Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 01:27:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228004 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Axl's War Quote"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Axl's War Quote"  (Read 30257 times)
SammyD1st
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2006, 04:44:25 PM »

It's always unfortunate to see what happens when these topics come up. We all have something in common that draws us together, yet it is easy to be drawn apart.

After all, don't forget:

- SammyD1st
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »

If you ask me, The image you posted is disgusting SammyD1st. it's offensive to those who are special or suffering from downs syndrome. Angry

And to whoever, don't try to use any musician or their opinions to gain your own ends such as your political belief.
Origen
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2006, 05:15:57 PM »

It's always unfortunate to see what happens when these topics come up.

Because 9/10 it's Americans, who may love there politics but the rest of us arn't to bothered about it, or at least not to try and turn everything thread into a discussion about it.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2006, 05:43:15 PM »

Are you guys kidding me with these responses??!! Looks to me like there's a lot of "americans" on here! "The first gulf-war was a just war! haha! The US doesn't have a free press that reflects the truth about what's going on! So you are hereby excused! Please for the love of God; stop posting nonsense! "I hate Chris Martin and Bono..." ehem!! The next GNR album is called what? CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!! If that's not political, then I don't know what is! If a rockstar like Chris Martin or Bono (or Axl) wants to talk about their political views, let them do so! It's been done for ages by persons with influence! Who cares if Axl has a little dobbel-standard. Search YouTube for the interview from Donnington '88 where he talks shit about Iron Maiden for being a "political-band" Everyone eventually grows up and wants to make a difference; even Axl! PS: love this site! Keep it up guys, most of these posts are interesting and I enjoy reading them. But MOST on THIS thread is pure ignorence! You made my day!!! Smiley (by the way; I work in one of the largest recordstores in Norway. I just spoke to Universal this week. And we're not gonna see CD this year! Take my word for it! Sorry guys!)

Stavanger-rock-city!!
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2006, 06:04:59 PM »

I'm not interested in these old quotes I think:

War: Sucks
George Bush: Sucks
GN'R: Rules

peace peace peace

btw: I'm a european
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2006, 06:19:49 PM »

cool! Robin has got some interesting links indeed... ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2006, 06:21:53 PM »

hehe I'm like you, give_it_a_rest: ok: I can't see any musician on a worldwide level being for any war.

Keep it up guys, most of these posts are interesting and I enjoy reading them. But MOST on THIS thread is pure ignorence! You made my day!!! Smiley (by the way; I work in one of the largest recordstores in Norway. I just spoke to Universal this week. And we're not gonna see CD this year! Take my word for it! Sorry guys!)

on what authority we should believe theUniversal you spoke to?
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2006, 07:07:39 PM »

Every tax payer has the right to express themselves, famous or not. 

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2006, 07:14:03 PM »

Even if axl is a rockstar he still has a right to free speach just like all of us!and if you beleive he should keep it to himself cuz it doesnt matter then you can go live in North Korea. Also to that dude who said he shouldent take a side because that might make the audience not like him then your dumb! if you stop liking a band because of there political views then your a total dumbass! you should like them for there music not there political opinions!

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2006, 07:21:56 PM »

Even if axl is a rockstar he still has a right to free speach just like all of us!and if you beleive he should keep it to himself cuz it doesnt matter then you can go live in North Korea. Also to that dude who said he shouldent take a side because that might make the audience not like him then your dumb! if you stop liking a band because of there political views then your a total dumbass! you should like them for there music not there political opinions!

You should probably stick to the 8th grade discussions.  It's obvious this went a little over your head.  At 13 your still being force-fed an opinion.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2006, 07:28:57 PM »

Are you guys kidding me with these responses??!! Looks to me like there's a lot of "americans" on here! "The first gulf-war was a just war! haha! The US doesn't have a free press that reflects the truth about what's going on! So you are hereby excused! Please for the love of God; stop posting nonsense! "I hate Chris Martin and Bono..." ehem!! The next GNR album is called what? CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!! If that's not political, then I don't know what is! If a rockstar like Chris Martin or Bono (or Axl) wants to talk about their political views, let them do so! It's been done for ages by persons with influence! Who cares if Axl has a little dobbel-standard. Search YouTube for the interview from Donnington '88 where he talks shit about Iron Maiden for being a "political-band" Everyone eventually grows up and wants to make a difference; even Axl! PS: love this site! Keep it up guys, most of these posts are interesting and I enjoy reading them. But MOST on THIS thread is pure ignorence! You made my day!!! Smiley (by the way; I work in one of the largest recordstores in Norway. I just spoke to Universal this week. And we're not gonna see CD this year! Take my word for it! Sorry guys!)

I don't understand why a small minority of this board acts like just because the record is called "Chinese Democracy" that it's obviously political. It's just a name.. sounds cool. Contraband must be about the military right man?

And as for the last part of your comment... we all believe you  Roll Eyes. Noob

gnrevolution.com
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2006, 07:31:09 PM »

You should probably stick to the 8th grade discussions.? It's obvious this went a little over your head.? At 13 your still being force-fed an opinion.

Also, and I am really trying hard not to be rude here, gnrfanxxx, if you want to have an opinion on this matter it might be taken more seriously if you can spell the state you live in.

I really try hard to stay away from topics regarding politics for the simple reason they wind up like this. ?But I also believe that something someone said over a decade ago now is really silly to argue over. ?No one here is in the position to discuss Axl's political views based on one comment a very long time ago.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2006, 08:36:42 PM »

It would be intersting to see if Axl is as right as he once was.  I mean, the guy used words like "nigger" and "faggot" in a song, he was likely not too far left back then.

But agree with a lot here, his opinion is worth as much as any of ours...no more, no less.
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2006, 09:10:11 PM »

You should probably stick to the 8th grade discussions.? It's obvious this went a little over your head.? At 13 your still being force-fed an opinion.

First of all i have my own damn opinion and im not force fed. yes im 13 but i go to political forums and post my opinions on stuff. just because im 13 dosent mean im a baby that cant make up my own opinion. dont treat me like a fuckin baby. this is not over my head, i posted on threads about war and animal rights and abortions and all that crap and i understand what it all means. if i can handle those i think i can handle a thread about axl having his right to say what he wants. So dont be so stupid next time.

gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2006, 09:15:54 PM »

Also, and I am really trying hard not to be rude here, gnrfanxxx, if you want to have an opinion on this matter it might be taken more seriously if you can spell the state you live in.

I really try hard to stay away from topics regarding politics for the simple reason they wind up like this. ?But I also believe that something someone said over a decade ago now is really silly to argue over. ?No one here is in the position to discuss Axl's political views based on one comment a very long time ago.

Dude i know how to spell, i only spell because with a z because i type faster that way on the internet, if i was writing an Esay i would spell it BECAUSE. the only other time i spell something wrong is if im typing to fast. ONCE AGAIN dont treat me like a fucking baby because i spell a word or 2 wrong or because im 13.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2006, 09:21:32 PM »

All of you anti-war & Democrat people are wrong. Axl's not on your side either.

Years ago he did an interview, probably around 1992, and I can't remember the quote, but basically he said he was anti-government. He hates both Republicans & Democrats. He thinks all politicians are liars, and basically really trashed the entire setup of the U.S. Government.

Back in the '92 election, he bashed the dog shit out of both Bush & Clinton.

I'm sure it's no different now, if not worse. He hates the government as a whole. He's not on either side.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2006, 09:24:41 PM »

Years ago he did an interview, probably around 1992, and I can't remember the quote, but basically he said he was anti-government. He hates both Republicans & Democrats. He thinks all politicians are liars, and basically really trashed the entire setup of the U.S. Government.

I'm sure it's no different now, if not worse. He hates the government as a whole. He's not on either side.

It sounds like he hates politics.. not government.

I'm not trying to be a smartass at all btw. Just pointing out that theres a difference.

gnrevolution.com
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2006, 09:27:32 PM »

AMEN

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2006, 09:28:27 PM »

It seems it's not just politics he hates, but rather all organized authority. Not so strange from a psychological view, considering his upbringing.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2006, 09:30:59 PM »

It seems it's not just politics he hates, but rather all organized authority. Not so strange from a psychological view, considering his upbringing.

true, he's said he hated cops before

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: