit also includes claims for revenue the club would have received in concession sales, parking fees and commissions.

The concert was cancelled the day before it was scheduled, after Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler hurt himself falling off a stage in South Dakota on Aug. 5.

Tyler was on the stage's catwalk when he fell backward. He was airlifted to a local hospital where he was treated for head, neck and shoulder injuries.

Although the Winnipeg concert was cancelled due to Tyler's misstep, the lawsuit is against the Calgary-based promoter, Keystone Entertainment Group, not the band, said Sokalski.

Keystone didn't fulfil its contract to deliver the show, he said.

"There was a breach. A demand was made for compensation [and] the demand was not fulfilled, therefore the automatic recourse is a lawsuit," he said, adding that it is up to the promoter to get insurance to cover the cost of cancelled concerts.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2010/02/09/mb-bombers-aerosmith-concert-cancel-lawsuit-winnipeg.html

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #654 on: February 15, 2010, 03:02:28 PM »

they've been announced to headline download festival and tyler will front them Tongue
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #655 on: February 15, 2010, 03:18:32 PM »

they've been announced to headline download festival and tyler will front them Tongue

In recent weeks, there has been much speculation as to whether legendary Boston rockers Aerosmith are actually still together. However, frontman Steven Tyler hopes that this festival announcement will put pay to internet rumours of any alleged band infighting.

?In the early days of Aerosmith we were infected with the vibe coming out of the UK with The Yardbirds, Blues Breakers, Pretty Things and the Stones and we wanted what they had bad,? says Steven Tyler. ?So baby, we?re coming home! Rock ?n? Roll can be pure sex and we can?t wait ?til Download!?

superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #656 on: February 15, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »

So they're not replacing Steven anymore?
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #657 on: February 16, 2010, 06:56:58 AM »

fkn what??? this is really bizarre!
may definately pop in on the sunday if tyler is indeed back in the saddle. i hope they can put some of this shit behind them and stop whining about tyler needing time off if thats still the case
aerosmith, the soap opera!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #658 on: February 16, 2010, 06:43:41 PM »

They are confirmed for the same festival in Sweden as GN'R, Sweden Rock Festival
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #659 on: February 16, 2010, 10:18:58 PM »

And if I'm not mistaken, are headlining as their name is above GNR on the poster?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: